Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

To all international fans

Read 11776 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Re: To all international fans
      Reply #23: Jan 16, 2009 04:01:08 pm
      Thanks for helping people out jacqqq.

Good info.
      jacqqq
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #24: Jan 16, 2009 04:11:12 pm
      JD,

In my search for match tickets recently, I have gained invaluable advice (as a lurker) and support ("don't give up, keep trying the re-dial button"!!! ;D) from LFCReds forummers. Two thumbs up to the active forummers here !!! Though I won't be on a ticket-hunt for another year or so, I would still drop by at the forum for 'pay back time'.

Cheers.
      Tixo
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 16, 2009 11:39:18 pm
      Thanks for all the answers.
      The Norwegian fanclub sells travels with tickets and pre-booked hotels, but that is much more expensive then it should be. If I can get the match ticket at regular price, i'm able to go, if not...

I'm going to try to call the ticket office on the day the tickets get released. With a lot of luck, I'll be at anfield before May! :D
      jacqqq
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2009 03:45:07 pm
      Hi again, Tixo.

Am very surprised to hear that the Norwegian Club has this policy of 'selling' the Anfield tickets with accomodation at over-inflated prices  >:( . A random check on the other international supporters club, I see that they do the same in the Netherlands (almost 250 euros  :o ). That's unfair cos the clubs in Australia, Hong Kong, Canada, the U.S. and even South Africa go strictly by the policy of "send us your application for tickets 8-10 weeks beforehand and we'll try to get our allocation of tickets via LFC at face value".

We are in the Far East. We missed the dateline for the Hull City match application by 2 weeks. We wrote to the Club President of our local chapter who said that they can't do anything after the dateline. There was no offer of sale of tickets + hotel package at daylight robbery prices whatsoever.

Don't give up, Tixo !!! Aim for the first day, first minute of the General Phone Sale !!!! Keep your eyes peeled on this forum for talks on the first day of sale - usually 18 days before match. CREDIT CARD HOTLINE: 0844 844 0844 (UK) - 00 44 (0) 870 220 2151 (Non UK only)

And then come back and let us know of the date you will be in Anfield !

p.s. Correction of my previous post. Aston Villa, Blackburn and Spurs are under Cat-A. My apologies !

misterbo
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Re: To all international fans and the rest of you as well
      Reply #27: Jan 28, 2009 08:33:25 pm
      Well! My first time on here. We are a family from Sweden with boys who are really into football and loves everything about PL and most of all Liverpool FC. That has sort of dragged in me and my wife as well. And here is where the ticket question comes in. It is hard to understand and really now how to go about. My wife surprised us all by buying tickets for the big match on sunday. She is that way - fast and gets things done. Most of the time the results of this is just great. But....this time she booked at something called smarthosptalitytickets.c om. After searching around and googling some on the net I'm quite sure its a scam. And they don't return our mails either. ... I don't think we will get any tickets delivered to the hotel. But of course I still hope.
      But I need a plan B! Where can we go to see the match in company of other redshirted and merry people? A friendly place where kids and teenagers are welcome. Any tips would be just great. Of cource it would be fun to soak in the atmosphere nere the Kop - but maybe there is pubs/sportbars at other locations that is nice? And by the way - what channel is the match on?
      All the best from
      Bo Carlsson, Ronnang
      I
      MsGerrard
      Reply #28: Jan 28, 2009 11:22:08 pm
      Well! My first time on here. We are a family from Sweden with boys who are really into football and loves everything about PL and most of all Liverpool FC. That has sort of dragged in me and my wife as well. And here is where the ticket question comes in. It is hard to understand and really now how to go about. My wife surprised us all by buying tickets for the big match on sunday. She is that way - fast and gets things done. Most of the time the results of this is just great. But....this time she booked at something called smarthosptalitytickets.c om. After searching around and googling some on the net I'm quite sure its a scam. And they don't return our mails either. ... I don't think we will get any tickets delivered to the hotel. But of course I still hope.
      But I need a plan B! Where can we go to see the match in company of other redshirted and merry people? A friendly place where kids and teenagers are welcome. Any tips would be just great. Of cource it would be fun to soak in the atmosphere nere the Kop - but maybe there is pubs/sportbars at other locations that is nice? And by the way - what channel is the match on?
      All the best from
      Bo Carlsson, Ronnang
      I

misterbo............I hope you get your tickets sorted for Sunday, and I hope you enjoy Liverpool and the Anfield atmosphere, make sure you get involved with the singing and cheer and shout for the lads.

If you are unsuccessful, there are several pubs around the ground most if not all with big screens that will be showing the match which will be live on Sky.

The Sandon which is literally a stones throw from Anfield at the kop end gets VERY busy but is also an excellent atmosphere.

Good Luck.
      jacqqq
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 29, 2009 03:57:09 am
      I just had a look at the ticketing website you mentioned above, Bo. Whoaaaa, 175 quid for a ticket in the away stand and 275 quid for slightly better seat !!!! Scary prices there !

Hope your boys will have a fantastic time at the game. If you have time, book them in for the Anfield tour the next day too. Our little one was absolutely chuffed he got to sit on Benitez's chair at one point of the tour.  ;D
      misterbo
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 29, 2009 01:20:03 pm

misterbo............I hope you get your tickets sorted for Sunday, and I hope you enjoy Liverpool and the Anfield atmosphere, make sure you get involved with the singing and cheer and shout for the lads.

If you are unsuccessful, there are several pubs around the ground most if not all with big screens that will be showing the match which will be live on Sky.

The Sandon which is literally a stones throw from Anfield at the kop end gets VERY busy but is also an excellent atmosphere.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the info - are kids welcome in all of the pubs? And will they actually be able to see the screens?
      All the best
      Bo
      MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Jan 29, 2009 01:44:21 pm
      Thanks for the info - are kids welcome in all of the pubs? And will they actually be able to see the screens?
      All the best
      Bo

You will definitely be able  to see the screens, they are pretty big, kids should be alright too especially if they are teenagers.

All the best.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #32: Feb 14, 2009 07:44:47 pm
      Maybe they should set up an international branch in Liverpool.

You know, give some of us a chance to get some tickets.

;D, we do have a international supporters club, merseyside branch, meetings are held normally the first monday of each month in the centenary stand
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #33: Feb 18, 2009 04:38:57 pm
      And I just paid $700 to see the Real Madrid game in Madrid. I'm going there totally blind, don't speak the language, don't know anyone, all I'm hoping for is a win on Tuesday
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #34: Feb 18, 2009 04:43:29 pm
      And I just paid $700 to see the Real Madrid game in Madrid. I'm going there totally blind, don't speak the language, don't know anyone, all I'm hoping for is a win on Tuesday

Thats not bad for flights, hotel and the match  ;)
      jacqqq
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #35: Feb 18, 2009 04:51:53 pm
      Wish I could be there !!! Enjoy !
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #36: Feb 19, 2009 04:11:24 pm
      Thats not bad for flights, hotel and the match  ;)

my sarcasm detector is bleeping again ;)
      Torres_the_great
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #37: Mar 13, 2009 02:17:21 pm
      I have booked my ticket from Australia to London (24hrs) on the 30th April and just got a ticket from London up to Liverpool on the 1st of May in time for the liverpool vs newcastle game. I have read its almost impossible to get tickets to a game if you dont have a fan card or membership which I dont have either but if anyone has a couple of spare tickets please let me know it would make my holiday. Send me email if anyone has some. I have never been to Anfield but heard its amazing, go the reds...  Cheers,

p.s i called the number but no exactly sure which buttons to press to get through to the right department...
      jacqqq
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #38: Mar 13, 2009 03:55:50 pm
      Calling the number now for the Liverpool vs Newcastle game won't work, mate. General sales only start 18 days before the match. Instructions are easy to follow if you're calling at the right time. So, you have to work out the date backwards from 2nd May (?) and drop by here regularly to check out the latest announcement.

I wouldn't say it is impossible to obtain tickets without a fan / PTS card. Just a bit of hard work. We did it in December.

Pre-book yourself an Anfield stadium tour too since you're heading that way.

Good luck.
      james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #39: Mar 13, 2009 04:25:29 pm
      when i phone up for tickets they start at 830am but now i start at 11am and always works 4 me.
      even when i start at 830 and i don't get on the lines till 11am anyway.
      has any other person had the same experience
      Torres_the_great
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #40: Mar 19, 2009 12:37:38 pm
      I take it the number would only be good if the tickets went on General Sale? Which is probably not the case as they will sell out before that...
      Salzano14
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #41: Mar 22, 2009 06:05:44 am
      I have a couple questions for you all -

I will be traveling to London at the end of May, and lo and behold, Liverpool will be at home on the 24th, while we are in the country!

I'm taking my girlfriend, and it will be just the two of us. We are certainly planning on going to Liverpool for the day on the 24th, and we'd like to get tickets to the match against Tottenham.

I have two questions:

1) What is a reasonable price to expect for rail from London to Liverpool for that day, and what would be my best option for getting rail tickets? and...

2) Exactly how good a chance do I have of getting tickets to the match if I call in at the earliest I am able, which appears to be the first day of the general sale?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: After doing some searching, it looks like the cheapest rail fares aren't even on sale yet. A couple weeks from now, I guess advance fares go on sale for Virgin Trains, for example. I'm still wondering about what the chances of the ticket sale for the Tottenham match going to a general sale. I don't know how often these games sell out beforehand.
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2009 06:45:02 am by Salzano14 »
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #42: Mar 24, 2009 10:19:55 am
      you will have to call the ticket line at 8:30 UK time on the day of the general sale, and just keep re-dialling, as it will constantly tell you all lines are busy and cut you off.  don't give up, just keep re-dialling.  you should get through eventually, but it could take a couple of hours.

the tickets will sell out on that day, so make sure you are ready on the phone!!

good luck!
      jacqqq
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #43: Mar 24, 2009 01:51:53 pm
      Agree with Redprint there.

Just keep dialling from the word 'go'. Be prepared to try and try again for more than a couple of hours. I spent just over 4 hours  ;D and got my share of tickets from 8,000 miles away .....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #44: Jun 29, 2009 01:43:18 pm
      I wonder if all LFC fan clubs are like the swedish branch, in ripping off there members charging a £100 a piece for tickets in the Kop or Centenary stand:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://www.liverpoolfc.nu/&ei=35ZISvSbAsTA-Qb1nNHFCA&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DLiverpool%2BSweden%2BSupporters%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
      jacqqq
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 29, 2009 04:25:53 pm
      Not in the Far East. We pay the face value of the tickets. Have to apply 2 months in advance.

Quick Reply