Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The Big Four Table

Read 4784 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: The Big Four Table
      Reply #23: Nov 11, 2008 11:39:10 am
      Btw it is actually me now :)

I can actually see us being arsenal both at home and away,

But   ???  ............I don't want us to be Arsenal............I want us to be Liverpool  :laugh:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #24: Nov 11, 2008 11:47:21 am
      ;D i say that and i didn't understand. i guess he meant 'I can actually see us beating Arsenal both at home and away'.

The difficult part about playing Arsenal? When they break, they have lots of speed in them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Nov 11, 2008 11:58:32 am
      The difficult part about playing Arsenal? When they break, they have lots of speed in them.

Thats where Masch and Xabi come in, especially Masch. If he has a blinder, it'll be a walk in the park for us.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #26: Nov 12, 2008 12:56:56 am
      This may sound dirty but I mean it in the least dirtiest way possible, against Arsenal with their speed especially with Walcott and just their pace over all, we need our midfield to know when to make a foul, or to take a tackle not to knock someone down, not to cheaply take a player out, and definitely not to injure anyone but to stop a run. An example is the the tackle that was made on Walcott in the Champion's league. If Aurelio took a foul, instead of allowing Walcott to run on the defense with numbers, at most I could see a yellow coming out, and it would of prevented the goal. Sometimes you have to be a bit brash but you need to know when to do it, and how not to injure someone in the process.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #27: Nov 12, 2008 01:00:26 am
      This may sound dirty but I mean it in the least dirtiest way possible, against Arsenal with their speed especially with Walcott and just their pace over all, we need our midfield to know when to make a foul, or to take a tackle not to knock someone down, not to cheaply take a player out, and definitely not to injure anyone but to stop a run. An example is the the tackle that was made on Walcott in the Champion's league. If Aurelio took a foul, instead of allowing Walcott to run on the defense with numbers, at most I could see a yellow coming out, and it would of prevented the goal. Sometimes you have to be a bit brash but you need to know when to do it, and how not to injure someone in the process.

John Terry did that against City and got a straight red.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #28: Nov 12, 2008 01:35:49 am
      I don't know of the specific occasion but it was most likely because of Terry being the last defender, the Aurelio tackle happened at midfield with 3 defenders back and 2 Arsenal players ahead of Walcott, so the circumstances are different if Terry was alone or with another defender. But as I said I don't know where John Terry and the other defenders were around him, so it could be similar, not sure.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #29: Nov 12, 2008 01:54:08 am
      It seems John Terry was the 'last defender'. Had Aurelio tried to foul Walcott, should be a yellow cause it was in the Arsenal half or somewhere near the mid line.

I guess everyone just has to really mark the Arsenal guys. Give them no space and time especially Nasri and Fabregas.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #30: Nov 12, 2008 02:32:45 am
      Terry wasn't the last defender, I think it was Carvalho or the right back coverin and it was on the half way line. It was because the ref was a joke.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #31: Nov 12, 2008 04:51:42 am
      I don't know of the specific occasion but it was most likely because of Terry being the last defender, the Aurelio tackle happened at midfield with 3 defenders back and 2 Arsenal players ahead of Walcott, so the circumstances are different if Terry was alone or with another defender. But as I said I don't know where John Terry and the other defenders were around him, so it could be similar, not sure.

You said there were three defenders behind Aurelio. That's why Aurelio didn't make the tackle. He thought Walcott might have been covered by the defence.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #32: Nov 12, 2008 03:48:25 pm
      Well. Although Man United have failed to beat Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool this season, their remaining games against the big 4 are all at home.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #33: Nov 12, 2008 03:49:30 pm
      Well. Although Man United have failed to beat Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool this season, their remaining games against the big 4 are all at home.

2 of ours are at home. 2 Away now.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #34: Nov 12, 2008 03:55:44 pm
      Shouldn't have problem getting a win at home against chelsea and Arsenal. Man United away is probably the toughest. We need some tips from Hull City.

Quick Reply