Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

January Transfer Window!!!

Read 1304 times
      FamousLiverbird
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 36 posts |
      Oct 03, 2006 02:40:28 pm
      Thats if we have any money for it who could we buy?

I think our strikers & midfielders are doing well so far so i think maybe we should look at our slow ageing defence and try and sort that out!

Dani Alves i think would cost too much just for a Jan window but really we could do with a replacement for Carragher & Finnan in the "FUTURE"

Carra has done a lot for us but he is not doing good now so we got to be brave enough to replace him (unlike England with Lampard & Sven with Beckham)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #1: Oct 03, 2006 10:54:34 pm
      You really don't like JC do you lad.

We have a bit of money for sure from the Kronkamp deal.  Hopefully Harry will be fit enough to sell.

I don't see us buying anybody - maybe cover for right back - we are not getting the best out of our current players yet, have enought left sided players and central midfielders and strikers.

A right back is all we need until we analyse at the end of the season.

I honestly still believe the current squad needs little, or no, change at present.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #2: Oct 04, 2006 07:03:24 pm
      Unfortunately I can see Lucas Neill from Blackburn coming on a nominal fee.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 04, 2006 07:54:31 pm
      Dan alves and a a midfielder i can see comin in in jan. but by then hopefully we will be flyin high in the prem with a 10 piont lead.  ;D  ;D  ;D
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #4: Oct 04, 2006 10:18:51 pm
      wouldnt sign anyone unless we suffer from injuries or someones goin for a bargain. everyone will hopefully be settled and we'll be hitting teams 4 or 5 most weeks
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #5: Oct 04, 2006 10:21:44 pm
      i agree with koolkidda
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #6: Oct 05, 2006 10:56:25 pm
      it's only just october and you're already looking forward to january. have you been playing too much football manager? i think we've bought a surplus of players and this surplus has been the cause to rafa's ongoing rotation. what we need right now is to allow these new players to blend with the current squad. we seriously don't need reinforcements except in right back where we only have finnan. so don't keep your fingers crossed on a major squad change in january except for the addition of another right back. alves has been rafa's target since forever, he'll be an adequate addition to the squad but since we don't have russian or israeli owners, buying a player at 10 mil pounds in january doesn't seem likely.

Quick Reply