Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

The huge Anfield problem

Read 311680 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Is Anfield becoming our "bogey" ground
      Reply #1656: May 02, 2012 12:40:19 pm
      Im not surprised with the amount of whoppers and arl moaning bas**rds who sit in the stands.

Anxiety in the ground transcends on to the pitch and it really is telling. I don't even enjoy going to the match at the moment.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8620 
      Reply #1657: May 02, 2012 12:47:50 pm
      No.

Maybe the team just aren't good enough.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1658: May 02, 2012 01:15:57 pm
      Spooky.

I like spook.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1659: May 02, 2012 01:30:35 pm
      Look's as though the 12th man has fu**ed off too.

It's been an Annus Horribilus at Anfield and i have no doubt there will be no repeat performance's under Kenny's watch next season.

Fans that attend home games should show their support for team & manager even when things don't go our way,thats the way it used to be.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1660: May 02, 2012 02:00:22 pm
      Think of it as good luck ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1661: May 02, 2012 02:34:25 pm
      I had LFCTV on last night whilst the match was on, as you all probably know they are not allowed to show the game whilst it's on so instead the camera's were on the commentators and the crowd, well I have to say I was appalled, the kop crowd looked like they were sitting in a morgue, talk about motionless, it was so depressing and I commented to my daughter that in the days of old when the team went one down, the kop would be singing the roof off at Anfield trying to get behind the players and offer some support.

Instead all you get now are moans and groans from every section of the crowd, like others have said this will find its way onto the field where the ten sion from the crowd will be picked up by the players  :(

Sad to say Anfield isn't the fortress it once was and probably never will be again.

>:(

Im not surprised with the amount of whoppers and arl moaning bas**rds who sit in the stands.

Anxiety in the ground transcends on to the pitch and it really is telling. I don't even enjoy going to the match at the moment.

That was only the second home game I've missed all season, but like you Danny, I can count on one hand the ones I've enjoyed  >:(
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1662: May 02, 2012 03:42:21 pm
      Yes it is, let's move.

Erm....
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1663: May 02, 2012 04:02:07 pm
      No!
      WildIRL
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #1664: May 02, 2012 05:44:13 pm
      The away supporters have been magnificent all season... maybe we should put all our supporters on a bus for a few hours before home games.

Who knows might work.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8620 
      Reply #1665: May 02, 2012 10:53:36 pm
      maybe we should put all our supporters on a bus for a few hours before home games.

Quite a few already will have!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #1666: May 03, 2012 05:40:49 pm
      Anfield will never be full of fans urging the red men to glory.

• Ticket prices are too high, pricing out your local scally and your hardcore out of towner
      • Too many out of towners who simply aren't proper reds
      • Too many local reds who think they're above everything and anyone else to make a peep because of their sense of entitlement

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,590 posts | 7141 
      Reply #1667: May 03, 2012 05:49:18 pm
      having ticket only games has ruined the atmosphere. Ever since the Kop became all seater and all ticket the atmosphere has all but gone except for the odd Euro/Cup game.
      I dont want a season ticket but I would like to go to about half the home games but cant be bothered with all the fuss.
      Maybe the new stadium will have a pay at the gate section I would gladly que up like the old days .
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #1668: May 06, 2012 02:07:42 pm
      Anfield will never be full of fans urging the red men to glory.

• Too many local reds who think they're above everything and anyone else to make a peep because of their sense of entitlement

You just hit on something that I have noticed here in the U.S. in recent years.  So many fans here who have season tickets, and it doesn't make a difference what sport, are sitting on their hands and sometimes getting upset at people around them standing up and blocking their view, getting too rowdy and ruining their ability to enjoy the game in peace, etc.  At a baseball game I attended last week there was a fan near me who did nothing but vocally criticize every play where he perceived the player didn't do something up to his standard, and the team won 6-0.  He was a real downer for those of us who were there to cheer our team on. 

What I see here is that the most passionate fans at games are usually the working stiffs who can't afford season tickets, but show up when they have the time off and the money for a ticket here and there.  The people who think their season seat entitles them to sit on their hands and not have their view obstructed by fans actually cheering, ought to stay home and give those seats up for fans who want to create an atmosphere the players draw energy from. 
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #1669: Jun 26, 2012 01:16:08 pm
      If there is a 'Huge Anfield Problem' during our first 3 games, there is something seriosuly wrong.

3 big wins and it could set the precedent for the whole seasons atmosphere.

Can't wait.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #1670: Oct 05, 2012 11:40:50 pm
      Not bumping this to say there is a problem, although there might well be, but just an observation.

I've been to a few games but yesterday was the first time at the back of the Kop(304) and while I'm watching the game now on TV there is a world of difference from the noise I thought we were creating, which was pretty loud up there, and what it actually seems like on TV.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #1671: Oct 06, 2012 11:41:56 am
      I could hear the Kop loudly from the Anny Road End. There were some local lads near us who were trying to get things going but it was only really me and my mate trying to help. Some people dont even sing YNWA :(
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1672: Oct 07, 2012 07:41:29 am
      I still can't believe the number of people in the Kop, who wear scarfs round their neck, but don't hold them up during YNWA! I think they've missed the point of being in the Kop.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1673: Oct 07, 2012 02:25:06 pm
      I've been to a few games but yesterday was the first time at the back of the Kop(304)

Its always the same, these days in most games the songs dont even reach the front of the Kop before fading out.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #1674: Oct 07, 2012 06:27:38 pm
      Atmosphere was F***ing dead today,if i was in the Kop i'd be ashamed
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1675: Oct 07, 2012 08:18:59 pm
      I could hear the Kop loudly from the Anny Road End. There were some local lads near us who were trying to get things going but it was only really me and my mate trying to help. Some people dont even sing YNWA :(
      I was in the lower anny and like you was singing but those around me never even tried, it was sad to be honest.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #1676: Oct 07, 2012 10:38:16 pm
      What block were you in bigears?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1677: Oct 07, 2012 10:52:00 pm
      Block 126 row 10 seat 162 mate. There were some young lads and girls trying to get the crowd singing but the songs were'nt really getting going . myself and a few more were giving it our best but you know yourself when the rest aren't up for it then the atmosphere slumps.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1678: Oct 07, 2012 10:58:23 pm

Quick Reply