Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Jermaine Pennant with JD on Sunday night

Read 8551 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Jermaine Pennant with JD on Sunday night
      Nov 18, 2008 06:18:03 pm
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1086606/Liverpools-hopes-offloading-boozer-Pennant-appear-dashed-Jack-Daniels-party-pics.html

Liverpool's hopes of offloading boozer Pennant appear dashed after Jack Daniels' party pics
      By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
      Last updated at 2:17 PM on 18th November 2008

Liverpool are believed to be concerned that they will be unable to offload Jermaine Pennant in the January transfer window.

The out-of-favour winger was pictured guzzling Jack Daniels straight from the bottle outside an Essex nightclub on Sunday night.

And, although the club had given him Sunday and Monday off with the rest of the Reds' squad, Pennant's behaviour will not have endeared him to his suitors - Blackburn Rovers, Stoke City and Everton.

A lot of bottle: Jermaine Pennant is leave Faces nightclub with bottle of Jack Daniels in hand in the early hours of Monday

Sportsmail online understands that Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is running out of patience with Pennant's lifestyle and erratic timekeeping and the pictures of the partying star will do nothing to to change the Spanish manager's mind.

The 25-year-old alienated himself from Benitez in the summer by stalling over moves to Rovers, Stoke and Everton. Two clubs agreed to meet a £4m asking price but pulled out over the player's wage demands.

But ,after Pennant lived up to his bad-boy image in Essex for the visit of Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan to Faces nightclub at the weekend, those clubs will be increasingly concerned over his professionalism. And unlikely to renew their interest in the former Leeds, Birmingham and Arsenal forward.

A Liverpool spokesman said that the club would not be commenting on the incident at this time.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____________________

This lad is so close to the edge! I feel sorry for him.

« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2008 06:23:04 pm by redkenny »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Jermaine Pennant with JD on Sunday night
      Reply #1: Nov 18, 2008 06:25:33 pm
      Well, to be fair to him, he was off work the next day......

But anyone who thinks this lad has any sort of chance left at our club, is dreaming.

I think you're right Solodee. He is close to the edge. And he's very close to pissing his career up the wall by the looks of it.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: Nov 18, 2008 06:29:30 pm
      Can we cancel his contract?
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 18, 2008 07:44:47 pm
      What a knob,thats gonna get you back into the team ins't it Jermaine..what a waste.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Nov 18, 2008 08:44:53 pm
      Can't wait to hear Chico's response to this thread....
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #5: Nov 18, 2008 09:13:19 pm
      I thought JD (mod) interviewed him, when i read the thread name :(
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: Nov 18, 2008 09:18:02 pm
      F...king Idiot. A spell in the reserves and aweek on the Liver Unit at the Royal should put him on the right path...........to Blackburn
      Mildrop
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 207 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 18, 2008 09:19:59 pm
      Good title for the thread it had me really interested, and then it was a bit of a let down.

Ah well poor old Jermaine, sometimes fame and fortune are the nemesis of the footballer and on this occasion it appears to be true
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Nov 18, 2008 09:39:58 pm
      May as well say his good bye's now because I cant see Rafa letting him off with a warning or a fine. Just cocked up his chances of getting back in the team tbh.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Reply #9: Nov 18, 2008 10:12:21 pm
      Well done Jermaine lad, you've got your wish and stopped clubs interest for January so you get a further six months at Liverpool with your current wages, which is a lot more than you'd get at Ewood Park. Money grabbin c**t, just F**k off.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #10: Nov 18, 2008 10:26:58 pm
      Well done Jermaine lad, you've got your wish and stopped clubs interest for January so you get a further six months at Liverpool with your current wages, which is a lot more than you'd get at Ewood Park. Money grabbin c**t, just f**k off.

Maybe he is just "frustrated" and not making the Carling Cup 11 drove him to JD. It might not be about the money.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Reply #11: Nov 18, 2008 10:29:21 pm
      Maybe he is just "frustrated" and not making the Carling Cup 11 drove him to JD. It might not be about the money.

Read every article about his cancled move(s) to Blackburn or Stoke and it states quite clearly talks broke down because of the players wages. He's a money grabber.

RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #12: Nov 18, 2008 10:43:38 pm
      Get rid of him, if we can at this stage. Should never of signed him in the first place though
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Nov 18, 2008 10:44:56 pm
      Looking at that first picture of him, he looks a very troubled young man.

The second picture of him looking at an almost empty bottle of JD, as if to say "Crikey, where did it all go?"

F...king Idiot. A spell in the reserves and aweek on the Liver Unit at the Royal should put him on the right path...........to Blackburn

Quite frankly RedPuppy, I don't think he even deserves a place in the reserves, it's not setting a very good example to them is it.

And anyway, what the hell is he doing down in Essex...............nigh tclubs in Liverpool not good enough for you Jermaine? Or did you think you wouldn't be caught down there  >:D

I tell you what, Rafa won't want anything to do with him now, he's shot himself in the foot big time.

Stupid Idiot  ::)
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #14: Nov 18, 2008 10:53:25 pm
      thats the final straw for me.

who does he think he is??  does he realise how many million people in the world would love to pull on the liverbird over their chest?  he's really blown it his time, and if the reports are true about always turning up late for training, well, he's just taking the piss in my opinion.

jermaine, you had it all and now you've pissed it away.  no comebacks this time.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Nov 18, 2008 11:06:49 pm
      And anyway, what the hell is he doing down in Essex...............nigh tclubs in Liverpool not good enough for you Jermaine?

That's a fine point there MsG!!

I once seen Ian Rush 'quite drunk' on Victoria street. Although you could never compare the two players, obviously....
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #16: Nov 18, 2008 11:11:48 pm

Generally I've been with Chico in this Pennant debate, maybe you can use my response.

Allthough I've defended Pennant a long way, I have never said he was fighting hard for his spot. My point all the way was that we couldnt know. There was neither evidence of him fighting hard for his place, or the opposite. What provoked me was, that many people seemed to make their judgement of Pennant, based on rumors, jokes, facial expressions, personal "opinion" of his attitude etc. It was mostly gossip. Now the media have come up with evidence that nobody can deny. Its Pennant on the picture, and its a JD in his hand. Not much to debate there.

So either
      1) The lack of games frustrated Pennant so much that he started this drinking/party-behaviour
      OR
      2) He started this drinking/party-behaviour and consequently lost form/trust of the manager and therefore didnt get games?

If we are dealing with case 1, then he is stupid, but you might have a little understanding. But this is not the way to deal with things, when life is against you. If we are dealing with case 2, then hes simply an idiot. I dont know which case we are dealing with, and I think few do.
      In either case though, wandering around drinking JD in the night is not "fighting for his place", and such behaviour is not what club in the world elite needs. I agree that the cosenquence of this should be selling him in january (if possible).

In the end I have a question for you DLS. Normally people talk a lot about how much crap, gossip, lies, etc. is written by the press. Especially when it comes to writting about Liverpool and Liverpool players. How come, that now when the media are dealing with Pennant, you seem to trust everything they say about his reasons not to sign for Blackburn or Stoke? Where did the critical approach to the media go?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Nov 18, 2008 11:11:48 pm
      No one is going to deny the lad a drink, after all we all like a little tipple now and again don't we  ;)  :food-smiley-005:

But there's taking things to excess and taking the piss.

He's a professional footballer and therefore he's in the public eye so he needs to be just a little bit more responsible in my opinion.

Too late for you now though Jermaine I'm afraid.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #18: Nov 18, 2008 11:19:22 pm
      How do you drink your Jack??  ???

Drinking Jack Daniels from the bottle is like eating an apple with your hand, why complicate things..
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Reply #19: Nov 18, 2008 11:37:48 pm
      In the end I have a question for you DLS. Normally people talk a lot about how much crap, gossip, lies, etc. is written by the press. Especially when it comes to writting about Liverpool and Liverpool players. How come, that now when the media are dealing with Pennant, you seem to trust everything they say about his reasons not to sign for Blackburn or Stoke? Where did the critical approach to the media go?

Quite simply, every story has the same message. It's also the same message his team mates, his ex team mates, his ex managers, people close to the club and I have of him. A money grabbin tosser. He isn't prepared to fight for his place because if he was, he'd be first in trainin, hardest workin durin trainin and last out of trainin, unfortunately he's got it arse above tit. Last into trainin, least workin trainer and first out of trainin. At least he knows which end of a bottle to drink out of though. When you get 10 papers all with the same message to words of the effect "Pennant's move broke down over wages" you tend to believe that it's true. When you get 10 papers sayin "Hicks and Gillett at war" or "Hicks and Gillett meet for talks" you tend to think somewhere along the line there's a lie. That's why I can believe Pennant is a money grabber apart from the fact of my own opinion of the lad.

Yes I know you'll jump on the word opinion, which is why I purposely chose it, but what else do you expect me to have of the player? We don't know a great deal of any of our player's or manager's or owner's private lives, but we all have opinions about them, I'm sure you do as well. And if you do, which you must, shut up about others voicing their opinion of a player because you're then contradictin yourself. I'm sure you have the opinion of Pennant is workin hard for his place, you've said so many times, but just because your opinion of him isn't neccessarily bad doesn't for one minute change the fact that it is still opinion. The world is based on opinions mate, that's why we all have views on red or brown sauce, rap or reggae, bob the builder or jodie marsh the big orange dog...sorry clifford the big red dog. Opinions, mine on Pennant is he's a money grabber...it wasn't when he arrived my opinion was he wanted to prove himself at a big club (the one he supported as a lad) and my opinion was he planned on provin himself. But as time moved on and chances became less likely for him, my opinion all became less of him when he refused to move on because of money.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #20: Nov 18, 2008 11:41:19 pm
      Like I said, I think he was on the sauce since before the Liverpool days and from day 0 when he lived above those bars in town.

Moron.  Complete moron.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Nov 19, 2008 12:55:27 am
      Taxi for Mr Pennant.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #22: Nov 19, 2008 12:56:05 am
      I always did wonder why his crosses were somewhat ... sh*te.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #23: Nov 19, 2008 02:57:28 am
      Well it seems Rafa feels the same way as some of us posters! And not just on Pennant!

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,9724.16.html

Anyone feel sheepish now, especially from page 2 - hate to say I told you so....................bu t i told you so!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #24: Nov 19, 2008 04:35:47 am
      What a waster, hes at one of the top teams in the country and he behaves like this,the lad must be simple.
      yowg8ynwa
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #25: Nov 19, 2008 04:58:11 am
      really really wished he was working hard for his place on the team, i would have liked to believe that, but those pictures confirm it all, he's wasting his opportunities and chances to play for liverpool ever again and washing them down the drain with some JD.....its kinda depressing how many kids (like me ;D) would do anything to play for LFC and this kid doesnt give a rats ass.....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Nov 19, 2008 07:23:39 am
      Sunday night so before we slaughter the lad are we sure the lads hadnt got the night off to go and get hammered if they wanted. If jd is his drink of choice so what. If he had a pint in his hand would it be all over the internet?

His Liverpool days are over as it is so I can understand him wanting to get pi**ed
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Nov 19, 2008 07:45:51 am
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1086606/Liverpools-hopes-offloading-boozer-Pennant-appear-dashed-Jack-Daniels-party-pics.html

Liverpool's hopes of offloading boozer Pennant appear dashed after Jack Daniels' party pics
      By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
      Last updated at 2:17 PM on 18th November 2008

Liverpool are believed to be concerned that they will be unable to offload Jermaine Pennant in the January transfer window.

The out-of-favour winger was pictured guzzling Jack Daniels straight from the bottle outside an Essex nightclub on Sunday night.

And, although the club had given him Sunday and Monday off with the rest of the Reds' squad, Pennant's behaviour will not have endeared him to his suitors - Blackburn Rovers, Stoke City and Everton.

A lot of bottle: Jermaine Pennant is leave Faces nightclub with bottle of Jack Daniels in hand in the early hours of Monday

Sportsmail online understands that Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is running out of patience with Pennant's lifestyle and erratic timekeeping and the pictures of the partying star will do nothing to to change the Spanish manager's mind.

The 25-year-old alienated himself from Benitez in the summer by stalling over moves to Rovers, Stoke and Everton. Two clubs agreed to meet a £4m asking price but pulled out over the player's wage demands.

But ,after Pennant lived up to his bad-boy image in Essex for the visit of Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan to Faces nightclub at the weekend, those clubs will be increasingly concerned over his professionalism. And unlikely to renew their interest in the former Leeds, Birmingham and Arsenal forward.

A Liverpool spokesman said that the club would not be commenting on the incident at this time.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____________________

This lad is so close to the edge! I feel sorry for him.

Dressed like that, I feel sorry for him too!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Nov 19, 2008 08:00:23 am
      Arrrgghh Jermaine

You've done it again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #29: Nov 19, 2008 08:53:15 am

And, although the club had given him Sunday and Monday off with the rest of the Reds' squad,

If me or you had 2 days off wed to the same wouldnt we? We call it weekends
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #30: Nov 19, 2008 09:09:17 am
      I see Chico has elected to dodge this topic.

Disappointing that. 

If somebody is prepared to criticise me over my 'opinion' that is apparently based on 'rumour' then when some evidence comes out I expect somebody to get back in the debate.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #31: Nov 19, 2008 01:11:44 pm
      Well first and foremost i think Pennant is a money grabbing b***ard who dose'nt deserve to play for us again.

Yet i believe it to be a bit unfair for him to be slated for going out on the piss when the squad had 2 days off. If it was Gerrard, Carra or Torres i dont think we would see half of the moaning as we do here. If there was training or a match the next day. Fair do's he is bang out of order but the notion that footballers cant have a drink when they are off is ridiculous.

...Regardless. Get rid as soon as because he isnt technically good enough nor is he willing to fight for the cause and is more interested in money.
      redsnowflake
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 19, 2008 04:31:24 pm
      Well being in Liverpool has obviously paid off, he'd have been caught sipping Pimms this time 3 years ago. Actually he might have been locked up then?

Not a chance of playing for us any time soon and not a chance of selling him for more than a fiver. He'll end up like Stan Collymore watching football on tv or playing in parks! >:D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #33: Nov 19, 2008 06:13:29 pm
      F***ing cockhead get out of our team u joke of a man. ur supposed to be setting an example u dick. you got all that money and u F**k your career up by drink!!! why not go and buy fifa, pes, cod 5 and drown your sorrows playing them u daft c**t!!!!

Let me be the first to say you aren't setting a good example to new posters by constantly and consistently swearing and cussing. It's nothing to be proud of, and it's certainly not funny. Be careful mate, or that -1 could turn into -40 by the end of the day.

JP looks like he has mucked up his LFC career now, no doubt. I don't doubt, however, that he will get a move in Jan - it just may be for 2 or 3 mil.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34: Nov 19, 2008 08:04:55 pm
      Though this thread was about JP meeting JD for something to do with the forum.... im slow today so i am ::)
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #35: Nov 19, 2008 09:25:41 pm

I see Chico has elected to dodge this topic.

Disappointing that. 

If somebody is prepared to criticise me over my 'opinion' that is apparently based on 'rumour' then when some evidence comes out I expect somebody to get back in the debate.

*Without trying to sound like an internet thug*... "Don't call me out like that son"..
      Don't imply somehow that I'm dodging your worthless post because I actually have a life other than a monotonous job and this f***in forum.. I rarely dodge conflict face to face never mind avoiding some judgmental fool on the f***in internet.. Trust me friend, don't try and check the size of my balls when your hands ain't big enough.. Its almost like you enjoy saying my name.

So by your logic, If you yourself decide to get mullered on your day off it means your not serious about your work?
      I've actually seen "our golden boy" Mr Gerrard hammered in a that Baby Blue nightclub, along with Sammy and JAR on a different occasion. That obviously means their money grabbing charletons too right?

A lot of people in this forum don't buy into the same so called "evidence" you do but happen to think he's not good enough to play for us and I have no problem with them. Its just these f***in "arm chair extremists" who openly despise footballers lifestyles because there own shitty little life's contain nothing worth talking about that piss me off.

Jermain's days at our wonderfull club are definitely numbered and he is stupid for getting caught drinking in public knowing there are people like JD who are obsessed with his lifestyle around..

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2008 09:54:52 pm by Chico Banderas »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #36: Nov 19, 2008 10:19:47 pm
      Sorry to disappoint you but I'm no armchair extremist.  And don't give me the 'I've got a life so haven't replied'.  I've seen you on here at least three times since that article was posted so if you've spent a day formulating that response then you could have done a lot better.

And don't contradict your own opinion on me either.

At least your objection to him residing at our wonderfull club is based on your view of how he plays NOT his assumed attitude.

Its just these f***in "arm chair extremists" who openly despise footballers lifestyles because there own shitty little life's contain nothing worth talking about that piss me off.

For someone who is big on not making judgements on people you've just fired off a pathetic rant at me when you know F**k all about me.

Steven Gerrard and Torres can get rat arsed all they want for all I care - the fact is they perform on the pitch where it counts.  Jermaine Pennant is sh*te on the pitch and in my opinion I can't stand players who carry on at a club to pick up the money when they could be out playing the game week in week out that they are supposed to love (like Pennant could have done in the Summer).

I'm not remotely obsessed with Pennant's lifestyle.  Those pictures coupled with the fact he couldn't even make our reserves bench last Wednesday prove to me that he is a waster. 
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #37: Nov 19, 2008 10:30:10 pm
      I've seen you on here at least three times since that article was posted.

Err...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Reply #38: Nov 19, 2008 10:54:45 pm
      Am I right in assumin Pennant's contract is up in the summer?

If it is then he'll happily sit in the stands from now until then, pick up his wages (which are more than he'll get elsewhere) and wait for his next club, probably the one who offers him most bread as well as a signin on fee. So congrats Mr Pennant, you've got just over eight months left of life at Liverpool Football Club because you won't move.

Just searched the internet and found this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/14/premierleague-liverpool

Pennant, who joined the Merseyside club two years ago, will become a free agent at the end of this season unless he makes a specified number of appearances, believed to be 15, for the first team.

If Pennant reaches that target, Liverpool can automatically extend his contract by an additional 12 months, a move that will protect the club from losing their £6.7m recruit on a free.

However, he has only made four appearances this season and the Carling Cup had offered Benítez a clear means of increasing that total, an option the manager refused to take. Should he continue to be overlooked, Pennant could resist efforts to sell him in January and hold out for a free transfer in the summer.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #39: Nov 19, 2008 10:57:07 pm
      Am I right in assumin Pennant's contract is up in the summer?

If it is then he'll happily sit in the stands from now until then, pick up his wages (which are more than he'll get elsewhere) and wait for his next club, probably the one who offers him most bread as well as a signin on fee. So congrats Mr Pennant, you've got just over eight months left of life at Liverpool Football Club because you won't move.

Just searched the internet and found this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/14/premierleague-liverpool

Pennant, who joined the Merseyside club two years ago, will become a free agent at the end of this season unless he makes a specified number of appearances, believed to be 15, for the first team.

If Pennant reaches that target, Liverpool can automatically extend his contract by an additional 12 months, a move that will protect the club from losing their £6.7m recruit on a free.

However, he has only made four appearances this season and the Carling Cup had offered Benítez a clear means of increasing that total, an option the manager refused to take. Should he continue to be overlooked, Pennant could resist efforts to sell him in January and hold out for a free transfer in the summer.

Good find DLS.  That's some weird contract that.  I wonder if the reds have any other players on deals like that.  Unusual that a player, especially a young player, would only be handed a 3 year contract.

He's not going to be getting 15 games is he.   Free agent in the summer then.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Nov 19, 2008 11:01:10 pm
      Pennant could resist efforts to sell him in January and hold out for a free transfer in the summer.[/I]

Yeah, good find. I think the Guardian should have written will instead of could. I would still believe them.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Nov 20, 2008 01:06:00 am
      He had the potential to play in the Eng-Germany match yesterday. Instead his lifestyle is leading him further away from the elite. Stoke would still want him I suppose for a bargain price and reduced wages.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #42: Nov 20, 2008 11:51:29 am
      Chico, you're Pennant's bi*ch and I claim my five pounds.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #43: Nov 20, 2008 12:11:07 pm
      Chico, you're Pennant's bi*ch and I claim my five pounds.

You fool...  :lmao:  :lmao:

Whats the £5 about?.. Was that a bet or something?...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #44: Nov 20, 2008 12:15:26 pm
      Nah, it's a saying!

:lmao: - Love the way you don't actually deny it, Chico!  :f_whistle:

So do I get my fiver!!

I'm off to find a toothpick (Old wrestling, Razor Ramon fans will understand) "Hey Chico..............it's the bad guy!!!"

Right back on topic - If only Jermaine had stayed on the WKD's, there'd be none of this!!
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2008 12:23:41 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #45: Nov 20, 2008 12:23:12 pm
      You'll have to do without lad.. What with the credit crunch and all that.. (no ;D)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #46: Nov 20, 2008 02:15:32 pm
      I was one of opinion that this guy was going to be fighting for his place hard given that he is playing at a club he has supported since boyhood. But now I am convinced he is willing to milk his boyhood club out of much cash as possible. As for this particluar incident it does not surprise me this is a lad that was placed under arrest and then house rest on DUI charges. Well once a mug always a mug.
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2008 02:21:52 pm by Dadorious »
      jeffslad
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #47: Nov 20, 2008 06:53:34 pm
      Get rid of him, if we can at this stage. Should never of signed him in the first place though
      how very true RD,if thats how he thinks a footballer should act then,3 words.....PIGG MARKET-NEWCASTLE
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #48: Nov 20, 2008 07:02:13 pm
      He is out of order for getting pissed when he should be setting an example .
            But look on the bright side he didnt get caught dancing with Callum Best
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #49: Nov 20, 2008 07:08:09 pm
      His career is going down the crapper, by the looks of things.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #50: Nov 20, 2008 11:11:25 pm
      Dear Pennant

Getting caught downing a whole bottle of JD: that's how you throw your career in the ditch.

Can he recover from this extravagant show of shame?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #51: Nov 21, 2008 12:20:09 am
      Can he recover from this extravagant show of shame?

Probably not mate. Especially in a Liverpool shirt.

He's got to get picked to play and I doubt that will happen at all now. It's interesting to see the fast reaction by Rafa to things said about Skrtel in press compared to Pennant. The cold shoulder is bigger than it's ever been now I think.

As for his career? It's on an obvious downward spirral after Liverpool. That goes without saying. But he'll probably go to a club, make a bit of an impression when he first gets there and then slip back into his old ways. Obviously i don't know that for certain, but I reckon it'll be likely.

solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #52: Nov 21, 2008 07:56:09 am
      Probably not mate. Especially in a Liverpool shirt.

He's got to get picked to play and I doubt that will happen at all now. It's interesting to see the fast reaction by Rafa to things said about Skrtel in press compared to Pennant. The cold shoulder is bigger than it's ever been now I think.

As for his career? It's on an obvious downward spirral after Liverpool. That goes without saying. But he'll probably go to a club, make a bit of an impression when he first gets there and then slip back into his old ways. Obviously I don't know that for certain, but I reckon it'll be likely.

True Kenny.

Interesting how Rafa Benitez has chosen to ignore totally, the incident. Really looks like the nail to the coffin of his career in a Liverpool Jersey.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #53: Nov 21, 2008 08:24:46 am
      So disappointed with Pennant's attitude and behaviour of late.

I had high hopes when he came that he would be able to give us real width and that his game would develop and improve with Liverpool.

He obviously doesn't realise that footballers only have a short playing career and you have to put 110% into it while you can.  You get out what you put in and he is now putting in very little.

He's an idiot.

His epitaph - Promised so much, delivered so little.  RIP Jermaine Pennant's footballing career. :dunceblock:
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #54: Nov 21, 2008 09:22:59 am
      I hope he put that bottle in the correct recycling box!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #55: Nov 21, 2008 11:11:15 am
      how very true RD,if thats how he thinks a footballer should act then,3 words.....PIGG MARKET-NEWCASTLE

Ah. I miss the Bigg Market.   :'(
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #56: Nov 21, 2008 10:05:49 pm
      Hes going the same way as his old man-whos just been locked up for drug abuse and supply
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #57: Nov 21, 2008 10:42:55 pm
      Hes going the same way as his old man-whos just been locked up for drug abuse and supply

Ouch!! That is low blow Redman! HArsh!

Quick Reply