Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

We are top of the league!

Read 429185 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #92: Dec 22, 2008 10:07:24 pm
      So interesting. This must be our year.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #93: Dec 22, 2008 10:11:20 pm
      And Robbie Keane kept us there ...................You couldnt right the script ..............Its a Fairytale
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #94: Dec 22, 2008 10:11:58 pm
      get in there
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #95: Dec 22, 2008 10:12:20 pm
      Haha I just got into work and saw the result I can not wipe the smile off my face!

The besT Christmas present I could ever have imagined...absolutely chuffed now its all back in our hands now lets get in there!

Cheers blue sh*te they actually outplayed them and deserved a win!

Woooooohooooooooo  ??? ??? ??? :) ??? :) ??? ??? :) :) :)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #96: Dec 22, 2008 10:13:34 pm
      And Robbie Keane kept us there ...................You couldnt right the script ..............Its a Fairytale

Exactly what i was thinking :)

Just a reminder of why we are still there ^  ;)

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,397 posts | 2823 
      Reply #97: Dec 22, 2008 10:14:09 pm
      So interesting. This must be our year.

I hope so.

Tis' the season to be jolly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #98: Dec 22, 2008 10:38:36 pm
      The blues could of took all three points.

By hook or by crook we are going to win the league this season!

Happy Christmas :)
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #99: Dec 22, 2008 10:38:44 pm
      Exactly what I was thinking :)

Just a reminder of why we are still there ^  ;)

Really loved the celebration!!!!!!!
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #100: Dec 22, 2008 10:41:38 pm
      *Tips hat to the Bitters*... (Can't beleive i actually did that)..
      Its definitely a statement to the other considered top 3, we're in this scrap till the end.. YNWA!!!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #101: Dec 22, 2008 10:48:20 pm
      Can I just say We are top at Christmassssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss, am now going mad cause im sooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo           happpppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppp pyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyy

Great work done so far enjoy christmas,then go win the league. YNWA
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #102: Dec 22, 2008 11:37:14 pm
      In all fairness, we have to thank Everton for that. They did us a favour, and by the sounds of it, they did it well.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #103: Dec 22, 2008 11:38:12 pm
      and enjoy it more come the end of the season when we win it sound good to me
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #104: Dec 22, 2008 11:46:11 pm
      every team who has been top at christmas has won the league in the last 4 years

but

this year it is closer than ever,

but

this year the top 4 teams have become normal.... i think villa will beat arsenal and everton to forth place, will people speak of villa as a top 4 team then...maybe not.

lets just enjoy this moment, my hunch is we WILL win the league, and im often correct, but we REALLY must start playing better to start a gap up and gain confidence.....we could do with a spare striker in january, or lets give nemeth or pacheco a go
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #105: Dec 23, 2008 12:48:08 am
      lets just enjoy this moment, my hunch is we WILL win the league, and im often correct

And ever so modest! ;)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #106: Dec 23, 2008 01:16:28 am
      every team who has been top at christmas has won the league in the last 4 years

Arsenal were top last year and didn't win the league :D

3 out of the last 4 is still darn good odds but we will have to be better in the second half of the season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #107: Dec 23, 2008 01:56:17 am
      I cannot believe what is happening this season. Its the stars, positioning of the planets, the moon's revolution i have no bloody clue but i'm stoked we're top even though i dont know how!

That would have been the worst point they've earned against a top 4 team deep down for all of them knowing they're helping us to the title :D

Fantastic!
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #108: Dec 23, 2008 02:59:10 am

Once again, Liverpool remain top, and thanks to an unlikely source in the form of Evertons efforts to hold Chelsea. It is looking more and more like a much lower points tally will be required to win the league this season, with no dominant force coming to the fore.
      In complete contrast to the past 4 years where everyone has been complaining about the dominance of the big 4, this year it seems the big 4 are more vulnerable than ever. An interesting aside is to look at which teams the big 4 have dropped points against so far.

Liverpool

Aston Villa
      Stoke
      Tottenham
      Fulham
      Westham
      Hull
      Arsenal
      -----------------------

Chelsea

Tottenham
      Man Utd
      Liverpool
      Newcastle
      Arsenal
      Westham
      Everton
      ----------------------------------
      Man Utd

Newcastle
      Liverpool
      Chelsea
      Everton
      Arsenal
      Aston Villa
      Tottenham
      --------------------------------
      Arsenal

Fulham
      Hull
      Sunderland
      Tottenham
      SToke
      Aston Villa
      Man City
      Liverpool
      Middlesborough

A pattern seems to be emerging that Liverpool and Arsenal are having more trouble against unfashionable sides, whereas Man Utd and Chelsea are having trouble with the bigger clubs.
      For years observers have been saying that Liverpools main problem is lack of points against the big four, and now it appears the trend is in reverse.
      All 3 points against lower sides must now become the priority if this title is to be won. The odd win against the big four wont do any harm either. 

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #109: Dec 23, 2008 03:18:56 am
      This season looks like its going to be a long bumpy ride, to maintain our lead with three consecutive draws, wow, it is absolutely amazing, but I am not complaining.  Yes, we could have had a lead, but hey at the beginning of the season would I not of have settled for top spot at Christmas.  So for me as long as we are there I couldn't give a hell about how we are there! 
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #110: Dec 23, 2008 04:22:58 am
      This is the best season I remember. Looks like there's going to be a proper title race, loads of teams that could down, surprise promoted packages, a team that looks like it could break the top four, any team can pick up points anywhere and Liverpool top at Christmas without even nearly hitting top form!

Although I kind of expect things to turn normal again in the new year and I think everyone would agree we need to start playing much better if we're going to win the league, Chelsea and United won't keep the pre-Christmas form going for long so we'll have to get our act together soon. But the main thing to consider and saviour right now is that we're in control of where the title ends up in May
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #111: Dec 23, 2008 04:28:38 am
      This is the best season I remember. Looks like there's going to be a proper title race, loads of teams that could down, surprise promoted packages, a team that looks like it could break the top four, any team can pick up points anywhere and Liverpool top at Christmas without even nearly hitting top form!

Although I kind of expect things to turn normal again in the new year and I think everyone would agree we need to start playing much better if we're going to win the league, Chelsea and United won't keep the pre-Christmas form going for long so we'll have to get our act together soon. But the main thing to consider and saviour right now is that we're in control of where the title ends up in May

Mate, we're just waiting for Torres to come back and regain his form then we may be able to put more pressure on our rivals.  I just found out about the Chelsea result a few hours ago as I just felt that they weren't going to drop point three times on the bounce, I couldn't watch the game and dreaded looking at the table expecting them to be top, couldn't believe it, mate.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #112: Dec 23, 2008 04:39:28 am
      Mate, we're just waiting for Torres to come back and regain his form then we may be able to put more pressure on our rivals.  I just found out about the Chelsea result a few hours ago as I just felt that they weren't going to drop point three times on the bounce, I couldn't watch the game and dreaded looking at the table expecting them to be top, couldn't believe it, mate.

Yeah I agree, Torres is absolutely key to our challenge. I think once he gets back to form and if we keep our away form we can start to open up a gap. With him back there'll be far less of these 0-0 draws at home, the massive majority of his goals last season came at home. Fingers crossed the time missed hasn't affected him too much.

Ha was delighted with that result too. Not often I celebrate a good result for the bitters but that Christmas turkey is going to taste much nicer now!
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #113: Dec 23, 2008 06:45:53 am
      Yeah...we're still on top at Christmas...wooohooo!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #114: Dec 23, 2008 08:04:58 am
      Stevie is not playing at all well, Robbie is nowhere near his potential, and Torres is injured, nevertheless we still lead the Prem!
      It all bodes well for the new year. Any two off the above coming back on song and I think we can make a determined challenge this campain.
      I think all we require now is a drop of luck and a following wind!
       :)IRWT  :)

Quick Reply