Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Wenger and Arsenal

Read 2033 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Wenger and Arsenal
      Nov 05, 2008 06:41:13 pm
      Wenger is a bi*ch. I see hes complaining about Stoke now and there physicallity ::) Heres an idea Arsene sign lads who can mix it and you might have a chance. As good as they can be to watch they are way to nice to ever be the top team. They try fancy football all the time as seen against spurs instead of seeing out time they try a killer pass lose the ball and conceed an equaliser!

As for Wenger does he ever stop complaining about sides who beat them? How about tell your own lads to shape up before having a go at other teams
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: Wenger and Arsenal
      Reply #1: Nov 05, 2008 07:02:07 pm
      They dont like it up em ha ha,get in to them f**k them up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #2: Nov 05, 2008 07:30:46 pm
      Anyone see Tony Pulis's reply, very funny. Using the quote made famous by Abraham Lincoln
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Nov 05, 2008 08:02:44 pm
      Wenger is losing it badly as of late. His comments in the press seem to be very erratic and off point. The Stoke one seems to be very pointless before a Champions League match. Surely he can take a defeat on the chin and move on like most good managers do?

The best one recently has to be over the North London derby, saying his squad was lacking maturity in losing such an emphatic lead. Brian Reade, being the excellent writer that he is, made a fantastic point a couple of days later, saying that Wenger's still using his 'young squad' excuse, regardless of the fact he had ONE teenager on the pitch and the average age of the team was 27 odd. And the average of the defence alone was higher than that too.

You'll never win a thing with kids, but you'll never win anything at all when you can't recognise your squad's age goes up roughly once a year. :D
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 05, 2008 08:10:42 pm
      Wenger is losing it badly as of late. His comments in the press seem to be very erratic and off point. The Stoke one seems to be very pointless before a Champions League match. Surely he can take a defeat on the chin and move on like most good managers do?

The best one recently has to be over the North London derby, saying his squad was lacking maturity in losing such an emphatic lead. Brian Reade, being the excellent writer that he is, made a fantastic point a couple of days later, saying that Wenger's still using his 'young squad' excuse, regardless of the fact he had ONE teenager on the pitch and the average age of the team was 27 odd. And the average of the defence alone was higher than that too.

You'll never win a thing with kids, but you'll never win anything at all when you can't recognise your squad's age goes up roughly once a year. :D

Yes,i agree Wenger has been using the "Youth" excuse for far too long now! Loved the retort by Stoke`s manager Tony Pulis puts Wenger firmly in his place.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #5: Nov 06, 2008 05:57:40 am
      Wenger has always used the two same excuses when Arsenal lose or draw a match. He will either blame it on the other team being too "violent" with his players or that his squad is "inexperienced". I remember after the Arsenal loss to us in the Champions League last season where one of the guys were saying "Well a team with kids will build on this for the future" and the other guy pointed out the fact there players are not kids and the average age was in the mid 20's. I mean I don't know why people think Sanga is young, he is the same age as Arboloa and Clichy is going to be a 20 year old forever it seems. The only real young part of their side is their mid-field but their keeper, back-line and striker's are not all the young u-21 players you would think. I always feel it is the tag the media puts on them that they are the "young" gunners just like when Rafa rests a player he "rotates".

I always feel Arsenal are similar to use that they are a few players short of becoming a title winning side. Liverpool have the great spine of a team but lack in wide area's and Arsenal have great wide players in full-back and winger position but don't have the spine. They need center back who is strong in the air, holding mid-fielder (they had one in Flamini but were too cheap to pay him) and clinical striker from having a great side.

I just hope they can do use a favor by getting a draw at home vs Manure  :f_tongueincheek:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #6: Nov 06, 2008 07:09:58 pm
      That statement from Tony Pulis  :o

From Times Online November 5, 2008

Most Managers up and down the country are very protective of their Football Clubs and that protection is usually at its height in "after game interviews", where we defend our team's performances and our players' mistakes in every way possible - from blaming referees not seeing players' indiscretions and so on. We have every angle covered.

In Stoke-on-Trent on Saturday evening Mr Wenger talked openly about Arsenal's encounter with Stoke, as being a "typical English encounter". He commended my team's organisation, my team's commitment and confessed that on the day Stoke City thoroughly deserved to win the game. Very open and very honest.

Over the weekend Arsenal have been criticised by the media over their commitment to not only our game, but also previous games they have been involved in.

In London 48 hours later and 150 miles away from Stoke-on-Trent, Mr Wenger changed tact and has tried to rewrite history. His comments about my team are there for everybody to read and certainly made me smile, along with I'm sure 27,000 supporters at the game, millions of TV viewers and the massed press who interviewed him after the game. Remember there was only one red card on Saturday and the last time I watched the game it certainly was not a Stoke City player who received it.

As for Rory Delap's challenges on Theo Walcott and Bacary Sanga - Rory is as honest and committed as they come, they were free kicks, but Rory would never purposely go out to injure a fellow professional - it's just not in Rory's nature. Don't forget not so long ago Rory was sitting in a hospital bed with a double fracture. Further as I recall the game Emmanuel Adebayor was booked for a chest-high challenge on Ryan Shawcross.

I and my Football Club have tremendous respect for Mr Wenger and Arsenal Football Club, but as Mr Wenger is such a learned professional and on a great day in American electoral history, I would like to remind him of Abraham Lincoln's great quotation, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Tony Pulis
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Nov 06, 2008 09:15:58 pm
      That statement from Tony Pulis  :o

From Times Online November 5, 2008

Most Managers up and down the country are very protective of their Football Clubs and that protection is usually at its height in "after game interviews", where we defend our team's performances and our players' mistakes in every way possible - from blaming referees not seeing players' indiscretions and so on. We have every angle covered.

In Stoke-on-Trent on Saturday evening Mr Wenger talked openly about Arsenal's encounter with Stoke, as being a "typical English encounter". He commended my team's organisation, my team's commitment and confessed that on the day Stoke City thoroughly deserved to win the game. Very open and very honest.

Over the weekend Arsenal have been criticised by the media over their commitment to not only our game, but also previous games they have been involved in.

In London 48 hours later and 150 miles away from Stoke-on-Trent, Mr Wenger changed tact and has tried to rewrite history. His comments about my team are there for everybody to read and certainly made me smile, along with I'm sure 27,000 supporters at the game, millions of TV viewers and the massed press who interviewed him after the game. Remember there was only one red card on Saturday and the last time I watched the game it certainly was not a Stoke City player who received it.

As for Rory Delap's challenges on Theo Walcott and Bacary Sanga - Rory is as honest and committed as they come, they were free kicks, but Rory would never purposely go out to injure a fellow professional - it's just not in Rory's nature. Don't forget not so long ago Rory was sitting in a hospital bed with a double fracture. Further as I recall the game Emmanuel Adebayor was booked for a chest-high challenge on Ryan Shawcross.

I and my Football Club have tremendous respect for Mr Wenger and Arsenal Football Club, but as Mr Wenger is such a learned professional and on a great day in American electoral history, I would like to remind him of Abraham Lincoln's great quotation, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Tony Pulis

F*cking good on him. Made some excellent points.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #8: Nov 06, 2008 09:18:44 pm
      Wenger is a just a moanin c**t who never accepts defeat. The quicker he pisses off the better for English football.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 07, 2008 11:21:07 am
      Let him stay the team's in free fall, top quote that we should get a banner done for when we play the gooner's  next with that on ,love to see his face!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Nov 07, 2008 11:35:50 am
      Remember this?
      Wenger is a little girls blouse.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Nov 10, 2008 10:06:36 am
      He's going to have a problem when we come to town isnt he ;) ;D.

Mascherano straight through Fabregas

1 bang 2 bang 3 bang .. 4 - fabregas gets subtituted ;) :) haha
      ian92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #12: Nov 11, 2008 12:13:02 pm
      Wenger has always used the two same excuses when Arsenal lose or draw a match. He will either blame it on the other team being too "violent" with his players or that his squad is "inexperienced".

I think when they lost to Boro last season at the riverside they stopped his players 'illegally'. I don't know whether that falls into the same category as violence or not though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #13: Nov 11, 2008 04:45:17 pm
      if wenger had his way the opposition playing against them would have to stand still for 90 mins,while his players pass and move and score around them.

its like saying to a boxer dont move in the ring and dont  punch to hard :D

Quick Reply