Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

We are top of the league!

Read 427746 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1357: Dec 23, 2018 01:37:59 pm

A good one Shabs but I think I'm older than you and this one sprung to my mind.
      https://youtu.be/4t4YiXWPBpo
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1358: Dec 23, 2018 02:27:11 pm

😁
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1359: Dec 23, 2018 03:47:49 pm
      To say that i am "happy" is an understatement, i am overjoyed. But l'll fire the first cautious warning; nothing is won yet at this moment of tine, it is  just half time as far as the number of games played. Teams that fared badly so far have changed managers and their results are improving. Teams hovering in the middle of the league is capable of beating or loosing to any other clubs. The top clubs are also capable of beating and loosing to us. Not forgetting, the clubs fighting the drop will start playing the way as if they are fighting for the title.

So, nothing is gonna be easy from now on. We need to stay 100% focus in every game and not underestimate anyone. On the positive side, we are a much much more balanced twam at the moment. Midfield is giving the defence the cover neeeed while going on offensive at every given opportunity. Not forgetting the forward line has not hit top form and yet we are on top of the league.

Xmas period is here and there be more twists and turns to come and we just have to take advantage of it.

Lets take it to the 30th game and if we're in a healthy position then i can start drwaming.

Yes but similarly many teams who had a good start to the season will start to be impacted more and more by injuries and fatigue now so I think it evens itself out and normally we are better in the second half of a season than the first. My only worry is the lack of depth we have in attack, but perhaps I'm being a bit unfair on Shaq and Sturridge/Origi. As long as we don't get multiple injuries to our forwards we should be ok.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1360: Dec 23, 2018 04:13:03 pm
      Happy as a pig in sh*t, not stopped grinning since we fu**ed the scummy kunts last week,  hammered the wolves Friday, and then yesterday Palace shitting in shitty's kettle,
      We are in the driving seat now and it  will take something very special to surpass us,
      Lets see how City cope with Having to win every game just to hang on to Our coattails,
      They have not had to do that for a couple of seasons, and we have seen that pressure is something they are not to good at dealing with.

It is early days yet but, a win there for us on tbe 3rd would take us into a unassailable lead imo, and they would definitely crack !!

YNWA
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,021 posts | 528 
      Reply #1361: Dec 23, 2018 05:59:19 pm

Great film White Heat. (Hopefully we don't blow up though.)
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1362: Dec 23, 2018 06:08:34 pm
      Yes but similarly many teams who had a good start to the season will start to be impacted more and more by injuries and fatigue now so I think it evens itself out and normally we are better in the second half of a season than the first. My only worry is the lack of depth we have in attack, but perhaps I'm being a bit unfair on Shaq and Sturridge/Origi. As long as we don't get multiple injuries to our forwards we should be ok.

Exactly. Let's hope that it impacted them more than us. I would think Klopp is working on a strategy that allows him to use players in a flexible manner with different tactical approach against different opponents while playing to the players' strength. Looking at what he has done so far, he has a few tactical plans say A, B, C, D E etc meant for different for opponents and he can mix it all up durung play and it is probably difficult for opponents to read our game that is effective so far. Of course i"m only guessing.

By doing so, Klopp is probably trying to get goals from other players and not rely solely on Mane and Mo.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1363: Dec 23, 2018 06:12:32 pm
      this has now gone much further than a good start the game against Newcastle in number 19 half way through the season. We looked at 2 points a game to get top four if we manage that for the remainder of the season we would have 88 points. Lets enjoy everyday we are top and every game we play because this team are special
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1364: Dec 23, 2018 06:19:50 pm
      I’m starting to research how to get tix from the US to the last game of the season on 5/12 vs Wolves. Much work to be done between now and then but if things go as expected i want to be there for the game.
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1365: Dec 23, 2018 06:34:35 pm
      I’m starting to research how to get tix from the US to the last game of the season on 5/12 vs Wolves. Much work to be done between now and then but if things go as expected i want to be there for the game.

F**k, just checked thomas cook and they’re sold out.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1366: Dec 23, 2018 07:42:56 pm
      Quote from redkop63
      To say that i am "happy" is an understatement, i am overjoyed. But l'll fire the first cautious warning; nothing is won yet at this moment of tine, it is  just half time as far as the number of games played. Teams that fared badly so far have changed managers and their results are improving. Teams hovering in the middle of the league is capable of beating or loosing to any other clubs. The top clubs are also capable of beating and loosing to us. Not forgetting, the clubs fighting the drop will start playing the way as if they are fighting for the title.

So, nothing is gonna be easy from now on. We need to stay 100% focus in every game and not underestimate anyone. On the positive side, we are a much much more balanced twam at the moment. Midfield is giving the defence the cover neeeed while going on offensive at every given opportunity. Not forgetting the forward line has not hit top form and yet we are on top of the league.

Lets take it to the 30th game and if we're in a healthy position then i can start drwaming.

When we got a draw at Arsenal to go top in November, we had posters writing off the season after only getting a point. We were an Allison save at Burnley from going 4 points behind, and the title race declared over. In 3 weeks, we are now 4 points ahead, and can increase that still further by the end of the Christmas programme. And that is with injuries.

I said it some months ago, but I haven't seen our group so focused, determined, and hungry to win a title since 1987-88, as the players we have now. That is still the case. Look at the goalline clearance/last minute winner in the derby. Look at the save/goal at Burnley, Chelsea, Brighton at home, and the amount of points won. The players will do whatever possible to get the job done.   

I see a bunch of quality individuals at City, but I see a proper team working for each other here. We're unbeaten in the league for a reason, and we're getting results now that we didn't get last season. It's not accident, it's for very good reason.

We haven't won anything yet, but if we were 4 points behind, people would declare the title race as over, instead we're 4 points in front and they now say it's just a gap, and there's a mass squad crisis about to hit us. But when was the last time Klopp had a 4 point lead at the top of a table and lost it?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,256 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1367: Dec 23, 2018 08:40:38 pm
      4 points ahead. 2 games left this year both at home. City 2 potentially tricky away games!! If we could go to theres with maybe a 6 point lead...and beat them  :o

Wishful thinking.....
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1368: Dec 23, 2018 09:06:36 pm
      4 points ahead. 2 games left this year both at home. City 2 potentially tricky away games!! If we could go to theres with maybe a 6 point lead...and beat them  :o

Wishful thinking.....

Needn't be Brian. With our team and the way we are playing we are deservedly top.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1369: Dec 24, 2018 02:12:22 am
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #1370: Dec 24, 2018 02:27:22 am

Top of the tree Ian buddy.

Merry Christmas one and all.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #1371: Dec 24, 2018 03:05:44 am
      Top of the tree Ian buddy.

Merry Christmas one and all.

That's the one Baby, now to stay there for another 20 games mate!

Merry Christmas Bud. all the Best.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1372: Dec 24, 2018 04:24:16 am

Speaking as a fellow American fan (for 20 years now), I wouldn't feel right about taking a seat in the stadium for such a momentous occasion.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #1373: Dec 24, 2018 04:31:42 am
      Speaking as a fellow American fan (for 20 years now), I wouldn't feel right about taking a seat in the stadium for such a momentous occasion.

I'm Australian, wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  ;D
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #1374: Dec 24, 2018 10:41:02 am
      I'm Australian, wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  ;D

I wouldn't even be arsed if you couldn't get tickets, the party in town if we win it is going to be something else.

I missed the Istanbul homecoming because I was on holiday but I'm not stepping foot out of Liverpool at all in may even if the Mrs gives me an ultimatum.

If she said we go on holiday or get divorced I'll pack her F***ing bags and kick her out haha
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1375: Dec 24, 2018 08:18:59 pm
      Anyone got a picture of a perch ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #1376: Dec 24, 2018 09:16:38 pm
      Anyone got a picture of a perch ?

I can go one better than that mate ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perch
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #1377: Dec 25, 2018 12:06:42 am
      Can’t wsit for Jan 3rd. I’m confident we can beat city. Think we’ll also beat the barcodes. I’m more worried about the arse for some reason. They only look good against the crap sides, I just think they’ll be the toughest test of the three!
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #1378: Dec 25, 2018 02:59:02 am
      Can’t wsit for Jan 3rd. I’m confident we can beat city. Think we’ll also beat the barcodes. I’m more worried about the arse for some reason. They only look good against the crap sides, I just think they’ll be the toughest test of the three!

Nah don’t be daft. If we don’t beat Arsenal it would be out of complacency. But if we lose to City, it would probably be due them outplaying us. City at Etihad is no doubt the toughest game of the season these days.

Merry Christmas.🎄
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1379: Dec 25, 2018 03:39:35 am

In fact, i fear bar codes more than city and arse. Rafa is a master in defending, we have to ensure we are 100% focussed in this match. City and arse they're very attacking teams and we will get our chanves to score. We have to turn up to upset their rhythem of play and put their defence under enough pressure and they will crack.

Quick Reply