Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

We are top of the league!

Read 427648 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1334: Dec 22, 2018 11:43:54 pm
      Hopefully Spurs can drop points now too, not overly comfortable being only 6 ahead of them, which is criminal seeing as they’ve lost 4 times!! 6 points can change quickly so be good if they drop points sooner rather than later.

Without getting carried away though, it’s nice that for a change we are being spoken about in a title race rather than spoken about as one of 3 teams trying to get 4th which has been the case the last couple of years.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1335: Dec 22, 2018 11:47:28 pm
      But just can't help getting excited especially after those results last night.  ;D

We're allowed to get excited and to dream mate because we're fans (or at least some of us are). If Jürgen and the boys wanna throw out all the old cliches of "one game at a time" and "not getting ahead of ourselves" and "you can't win the League in December" or anything else then so be it. But I'm a fan and I'm the type of fan who does get very F***ing excited when the club I love are top of the League. Whether that be on the opening day, Christmas day or the final day of the season (though I haven't seen the third part happen yet!)

Now I'm all for following the rules of the old cliches as well. Newcastle is the most important game of the season, until it's done with and then it'll be the Arsenal game, then City, then the Cup game with Wolves then Brighton, Palace, Leicester and so on and so on. And  all our focus should be on Newcastle. But that's not stopping me from getting excited of where we are and dreaming of where we could be in six months time.

I mean, F**k me, there's enough bas**rds out there not connected with this club who are trying to sh*t on us being top. I'm not joining in on that. I'm gonna big us up at every F***ing chance I get. We're top of the League. Better yet, we're clear at the top of the League. And better still, we're gonna F***ing win the League.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,750 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1336: Dec 23, 2018 12:04:21 am
      We're allowed to get excited and to dream mate because we're fans (or at least some of us are). If Jürgen and the boys wanna throw out all the old cliches of "one game at a time" and "not getting ahead of ourselves" and "you can't win the League in December" or anything else then so be it. But I'm a fan and I'm the type of fan who does get very f**king excited when the club I love are top of the League. Whether that be on the opening day, Christmas day or the final day of the season (though I haven't seen the third part happen yet!)

Now I'm all for following the rules of the old cliches as well. Newcastle is the most important game of the season, until it's done with and then it'll be the Arsenal game, then City, then the Cup game with Wolves then Brighton, Palace, Leicester and so on and so on. And  all our focus should be on Newcastle. But that's not stopping me from getting excited of where we are and dreaming of where we could be in six months time.

I mean, f**k me, there's enough bas**rds out there not connected with this club who are trying to sh*t on us being top. I'm not joining in on that. I'm gonna big us up at every f**king chance I get. We're top of the League. Better yet, we're clear at the top of the League. And better still, we're gonna f**king win the League.

You know I love you're passion mate, and I want to explode as well mate but I just keep remembering what happened last time and how it broke my heart and I don't want to have that feeling ever again. So me personally will take it OGAAT but i'm busting inside mate and so F***ing proud of our lads.

I already told the Missus if it comes early May and we are looking like we are going to do it, book my flight to Liverpool. She already said, "I would never stop you going, consider it done".

Hope I see you in early May mate. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the World!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1337: Dec 23, 2018 12:07:46 am
      You know I love you're passion mate, and I want to explode as well mate but I just keep remembering what happened last time and how it broke my heart and I don't want to have that feeling ever again. So me personally will take it OGAAT but i'm busting inside mate and so F***ing proud of our lads.

I already told the Missus if it comes early May and we are looking like we are going to do it, book my flight to Liverpool. She already said, "I would never stop you going, consider it done".

Hope I see you in early May mate. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the World!

You might be too late by the time May comes round mate. We've got this sorted by March.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1338: Dec 23, 2018 12:08:13 am
      Quote from Rush
      To be honest? No, we won't win it. We definitely finish 2nd at least and with a massive points haul and yes we'll make City sweat from now until May. But like others said, when you can take off players like Sane, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, and replace them with players like Bernardo, Gundogan, Mahrez and Jesus, it tells me in the last few months, the better squad will win it.

It's like someone else said, it's weird to think you've had your best 'ever' start to a season, are unbeaten after 18 games, with 7 goals conceded, and it's still another team's title to lose.

We can win it, I just think we'll be pipped to the post due to City's insane squad (not the team - but the squad).

We won't be beaten on squad. We have some of the best players in the world in their positions. We also can rotate them, without any significant drop off in performance. At least so far anyway.

You give City a proper game and they will crack. Problem is few teams do, so they're allowed to stroll around the pitch looking like world beaters. They're not used to anything else, and tend to struggle when they can't roll sides over.

Nobody has retained the title in 10 years. Now they're the ones that have to play catch up and discovering just how difficult it is.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,750 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1339: Dec 23, 2018 12:11:31 am
      You might be too late by the time May comes round mate. We've got this sorted by March.

I'll be there whenever mate, as long as I'm there the week they hand us the trophy and I make the parade, that's what I want to be there for.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1340: Dec 23, 2018 12:25:49 am
      I'll be there whenever mate, as long as I'm there the week they hand us the trophy and I make the parade, that's what I want to be there for.

I'm guessing here but I expect the actual parade would be once the season has finished so we can show off our FA Cup and European Cup successes as well as the League Title. So you could need a couple of trips over here mate if you want to see them hand us the Title in March and the parade in May.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1341: Dec 23, 2018 12:26:23 am
      I never bother looking at if we are in contention until after Chrimbo and it seems like we are i with a chance!

Seems like we have fixed all aspects of our game so if at the end of the day we are overtaken by some corrupt oil barons not much more you can do.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1627 
      Reply #1342: Dec 23, 2018 01:11:01 am
      We're allowed to get excited and to dream mate because we're fans (or at least some of us are). If Jürgen and the boys wanna throw out all the old cliches of "one game at a time" and "not getting ahead of ourselves" and "you can't win the League in December" or anything else then so be it. But I'm a fan and I'm the type of fan who does get very F***ing excited when the club I love are top of the League. Whether that be on the opening day, Christmas day or the final day of the season (though I haven't seen the third part happen yet!)

I mean, F**k me, there's enough bas**rds out there not connected with this club who are trying to sh*t on us being top. I'm not joining in on that. I'm gonna big us up at every F***ing chance I get. We're top of the League. Better yet, we're clear at the top of the League. And better still, we're gonna F***ing win the League.

I’ll tell you something about excitement Billy my dads been in hospital with pneumonia the only thing on his mind was last nights result ,
      He’s sitting in a hospital bed with his lfc dresser on feeling proud as Fck cos were top ,
      Our reds our team are picking my old man up no end it’s fckin priceless
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,750 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1343: Dec 23, 2018 01:53:10 am
      I'm guessing here but I expect the actual parade would be once the season has finished so we can show off our FA Cup and European Cup successes as well as the League Title. So you could need a couple of trips over here mate if you want to see them hand us the Title in March and the parade in May.

You are brilliant.

Done mate.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1344: Dec 23, 2018 06:14:01 am
      I'm excited but at the same time fearful of not achieving what we deserve. We need to believe but not be over confidence. We need to beat Newcastle to go into Arsenal's game with more more courage.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,506 posts | 1496 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1345: Dec 23, 2018 09:47:22 am
      I think if we ever needed a game to find out if we're going to bottle it, it's going to be the next game at Toon. Now that we're four clear, players and staff are going to really start to think it is our year. That comes with pressure.

I'd take a 1-0 controversial offside goal and a terrible performance against the barcodes now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1346: Dec 23, 2018 10:03:57 am
      First Woy, next Rafa can do us a favour ;D

Four points clear at Chrissie against City whose sh*t doesn’t stink. Marvellous.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #1347: Dec 23, 2018 10:35:40 am
      Great to be top of the league at Christmas. Now the important part, staying top until the end of the season.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1348: Dec 23, 2018 10:43:38 am
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,784 posts | 573 
      Reply #1349: Dec 23, 2018 11:09:58 am
      Lots of Manchester fans thinking we will choke - they are worried. We know we will have a blip let’s hope it isn’t catastrophic.

Whatever happens this feels much different to 13/14 as I don’t have to worry when we are 2-0 up - Without silva and ferndaniho they are a different side
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,439 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1350: Dec 23, 2018 11:16:48 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1351: Dec 23, 2018 11:31:32 am
      Lets put it this way.
      Psychologically I would rather be sitting 4 points ahead than 4 points behind.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1352: Dec 23, 2018 12:32:14 pm
      What a couple of days for us!

We're in the driving seat now and we have a team of leaders at our disposal this time around. Under Rogers we had Gerrard and Suarez who were leaders. Now we've got a captain who has felt the heartache of throwing a league away and won't want to do that again. We've got the Dutch, Scottish, Guinea and Sengal captains along with a national icon in Mo Salah and a manager who's won leagues before in Klopp.

This is a team of winners left and right, players who at other clubs have won league titles and champions league titles.

City will continue to set a blistering pace, we may need 100 points to win it, but F**k me we won't come second through lack of trying!
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #1353: Dec 23, 2018 12:39:32 pm
      Hopefully Spurs can drop points now too, not overly comfortable being only 6 ahead of them, which is criminal seeing as they’ve lost 4 times!! 6 points can change quickly so be good if they drop points sooner rather than later.

Without getting carried away though, it’s nice that for a change we are being spoken about in a title race rather than spoken about as one of 3 teams trying to get 4th which has been the case the last couple of years.

Spot on mate you win heehaw in December, not to say we shouldnt be delighted with the 4 pt lead and the GD reduced to 5 , nice wee Christmas present.
      City yesterday got it all wrong no Ferdinho,injured Marez, De Bryne and Aguero all on the bench till 53 minutes when its went tits up ,come the 3rd of Jan we will have a better idea 2 home games for us 2 away games for them before that tho game at a time .
      Merry Xmas when it comes guys and gals.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1354: Dec 23, 2018 12:40:46 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08083BNaYcA
      Lots of other team like to take the piss probably never have even been to Liverpool but the joke is on them because it is a special place so much so many Players come from far and wide and settle in the area after finishing playing.

This song just reflects the City and the club for me I would love to hear it sung again on the Kop.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1355: Dec 23, 2018 12:51:27 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08083BNaYcA
      Lots of other team like to take the piss probably never have even been to Liverpool but the joke is on them because it is a special place so much so many Players come from far and wide and settle in the area after finishing playing.

This song just reflects the City and the club for me I would love to hear it sung again on the Kop.

My gran used to sing this around the house when I was a kid :D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1356: Dec 23, 2018 12:57:57 pm
      To say that i am "happy" is an understatement, i am overjoyed. But l'll fire the first cautious warning; nothing is won yet at this moment of tine, it is  just half time as far as the number of games played. Teams that fared badly so far have changed managers and their results are improving. Teams hovering in the middle of the league is capable of beating or loosing to any other clubs. The top clubs are also capable of beating and loosing to us. Not forgetting, the clubs fighting the drop will start playing the way as if they are fighting for the title.

So, nothing is gonna be easy from now on. We need to stay 100% focus in every game and not underestimate anyone. On the positive side, we are a much much more balanced team at the moment. Midfield is giving the defence the cover neeeed while going on offensive at every given opportunity. Not forgetting the forward line has not hit top form and yet we are on top of the league.

Xmas period is here and there be more twists and turns to come and we just have to take advantage of it.

Lets take it to the 30th game and if we're in a healthy position then i can start dreaming.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2018 05:54:38 pm by redkop63 »

Quick Reply