Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Luis Garcia - Interview

Read 3531 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Luis Garcia - Interview
      Oct 21, 2008 11:08:11 am
      I loved this guy when he was at the club and can't wait to see him play and also back at anfield in 2 weeks.

check this interview out :)

"Luis Garcia has spoken of his pleasure at watching the Rafalution take shape from afar - and claims Liverpool are now realistic challengers for the Barclays Premier League title. 
      The Spanish playmaker could line up against his former club for Atletico in the Vicente Calderon on Wednesday night.

Having watched the Reds dispatch the likes of Man Utd, Everton and Marseille in impressive fashion, Garcia knows he and his current teammates are in for a tough ride. "

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N161768081021-0929.htm

Quote from: Luis Garcia interview
      Luis Garcia has spoken of his pleasure at watching the Rafalution take shape from afar - and claims Liverpool are now realistic challengers for the Barclays Premier League title. 
      The Spanish playmaker could line up against his former club for Atletico in the Vicente Calderon on Wednesday night.

Having watched the Reds dispatch the likes of Man Utd, Everton and Marseille in impressive fashion, Garcia knows he and his current teammates are in for a tough ride.

Whatever the result in Madrid, the 30-year-old expects Liverpool to be fighting for top honours both home and abroad this season.

"The team and the squad is getting stronger each year, and I am sure that Rafa Benitez deep down believes he can take the team closer to the league this season even though he may never show it publicly," Garcia told LFC Magazine.

"I have watched and you can see the team growing. If they continue in this way they could win the league.

"When I first joined, Chelsea were far better than us, but the gap is closing and Liverpool can now win the league."

Garcia scored 10 Champions League goals for Liverpool, the most famous of which came at Anfield against Juventus and Chelsea en route to Istanbul in 2005.

Atletico will be hoping the winger can re-discover his goalscoring touch on Wednesday, but the man himself admits it would feel strange to net against the Reds.

He said: "I am always happy to score goals and I am an Atletico player now. In my heart I would feel strange, and I would say sorry because I wouldn't feel any joy scoring against Liverpool."

On how he reflects on his Anfield career, Garcia added: "It makes me happy that Liverpool fans look back and appreciate what I gave to the team.

"There were times last year when I wished I was back there. When I watched Liverpool games and thought I could add something to the team, I became frustrated."

Garcia is not an automatic choice for Atletico boss Javier Aguirre, though after impressing against PSV earlier in Group D he's hopeful of playing a part against Gerrard and co.

"I have played in a few positions so far this season, mainly on the right but the boss knows I can also play as a striker," he said.

"There have been games that I have switched to that role and confused the opposition. It worked against PSV and I set up a goal.

"Whether we try that against Liverpool is different because Rafa understands my game and will know what to try if I do that."

He added: "When I first arrived things were not working out the way I expected when I decided to leave Liverpool.

"I was thinking all the time that I had made the wrong decision to come back to Spain. But this season things have been more positive, I feel a lot better about my game."

Wednesday's match is followed in two weeks' time by the return at Anfield, an occasion which Garcia claims will be one of the most emotional nights of his football life.

He said: "The game in Liverpool will be very special for me. In terms of sentimentality, the biggest of my career.

"I was not able to say goodbye properly when I left because I was injured at the end of the season, it was the worst way possible to finish my career there.

"I was so happy there and am desperate to play one more game at Anfield."

« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2008 01:25:28 pm by Court LFC »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Luis Garcia - Interview
      Reply #1: Oct 21, 2008 11:27:45 am
      He's a class act isn't he?

No-one can deny the progress we've made. I hope he gets a run out for them. Would be fantastic for him and our travelling fans.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Oct 21, 2008 11:31:30 am
      I liked how he said he wouldnt enjoy scoring against us. Pretty loyal IMO.

He is definately a class act, just like Riise :)

Hope he starts against us at Anfield to, he deserves a good send off infront of our crowd even though he has obviously moved.
      mancslayer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      • Mancs = Devil Worshipers
      Reply #3: Oct 21, 2008 01:27:11 pm
      loved garcia even now i still get the shirt with 10 garcia on the back total legend and always so respectful to his fans and family
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Oct 21, 2008 01:30:56 pm
      loved garcia even now I still get the shirt with 10 garcia on the back total legend and always so respectful to his fans and family

I was thinking about doing the same at the start of this season.

Top player and a top bloke.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #5: Oct 21, 2008 02:11:27 pm
      Top player, top man, remember the open letter he sent to all of us, he's some guy little Louis
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #6: Oct 21, 2008 02:46:56 pm
      No doubt if he scores it will be thumb-sucking time. 

Read a similar interview from Torres saying that he wouldn't celebrate a goal if he scored against them.

Fair dues in my opinion.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Oct 21, 2008 02:50:23 pm
      No doubt if he scores it will be thumb-sucking time. 

Read a similar interview from Torres saying that he wouldn't celebrate a goal if he scored against them.

Fair dues in my opinion.

Wouldn't blame either of them.

Shows both their class, both top fella's.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #8: Oct 21, 2008 03:13:52 pm
      To be honest if we were to concede a goal at Anfield against AM (obviously after we have scored 2 or 3) i would prefer Luis to score that goal
       always liked the guy ,he always gave his 100% to Liverpool
        As mentioned above ,remembering his open letter to the club and especially the fans  as soon as he left ,,was pure class of a gentleman
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Oct 21, 2008 03:18:01 pm
      To be honest if we were to concede a goal at Anfield against AM (obviously after we have scored 2 or 3) I would prefer Luis to score that goal
       always liked the guy ,he always gave his 100% to Liverpool
        As mentioned above ,remembering his open letter to the club and especially the fans  as soon as he left ,,was pure class of a gentleman

If we carry on our run of form mate, we're going to concede the goal before we score 2 or 3! ;)
      mancslayer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      • Mancs = Devil Worshipers
      Reply #10: Oct 21, 2008 03:31:11 pm
      If we carry on our run of form mate, we're going to concede the goal before we score 2 or 3! ;)
      ;D
      Too true but at least we will win
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | -4 
      Reply #11: Oct 21, 2008 03:32:27 pm
      IMO Luis was as instrumental as anyone in our 2005 CL success, therefore he has to go down as a Liverpool legend. The only issue I had with Luis was that we never saw his technical brilliance consistently. The magical goal against Juve (IF that was Rooney or Ronaldo we would never hear the end of it) The Definite over the line semi final goal  :f_tongueincheek:. The FA cup semi final goal against Chelski! Luis we loved you and I would not begrudge you a Kop end goal in a fortnight. (As long as were 4 up  :laugh:. I wish him every success. Cheers Luis.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #12: Oct 21, 2008 05:44:41 pm
      garcia is sooo classy! i wish I could be there for his return.  I also wish he was only 25 and was coming back to liverpool next season.  between this and his letter he wrote, he is a perfect example of the love that players should have in football, love for teamates, club fans and the game....he is in love with the game and more players need to take a page out of luis garcia book imo.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #13: Oct 21, 2008 06:42:04 pm
      I'd have Lil Luis back in a flash.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #14: Oct 21, 2008 07:01:30 pm
      Would we need to start a new thread to discuss the "would you have luis back topic"  (not that it would ever happen)  but it is great to fantasize, maybe we could just borrow him for the chelsea game - 1 week loan - he could do the garcia special and make terry and chec look like fools again!!!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #15: Oct 22, 2008 03:27:54 am
      Please don't take our Luis away :'(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #16: Oct 22, 2008 03:34:09 am
      Yeah but he did come from Barca to bring us joy!  8)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Oct 22, 2008 03:39:59 am
      Still got his name and number on the back of my old shirt. What a character and legend. I just hope plays, he hasn't been able to flourish yet at AM so hopefully they give him this game to prove something and geta proper goodbye from us which he deserves!

One of my all time favourite players and in only a short time watching him. He did get frustrating but it made the special moments sweeter and there were alot.

YNWA Lil Luis.
      musu
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -1 
      Reply #18: Oct 22, 2008 03:46:31 am
      I'm so glad he coming back and i wouldn't begrudge him a goal provided it's no too early in the game
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #19: Oct 23, 2008 10:16:11 pm
      He dived around the place and generally looked like a prat last night.
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #20: Oct 25, 2008 12:36:57 am
      legend for his contribution to champs lge
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Nov 10, 2008 11:13:08 am
      What a reception he was given at Anfield during the Atletico match.

True Legend :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22: Nov 10, 2008 11:25:47 am
      I only heard the song as the match finished and they were shaking hands at the end of the game...I was singing away in my lounge room.  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply