Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

The huge Anfield problem

Read 311540 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #2415: Dec 13, 2016 05:30:53 pm
      Guess this probably goes here, I've never been to Anfield, still holding out hope that I'll get to see it before I'm planted one day...but this rant by Chris Pajak is right on the money in my humble opinion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-pBRkXx8Y&feature=youtu.be

And there endeth the lesson. Well said Chris, well posted FL Red!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #2416: Dec 26, 2016 08:58:31 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      The peaks have greater effect than a constant drone and white noise that is produced in Germany's stadiums. Granted it's impressive, but the noise in Germany doesn't reflect the ebb and flow of the game.

Emotionally vacant and sham worthy ideas to improve the atmosphere are just cheap gimmicks that are indicative of a failed understanding of the place and the supporters. Liverpool supporters don't need that.

The atmosphere in German stadiums is how it should be everywhere, and I'm sure the difference in England is a culture shock to the likes of Klopp who is used to a 90 minute concert of one song after another in Germany, regardless what the score is or whether the home team is winning or not.

Tomorrow we can maintain our long unbeaten home record, and build another brick in our title challenge, so there's a lot at stake and the atmosphere should be red hot. The reality is we might just get 9 minutes of atmosphere rather than the 90 there should be.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2417: Dec 28, 2016 11:33:05 pm
      I see Klopp has yet again pointed out the underwhelming atmosphere at Anfield.

He must be a troll and/or just not get what Liverpool Football Club is all about. 

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #2418: Dec 28, 2016 11:37:27 pm
      I see Klopp has yet again pointed out the underwhelming atmosphere at Anfield.

He must be a troll and/or just not get what Liverpool Football Club is all about. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make here Fed?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2419: Dec 29, 2016 12:26:38 am
      Not sure what point you're trying to make here Fed?

That the atmosphere at Anfield is awful.  And even the manager is fed up with it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #2420: Dec 29, 2016 12:35:15 am
      That the atmosphere at Anfield is awful.  And even the manager is fed up with it.

I think most on here agree so I'm confused by your second sentence.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #2421: Dec 29, 2016 12:50:29 am
      I think most on here agree so I'm confused by your second sentence.

Given that there is an 81 page thread on the very topic would surely be indicator enough that people agree.

However the atmosphere in general is vastly improved since Klopp came in imo. But it never going to be like the Dortmund game every week and it won't be like that at any Premier League ground ever because of how the tickets are sold.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2422: Dec 29, 2016 01:13:15 am
      Dortmund have two big advantages when it comes to creating an atmosphere, they allow people to drink and they have safe standing. Do other leagues' fans sing actual songs or do they just make loads of different noises?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2423: Dec 29, 2016 02:18:17 am
      Dortmund have two big advantages when it comes to creating an atmosphere, they allow people to drink and they have safe standing. Do other leagues' fans sing actual songs or do they just make loads of different noises?

They've also had more success than us in recent years. A large part of the problem for us could be an entire generation growing up without ever seeing us win the league, almost go in to administration and hire a succession of unpopular managers. With time, and the success Klopp will hopefully bring, the problem should right itself naturally.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #2424: Dec 29, 2016 03:06:13 pm
      They've also had more success than us in recent years. A large part of the problem for us could be an entire generation growing up without ever seeing us win the league, almost go in to administration and hire a succession of unpopular managers. With time, and the success Klopp will hopefully bring, the problem should right itself naturally.

That may be so and I think its improved a lot since Klopp came in and the new stand opened.  However, I'm in favour of safe standing (rail seats).  I'm aware that many people - with Hillsborough in mind - will disagree, and of course I understand that, but I think and hope we'll see it brought in in the Prem before too long.  That ought to help.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2425: Dec 29, 2016 03:17:02 pm
      That may be so and I think its improved a lot since Klopp came in and the new stand opened.  However, I'm in favour of safe standing (rail seats).  I'm aware that many people - with Hillsborough in mind - will disagree, and of course I understand that, but I think and hope we'll see it brought in in the Prem before too long.  That ought to help.

We all stand on the Kop as it is anyway for the big games, and it does make a difference to the atmosphere, fans seem to sing more when standing.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2426: Dec 30, 2016 11:36:29 am

I think that's just an excuse. Being seated should have no effect on one's ability and willingness to sing songs, and otherwise create a positive atmosphere. If someone is unwilling to get involved seated they're unlikely to get involved if they have to stand. In short, the problem lies with the people, not the facilities. A change in mentality is what's needed and, as you say, it is changing under Klopp, partly because his enthusiasm rubs off on people, partly because we're all excited with hwat we're seeing happening at the club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2427: Jan 21, 2017 12:48:58 pm
      Something really needs to be done about this. We've a team in the title hunt and still the majority sit in silence only reacting to goals or corners instead of being proactive.

Even klopo is asking for more
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2428: Jan 21, 2017 01:18:33 pm
      F***ing library.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #2429: Jan 21, 2017 01:26:23 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #2430: Jan 21, 2017 06:04:37 pm
      Think we need to forget about greeting coaches for Cup games and start worrying about taking our hands from  under our asses and making some noise inside Anfield.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2431: Jan 21, 2017 06:34:35 pm
      Think we need to forget about greeting coaches for Cup games and start worrying about taking our hands from  under our asses and making some noise inside Anfield.

How the f**k would you know? Sitting across the pond having never been to the place?

F***ing love all these pricks slagging the place off watching on Internet steams and tv all over the world

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #2432: Jan 21, 2017 08:16:57 pm
      How the f**k would you know? Sitting across the pond having never been to the place?

F***ing love all these pricks slagging the place off watching on Internet steams and tv all over the world

It's not hard to tell a difference watching it on TV, sorry if you are taking it personal bud but it sounded like a morgue for most of the game today and Ive watched plenty of games where we played at home and you could tell how great the atmosphere was. I could hear the players yelling today on the broadcast which is a freaking disgrace.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2433: Jan 21, 2017 08:25:24 pm
      It's not hard to tell a difference watching it on TV, sorry if you are taking it personal bud but it sounded like a morgue for most of the game today and Ive watched plenty of games where we played at home and you could tell how great the atmosphere was. I could hear the players yelling today on the broadcast which is a freaking disgrace.

Get off your arse then, get there and make a difference

F**k all this, it a sh*te atmosphere from people who never go

All well f**king going off saying, oh that wasn't as good as the the other week or '05 per St etienne when you've never been to ever try to add to it

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #2434: Jan 21, 2017 08:32:13 pm
      Get off your arse then, get there and make a difference

F**k all this, it a sh*te atmosphere from people who never go

All well f**king going off saying, oh that wasn't as good as the the other week or '05 per St etienne when you've never been to ever try to add to it

Ok, I'll just shell out a couple grand to come fly there for a game, it's just a drop in the bucket anyway right? Get over bud, you know damn well I can't just pop over for a game, what kind of a silly comment is that to make? I'll tell you what though, if I am ever lucky enough to get to go I will damn sure make my presence felt and not take for granted the opportunity.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2435: Jan 21, 2017 08:36:36 pm
      Ok, I'll just shell out a couple grand to come fly there for a game, it's just a drop in the bucket anyway right? Get over bud, you know damn well I can't just pop over for a game, what kind of a silly comment is that to make? I'll tell you what though, if I am ever lucky enough to get to go I will damn sure make my presence felt and not take for granted the opportunity.

It's not a case of taking it for granted

But all these pricks who never ever ever go, when they could moaning about the atmosphere...

F***ing go then

And if it just money for you, don't f**king moan, if you really wanted to you could, simple as that, you moaning about people taking it for granted is just as bad as you saying, well I'd go but it's hard work like and cost me money

Tell you what, you want a ticket, I'll get you one...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #2436: Jan 21, 2017 08:43:09 pm
      It's not a case of taking it for granted

But all these pricks who never ever ever go, when they could moaning about the atmosphere...

F***ing go then

And if it just money for you, don't f**king moan, if you really wanted to you could, simple as that, you moaning about people taking it for granted is just as bad as you saying, well I'd go but it's hard work like and cost me money

Tell you what, you want a ticket, I'll get you one...
      Tell you what, I'll quit my job, tell my wife and kids goodbye and I'll cash in what I can sell and be over next week, grab me an extra ticket if you would. I mean it's just money (and time and work responsibilities).

Good grief...to say someone can't make an observation (and a valid one) because they haven't been or can't go? That's just absurd. I'll forgive you assuming you are still pissed about the result and looking for a fight but I've got no use to discuss this any further, it's apparent for anyone with eyes and ears that the atmosphere today was horrible for most of the game. If you don't like me saying it, why don't YOU do something about it since you are lucky enough to be able to go.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2437: Jan 21, 2017 08:50:53 pm
      Tell you what, I'll quit my job, tell my wife and kids goodbye and I'll cash in what I can sell and be over next week, grab me an extra ticket if you would. I mean it's just money (and time and work responsibilities).

Good grief...to say someone can't make an observation (and a valid one) because they haven't been or can't go? That's just absurd. I'll forgive you assuming you are still pissed about the result and looking for a fight but I've got no use to discuss this any further, it's apparent for anyone with eyes and ears that the atmosphere today was horrible for most of the game. If you don't like me saying it, why don't YOU do something about it since you are lucky enough to be able to go.

No that's bollocks mate

You sit there bitching and whining.. It's not the first time, and there's others in here who don't live across the pond who moan and whine too...

Everyone can go.. It's as easy, even if you don't think so, for you to do something about as to constantly bi*ch about it

Get off your arses and do something rather that shitty comments on forums

Like I say I'll get you a ticket

Quick Reply