Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The opponents on Liverpool

Read 11550 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: The opponents on Liverpool
      Reply #23: Jan 14, 2009 05:11:04 pm
      Just when you think you can't hate someone any more than you already do, or believe that they could be more stupid than you thought they were... step up, Phil Neville!

What a load of garbage this guy talks - he's got his head so far up "Mr Ferguson's" arse he must be able to see the back of his tonsils. How can anyone think Fergie's constant mind games and undermining of other managers and referees is good for the game of football I'll never know! What an ignorant cock!  :f_steam:

Doesn't forget to pucker up and kiss SAF's ring with his last little comment about him being "the king" as well.  ::)

Even after whiskey F***ing kopped on and got rid of him he still pop over to manc to blow the flute of him.

The hatred I have towards him and that pox of a brother is more than I have towards manchester itself............. phew, glad i got that of me chest!  8)
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2009 05:26:41 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Posting in caps »
      torreschick
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      • This year is Liverpool's year!
      Liverpool victory "helps" United
      Reply #24: Feb 03, 2009 02:22:55 pm
      Paddy Crerand welcomed Liverpool's last-gasp win over Chelsea on Sunday.

Prior to the Anfield clash, Sir Alex Ferguson had joked, "I hope they both lose, that would be a good result." But although the Merseysiders later emerged with all three points, Paddy still feels it was a positive outcome.

"Liverpool winning didn't bother me," said Paddy, in his Monday night show on MUTV.

"I would have preferred a draw but the one thing I didn't want was a Chelsea win because I think they're a bigger threat. I think Chelsea are a better all-round side than Liverpool."

Optimistic fans of United's arch-rivals might point to a possible omen following Sunday's match, but Paddy won't be persuaded.

"There was a statistic on television, I think from Andy Gray (Sky Sports), that when Liverpool last did the double over Chelsea, they won the league. They've done it now this season but I honestly don't think Liverpool are a threat in the title race.

"The threat to United now is United themselves. Injuries and things like that are the only problem now. I fancy United strongly to win the league championship."

Crerand did concede, however, that United's lead at the top of the league table may not survive the coming weekend. On Saturday, Liverpool visit beleaguered Portsmouth, who haven't won a league game since 30 November. The champions could well be in second place, therefore, when kick-off comes around at Upton Park on Sunday.

"I think West Ham will be a very difficult match, we always find it difficult there," he added.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6626404
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 02:29:40 pm by JD, Reason: Put name in bold. »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Liverpool victory "helps" United
      Reply #25: Feb 03, 2009 02:28:17 pm
      Paddy who?

Clearly he didn't watch the game if he thinks Chelsea are a better all-round side than Liverpool.

Idiot.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Liverpool victory "helps" United
      Reply #26: Feb 03, 2009 02:28:32 pm
      And the mind-games commence.

Can't help thinking that Slur Alex put them up to writing this just to get back at us for what Rafa said.

Oh well, we'll show them at OT how much that victory "helped" them.
      torreschick
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      • This year is Liverpool's year!
      Reply #27: Feb 03, 2009 02:35:39 pm
      Thanks for editing and adding the source :)

Have no idea who that Paddy guy is. All I know is that he's either blind or an idiot, most probably both.

I'm sick of people saying Liverpool isn't a good enough team. Makes me want to smash someone's head on the wall... :mad: Figuratively speaking, of course :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #28: Feb 03, 2009 05:32:15 pm
      Thanks for editing and adding the source :)

Have no idea who that Paddy guy is. All I know is that he's either blind or an idiot, most probably both.

I'm sick of people saying Liverpool isn't a good enough team. Makes me want to smash someone's head on the wall... :mad: Figuratively speaking, of course :D

Paddy Crerand - an ex-manc from the 70s and a complete biased horrible tw*t with it.

Someone should point out to that daft tit, he might not care, but thousands of the sceptics do, you only have to watch a Man U match to see how much the Old Trafford faithful can't stop singing songs about us.

Plus I'm sure the arl c**t played in the team that got relegated - yeah lets remind every young milltown rat coming on here your bunch of inbred sh*te got relegated in 1974.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 05:45:31 pm by HUYTON RED »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #29: Feb 03, 2009 05:40:39 pm
      Plus I'm sure the arl c**t played in the team that got relegated - yeah lets remind every young milltown rat coming on here your bunch of inbred sh*te got relegated in 1974.

Thanks to a goal from former United favourite Dennis Law as well, who just happened to be playing for City at the time. Not a good year for United, what with them going down and us winning the FA Cup the same year.

As for that Paddy Creand, what a load of sh*te. Simple as that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #30: Feb 05, 2009 06:48:10 pm
      Madrid ace wants Gerrard fit http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_4898542,00.html
      Real defender keen to play against Reds skipper

Real Madrid defender Miguel Torres hopes Steven Gerrard will be available for Liverpool when the sides meet in the UEFA Champions League.

Gerrard suffered a hamstring injury during Wednesday's FA Cup defeat to Everton and is expected to be sidelined for three weeks.

Liverpool travel to the Bernabeu on 25th February for the first leg of their last 16 tie and there is a question mark over whether Gerrard will have recovered in time.

Torres accepts that Real's chances of victory may improve if Gerrard is not fit but he would like the opportunity to test himself against the midfielder.

"I don't know how badly he's injured but it's clear that if he doesn't play it would be an important absence for them," said Torres.

"But I think that in a Champions League game, what everyone wants to see is an entertaining match, and if Gerrard cannot play it would be bad

"If he doesn't play, he will be a big loss for the fans. Personally I really like this player and I would like to come up against him on the pitch.

"It would be good for the match if he recovers, but if not it will be good for Real Madrid because he is a key player for Liverpool."

Nice words from Torres. I hope he will be back till than. But I would not rush 'cos its better lose him for one more game than the rest of the season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Feb 11, 2009 04:58:00 pm
      Rafael - Reds running scared http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_4913767,00.html
      Dutchman thinks Liverpool are 'frightened' of Real Madrid

Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart believes that Liverpool will be scared when the two sides meet each other in the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League.

The Spanish giants face Liverpool in a clash between two of the most successful club sides in football history.

However, the Holland international thinks that Madrid will have a psychological advantage even before the first-leg kicks-off.

"We're Real Madrid, which is why I think Liverpool are frightened of us. We have great players. It's going to be a great tie," he told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"The team is working hard to be in perfect shape. We're anxious to do well in Europe, and if we end up as champions I will be capable of anything. I will do anything to win the Champions League."

F**k off Rafeal, we never are scared. After both matches you will eat your own sh*t.
      Come lfc beat this sh*t.
      kopfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts |
      Reply #32: Feb 11, 2009 05:02:57 pm
      Real Madrid are just playing mind game... we got to stay cool and focus.. we have two title to chase.. focus focus... mute the world outside Liverpool...
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #33: Feb 11, 2009 05:43:51 pm
      Scared of them? They're having a laugh! :D

It'll be nice to knock them out, first step on the road to taking their European Cup record off them. ;)
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #34: Feb 11, 2009 06:13:10 pm
      something tells me that a certain Fernando Torres has got them scared shitless. If Steve and Fernando are both on form who cant we beat home or away. Personally I think Rafa and the Spanish boys will be up for this as much as Stevie and Jamie are for the Derby.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #35: Feb 11, 2009 06:34:25 pm
      The fact that Real Madrid are saying we are scared of them, and that we haven't said anything suggests the contrary to what they are saying.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #36: Feb 11, 2009 07:44:33 pm
      something tells me that a certain Fernando Torres has got them scared shitless. If Steve and Fernando are both on form who cant we beat home or away. Personally I think Rafa and the Spanish boys will be up for this as much as Stevie and Jamie are for the Derby.

I'm sure Rafa won't say anything about being especially up for this match, it wouldn't be his style, but surely inside he will be fired up for it! And, as you say, our "Spanish Armada" will want to prove they're more than a match for Madrid, it should be an exceptional match!

Whilst Stevie is meant to be uncertain for this match, I sure he will be well aware of the possibility of returning for it, and will be trying all he can to get fully fit.

Our record speaks for itself - in the past five years we are the strongest side Europe has to offer in this competition, and I can't wait for us to prove it once more at Real's expense!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Feb 12, 2009 07:38:24 am
      Bring it on Rafael.....we're not the ones scared, you  :tosser:

Fernando will just love playing this one...so should every other player wearing a RED shirt. These are the ties we all dream of playing.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: Feb 12, 2009 08:14:21 am
       Real Madrid might of come out as the richest club in Europe so we have to come out and show them that richest is not best.With the first leg in Spain our Spanish lads will be out to win this game with pride and determination, and the rest of the squad will be suitably  wound up by RAFA to achieve success.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39: Feb 12, 2009 11:33:45 am
      Yeah, we're scared of lads who have lost in the first knockout round in 05/06, 06/07 and 07/08.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #40: Feb 12, 2009 01:13:29 pm
      Relax everybody. The mere fact he talks about being scared suggests he is the one afraid. They are an average side. We have knocked out far better teams the last few years solets just wait and enjoy the build up and then enjoy dancing on them!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #41: Feb 13, 2009 08:55:25 pm
      Just maintain that eerie silence. They keep looking over their shoulders, Ther's an uneasy feeling in Madrid just now,  They know the mighty reds are coming.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #42: Feb 24, 2009 10:51:14 am
      Arjen Robben, Real Madrid

“I prefer to play Manchester United or Arsenal, because Liverpool are not a team who know how to play good football. They are very physical, they work and run a lot and they are tactically very well prepared.”

Ugly dwarf b***ard.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #43: Feb 24, 2009 11:12:44 am
      Yeah he would prefer to play them becasue he knows he has a chance against them.What can you expect from a guy who has already lost twice to us in this competetion when he was in Engalnd.

We would also prefer to play a team which does not boast of a disgusting actor.Right Reina?
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #44: Feb 24, 2009 11:48:40 am
      How does booing help I really dont understand it nor do I understand slagging of players. Cant remember anyone improving after a good slagging off. Dont think Shankly used it as a motivational weapon either.If your lucky enough to go the game then support the team thats what you are there for.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #45: Feb 24, 2009 12:30:35 pm
      John I agree with your comments but I think they are in the wrong thread.

Back on topic...Robben you are nothing but a pathetic diver I still wish Reina actually took your head off in that act that  got your oscar nomination.

Quick Reply