Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 428109 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1265: Dec 09, 2018 12:56:23 pm
      We may not win the league, City are a very, very good team with a very, very good manager backed up by a far wealthier owner than us. But under Klopp, we are showing continued progress for the first time in what, twelve years? As I said, we may not win the league but if we run City all the way to the finishing line and are ahead of the chasing pack, regardless of silverware it has to be considered a good season.

It will be interesting to see if the loss yesterday will affect Citeh, probably not to much but it is a little chink in the armour and Chelsea showed how to beat them, so perhaps other teams can learn a bit from that. The other factor is that it looks like we are getting our mojo back now, finally, and if we can carry that on and stay fairly injury free then we have a good chance of winning the league.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1266: Dec 09, 2018 06:34:11 pm
      Top of the F***ing League. This is despite the fact that we're playing well below par, apparently, and despite the fact that City are F***ing untouchable, apparently.

And every F***ing c**t is trying to find excuses as to why we're top. We're top because we're the best F***ing club in the world. We've ground out results that we probably shouldn't of got. And if any other club had ground out those same results it'd be "the sign of champions" we do it and we're "lucky". Klopp runs onto the pitch to celebrate a goal and every c**t wants him hung drawn and quartered, Pochettino runs down the touchline to assist in the Spurs/Arsenal melee and he's applauded. Those same cu*ts say that players shouldn't be punished for showing emotion when they take their shirts off for scoring an important goal, Klopp shows emotion for us scoring a goal and it's wrong.

You can guarantee that with the January window round the corner, every headline will be Salah leaving in the best desire to derail our charge on the League Title.

They're all F***ing shitting themselves that we could actually have finally got it right after all these years. Every F***ing c**t in the media is desperate to see us lose and laugh at us again.

"Suddenly we have a title chase on" because we've gone top. If City didn't lose at Stamford Bridge, then the title chase is over I suppose? Because as long as City were top, the League was theirs. There was talk of them going unbeaten, whereas we're not even in that conversation. Someone needs to remind cu*ts like Paul Merson that it's Liverpool who are actually unbeaten, not Man City.

"Well they've only beaten Burnley, Bournemouth, Everton" was the latest one somebody said (apparently, I was told it by a lad in work). Funny because last year it was those games that we were slaughtered for not winning by these same F***ing pricks. These were the games that prevented us going onto win the League. Now we are winning those games and it's "only Burnley" or "only Bournemouth". Well you can only beat what's in front of you. And we have F***ing beaten them - City haven't.

"Liverpool's defence is F***ing sh*t" (I'm paraphrasing there). Well we've addressed that issues with the best defence in the whole F***ing League. And the defence that we've primarily used is a kid from West Derby, some kid from Charlton who cost three and a half million and a Scot from Hull who cost us eight mill. Hardly the world's ends. Fair do's they're accompanied by the world's most expensive defender and second most expensive keeper. But three out of your back four costing a combined total of just over ten mill in today's world is F***ing astonishing. Also we're top of the League because we've got a Scot in our side, we always do well with Scots (Charlie F***ing Adam aside)

It's any F***ing thing to try and derail us. It's up to Klopp and the boys to just keep getting on with our business. F**k the neigh-sayers. F**k the critics. F**k the people who are only happy when they can F**k us over.

We're gonna win the League!!!
      +13
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,704 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1267: Dec 09, 2018 07:26:54 pm
      Top of the F***ing League. This is despite the fact that we're playing well below par, apparently, and despite the fact that City are F***ing untouchable, apparently.

And every F***ing c**t is trying to find excuses as to why we're top. We're top because we're the best F***ing club in the world. We've ground out results that we probably shouldn't of got. And if any other club had ground out those same results it'd be "the sign of champions" we do it and we're "lucky". Klopp runs onto the pitch to celebrate a goal and every c**t wants him hung drawn and quartered, Pochettino runs down the touchline to assist in the Spurs/Arsenal melee and he's applauded. Those same cu*ts say that players shouldn't be punished for showing emotion when they take their shirts off for scoring an important goal, Klopp shows emotion for us scoring a goal and it's wrong.

You can guarantee that with the January window round the corner, every headline will be Salah leaving in the best desire to derail our charge on the League Title.

They're all F***ing shitting themselves that we could actually have finally got it right after all these years. Every F***ing c**t in the media is desperate to see us lose and laugh at us again.

"Suddenly we have a title chase on" because we've gone top. If City didn't lose at Stamford Bridge, then the title chase is over I suppose? Because as long as City were top, the League was theirs. There was talk of them going unbeaten, whereas we're not even in that conversation. Someone needs to remind cu*ts like Paul Merson that it's Liverpool who are actually unbeaten, not Man City.

"Well they've only beaten Burnley, Bournemouth, Everton" was the latest one somebody said (apparently, I was told it by a lad in work). Funny because last year it was those games that we were slaughtered for not winning by these same F***ing pricks. These were the games that prevented us going onto win the League. Now we are winning those games and it's "only Burnley" or "only Bournemouth". Well you can only beat what's in front of you. And we have F***ing beaten them - City haven't.

"Liverpool's defence is F***ing sh*t" (I'm paraphrasing there). Well we've addressed that issues with the best defence in the whole F***ing League. And the defence that we've primarily used is a kid from West Derby, some kid from Charlton who cost three and a half million and a Scot from Hull who cost us eight mill. Hardly the world's ends. Fair do's they're accompanied by the world's most expensive defender and second most expensive keeper. But three out of your back four costing a combined total of just over ten mill in today's world is F***ing astonishing. Also we're top of the League because we've got a Scot in our side, we always do well with Scots (Charlie F***ing Adam aside)

It's any F***ing thing to try and derail us. It's up to Klopp and the boys to just keep getting on with our business. F**k the neigh-sayers. F**k the critics. F**k the people who are only happy when they can F**k us over.

Exactly, brilliant post!!!! Make us dream.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1268: Dec 09, 2018 08:29:24 pm
      Top of the league , until yesterday two teams unbeaten , so do we have to remain unbeaten to win the league ,I think there will be.a few twist and turns this season , Iā€™m not sure we have it in us to go the distance but weā€™re there on merit the goals are starting to come enjoy the ride my friends itā€™s been a long time coming , the gloves are off we are scrapping for it all we can do is keep on punching , and Klopp has us right there , cmon you red men like Floyd welcome to the machine 👌

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine
      Where have you been?
      Its alright we know where you've been
      You've been in the pipeline filling in time
      Provided with toys and scouting for boys...

We are a machine, a machine that's just starting to purr, that goal, that beautiful goal against BLUESHITE gave us added belief,  its as if it flicked a switch that took us out of slave drive and now we're gonna move thru the gears and into turbo drive ,
      I am like all you brothers & sisters, nursing a semi being top of the league,  but, lets not suck each other's dicks just yet(Winston Wolfe- Pulp fiction),

Long long way to go, but we are in the driving seat ppl, lets see how Pep & co handle having to win each and every f***in match to stay with us,
      I believe we are hitting form at exactly the right time,  lets be honest,  we've hardly got out of 3rd gear for the most part until now,
      Everyone to a man, pundits, media, analysts, commentators, journo's and Fucksticks like Merson all had Shitty as invincible,  sweeping aside all in their f***in way,
      Nobody giving a second thought or a rats arse about anyone else, its all City this City that,  City are Barcelona like , can beat anyone and everyone are gonna conquer all and win f***in every F***ing thing that got silver in it,
      Well Sarri's got silver in his f***in hair but they didn't beat him,

Honestly,  d'ya know what, i can't f***in wait till Jan 3rd, when we go to their colosseum and F**k them over....Again, they'll deflate faster than the Hindenburg,  we'll have a 4point lead at least over them and that will unassailable,

Pep knows we are better, he knows that when we turn up we more often than not beat them, and We Will.

But, lets stay grounded peeps, be cool and savour every second,  this IS our year,  the year we finally get back on our Perch.

YNWA

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1269: Dec 10, 2018 03:57:47 am
      Still cant wipe the F***ing smile off my face.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Of The League Mudder Fukkers!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1270: Dec 10, 2018 08:13:54 am
      I was thinking we were top this far into the season in 2016-17 ( Klopp's first full season with us), but upon looking it up, I see it was only week 12, Nov. 19 of 2016 when we drew 0-0 with Southampton, when we fell behind and never led again (at least not at the end of the round of matches). I remembered incorrectly that we went top after beating Man City 1-0 on Dec. 31, but the Wiki shows we were 2nd. Then of course we had a crap January with three draws and a loss in the league, plus elimination from both Cups.

So of course this is our most sustained and substantive title challenge under JĆ¼rgen. May it result in success.

Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #1271: Dec 10, 2018 08:20:55 am
      Makes me laugh that all the talk is of how City's unbeaten start is over, not how ours is still going. 

I think we are under less pressure than Pep's boys as everyone thinks it is City's to lose, not ours to win.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1272: Dec 10, 2018 09:13:13 am
      Oh my Fooking God, listen to this sh*t coming from a "Liverpool Supporter" ...wonder if it's that German Panzer fella  :-\

https://www.facebook.com/BBCSport/videos/985336148330641/
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1273: Dec 10, 2018 09:54:55 am
      Oh my Fooking God, listen to this sh*t coming from a "Liverpool Supporter" ...wonder if it's that German Panzer fella  :-\

https://www.facebook.com/BBCSport/videos/985336148330641/

Not a fan imo,full of sh*te, and f***in clueless,  he sounds as tho he's more of a chav than being a bona fide Red, dunno but something tells me he's a massive Wum phoning in to get a reaction....what a Kunt !!

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1274: Dec 10, 2018 10:24:26 am
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1275: Dec 10, 2018 10:15:53 pm
      Iā€™m getting tired of seeing and hearing about this sudden revelation that ā€œwe now have a title raceā€. I mean, was it not a title race when we were joint top after 10 games? Or when we were within 2 points of them until the weekend? And now that the tables have turned, itā€™s not ā€œLiverpool are topā€ but instead, ā€œwe now have a title raceā€.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1276: Dec 11, 2018 12:04:07 am
      Iā€™m getting tired of seeing and hearing about this sudden revelation that ā€œwe now have a title raceā€. I mean, was it not a title race when we were joint top after 10 games? Or when we were within 2 points of them until the weekend? And now that the tables have turned, itā€™s not ā€œLiverpool are topā€ but instead, ā€œwe now have a title raceā€.

If "we now have a title race" because Citeh dropped 3  points F**k Knows what they'll call it when we beat them and they lose 3 more !
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2018 02:33:12 am by frizzby5 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1277: Dec 11, 2018 03:12:35 am
      I done a post a couple of weeks ago, (I think), about how there were 24 points up for grabs between then and when we face City next. I anticipated, and I think we all probably did, that City in that time would pick up all 24. Well, so far we have 9/9 whilst City are 6/9.
      We pick up all the points between now and City, and then beat City then we could have put ourselves in a very favourable position.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1278: Dec 11, 2018 08:05:58 am
      Quote from dunlop liddell shankly

You've forgot the "City don't have De Bruyne" ruse, as if he scores 30 a year.

The timing of the fixtures is always important, and ever since the Arsenal trip, I've always targeted last weekend as the next opportunity for City to slip up, and  they did. Now we're in front, so the next time we drop the ball, it's not the time to lose the plot, or the end of our title challenge. We just go again.

The press headlines the following day were not "Well done Liverpool, congrats". It was all "City City City" about a social issue that has been fought over for centuries. As I said when the fixture list was released, the last time we were home on the first and last day of the season, we took the title race to the final day. We're in a great position now to do so again, and go one step further.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1279: Dec 15, 2018 03:46:05 pm
      We'll be back on top tomorrow.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1280: Dec 15, 2018 04:00:54 pm

Come on you reds!  :f_whistle:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1281: Dec 16, 2018 06:24:10 pm
      This is more important than who we beat today.

Back where we F***ing belong to be.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,704 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1282: Dec 16, 2018 06:25:34 pm

Back where we F***ing belong to be.

Exactly, that is what I said in the Pre-match thread. The 3 points are much more important than who we played and won.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1283: Dec 16, 2018 06:25:58 pm

Back where we f**king belong to be.

Who we beat to get back to the top makes it even sweeter. Get in. They just succeeded dragging city down to second!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1284: Dec 16, 2018 07:57:23 pm
       ;D
      RedKop114
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #1285: Dec 16, 2018 08:40:06 pm
      Still top thanks to beating United  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #1286: Dec 16, 2018 08:43:52 pm
      Well hello again perch..
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1287: Dec 16, 2018 08:49:31 pm
      Top of the pile. Might've thought a month or two ago that City look like they are going to win...not in a canter but they'll be top..and that might still happen...now I don't know. We could win it, if we maintain this ability to win in so many different ways.

Neville, got it right for a change when he said we can win even holding on or when things don't run that smoothly. And I also now see a few flaws in City's game. They do not work as hard when they lose the ball, they can be got at. Teams have to have a go at them. Had far to much respect from other managers, two down before they get going due to paying City to much respect.

It'a all to play for and we are coming into form. Just hope the Xmas pud or injuries don't blight our season.

Quick Reply