Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

We are top of the league!

Read 425517 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1058: Aug 13, 2018 02:33:49 pm
      One thing is fairly clear already, it will be us or Citeh, Arsenal look in disarray and Chelsea were made to look good by a dreadful Huddersfield who I think will fight it out with Cardiff for bottom place. Manure looked ok, but I think Maureen is the issue there and Spurs are Spurs.

It's simple, just be the better team. We only need 37 wins. We  already did did 500 wins, so just 37 wins is target. :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #1059: Aug 13, 2018 02:38:34 pm
      Yeah but you said we'd struggle against West Ham yesterday so I'll take anything at this moment in time.

It was a struggle staying seated.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1060: Aug 13, 2018 08:51:18 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Some will say City's win today was much more impressive - away to Arsenal. And they would be right.

Who said that? Name one of them. 

Funny because when we got 3 points there on opening day 2 years ago, all anyone cared about was not that we won the game, or scored loads of goals (which helped us beat them to European Cup qualification by one point) but how many they scored past us. As was the case when we went there last year and brought home a point. 

Everyone has to improve to compete with City. At least we're capable of it. Many of our rivals are not quite so lucky.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1061: Aug 13, 2018 09:54:34 pm
      Is just me but city have lot easy games next few weeks while we play spurs Chelsea Leinster city away before we play city at home,l see city win all games so if lose one or two games could be under pressure win against city at home
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1062: Aug 13, 2018 10:19:30 pm
      Is just me but city have lot easy games next few weeks while we play spurs Chelsea Leinster city away before we play city at home,l see city win all games so if lose one or two games could be under pressure win against city at home

We'll win all those games and beat city!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1063: Aug 13, 2018 11:21:16 pm
      How are yeah my old Aussie mate.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  You missed me during close season.  :lmao: Kills me to say it but you cu*ts look good this year.  ;D At worse you'll finish runners up this season but stated on another thread you'll win your first Trophy in 10 years ( had to get that in (  :f_whistle:  ;D )) Im leading towards the FA Cup purely on the basis I just can't see pass the blue side of Manchester  :( which isn't very big anyway  ;D

Looking forward to our rants/raves/banter over the next 10 months again.  ;D

F**k off Keith, you still here?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1064: Aug 15, 2018 12:15:06 am
      Keith's a glutton for punishment .............. aren't you mate ? ;D
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #1065: Aug 15, 2018 12:31:21 am
      For me the point is not that we are in front now. The point is that we looked sharper and more vertical against WHU which promises a lot against weaker 'bus parking' teams as well as top teams. How often did we see a boring horizonzal ball movement last season? Now we look deadlier. Will it be enough? It probably will depend which team has more injury luck down the stretch. I definitely think this team can win the triple for several years IF healthy.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1066: Aug 15, 2018 12:47:27 am
      Still think same last season city got easy run fixtures come up, so their win them all,while we got touch away games could go two ways win them and l believe we could win league,or lose them all good bye premier league for other year,l like easy run games start,
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1067: Aug 15, 2018 07:52:22 am
      Quote from lreland
      Is just me but if lose one or two games could be under pressure win against city at home

"We Are Top Of The League Say
      ,We Are Top Of The League"

Quote from lreland
      so we got touch away games could lose them all good bye premier league for other year

"We Are Top Of The League Say
      ,We Are Top Of The League"
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1068: Aug 15, 2018 03:24:12 pm

Lighten up and enjoy the moment. No point looking at run of fixtures, anyone can beat anyone nowadays and you can only take it one game at a time. Concentrate on us, not what’s going on with teams around us, I’m not interested in the fixtures City have, just when we play them and tw*t them for a 5th and 6th time running.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1069: Aug 15, 2018 05:48:35 pm
      DeBruyne undergoing examination for possible knee ligament damage.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #1070: Aug 15, 2018 06:34:18 pm

Devestating for them that isn't it.

Kind of like us losing Mo.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #1071: Aug 15, 2018 06:37:27 pm

I like KDB, but F**k em. I hope it’s shredded. I want the league title, and him out for a long period of time helps us get that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1072: Aug 15, 2018 09:34:27 pm
      I like KDB, but f**k em. I hope it’s shredded. I want the league title, and him out for a long period of time helps us get that.

I want to win without needing someone's top players to be injured (and we don't). Don't agree with the "hope it's shredded" sentiment at all.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1073: Aug 15, 2018 09:40:33 pm
      Lighten up and enjoy the moment. No point looking at run of fixtures, anyone can beat anyone nowadays and you can only take it one game at a time. Concentrate on us, not what’s going on with teams around us, I’m not interested in the fixtures City have, just when we play them and tw*t them for a 5th and 6th time running.
      Next 7 games will see us playing Tottenham (4th game), Chelsea(6th Game), Manchester City(7th game) Winning these games will go a long way towards winning the title and and putting a dent in Chelsea's and City's hope of doing so, but of course you are right; it is one game at a time
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #1074: Aug 15, 2018 10:27:13 pm
      I want to win without needing someone's top players to be injured (and we don't). Don't agree with the "hope it's shredded" sentiment at all.

Obviously it was a joke. However, I’m a realist. Him being out worsens them. How much? Who knows!!! I like KDB a lot, probably as much as I like any non LFC PL player, but him out helps us. If Salah or Kieta got sidelined you better believe their fans would feel more secure of their place at the top.

I have said since mid summer that we win the league, and I wholeheartedly believe it. With KDB healthy or not our attack is to much and our squad is deep enough now to handle multiple competitions. But with him out our chances increase, and that’s fine by me.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1075: Aug 15, 2018 10:53:29 pm
      Obviously it was a joke. However, I’m a realist. Him being out worsens them. How much? Who knows!!! I like KDB a lot, probably as much as I like any non LFC PL player, but him out helps us. If Salah or Kieta got sidelined you better believe their fans would feel more secure of their place at the top.

I have said since mid summer that we win the league, and I wholeheartedly believe it. With KDB healthy or not our attack is to much and our squad is deep enough now to handle multiple competitions. But with him out our chances increase, and that’s fine by me.

It's not a nice thing to say about an opposition player, but I agree.

If he's injured they lose a very potent weapon.
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #1076: Aug 15, 2018 11:09:53 pm
      It's not a nice thing to say about an opposition player, but I agree.

If he's injured they lose a very potent weapon.

But they are not a one man team. Sorry if KDB has ligament damage.Might wish it on one or two but not that lad but it won't ruin their defence of the title.

I would want us to win it by our own brilliance and the level we reach will determine our final position.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #1077: Aug 15, 2018 11:20:55 pm
      But they are not a one man team. Sorry if KDB has ligament damage.Might wish it on one or two but not that lad but it won't ruin their defence of the title.

I would want us to win it by our own brilliance and the level we reach will determine our final position.

I do too, but I’ll take it ANYWAY I can get it. You are right, they aren’t a one man team. They will be fine, but they won’t be the same. You don’t lose a TOP player and not get impacted.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #1078: Aug 16, 2018 12:09:39 am
      F**k me lads, we're top of the league after the first game of the season only and there are still 37 games to go :D

Speaking about KdB, he's or at least, he was a Liverpool fans too. I've seen a video that his idol was M. Owen. It's a pity that he doesn't play for us...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1079: Aug 16, 2018 02:47:11 am
      F**k me lads, we're top of the league after the first game of the season only and there are still 37 games to go :D

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #1080: Aug 16, 2018 06:40:23 am

I agree mate, I’ll take any advantage we get. I’m not interested in a dick swinging contest with City, I’m more concerned with winning this league.

Quick Reply