Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Gadget for the police

Read 1010 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Gadget for the police
      Nov 26, 2008 08:04:52 am
      POLICE in Skelmersdale are trialling a device first featured on the BBC programme Dragons’ Den.

The mis-fuelling prevention device is designed to prevent the wrong fuel being put into diesel cars.

The device, created by DDN Ltd, gained attention when it was featured on Dragons’ Den and gained investment from Deborah Meaden and Theo Phaphitis.

The trial is on Lancashire Police’s southern division Astra fleet until the end of the year.

What a waste of money, have some of are police gone mad.
      I always thourt you had to have some brains to get into the police, if the drivers don't know if the car is petrol - diesel, then they should put a sticker somewhere, saying "This car takes petrol" or "This car takes diesel".
      I think that would be a lot cheaper.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Re: Gadget for the police
      Reply #1: Nov 26, 2008 08:46:42 am
      Erm...

I thought new cars were already fitted with a device so that you can only put the right stuff in your car? Isn't it something to do with the notches on the nozzles at the garage?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2: Nov 26, 2008 08:48:25 am
      Hahaha what a stupid idea. Just put a sticker on your car or don't be a dumbass
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #3: Nov 26, 2008 07:23:44 pm
      Erm...

I thought new cars were already fitted with a device so that you can only put the right stuff in your car? Isn't it something to do with the notches on the nozzles at the garage?
      The nozzle on the diesel pump wont fit into (shouldn't) a petrol vehicle built after 1998 but a petrol nozzle will fit any vehicle, as being much smaller . But you still have to be thick to get it wrong.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2008 05:09:25 pm
      More expense to the tax payer :f_bluelight:.

Quick Reply