Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Lawrenson suggests Keane is off

Read 7825 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Re: Lawrenson suggests Keane is off
      Reply #46: Dec 19, 2008 10:23:17 am
      Lawro is a pr**k.

He's predicted a 1-1 on Sunday!!!!!!!!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #47: Dec 19, 2008 11:41:10 am
      I hope Keane does leave. Waste of time and money.

Well he's got a point at this moment in time, Keane has been a waste of money. Based on his Liverpool career so far, he has and theres no denying that
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #48: Dec 22, 2008 03:27:06 pm
      Robbie Keane has aimed a veiled riposte in the direction of Mark Lawrenson, calling for people ‘outside the football club’ to stop making up stories about him.

Keane grabbed the most important goal of his Liverpool career against Arsenal on Sunday, and he declared afterwards that he intends to do more of the same for The Reds until the end of the season.

The £20.3 million forward wants to be judged at the end of the campaign, and he also wants stories about his future to disappear.

Lawrenson claimed Steven Gerrard had told him Keane might leave Anfield in January, something the former defender later retracted, but clearly Keane was disappointed by the comment.

“The only thing that I sometimes get frustrated by is when people outside the football club are talking about things to do with me because they are trying to create something that's not there,” the Liverpool number seven told the club’s official website.

"I've already said that I know I will score goals for this club and I would prefer to be judged at the end of this season, not in December."
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #49: Dec 22, 2008 03:37:10 pm
      the goal he scored yesterday will not be a one off , give the lad a full season and I'm sure he will show just what i thought when we signed him at the start of the season he will get goals .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3963 
      Reply #50: Dec 22, 2008 09:29:37 pm
      the goal he scored yesterday will not be a one off , give the lad a full season and I'm sure he will show just what I thought when we signed him at the start of the season he will get goals .
      that was the sweetest volley I've seen in a long time,the lads gonna come good big time!!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #51: Dec 22, 2008 10:42:51 pm
      Robbie Keane has aimed a veiled riposte in the direction of Mark Lawrenson, calling for people ‘outside the football club’ to stop making up stories about him.

Keane grabbed the most important goal of his Liverpool career against Arsenal on Sunday, and he declared afterwards that he intends to do more of the same for The Reds until the end of the season.

The £20.3 million forward wants to be judged at the end of the campaign, and he also wants stories about his future to disappear.

Lawrenson claimed Steven Gerrard had told him Keane might leave Anfield in January, something the former defender later retracted, but clearly Keane was disappointed by the comment.

“The only thing that I sometimes get frustrated by is when people outside the football club are talking about things to do with me because they are trying to create something that's not there,” the Liverpool number seven told the club’s official website.

"I've already said that I know I will score goals for this club and I would prefer to be judged at the end of this season, not in December."

Robbie was spot on there .. He surely  responded to Lauro in style in play and with words
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #52: Feb 03, 2009 12:43:21 am
      Well in Lawro.

Nearly two months ago then this was on the cards.

Clearly something massive has gone on behind the scenes.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #53: Feb 03, 2009 01:23:44 am

February it was.  ;)

If something massive has gone on behind the scenes, then it's done and dusted now. And hopefully that's the last of things like this.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Feb 03, 2009 05:16:24 am
      Honestly i think it was a stab in the dark. Keane, not playing, big money signing. What else could it mean in the media's eyes?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #55: Feb 03, 2009 08:32:45 am
      feck me lawro was right after all. Well there yi go.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #56: Feb 03, 2009 09:26:25 am
      JD's right, something really sour went on behind the scenes.

Sami, release an autobiography lad!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #57: Feb 03, 2009 09:37:03 am
      Well in Lawro.

Nearly two months ago then this was on the cards.

Clearly something massive has gone on behind the scenes.
      Yesterday I herd from a source, well a friend at work actually, but source sounded better, that Keane had done an Impression of Rafa, or said something in training, and Rafa saw/heard it and was not impressed.
      May be true may not, conspirery theories start now.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #58: Feb 03, 2009 09:40:16 am
      Conspiracy theories have been rife ever since he pulled out of completing on a house in the north west.

Makes you think, i hope he has said somethin to Rafa because then the boss gets a kind of "dont f*ck with me" vibe which is good.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,418 posts | 8646 
      Reply #59: Feb 04, 2009 12:14:54 am
      Do you reckon Lawro and Gerrard are still on speaking terms after Lawro disclosed to the whole world their private conversation about Keane?

Don't forget these little classics from Lawro too:

The headline on his column with the unforgivable words "YES SIR ALEX, I WILL NOW ADMIT YOU ARE BETTER THAN MY OLD BOSS BOB PAISLEY"

or during commentary against Arsenal after the Truth Day protest: "Now let's get back to the football " after the 6 mins were up.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #60: Feb 04, 2009 12:54:00 am
      Do you reckon Lawro and Gerrard are still on speaking terms after Lawro disclosed to the whole world their private conversation about Keane?

Don't forget these little classics from Lawro too:

or during commentary against Arsenal after the Truth Day protest: "Now let's get back to the football " after the 6 mins were up.

That was disgraceful that.............I remember being very shocked when he said that, and disgusted as well.

He doesn't give a sh*t though does he...............playing for Liverpool obviously didn't mean anything to him  :f_steam:
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #61: Feb 04, 2009 07:53:29 am
      That was disgraceful that.............I remember being very shocked when he said that, and disgusted as well.

He doesn't give a sh*t though does he...............playing for Liverpool obviously didn't mean anything to him  :f_steam:

Nope playing for Liverpool meant nothing to him as he obviously thought he was the lynchpin in all those title wins. Personnally I can only ever remember him having one really great game for us when he went to ground and got that tackle in to flick the ball away from the striker. I think he has just been blindfolded by the BBCs obvious media bias toward Manchest... Mancheste.... the SCUM. And its quite obvious from his presence on screen he is an arrogant man who thinks he is better than all an sundry around him
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #62: Feb 04, 2009 08:44:36 am
      Conspiracy theories have been rife ever since he pulled out of completing on a house in the north west.

Makes you think, I hope he has said somethin to Rafa because then the boss gets a kind of "dont f*ck with me" vibe which is good.

I can sympathise with both Keane and Liverpool FC in these circumstances, although the bottom line is that Keane weren't doing the business.  A couple of my friends claim that Keane scored two goals in one game, and then never played in the next game. Off the top of my head, i know Keane scored two against West Brom at Anfield, but i'm pretty sure that the game after that was in the Carling Cup, and then Keane started the following two Premiership games which obviously takes preference to the Carling Cup.

Before Keane signed for Liverpool i'm sure that he was well aware of rafa's tendency to rotate and you would expect a 'top class' professional to adapt, but Keane was struggling to adapt at Liverpool and when a proven Premiership player who cost the club £20.3 million can't acclimatise after something like 20 starts then the signs aren't great.  There are arguments in favour of Keane with regards to him being in and out of the team, and being substituted almost every time he played, but on the whole i'd say those substitutions were in the best interests of the team because, like or not, Keane wasn't doing the business in the majority of the games that he started, and his sale represented good business in my opinion, but there is an obvious risk attached because we only have Ryan Babel, David Ngog and Dirk Kuyt as the obvious cover now!  Due to that, the majority of us would have liked to keep Keane, and let's face it, not one of us gives a flying f*ck about sell on value, but unfortunately this is the nature of the game at the moment, especially at Liverpool Football Club.

The obvious pairing for Rafa is Gerrard and Torres, and who could argue with that?  Rafa can't afford to rest either of them now and hopefully neither of them will get injured.

jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #63: Feb 04, 2009 08:56:30 am
      End of the day, Keane is 28 and no spring chicken. He had great opportunities to score goals but fluffed them, sometimes rather embarrassingly. Considering we payed a large sum of money for someone who was not getting the goals we needed, perhaps he just was not the player he was at the spuds.

Anyway i'm over it, nothing lost, nothing gained imo. Babel can more than fill his shoes, younger, faster, more scary up front.  The keane topics should be gone now, no point dwelling on it, i'm not.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #64: Feb 04, 2009 09:07:48 am
      End of the day, Keane is 28 and no spring chicken. He had great opportunities to score goals but fluffed them, sometimes rather embarrassingly. Considering we payed a large sum of money for someone who was not getting the goals we needed, perhaps he just was not the player he was at the spuds.

Anyway I'm over it, nothing lost, nothing gained imo. Babel can more than fill his shoes, younger, faster, more scary up front.  The keane topics should be gone now, no point dwelling on it, I'm not.

yeah well said mate.actually it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for us.now if rafa decides to rest torres(just dont want him to get injured anymore now) he would have to play babel upfront because he has learnt by now that kuyt upfront on his own wont result in goals.babel can then fulfill his promise & stop putting in some performances we know he is capable of rather than just ranting about them

Quick Reply