Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Capitulation..

Read 2273 times
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 167 posts |
      Capitulation..
      Feb 19, 2009 10:02:29 am
      Is it me or does it look like everyone in the league has given up on even scoring against Manure let alone taking points off them I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing managers and players of opposing teams fawning over them even before games as if they want to be in the cool gang at school won't even mention the media and pundits who want to hand them the quadruple now and bask in the reflected glory of ole red nose (even thought i've just mention them).Seems teams are beaten before the game starts and if manure score first thats it no point even trying lets just sit back and hope they don't score too many, what ever happened to the toughest most exciting league in the world were anything can happen until the final minute of every game I'm just hoping maybe Villa, Arsenal and Inter might be a bit different cause us beating them and winning all our remaining games just maybe won't be enough
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Capitulation..
      Reply #1: Feb 19, 2009 10:34:18 am
      I know how your feeling because I think that is actually true at times.

It's almost as if some teams are scared of the name 'Manchester United' and won't even have a go at them. We've seen occasions in the past where teams in the Premiership have had a real go at United and ended up winning so I don't know why teams don't do this, rather than sitting back and taking a loss. E.g. Last night at Fulham.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #2: Feb 19, 2009 11:02:26 am
      I wouldn't say all teams let Manure take the 3 points and don't attempt to win the game, because alot of the matches Manure win are from last gasp goals, when the other team could of beaten them. The likes of Stoke are not scared of the "Top 4", they tested us and give us a bit of a scare and they done the same to the Mancs.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Feb 19, 2009 11:07:29 am
      Look I dont think that is the case all the time. When we compare the squad and resources available in contrast to Manchester's 95% of the teams ourselves included can not match them. I feel your frustration watching the Fulham game there clearlyt was too much respect given to them and I dont recall Fulham creating one goal scoring opportunity. Just from memory teams like Stoke, Wigan and Everton took them right down to the wire and at times looked like they could take something from them. Belive me mate there is a long way to go and they will drop points on the way, we need to be cautious and hungry lurke in the background and then take our chance when it comes.

The Rafa bashers will surely point out now that it is too late and we should have been leading Utd and not trailing them by 5 if Rafa got his tactics right and avoided those home draws. But football is a funny game and fortune favours the brave.

IRWT
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Feb 19, 2009 11:18:19 am
      It is crap. But at least we have still to play them, along with Villa & Arsenal.

They will drop some points, just hope we can take advantage!

And the rafa bashers can get tae! we have only lost once this year in the league, in previous seasons we have been where arsenal are now 10 or 12 points behind, having dropped points to all our main rivals.

We have slipped up in games we shoudl have won no doubt, be we never lost them, those 10 draws could prove useful in the end.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #5: Feb 19, 2009 11:31:36 am
      The bitters and West Ham took the fight to them and made them sweat a bit. I watched the West Ham game and it gave me some comfort and faith in the fact that its not beyond the mancs to slip and drop points.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Feb 19, 2009 11:47:11 am
      The mancs were lucky in those games, they have been scraping 1-0's till last night.

TBH, I expected more from fulham, they have one of the best defences in the league!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #7: Feb 19, 2009 11:51:11 am
      Its a fact that teams like Fulham stick their arses in the air and they're having it all night long,you can see when they walk out the tunnel at the Outside Toilet they seem apologetic for even being there its as if they have been told "just keep your head down and their goal tally in single figures".The media's fixation with man u re and the referee having his nose up fergusons arse don't help but the only way is to go out there and make them have it,we've done it before and our man can do it again he couldn't even say capitulation.  
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #8: Feb 19, 2009 11:59:29 am
      Not for one minute did i think fulham would take anything off the Scum. But Saturday is another story Blackburn away i think with Big Sam there will make it really hard for them they may not beat United but a draw would do us.

Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #9: Feb 19, 2009 11:59:41 am
      I find teams that are in the relegation zone like Stoke always fight till the end,they are in such need of a point or even 3 points so they got no choice but to try steal the game.Teams like fulham which are in the middle of the table,always try just to get a draw out the game as they are not under pressure like stoke city and so on,so they throw all their players in defence.It was very frustrating watching the fulham game last night,they didnt even manage to get 1 shot on goal(how pathetic)Arsenal and Villa better do something.

Did anyone watch the man utd game last night,On the 80min or so the crowd started singing what sounded like You'll never walk alone.Did anyone notice that?
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #10: Feb 19, 2009 12:08:22 pm
      I just wish more teams would go and attack more i know they all have there own agenda's but you never know what you might get out the game. Anyway it might be good for us because by the time we play them there defence and keeper will be so rusty they wont know whats hit them when Torres runs at them.
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 167 posts |
      Reply #11: Feb 19, 2009 12:16:34 pm
      Was hoping  Danny would pop one in the top coner to end this not conceding in the league crap all going about van der sar being unbeatable i think he's had on averge three shots a game against him more media hype sh*t
      I just wish more teams would go and attack more I know they all have there own agenda's but you never know what you might get out the game. Anyway it might be good for us because by the time we play them there defence and keeper will be so rusty they wont know whats hit them when Torres runs at them.
      true
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Feb 19, 2009 12:20:45 pm
      I hope Inter have a real go at them when they play. Maybe not at Old Shitford but at home.
      deemc_14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      • IRIT!
      Reply #13: Feb 20, 2009 07:30:15 am
      Was hoping  Danny would pop one in the top coner to end this not conceding in the league crap all going about van der sar being unbeatable I think he's had on averge three shots a game against him more media hype sh*t  true
      agree, making some record about clean sheets does not make you the best keeper ever. he's been having clean sheets just because some teams would not care less about scoring a goal. So far i haven't seen him making one of those great saves or anything.

Quick Reply