Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 426287 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1610: Jan 15, 2019 07:09:04 pm
      Quote from German_Panzer
      Our lead is better than being behind but too many games left. If I had to bet my house I'd still bet in on City because they play the better football and we had some games that went awfully lucky for us (The race is completely open.

And all this "better football" has them with less points than us.

You don't win the league on luck, you win the league by being the side with the most points over the season. That's what we have right now.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1611: Jan 16, 2019 12:00:06 am
      Off topic - Imagine Ramos, Kompany, Fellaini, Keane, Costa, and Barton in the same team! That will be a handful. Probably will end the match with 6 men. :lmao: Did I miss out anyone prominent? Cantona?

Absolutely so, they'll probably knock each other out. Eho woukd be ultimate champion among the lot? I would think Costa. Hahaha
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1612: Jan 16, 2019 02:50:21 am
      Absolutely so, they'll probably knock each other out. Eho woukd be ultimate champion among the lot? I would think Costa. Hahaha

My moneys on Keane or Barton. The rest are a bunch of bottlers, have to do everything when the officials arenā€™t looking and then back down when someone squares up to them.

On topic though;
      Pretty sure we have an extra couple of home games which could be a good factor to have. We also only have 3 so called ā€œtop teamsā€ left, or at least games that will be built up a lot. We have Mancs, Spuds and Chavs. City have Arsenal and Chavs back to back in a couple of weeks, then they have to play Mancs and Spuds.

In terms of fixtures from now, Iā€™d say they favour us, but it doesnā€™t always work like that.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1613: Jan 17, 2019 12:09:05 pm
      My moneys on Keane or Barton. The rest are a bunch of bottlers, have to do everything when the officials arenā€™t looking and then back down when someone squares up to them.

On topic though;
      Pretty sure we have an extra couple of home games which could be a good factor to have. We also only have 3 so called ā€œtop teamsā€ left, or at least games that will be built up a lot. We have Mancs, Spuds and Chavs. City have Arsenal and Chavs back to back in a couple of weeks, then they have to play Mancs and Spuds.

In terms of fixtures from now, Iā€™d say they favour us, but it doesnā€™t always work like that.

With mancs and Spuds games out of the way, things will be clearer. In all honesty, by the time we hit the 85th point mark, with enough games left to reach 95, I can really start dreaming.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1614: Jan 17, 2019 04:48:51 pm
      So looking at it now and we have nine league games left at home. Lets say we win seven and draw two. Our most difficult being Chelsea and Spurs.

Then away we have seven left. If we won five of those and then drew with Everton and say lost to United away we would end up with a total of 96 points.

That would mean City to win the league would have to win 14 games from 16 and draw two to total to 97 points.

We have margin for error!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1615: Jan 17, 2019 05:00:20 pm
      So looking at it now and we have nine league games left at home. Lets say we win seven and draw two. Our most difficult being Chelsea and Spurs.

Then away we have seven left. If we won five of those and then drew with Everton and say lost to United away we would end up with a total of 96 points.

That would mean City to win the league would have to win 14 games from 16 and draw two to total to 97 points.

We have margin for error!

100% our own destiny.

Remember - just like Citeh last uear - some teams donā€™t even fancy it now with our defence.......
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,914 posts | 4981 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1616: Jan 17, 2019 06:58:03 pm
      100% our own destiny.

Remember - just like Citeh last uear - some teams donā€™t even fancy it now with our defence.......

We have that fear factor back, clubs positively sh*t themselves psychologically when they faced LFC,
      We had it back in the 70's thru to the very late 80's,  from Shanks thru to the King, and predominately with Bob's tenure,

WHEN, we lift that Title in May the naysayers,  the dis-believing pundits, the doubting journo's,  the, ' can't believe its them Kunts'  again brigade, ie, every club outside of L4, that Fuckstick Tyler and his f***in wee monkey, Ratboy Neville,  f***in Bacon face Fergie, all of them, will be as sick as F**k eating all that humble pie ,

Almost everyone has been suckin City's cock this season in particular , saying sh*t like, 'their the best side ever' to have graced the Epl, and, LFC haven't got the quality City have, don't have that , 'getting over the line' experience ,

Well, were top of the f***in league,  4 clear points ahead of that ' best ever side', we still haven't hit top gear as of yet imo, and we're in total command of our destiny,  the only club that can stop us is ourselves,  City can and will try, but they have too many fingers in too any pies and that will in the end trip them up,

THIS IS OUR TITLE, been saying it since last season,  JĆ¼rgen has been building bit by bit each season,  and its almost complete,  he said he would deliver the title within 4 years, and he's not far off , in fact he's got 4 months to go, ...

...and I'll tell you something else, we WILL be the first to defend it too !!

YNWA

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #1617: Jan 17, 2019 09:59:07 pm
      We win our games then we win the League.

Don't need to care nor worry what the others do.

Thats the only way we can do this, well said
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1618: Jan 18, 2019 01:23:55 am
      We win our games then we win the League.

Don't need to care nor worry what the others do.

Still wouldn't mind someone, any F***ing one taking some points of City, just so my heart and mind stop racing every time I think of the possibilities!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1619: Jan 18, 2019 09:37:53 am
      Our lead is better than being behind but too many games left. If I had to bet my house I'd still bet in on City because they play the better football and we had some games that went awfully lucky for us (Everton-Pickford, City-Mahrez, Chelsea-Sturridge, Arsenal was pretty dominant in their home game and could have won). If that changes we actually have to fight for a CL spot. The race is completely open.

If history tells us anything, playing great attacking football doesn't always yield results. We were playing the best football in 08 / 09 season and arguably had better attacking game than City in 13 /14 season. Frankly I don't care if we're not blasting teams away like last season, in fact I think Klopp has the tactics spot on. I was frustrated at start of the season with the slower pace of our game but now I see what it's all about. We have learned to control games and dominate possession all the while working on our game to break down stubborn opposition defense eventually. On top of that, we've developed the best defense in the league. City's game may look more pleasing to the eye, but we've developed a ruthless winning mentality and I like that, it's been missing for a long time. The slower, dominant pace also allows us to stay focused for the long season - the gaffer has the strategy spot on.

Who cares if we got lucky in a few occasions, nobody wins the league without some luck, just another good sign for us. So drop the pessimism and this notion that we're top of the league whilst being inferior to City, we're the top dogs right now and we have what it takes to be champions. That's what Klopp has instilled and I am more than convinced. YNWA lad.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,166 posts | 829 
      Reply #1620: Jan 18, 2019 04:24:05 pm
      This is our year people, not even worried about City. 8)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1621: Jan 18, 2019 06:56:31 pm
      Quote from billythered
      Almost everyone has been saying sh*t.

City have too many fingers in too any pies and that will in the end trip them up

And that is what they'll say in May.  "Liverpool didn't win it, City were distracted". And there won't be any talk of us losing 3 CB's, it will be "DeBruyne was injured, terrible blow" etc.

Winning the league means you were the best team in the league over 9 months on merit. We've won doubles before, we've won trebles before. You only get distracted if you allow yourself to be distracted. Doesn't matter what the competition, when you're on a roll, you just reel off the games one after the next. Winning all our games in December was not an accident. With two games per week, you can build momentum very quickly. And it allowed us to go 6 points clear at the end of it.

Survive the first 20 minutes against City and you have a good chance of getting a result. Go in front against them and they usually throw the towel in. They're not designed to deal with pressure. We want this title more than them, and it's coming home.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1622: Jan 19, 2019 01:01:01 am
      Still wouldn't mind someone, any F***ing one taking some points of City, just so my heart and mind stop racing every time I think of the possibilities!

Aye it'd be nice mate but if they don't, then so be it. We win our games and the League is ours. They need us to drop points, we'd like it if they did. That's a massive difference. We were on the other side of things ten years ago. We dropped two points against Everton, ten years today, when Cahill scored a last minute equaliser (them F***ing Aussies! ;)) to deprive us going clear at the top. We followed that up with a third draw in a row against Wigan. We fell two points behind United, who had a game in hand.

We were suddenly in a position where we could win win remain our 15 games and still not win the League - despite us still having United to play. We would go on to win 12 of the 15 (including twatting those cu*ts at Old Trafford 4-1), drawing 2 and losing just 1 against Middlesbrough (who were relegated that season). We still fell short by just four points.

That's why I say we don't need City to drop points. They can win all sixteen games left and still fail to win the League. If we do our job then we win the League. We don't even need to win every game. We have to win 15 out of 16 to guarantee our 19th Title.

Their results, right now, do not determine whether or not we win the League. Only ours do. It is firmly in our hands. And when we beat Palace later on today, then it's another one chalked off. I'm not even looking at it as moving seven points clear, I'm looking at it as one more down - fourteen wins left.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #1623: Jan 19, 2019 01:05:46 am
      Aye it'd be nice mate but if they don't, then so be it. We win our games and the League is ours. They need us to drop points, we'd like it if they did. That's a massive difference. We were on the other side of things ten years ago. We dropped two points against Everton, ten years today, when Cahill scored a last minute equaliser (them f**king Aussies! ;)) to deprive us going clear at the top. We followed that up with a third draw in a row against Wigan. We fell two points behind United, who had a game in hand.

We were suddenly in a position where we could win win remain our 15 games and still not win the League - despite us still having United to play. We would go on to win 12 of the 15 (including twatting those cu*ts at Old Trafford 4-1), drawing 2 and losing just 1 against Middlesbrough (who were relegated that season). We still fell short by just four points.

That's why I say we don't need City to drop points. They can win all sixteen games left and still fail to win the League. If we do our job then we win the League. We don't even need to win every game. We have to win 15 out of 16 to guarantee our 19th Title.

Their results, right now, do not determine whether or not we win the League. Only ours do. It is firmly in our hands. And when we beat Palace later on today, then it's another one chalked off. I'm not even looking at it as moving seven points clear, I'm looking at it as one more down - fourteen wins left.

F***ing oath bud, I'm the same....one more down tonight, 14 more 1 nillers and it's ours. Please let it be Ours, it's our time, F**k the rest.

As for that c**t Tim Cahill always hated that c**t even when he played for Australia. Stupid c**t and his stupid flag punching crap, bullshit celebration. If I was that flag, would have jumped out the ground and poked his F***ing eyes out.  ;D ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1624: Jan 19, 2019 04:59:53 pm
      One more down!!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1625: Jan 19, 2019 05:02:59 pm
      No Parasan..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1626: Jan 19, 2019 05:17:37 pm

that is all that matters. Nothing to do with performance its all about collecting points and we are doing really good at that this season
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #1627: Jan 19, 2019 10:06:11 pm
      Backs against the wall, coming back and winning that game was stuff of Champions...come on lads keep the belief going.
      Tadders

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #1628: Jan 19, 2019 11:16:24 pm
      City play 4 times before we do letā€™s hope they pick a few injuries up
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1629: Jan 19, 2019 11:27:50 pm
      Just Utd and the Bitters left away from home.

Maybe we have a chance this season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1630: Jan 19, 2019 11:28:55 pm
      Just Utd and the Bitters left away from home.

Maybe we have a chance this season.

Weā€™ve got only 2 away matches in the league?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1631: Jan 19, 2019 11:30:08 pm
      Weā€™ve got only 2 away matches in the league?

;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1632: Jan 19, 2019 11:30:48 pm

😂

Iā€™m still recovering from the flu.. 🤧

Quick Reply