Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

RIP Crazy Horse 09.11.2004

Read 4291 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: RIP Crazy Horse 09.11.2004
      Reply #23: Nov 10, 2008 07:37:50 am
      Emlyn Hughes rates as one of my all time greats that wore the red shirt of LIVERPOOL  with so much pride and enthusiasm.I can still remember Shanks signing him from Blackpool for a record fee of 65000 quid and he was a bargain.There was nothing better than watching Emlyn go on a run ( arms and shoulders all over the place ) and the smile on his face when he scored will never be forgotten.It should be remembered that the cup that eluded Emlyn was the old milk cup and if my memory serves me correct he won it in his first season at Wolves.Thanks for the memories Emlyn,you will never be forgotten.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: Nov 11, 2008 06:48:15 am
      I cannot believe that a player of Emlyns standing and incredible service to Liverpool Football Club onlly attracted 23 posts.To any one who never had the fortune to see Emlyn play you do not know what you missed,he played flat out for the full 90 minutes and never let his head drop.A true RED and a gentleman,never to be forgotten by this old poster.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #25: Nov 11, 2008 08:53:17 pm
      Emlyn Hughes rates as one of my all time greats that wore the red shirt of LIVERPOOL  with so much pride and enthusiasm.I can still remember Shanks signing him from Blackpool for a record fee of 65000 quid and he was a bargain.There was nothing better than watching Emlyn go on a run ( arms and shoulders all over the place ) and the smile on his face when he scored will never be forgotten.It should be remembered that the cup that eluded Emlyn was the old milk cup and if my memory serves me correct he won it in his first season at Wolves.Thanks for the memories Emlyn,you will never be forgotten.
      Great shout Billy1, I was also priveleged to see him play from the kop, a great player and a great personality, RIP Emlyn you'll never walk alone.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Nov 11, 2008 10:37:00 pm
      YNWA Crazy Horse

A true gent on and off the pitch.

Sadly missed
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,382 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: Nov 11, 2008 11:29:41 pm
      I cannot believe that a player of Emlyns standing and incredible service to Liverpool Football Club onlly attracted 23 posts.To any one who never had the fortune to see Emlyn play you do not know what you missed,he played flat out for the full 90 minutes and never let his head drop.A true RED and a gentleman,never to be forgotten by this old poster.

Billy1 have no fear Emlyn might have only got 23 posts here but that is no slight on him. Im sure every red on here knows what he done for Liverpool even lads like me too young to see him in the flesh understand what a legend he is
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #28: Nov 12, 2008 07:54:38 am
      Billy1 have no fear Emlyn might have only got 23 posts here but that is no slight on him. Im sure every red on here knows what he done for Liverpool even lads like me too young to see him in the flesh understand what a legend he is
      Brian I did not mean to convey that the number of posts was a slight on Emlyn, I tried to give an insight into what a great player Emlyn was for our club for the benefit of posters who were not lucky enough to see him play.I consider myself very fortunate to have seen a lot of good L.F.C  players over the years from the likes of Billy Liddell ,Bob Paisley etc.P.S. I have also seen some bad ones,less said about those the better.Cheers.
      ian92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #29: Nov 12, 2008 01:35:38 pm
      Unfortunately I'm not old enough to have seen Emlyn play, my Mum and Dad spoke highly of him and my Dad was fortunate to get a signed photo of him.

From what I have seen of him in the footage he looked a great player and is sadly missed by the fans of our club.

YNWA Emlyn
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #30: Nov 26, 2008 05:42:34 pm
      Emlyn was my hero when I was a kid. For kickabouts in the park I often wore a full replica kit with the #6 on the back, I even tied my socks up with those kind of fancy tapes with the ends showing that he used to use.

For me Emmer embodied everything that was good about football in general and Liverpool FC in particular. He was talented (much better than most people give him credit for) but it was his absolute commitment that made him a fans' favourite.

I'm not ashamed to say that I cried when I heard he'd died. It felt like a part of me had died too.

Great player, great guy. RIP Emlyn, you are missed.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #31: Nov 26, 2008 07:54:13 pm
      Bunch of us met the great man on our yearly golfing trip up and around the Moray Firth , .
      We all stay in Edinburgh so to see  Emlyn up in a Granton On Spey Golf Club was  a great surprise , a few football questions answered and he went back to his company . Nothing to much bother a laugh and a smile .
      To be honest I was a bit star struck to tell you the truth , it was the first time I met one of my heroes .
      RIP Emlyn

Quick Reply