Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

We are top of the league!

Read 431520 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3887: Feb 25, 2020 10:20:57 am
      Top of lots of Leagues it seems

Only saw clips of this on the internet but was there a reason they haven't included Pep's Man City?

I know they said they were doing it over a 3 year period & they finished 4th in 2017 without a trophy, but I'd have thought their back to back titles over the last two seasons with 198 points, and throwing in the domestic haul they managed last year - surely that should get them at least onto the list?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #3888: Feb 25, 2020 10:25:21 am
      Only saw clips of this on the internet but was there a reason they haven't included Pep's Man City?

I know they said they were doing it over a 3 year period & they finished 4th in 2017 without a trophy, but I'd have thought their back to back titles over the last two seasons with 198 points, and throwing in the domestic haul they managed last year - surely that should get them at least onto the list?

Disqualified? Obviously you wouldn’t put Lance Armstrong on the list of past TDF winners?  :f_tongueincheek:  >:D :f_steam: :lmao:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3889: Feb 25, 2020 10:49:50 am
      Disqualified? Obviously you wouldn’t put Lance Armstrong on the list of past TDF winners?  :f_tongueincheek:  >:D :f_steam: :lmao:

Was that the actual reason?  :lmao:

ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #3890: Feb 25, 2020 01:10:18 pm

Only those guys who came up with the table would know the real reason. "Conveniently left out" would be hilarious as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3891: Feb 25, 2020 01:25:26 pm
      Quite right that paisleys team was top of that league.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3892: Feb 25, 2020 02:33:41 pm
      Only those guys who came up with the table would know the real reason. "Conveniently left out" would be hilarious as well.

I think it was because this is the third year but its not over yet, so if City were to win CL, Fa Cup and League cup this year and are runners up in the league then over the last 3 years they would have 21 points in total, same as us if we win the League FA Cup and retain CL this season and remember that this is only really the second great year we are having, our possible total points may well be even higher at the end of next season.
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2020 02:41:52 pm by heimdall »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #3893: Feb 25, 2020 02:41:49 pm
      It was only 2 months ago that everyone was preparing the Leicester v Liverpool game as some kind of title race clash as Leicester might be able to overtake us.

Just looked at the table and they're nearly 30 points behind us!

They meant overtake us on the M1 in the team bus I think. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8606 
      Reply #3894: Feb 25, 2020 02:43:16 pm
      if City win their games Palace would be our first chance if we win our games. Winning at Anfield with Roy in the away team dugout shows just how far we have come since those dark dark days. 

Depends on how we get on in the cup.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8606 
      Reply #3895: Feb 25, 2020 02:44:52 pm
      I’ve come across many comments outside of here saying how poor we’ve been playing. Honestly I do not know what is a poor performance anymore. Scrappy goal? Miscued shot? Poor header? VAR? Who cares?

It’s just three points each and every single match. If they’d like it, we won the league while playing poorly. We were piss poor and everyone else we played were world class.

By the way, one of these people I came across was and still is Martin f**king Tyler.

Last night was a poor performance. I suppose the term would be under-par
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #3896: Feb 25, 2020 02:47:39 pm
      I  just saw a video in my Facebook feed from the LFC account that this year's Hillsborough service will be the final one.  It mentioned that they wanted to make last year the final service, but decided against it because of the ongoing trial.  So, April 15th 2020 will be the final service with the hope that the families and loved ones can finally move on.  It seems a little poetic that we will almost certainly be Champions for the first time since the tragedy when the final service takes place.  I don't believe in fate, but there is certainly a degree of irony about the timing of it all. 

Regardless of the success of the team, I hope the families, loved ones, and those affected by the tragedy can find peace and move on. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #3897: Feb 25, 2020 02:50:07 pm
      We obviously are playing very very well, backed up my a superb defence, midfield and attack, but I can count on one hand the number of times this season where I've gone wow. We are just incredibly steady, professional and patient in our play with an almost cult like belief in our abilities. I would also say that we have had a good chunk of fortune along the way, for example the game yesterday where 2 of the goals were goalkeeper blunders, but as the saying goes we have earned that luck, we certainly had f**k all last season when we went 14 games unbeaten only for City to go 18!

I'm thinking goal keeper or defensive blunders, aren't just down to luck.
      In the last 15 mins of a game, they must be  thinking,  'Oh no, here they come again' They must get anxious as F**k,  nervous, and pre thinking,
      " mustn't F**k up here, mustn't F**k up here"  And then they do. Because they're human, and you cant be 100% on it when you're under a constant barrage. Our lads make occasional mistakes or blunders, when the opposition only have the ball for 30% of the game. It must seem like a relentless tide coming at you for the other lot.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,661 posts | 6959 
      Reply #3898: Feb 25, 2020 02:51:54 pm

Assuming Man City finish second this season they would have 13 points (2017-20).

Assuming Liverpool win the league this season they would have 14 points (2017-20).

Still obviously a couple of cups to play for this season.  But yeah, basically if we only win the league this year, Klopp's team are above Kendall's Everton and Mourinho's Chelsea.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #3899: Feb 25, 2020 02:52:24 pm

But they CHEATED! Doesn't count. ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3900: Feb 25, 2020 02:59:26 pm

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Reply #3901: Feb 25, 2020 10:14:01 pm
      wow we have now 26 wins the same what arsenal invincible's got
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3902: Feb 26, 2020 08:39:45 pm

That's why I think breaking the season record for points and wins are more important accomplishments than going undefeated. Arsenal were a great team, but they just had so many draws.

Of course breaking all three would be alright... :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3903: Feb 26, 2020 10:56:40 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3904: Feb 27, 2020 09:13:17 am

Were better than them. They never won in Europe (or the world) and they had loads of draws. ;)
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 102 
      Reply #3905: Feb 28, 2020 08:17:21 am
      theyre talking about banning large public gatherings now...what if Coronas fu**ed things up?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3906: Feb 28, 2020 09:12:22 am
      theyre talking about banning large public gatherings now...what if Coronas fu**ed things up?

How would it, the games can still be played, there just wouldn't be any crowds, it would be like playing one of those eastern European sides who always seem to have a stadium ban.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3907: Feb 28, 2020 09:19:28 am
      How would it, the games can still be played, there just wouldn't be any crowds, it would be like playing one of those eastern European sides who always seem to have a stadium ban.

Business as usual for City then!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3908: Feb 28, 2020 11:03:51 am

He might be talking about trophy parades, but we're not even in March yet and that will be in May/June so it might well be that the outbreak is over by then. Supposedly Covid 19 prefers cooler weather, so as it warms up in the Northern Hemisphere (where most of the cases are) that could weaken it massively.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3909: Feb 28, 2020 11:11:47 am
      He might be talking about trophy parades, but we're not even in March yet and that will be in May/June so it might well be that the outbreak is over by then. Supposedly Covid 19 prefers cooler weather, so as it warms up in the Northern Hemisphere (where most of the cases are) that could weaken it massively.

Its already slowing down apparently.

Quick Reply