Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Spurs v Liverpool Match Thread

Read 42300 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Spurs v Liverpool Match Thread
      Reply #322: Nov 12, 2008 10:10:24 pm
      Can I start by saying that the first half was shocking. Considering 7 or 8 of those lads were supposed to be showing Rafa they are good enough!! Second half was a huge improvement. Babel and Sami for me played well. El Zhar Plessis Ngog Insua at times showed the potential they have and I hope they all continue to get chances to show there worth.

For me Dossena and Degen should never play for Liverpool again f**kin shocking defending by both and they dont offer much in attack either tho Degen should have had a peno. Ive discussed Lucas a few times before so no need to do it here as he done nothing to change my mind

Roll on Saturday
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #323: Nov 12, 2008 10:11:15 pm
      We looked like Everton tonight.

What was Rafa thinking giving Dossena a start? Insua was surely the better option!
      We need to see the results from him, or he'll be gone in January.
      lanester28
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts | -1 
      Reply #324: Nov 12, 2008 10:12:52 pm
      I do.  Losing any match - especially when thousands of Liverpool fans have shelled out hard earned money to travel is an embarrassment.  To concede 3 goals in 6 minutes for Liverpool FC, at any level - even the Under 16's - is humiliating.

I was referring to losing in the carling cup (considering what is more important)..it has unfortunately shown weaknesses in our squad and the limitations placed upon Rafa.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #325: Nov 12, 2008 10:13:40 pm
      Rafa looked absolutely gutted in his post match interview.
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #326: Nov 12, 2008 10:14:31 pm

Secondly it must of finally showed Benitez that rest of the fringe players at this squad just aren't good enough so get f***in rid in January. I wouldn't be disappointed if Babel, Lucas, Dossena, Plessis, Ngog, the goalie and Degen never wear a Liverpool shirt again.

What a f***in joke. How the f**k can these players play for this club? Do they not realise it's Liverpool Football Club? It's a f***in disgrace the way they do f**k all for so f***in long and still remain at the club. I know why they're still here though, cos no other c**t would buy them they're that sh*t. Seriously, how are these players good enough to wear our shirt or is Benitez takin bungs? What makes it even worse is if (god help us) we do get a long term injury to Stevie/Reina/Carra/Torres these are the players we've got to replace them with and what makes it even worse than that, Babel and Dossena are first team regulars for fucks sake.

Do you support Liverpool? Are you having a f**king joke. Yes I'm upset by todays result and yes some players have clearly shown that they need to improve but that's no reason to demand they exit the club. How many times have you seen Cavalieri and Degen play for Liverpool exactly? Not often enough. Babel has the quality to become a star, yes 11 million is a lot, but compare that to what Chelsea are buying to warm their bench up, then I'd say it's worth it. You stick some of these players with the big boys and they do perform. (Babel did it against Arsenal in the Champions League last year, Lucas played against Inter Milan last year and played to the standard of the team).

The whole team was poor, so blame the team as a whole because I don't see you pointing the finger at Torres and saying he should leave due to the bad team performance tonight.
      MrMacro
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Reply #327: Nov 12, 2008 10:14:40 pm
      Top Post... Agree with everything you said.  Roll on Saturday.

Can I start by saying that the first half was shocking. Considering 7 or 8 of those lads were supposed to be showing Rafa they are good enough!! Second half was a huge improvement. Babel and Sami for me played well. El Zhar Plessis Ngog Insua at times showed the potential they have and I hope they all continue to get chances to show there worth.

For me Dossena and Degen should never play for Liverpool again f**kin shocking defending by both and they dont offer much in attack either tho Degen should have had a peno. Ive discussed Lucas a few times before so no need to do it here as he done nothing to change my mind

Roll on Saturday
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #328: Nov 12, 2008 10:15:16 pm
      Babel? How can you say that? He's young he has had one bad game and now he should be sold?!!!???!! He needs to mature and players do it at different ages so give him some time.  Same applies to Lucas.

You need to chill.

We played badly, we werent good enough. They outclassed us. We have a much more important game on Saturday that we must win, so lets concentrate on that.

(Also I can't believe you don't rate Riera??? What's he done poorly so far?)

Babel's had one bad game? Grow the F**k up lad. He's been sh*te since the start of the season bar the Chelsea game. Lucas has been sh*te since he arrived and was sh*te again. Plus they're both full internationals, with a season of Premiership football under their belt, how much f***in longer can we wait? Lets wait till they're 30 and say "ah well they're not quite gonna hack it are they." No lets F**k them off right now because neither are good enough for this club and the same goes for the majority of others out there tonight. But if we've got fans who are happy with second rate players then what's the point in sellin them.

Didn't think El Zhar was better by 'a country mile'.  Probably the worst I've seen him play for us, but the rest were terrible.  Lucas wasn't actually that bad either.  Alonso was different class.  The strikers had no service whatsoever.  Torres would have done far more damage playing second half when Alonso (who was our best player) was on.

Dossena's useless - Cavalieri's not a great keeper and Degen can't defend.

Babel's £11 million is starting to look a bit silly as well now (though not as silly as Dossena's £7 million).  Degen's only defence is that he was on a free.

Babel cost us 11 million? Ajax must be laughin all the way to the bank. Dossena 7 million? Udinese must be doin summersaults.

As for El Zhar, second half he was the only one (other than Xabi) who showed any class. He had a neat touch, bit of trickery and looked like he wanted to impress. Lucas was sh*te mate, end of. Not even gonna debate that one with you.
      lanester28
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts | -1 
      Reply #329: Nov 12, 2008 10:17:28 pm
      Please add Plessis to the list...I was at the Brum away game last season..even their fans were laughing at him...bring back Momo!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #330: Nov 12, 2008 10:19:42 pm
      I have to say I cant see why some are having a go at Babel. He at least wanted the ball and didnt hide and every time he got the ball 3 Spurs lads surrounded him.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #331: Nov 12, 2008 10:21:04 pm
      Babel's had one bad game? Grow the f**k up lad. He's been sh*te since the start of the season bar the Chelsea game. Lucas has been sh*te since he arrived and was sh*te again. Plus they're both full internationals, with a season of Premiership football under their belt, how much f***in longer can we wait? Lets wait till they're 30 and say "ah well they're not quite gonna hack it are they." No lets f**k them off right now because neither are good enough for this club and the same goes for the majority of others out there tonight. But if we've got fans who are happy with second rate players then what's the point in sellin them.

Babel cost us 11 million? Ajax must be laughin all the way to the bank. Dossena 7 million? Udinese must be doin summersaults.

As for El Zhar, second half he was the only one (other than Xabi) who showed any class. He had a neat touch, bit of trickery and looked like he wanted to impress. Lucas was sh*te mate, end of. Not even gonna debate that one with you.

What did you think of Babel last season?
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #332: Nov 12, 2008 10:21:12 pm
      Babel is very worrying.  He's got pace to burn and a ferocious shot but losses possession very easily and doesn't seem interested most of the time.  And I'm judging this on more than tonight's game.  For £11 million, I'd expect alot more.  Although considering Wenger wasn't willing to bid so high for him might speak volumes on his 'potential'.

As for Dossena and Degan...pure utter sh*te.  Dossena for £7 million is starting to look like the flop of the season.  Very disappointing performance.  Hope they all get an ear-bashing from Rafa!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #333: Nov 12, 2008 10:21:38 pm
      Do you support Liverpool? Are you having a f**king joke. Yes I'm upset by todays result and yes some players have clearly shown that they need to improve but that's no reason to demand they exit the club. How many times have you seen Cavalieri and Degen play for Liverpool exactly? Not often enough. Babel has the quality to become a star, yes 11 million is a lot, but compare that to what Chelsea are buying to warm their bench up, then I'd say it's worth it. You stick some of these players with the big boys and they do perform. (Babel did it against Arsenal in the Champions League last year, Lucas played against Inter Milan last year and played to the standard of the team).

The whole team was poor, so blame the team as a whole because I don't see you pointing the finger at Torres and saying he should leave due to the bad team performance tonight.

Torres was lost, like he was against Arsenal in the league last year, like he was against Marsielle this year, he was injured. For fucks sake the fella couldn't walk never mind run tonight.

I know what Babel's done in the past and what a surprise it's all be in the big style games, go read his player thread I've said they're the only games he gets up for. He does. So called "small" games like this one, he can't be arsed an tonight proved it. Players like that are not wanted at this club as far as I'm concerned. He's not prepared to put the effort in for "small" games.

As for Degen and the keeper, whoopty do I haven't seen them play 40 games for the club, but from what I have seen I don't want them to even reach four games for the club. I saw Dossena in pre-season and said I saw F**k all in him and I've been proven right. Degen and Cav are the exact same, they are never gonne be good enough for Liverpool Football Club. So what's the point in f***in keepin them?

But if you want to portray yourself as the perfect fan and make out you don't think we're allowed to complain about our own players you go ahead pal. Me, I'd rather see players who give their all for the shirt, not players who are happy to do F**k all for it.

Why you've brought Chelsea into the arguement, I have no idea. Maybe it makes you feel good about yourself to type the word Chelsea, I don't know.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #334: Nov 12, 2008 10:24:45 pm
      What did you think of Babel last season?

Last year I gave him the benifit of the doubt, I thought first year in a new country. He frustrated me but like I said he deserved the benifit of the doubt last year because I could see signs of a decent player within him. (somethin I can't in Dossena/Degen/Cav/Ngog which is why they don't get the benifit of the doubt). This year it's the same Ryan Babel, all the talent is there but doesn't do enough with it. He is still to predictable by cuttin back on to his right, he is still to weak, he still loses control of the ball more often than not and he still can't get up for these sort of games.

jeffslad
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #335: Nov 12, 2008 10:27:17 pm
      Babel is very worrying.  He's got pace to burn and a ferocious shot but losses possession very easily and doesn't seem interested most of the time.  And I'm judging this on more than tonight's game.  For £11 million, I'd expect alot more.  Although considering Wenger wasn't willing to bid so high for him might speak volumes on his 'potential'.

As for Dossena and Degan...pure utter sh*te.  Dossena for £7 million is starting to look like the flop of the season.  Very disappointing performance.  Hope they all get an ear-bashing from Rafa!!
      you.are so.right.son!......tonight  just reminded me of the 6-3 game at home to Arsenal.SHOCKING!!!!!!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,271 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #336: Nov 12, 2008 10:32:05 pm
      Make make you feel a little better.
      BURNLEY BEAT CHELSEA 5-4 ON PENALTIES
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #337: Nov 12, 2008 10:32:06 pm
      Burnley just beat Chelsea on pens.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #338: Nov 12, 2008 10:33:09 pm
      I'd have rather the chavs stay in the competition to be honest.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #339: Nov 12, 2008 10:34:07 pm
      Good game.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #340: Nov 12, 2008 10:35:15 pm

Same really. Just enhances Tottenham's chances. Hope they get murdered by the mancs, and I don't say that too often.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #341: Nov 12, 2008 10:35:43 pm

Aye same here mate, now they get a rest when the next round comes about. I suppose that's another savin grace for us.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #342: Nov 12, 2008 10:36:13 pm

Me too, something else for them to think about  ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #343: Nov 12, 2008 10:37:06 pm
      Me too, something else for them to think about  ;)

As well as that :D
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #344: Nov 12, 2008 10:37:07 pm
      Noticed one or two were having a go at Lucas, and thought it deeply unfair...TO BE LEFT OUT!!!

Please, please someone with better footballing nous than I tell me: WHAT THE F**k IS HE PLAYING FOR LIVERPOOL FC FOR?
      Please put me out of my misery. I would be content knowing just what exactly the Brazilian curly haired one offers to this team. How bad can one player be?
      By the way, just in case you are a Lucas supporter like Rafa (poor you), I don't blame him for our loss today. The overall team performance on the night was so woeful it would be daft to lash out at just Lucas. But still he played, and I wanna know, would we have missed him had he not done so!!!

Quick Reply