Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Does this fan's opinion depress you as much as it does me?

Read 7290 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Does this fan's opinion depress you as much as it does me?
      Reply #46: Nov 12, 2008 08:11:22 pm
      What an idiot i mean, sure i will be first to admit that there are some areas of concern in the team, "some" being the vital word there. Left, ok Dossena, poor player in my honest opinion, Aurelio is good when he is fit however. Put it this way, united won the league with Wes Brown at right back last season, so it shows not every member of a team needs to considered "top class" Keane i have never been a fan of, but he scored 2 in his last outing and fair play to him i really hope he makes me change my opinion. Other than that there isn't a player that springs to mind. He mentions Voronin rather bizzarly, Yossi who is hardly a first team regular and again bizzarly mentions Hyypia, Skrtel and Agger, 3 CB's who would start for more teams than not are... average. To be honest mate this tit sounds like a WUM, i refuse to accept that there is a liverpool fan out there of the age of a featus who is that idiotic
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #47: Nov 12, 2008 09:13:16 pm
      WTF? why the fuss? isn't a forum the place where you can "supposedly" express your views? regardless of what those views may be? If this guy can depress you this easy Paul maybe your in the wrong business. Ignore it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #48: Nov 12, 2008 10:04:49 pm
      God help Mr Tomkins after tonight......  ;)
      Paul Tomkins
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith
      • Started Topic

• 60 posts | 11 
      • Mr Brightside
      Reply #49: Nov 12, 2008 10:11:59 pm
      WTF? why the fuss? isn't a forum the place where you can "supposedly" express your views? regardless of what those views may be? If this guy can depress you this easy Paul maybe your in the wrong business. Ignore it.

It wasn't on a forum, it was in an email. I made his views a talking point. On a forum. I.e. this one.

And it doesn't "depress" me in the proper sense, obviously, I just find it worrying that a Liverpool fan can have views on undoubted quality players that is so skewed. Can I not express that opinion, on a forum, where we can "supposedly" express our views? I guess my point was more along the lines of how opinions can actually be bullshit; like the opinion that Hyypia, Agger, Skrtel, et al, are bad buys.

As for ignoring it, why didn't you just ignore this thread? Y'know, if it's so worthless  ;)   :P

As for me being in the wrong business, I've been in it long enough, and had more than my share of praise, criticism and the ramblings of the insane, to last a lifetime, but I keep going, thanks all the same  ;)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #50: Nov 12, 2008 10:14:03 pm
      Well said Paul. :)
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #51: Nov 12, 2008 10:28:05 pm
      oops my bad re: forum/e-mail, isn't it great though that we can express our views without reprisal ;)
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #52: Nov 12, 2008 10:33:09 pm
      ....as long as they don't differ from yours hey!
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #53: Nov 26, 2008 05:29:43 pm
      While I agree that this guy is a bit of a knobhead I also think that the act of publishing his e-mail with a view to publicly ridiculing him is a bit of a lowlife act.

It's OK Paul. Bask in the glory of the majority of replies here who think it is OK to ridicule and humiliate someone and even say it is great that someone attacked the guy.

And, as usual, go ahead and rip into the few who disagree with you. Typical of your MO mate.

I often disagreed with you in the past but retained respect for you...with this thread my respect is dying away rapidly...not that you will care a darn about my opinion of course...why should you?

Quick Reply