Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

The huge Anfield problem

Read 312045 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #2070: Mar 25, 2015 09:49:28 am
      Im probably the worst LFC fan for not getting to games, actual never been to anfield, and Ive been a red since the age of 7 when I lived in nottingham, and King Kenny & all the other scots lads were ruling europe with that awesome team. 35 years ago. Ive been to games when they have been in scotland for friendlies, never miss a game on TV, even if I have to watch on the net I do. My brother & cousins have followed me into the way of the reds, as have my kids. altough we all support our local teams as well.

I will be down next season for sure with my mate and our kids, I can garuntee all that we will be signing loudly and proudly with all in anfield, I can't wait to feel the buzz. I just dont get the folk you guy's are talking about who are going and not joining in, as your man above said dont bother turning up if you are not gonna sing.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #2071: Mar 25, 2015 09:59:51 am
      the atmosphere on Sunday was embarrassing, Pele was asked a corny question at half time about what he thought of the famouse Anfield atmosphere & the United section really took the piss.
      Any others at the game sun? Was in lower Annie rd & I was shocked,
      Imagine how poor it's going to be when more day trippers are getting tickets when anfield is 59,000!

I was in the upper centenary for the united game. Never sat there before but was pleasantly surprised. Quite a lot of local accents all singing/shouting.

Agree though the atmosphere in general was dreadful. You wouldn't have believed we were playing at home to Man United. It was like a Wednesday night game in the middle of December at home to Burnley!

I think its rare for a football ground in England to have a big atmosphere nowadays though, not just Liverpool. I get to quite a few aways too and I've never been blown away by another teams atmosphere. Surprisingly Stoke and Palace have a decent go and Everton do too (when they play us) but overall the atmosphere in England is dead. The Emirates, The Etihad or whatever its called these days and Stamford Bridge are all really bad.

It probably is because we are 'big clubs' who attract your tourist with a camera. Standing sections should definitely be considered.

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2072: Mar 25, 2015 10:06:39 am
      I was in the upper centenary for the united game. Never sat there before but was pleasantly surprised. Quite a lot of local accents all singing/shouting.

Agree though the atmosphere in general was dreadful. You wouldn't have believed we were playing at home to Man United. It was like a Wednesday night game in the middle of December at home to Burnley!

I think its rare for a football ground in England to have a big atmosphere nowadays though, not just Liverpool. I get to quite a few aways too and I've never been blown away by another teams atmosphere. Surprisingly Stoke and Palace have a decent go and Everton do too (when they play us) but overall the atmosphere in England is dead. The Emirates, The Etihad or whatever its called these days and Stamford Bridge are all really bad.

It probably is because we are 'big clubs' who attract your tourist with a camera. Standing sections should definitely be considered.

Id love to be able to sample the it... tickets are just out of my reach!! Id love to be a day tripper, just once!!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2073: Mar 25, 2015 10:08:39 am
      Id love to be able to sample the it... tickets are just out of my reach!! Id love to be a day tripper, just once!!

Not really out of anyone's reach now lad

Just join the membership and get on line when the tickets are available

« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2015 11:05:48 am by Paisleydalglish »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #2074: Mar 25, 2015 10:54:56 am

To be honest JM I used to be quite bitter and have an immature approach towards Liverpool fans who aren't from or have any connections to the city. The ones who randomly picked Liverpool FC to support one day.

Its mostly because of occasions like the FA cup final a few seasons back, I couldn't get a ticket despite my best efforts and I'm somebody who lives in Liverpool and goes to the match quite regularly (probably 12/13 home games and 3/4 away games a season at the moment. Its usually more but I have other commitments at the moment etc) yet my facebook page or the forums I use was full of people who had somehow got hold of a ticket who don't regularly go the match, or aren't interested in football much or don't live anywhere near Liverpool! It really boils my blood at times and the local supporter who is genuine and loyal can miss out at times.

On Sunday when I was walking to the ground, I saw loads of people from different nationalities etc and it left me scratching my head thinking how have they got tickets for our biggest game of the season. And people in my position are sat at home fuming because they couldn't get one. I only got a ticket by default! My dads mate couldn't go so I got his!

I'm swaying off topic a little bit here so i'll go back to what I was going to say. As bitter as I used to be (and maybe still am at times), Anfield could do with fans like you. I have no idea where you're from or your connections to Liverpool, but I'm sure you have just as much passion RE Liverpool FC than anybody else. If you got a ticket in the Kop then Im certain you would sing your heart out, perhaps its a once in a life time opportunity for you - I've no idea.

So I don't think 'day trippers' are a problem providing they know Liverpool FC like yourself. I have no problem with a 'day tripper' if they genuinely support Liverpool.

But far too often I see tourists at the match who haven't got a clue about Liverpool really, or football for that matter. There is literally thousands of them.

If the tickets went on sale a week or two before the Match and you had to queue up at Anfield to buy one then this would eliminate a lot of them. If the ticket scheme did go back to this way then its my opinion the atmosphere would improve too.

The days of queuing up and going into the ground a couple of hours before kick off singing song after song building the atmosphere up are long gone though  :-\

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2075: Mar 25, 2015 11:14:27 am
      I'm swaying off topic a little bit here so i'll go back to what I was going to say. As bitter as I used to be (and maybe still am at times), Anfield could do with fans like you. I have no idea where you're from or your connections to Liverpool, but I'm sure you have just as much passion RE Liverpool FC than anybody else. If you got a ticket in the Kop then Im certain you would sing your heart out, perhaps its a once in a life time opportunity for you - I've no idea.

Good post mate so sorry to chop it up a bit but I agree with a lot of the points you make.

Regarding the bits in bold:

Anfield could do with fans like him, or me and you to that point, but unfortunately the club would like the once in a lifetime and once a season type supporters to come and go mad in the club shop as opposed to the more local supporters who know better than to do that.

As long as You'll Never Walk Alone is heard for our marketing purposes at the start of every game I'm afraid atmosphere is way down the list on the agenda of some people.

It'll get worse when there are more ways for the club to get money out of the supporters on match day when all of the work has been done.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2076: Mar 25, 2015 12:23:01 pm
      We should embrace and welcome fans from all over the world not just local ones as being as big of a club as we are we have to accept all fans. that's why on world tours we pull in massive crowds unlike Chelsea, Arsenal who still get big numbers but not the same as us and the Scum (utd. i'm a local lad born and raised in Canny Farm(stocky) but it dont make me more of a liverpool fan than say someone from down south. The issue i see is when your not winning things and flying hight the crowd get nervous/angry and even though we still sing its not as loud and brash as say last season when we nearly won it and the roads had us all there singing in the team with flares etc.

if we can put in that level of support week in week out or like we do on away days i'm sure we would win the league with the 12th man alone

YNWA glory days are just around the corner you watch.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2077: Mar 25, 2015 02:02:45 pm
      To be honest JM I used to be quite bitter and have an immature approach towards Liverpool fans who aren't from or have any connections to the city. The ones who randomly picked Liverpool FC to support one day.

Its mostly because of occasions like the FA cup final a few seasons back, I couldn't get a ticket despite my best efforts and I'm somebody who lives in Liverpool and goes to the match quite regularly (probably 12/13 home games and 3/4 away games a season at the moment. Its usually more but I have other commitments at the moment etc) yet my facebook page or the forums I use was full of people who had somehow got hold of a ticket who don't regularly go the match, or aren't interested in football much or don't live anywhere near Liverpool! It really boils my blood at times and the local supporter who is genuine and loyal can miss out at times.

On Sunday when I was walking to the ground, I saw loads of people from different nationalities etc and it left me scratching my head thinking how have they got tickets for our biggest game of the season. And people in my position are sat at home fuming because they couldn't get one. I only got a ticket by default! My dads mate couldn't go so I got his!

So I don't think 'day trippers' are a problem providing they know Liverpool FC like yourself. I have no problem with a 'day tripper' if they genuinely support Liverpool.

But far too often I see tourists at the match who haven't got a clue about Liverpool really, or football for that matter. There is literally thousands of them.

If the tickets went on sale a week or two before the Match and you had to queue up at Anfield to buy one then this would eliminate a lot of them. If the ticket scheme did go back to this way then its my opinion the atmosphere would improve too.

The days of queuing up and going into the ground a couple of hours before kick off singing song after song building the atmosphere up are long gone though  :-\

Thanks HtM. I'm in Essex now but born and bred around a stone throw away in the West Ham area of East London.

I don’t blame any scouser being bitter when they're born and bred in the area and can’t get a ticket... I would be the same!
      But It means great deal to me whenever I speak with a scouser when I get the positive feedback for my choice of team, because lets face facts here, Ive got a lot of choice down in London. We have13 professional teams and 5 of those in the top flight.

I’d love to go more often, and I often envy of my mates who go to Upton Park every week to watch the Hammers play…the way they take it for granted and slag the aggravation of it – I’d love to slag of the aggravation of going to Anfield…. but I made my choice in 1985. I chose my team and Ive never looked back!! I just did not foresee the logistics and financial implications of supporting a team when I was 7!

I’ve only been to Anfield a hand full of times... I once drove up there with a mate in 1995 I think for a league match on a Wednesday night, paid on the door and sat in the QPR end - we won 1-0 in case you were wondering!

But the first time was the best. My best pal and me went up in 1993, vs West Ham. We stood in the Kop. We started a small “Liverpool…Liverpool” chant just 2 of us and the it seemed the whole Kop joined in with a few minutes…I was 15 and to that point I’d never felt anything like it! I am 37 now and my mate is 39, we still talk about it now! It may not have been as poetic as that but thats how I remember it… I hope it was!

These days Im now the biggest armchair Red around. Theres a handful of us down here, meeting up and drinking in Liverpool pubs and each other’s houses. It’s not the Kop but it’s the closest I can get!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      Reply #2078: Mar 25, 2015 02:12:26 pm
      We should embrace and welcome fans from all over the world not just local ones as being as big of a club as we are we have to accept all fans. that's why on world tours we pull in massive crowds unlike Chelsea, Arsenal who still get big numbers but not the same as us and the Scum (utd. i'm a local lad born and raised in Canny Farm(stocky) but it dont make me more of a liverpool fan than say someone from down south. The issue i see is when your not winning things and flying hight the crowd get nervous/angry and even though we still sing its not as loud and brash as say last season when we nearly won it and the roads had us all there singing in the team with flares etc.

if we can put in that level of support week in week out or like we do on away days i'm sure we would win the league with the 12th man alone

YNWA glory days are just around the corner you watch.

We do embrace fans from all over the world and there are a lot of knowledgeable and good lads and ladies from all over the world who contribute to this very forum. We wouldn't be as big as we still are whilst not winning that much of late without the support of our worldwide fan base which the likes of the great sides of the 70's and 80's got us and then the European wins of the 00/01 and 04/05 seasons to boot. I just think the people who pay out on the season tickets had it a bit easier and maybe even got rewarded if not even a bit of loyalty and reward.

The club is now too hell bent on the financial aspects that they atmosphere is suffering as there are now too many day trippers that the club want travelling here on their hols with a fat wallet that they're not afraid to spend whilst being caught up in the nostalgia and glitz of it all.

And those halfy halfy scarves?

You can f**k off with those as well.

HALF AND HALF SCARVES: TWO-TEAM TRASH THAT BELONGS IN THE BIN

by Gareth Roberts // 24 March 2015 // 30 Comments

YOU can tell me there are more important issues in football in 2015; that in the grand scheme of things it matters little. You can say it’s harmless, insignificant, a mere side issue when held up alongside things that need tackling with urgency: like spiraling ticket prices for example.

You can tell me that the game has changed. That it’s not the 80s or the 90s. That football culture has moved on, that society is different. You can say all that. But if you say it to me wearing a scarf that is half Liverpool and half Manchester United you won’t be taken seriously for one single second. How can anyone be taken seriously offering opinions on football culture wearing that?

Despite the odd attempts to downplay the game in some parts of the national media last week, a game between Liverpool and Manchester United is one that always matters. One that supporters at either end of that crap motorway everyone likes to reference are desperate to win. It’s never ever a bald man fighting over a comb. It’s never ever meaningless. And it’s the last fixture on earth that should have a half and half scarf made for it. Nobody in the world can seriously support Liverpool AND Manchester United. How can you? It’s a long-standing deeply ingrained rivalry. You’re one or the other. So why choose to carry around a traditional item of support featuring both names and both badges? It’s just downright weird.

Ah, yes, you might say. But it’s just a souvenir. It’s like buying the programme or a pin badge. But it’s not. Not to me. I’m well aware it is just a piece of material but it’s what it represents. When I go to Anfield I want to be surrounded by a baying partisan ballsy crowd — a group of people that wants to urge on Liverpool no matter what, that will shake a fist, scream and shout, appeal, intimidate the referee and show the bas**rds at the other end of the ground how much we care.

If you’re stood at Anfield with that thing above your head with Manchester United lining up as the opposition, as people were, in a game that despite all the santisation and supposed changes of mindsets remains gloriously hate-filled, passionate and important, then you fundamentally don’t understand what football is about as far as I’m concerned.

Everyone has been banging on about Steven Gerrard’s sending off but there’s no real debate is there? The tackle he threw in was glorious. The stamp that followed was stupid. Why did he do it? Because he was like a coiled spring after watching Liverpool’s hated rivals boss a half at Anfield. He’s a fan as well as a player. A local lad. A man who got a clip from his dad for putting on a United shirt as a kid. He knows how much it means. Is it really too much to ask that people turning up at Anfield for arguably the biggest home game of the season recognise the same? Would Gerrard wear a half and half scarf? Exactly.

I realise here that I may be treading into “proper fan” territory, as detailed by Martin Fitzgerald yesterday. But so be it — no, there aren’t rules, but there is common sense, there is pride and there is an identity and tradition to uphold. The Scousers v Wools debate is not something I’m looking to get into — if you want that it’s on the same old forums in the same old places. The ground contains both. That’s been the case for a very long time  and it’s not going to change anytime soon.

I recognise the globalisation of football. I understand people come from all over the world to watch Liverpool. The club has helped to put the city on the map. As I’ve written before, I’m broadly sound with it — you can’t knock the commitment involved for those that truly love the club to follow the team from so far away. There are people who ‘get it’ from all over the world. And there are people who oh so blatantly don’t.

Slap bang among those that fundamentally don’t ‘get it’ are people with those scarves — a product that for grown adults wearing them basically announces them as a consumer of football, not a lover of it; not a supporter in the truest and most traditional sense of the word.

That Liverpool and United are rivals is everywhere. Surely the aggressive marketing that tempts in the experience hunters mentions that? Broadcasters never fail to bring it up. The papers do too. It’s omnipresent, in your face. So again — why would you want to wear something carrying the mark of the rival while standing in The Kop? It can only be that you’re a bucket lister. That you want to go to one of the biggest sporting occasions in the world and say you were there. Fine. But still — why would you want to stand out as someone who couldn’t be arsed to give even a cursory nod towards a long-standing, and at times extremely bitter, rivalry? Would you go to Barca-Real and buy a half and half? The Milan derby? Celtic-Rangers? Liverpool-Everton? Oh…

I’ve got no problem in saying that if a bucket lister with no real interest in Liverpool occupies match-day space at the expense of someone who wants to sing, shout and back the team they love, then that’s a damn shame. I accept it is the reality of the situation. Touts are cashing in on these people. The club is tempting them with ridiculously priced travel packages. Our own fans are flogging seats for games such as these to fleece the clueless and pay for their own tickets for other games. All feed the problem.

I have no solutions — I appreciate the difficulties. I don’t know how you change it, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t a frustrating phenomenon — particularly as so many who live and breathe the game are priced out and will soon be joined by many more as the prices’ continual upward trajectory marches forward on trend.

Thomas Cook — advertising its ‘Official Liverpool FC Match Breaks’ — says this: “The unmistakable sight of Anfield as you emerge through the rows of terraced houses is an amazing spectacle. Once you enter the football stadium you’re presented with a wall of red from the Kop end, which will surely immerse you into the culture and spirit of the prestigious football club.”

Well guess what? The culture and spirit of the prestigious football club has not involved half and half scarves. It’s involved red and white ones. Or scarves with the name Liverpool on. Scarves with the Liverbird on, not a f**king Red Devil. You’ve come to say you were at Liverpool? At Anfield? Get a Liverpool souvenir then. If you want something with that other name on, go there and get it.

The culture and spirit of the prestigious football club has not often featured group selfies being taken on The Kop when Liverpool have a corner on 80-odd minutes against Manchester United. That happened. Right behind me. The songs, the banners — the intense, ear popping, hair-raising support that we have been part of down the years? That wasn’t generated by bucket listers who talk all the way through the game and don’t even know the names of the players performing in front of them. That wasn’t generated by impassively consuming the event before heading off to the next attraction. Wall of red? Not if people keep buying half and halfs it won’t be.

Thomas Cook go on: “The Kop is the most renowned stand at Anfield amongst home and away supporters with the people who occupy the stand referred to as kopites. Traditionally, Liverpool’s most vocal supporters congregate in the stand.”

Traditionally, Liverpool’s most vocal supporters don’t wear half and half scarves. So why wouldn’t long-term fans get angry when they see the Godforsaken items dotted around what was once a well-respected terrace; the envy of clubs up and down the country?

If people want to come to Liverpool and take pictures and spend money — fine. But why can’t they show the culture of the thing they’re desperate to be a part of some respect? Why must we dance around and make excuses for people who are diluting the very thing they have been sold? We’ve always regarded Anfield as special. As different. Shrugging off the symbol of a game lost to money is another step towards the cinema experience — “Sssshhh, the game’s on, pass me my popcorn.”

The 12th man is actively marketed as a Liverpool selling point alongside the wider push for the Premier League as a entertainment product. The 12th man has never donned a half and half. Instead of putting cringe worthy tat under the noses of those descending on L4 why can’t we try to keep Anfield special and different? Why do we have to glibly accept everything on the grounds of it being ‘how it is’?

Football grounds, city centres — they’re all falling into the trap of homogenisation populated by clones. Same songs, same PA-booming pre-match build-up, same shops, same bullshit. Forget the culture, chase the pound. Why can’t we say — why can’t the club say — don’t come here and be neutral, come here and make it special. We want noise and passion. If the idea is to come here to support Liverpool, then do that. Learn a song. Buy a red and white Liverpool scarf. Don’t buy the Sun. Don’t take the piss out of Liverpool the city and Liverpool the people.

And don’t stand in the Liverpool end with a f**king Man United badge hanging around your neck.

Get these people engaged with the culture, don’t just take their money. The message is clear and simple enough: it’s not a game where you shouldn’t care, it’s a game you should be actively involved in.

Football has changed. And many things are shrugged off now as being ‘just part of the game’. But supporters can still influence supporter culture. Supporters can still make a difference.

You can be reductive about anything. It’s only a scarf. It’s only a blue Liverpool kit. It’s only a ridiculous monstrosity of a mascot. What it is, is change. And not change for the better. That’s why people get angry. It’s not a life choice — it’s caring about something you love and being heartbroken by the direction it’s going in.

Half and half scarves represent the dying of the very thing that attracted the money, the TV companies and the wordwide interest — the fan culture. Pride, passion, identity and the tribal joy of following Liverpool Football Club is not represented by an item on your person that bears your rival’s badge. Those that are consumed by everything Liverpool and have helped to make the atmosphere that is so revered — that have helped to make the banners, the flags and the songs — they know that; they wouldn’t be seen dead wearing a half and half scarf.

So what are these ‘grumpy old men’ getting angry at? That. That’s what they are getting angry at.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/03/half-and-half-scarves-two-team-trash-that-belongs-in-the-bin/
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      Reply #2079: Mar 25, 2015 02:19:13 pm
      Thanks HtM. I'm in Essex now but born and bred around a stone throw away in the West Ham area of East London.

Down that neck of the woods next Tuesday. Shoreditch.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2080: Mar 25, 2015 02:32:55 pm
      Down that neck of the woods next Tuesday. Shoreditch.

Having a glass or 2? get wedged up mate, its fooking expensive!!

Not like the spit and sawdust places around West Ham that I’m used too  ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2081: Mar 25, 2015 03:15:39 pm
      I just pulled out my old journal.  I only ever kept one for a year, but included an entry from my first game at Anfield, versus Swindon Town.  I stood in the Kop, I noted the locals were great, I noted that they didn't seemed fussed that Swindon Town fans were in their end, just a knowing nod and a be respectful of where you are vibe. I noted that YNWA was hair raising. The Kop swayed almost as one, the songs weren't constant and a lot of the time it was just shouts of encouragement, an ooh from a missed chance and the thing that surprised me the most, the applause that happened when any bit of good football occurred, even if it was the opposition, though groans and the odd curse word got uttered in annoyance.  I also noticed that, at times, it was quiet. Not in a bad way, just people watching the game.

What I walked away with that day was how friendly the city was, it was a poor result though. Some of that friendliness has gone now, not all by a long shot, the people I've met from on here have all been cracking.  I wish I got the names of the two gentleman to the right of me at my last game, both locals and, when pointing out the day trippers and the once in a life timers, with pride, also pointed out how many had song sheets and noted some had them done phonetically, so they could join in. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      Reply #2082: Mar 25, 2015 03:27:50 pm
      Having a glass or 2? get wedged up mate, its fooking expensive!!

Not like the spit and sawdust places around West Ham that I’m used too  ;D

I know mate I go once a month. Used to it now.

I make sure I've  got plenty if ÂŁ1 coins when I go to Browns
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #2083: Mar 25, 2015 03:30:35 pm
      I know mate I go once a month. Used to it now.

I make sure I've  got plenty if ÂŁ1 coins when I go to Browns

:lmao: :lmao: jack the rippers

been a few years since Ive been there...
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2084: Mar 25, 2015 04:34:39 pm
      yer we should get a petition going round the ground to ban them scalfs wool behaviour at the highest order buying one of them with say Chelsea, Utd or any other team for that matter on there to wave around our gaff.

LFC only promote our club not any other.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2085: Mar 25, 2015 04:51:27 pm
      The only half & half's that are acceptable are black & tan or a light & bitter, or the other versions that are around.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #2086: Mar 25, 2015 06:54:19 pm

I agree with the generally poor atmospheres at most English clubs but what really hurt me was that I went to Old Trafford this this season & I know they beat us 3-0 , it was a good atmosphere. Now we are talking of the most corporate stadium of all being louder that Anfield. I wanted to give it back after the stick in old Trafford but was so so gutted at how many fans who obviously didn't have the minimum 8 games to get a ticket where in anfield...still gutted
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #2087: Mar 25, 2015 07:22:23 pm
      Just read a few of the above posts and had a flashback to Sunday of some bellends actually sat in LFC parts of the ground with half Liverpool half Utd!!!!!!!WTF is all that about I'm surprised they weren't smacked......god above has it come to this being allowed???
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #2088: Mar 26, 2015 09:25:29 am
      My 7 year old lad wouldn't dream of wearing a half/half scarf as he knows and understands the passion of our fans, i am speechless when i see ADULTS wearing these hideous things around there necks and even holding them up in the air!!! Get a grip people.

WE ARE LIVERPOOL!!
       :kop5cf8koxp6:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #2089: Mar 26, 2015 10:12:21 am
      Would be interesting to know if anyone on here has bought one personally I fckin hate the god forsaken things  as has been said why the fck would you turn up with half a manc or plastic scarf waving about support your team not that bunch of c***s
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,678 posts | 6975 
      Reply #2090: Mar 26, 2015 10:27:56 am
      the atmosphere on Sunday was embarrassing, Pele was asked a corny question at half time about what he thought of the famouse Anfield atmosphere & the United section really took the piss.

To be fair Peter big face was asking for trouble with that question.  Not sure how he kept a straight face.  I was in the Main Stand and could hardly hear anything Pele said.

Atmosphere was spectacularly poor for a Man United game - I was about level with the outside of the Anny Road penalty area and I couldn't hear the Kop.  I did have a good red next to me on one side but on the other side of me was an overseas couple who filmed about half of the entire game on their gold iphones.

As usual there were a whole load of people who appeared to be making their first trip to the game, slightly surprising given the substantial credit requirements required for the game.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #2091: Mar 26, 2015 10:30:31 am
      yer we should get a petition going round the ground to ban them scalfs wool behaviour at the highest order buying one of them with say Chelsea, Utd or any other team for that matter on there to wave around our gaff.

LFC only promote our club not any other.

:lmao:

Would be interesting to know if anyone on here has bought one personally I fckin hate the god forsaken things  as has been said why the fck would you turn up with half a manc or plastic scarf waving about support your team not that bunch of c***s

I bought one for the 2001 league cup final v Birmingham. And then another for the FA cup final v Arsenal too.

I was only 12 or 13 and back then I collected anything LFC related like programmes, old shirts that I had signed by players, badges, ticket stubs etc. My bedroom was full of them. So I asked my dad to buy me them as a souvenir to go up on my wall basically.

Never wore them for a match, didn't even wear them at Cardiff already had my own scarf on, it was just a present/reminder for me really. They are in my loft now with the other boxes of sh*te I've collected over the years.

When my son is old enough to go the match and if we are lucky enough to go a cup final or an away game in Europe then Id buy him a halfy half scarf if he wanted one too, just to show off to his mates really and go up in his room.

But wearing them at the match and especially at Anfield is a big no no. Its horrible seeing halfy half scarves with a team that play in blue being held up in the Kop!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #2092: Mar 26, 2015 11:49:38 am
      Just read a few of the above posts and had a flashback to Sunday of some bellends actually sat in LFC parts of the ground with half Liverpool half Utd!!!!!!!WTF is all that about I'm surprised they weren't smacked......god above has it come to this being allowed???

It's an insult to a cock umbrella to call those F***ing morons bellends.
      On Church St they would get stick wearing a manc/LFC scarf I am amazed at the ignorance summoned to wear one at Anfield.

Quick Reply