Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

We are top of the league!

Read 427570 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1748: Jan 30, 2019 11:32:37 pm
      We don't beat west ham next Monday and we us draw today will give city and spurs lift if city beat arsenal and bitters bend over city we be two points behind city that why l feel we look back at toight if don't win league these best chance win premier league we can't F**k these up or not sure will ever win premier league
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1749: Jan 30, 2019 11:44:11 pm
      We need to bounce back against West Ham.  It would be the doctors order for a win and a good performance.  City have a fixture pile up and the next 3 games are going to be massive for them.  We need to put pressure on them.  And to do that we need to make them feel
      that the title is just not there for them. We need to get into their heads.  We had a chance today to give them a psychological blow,  but we were just not at the races the conditions didn't help and nor did injuries, but we gained 1 point which is good. But wasn't a blow.  It would have been better to win today and draw with West Ham in my opinion.   
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1750: Jan 30, 2019 11:54:54 pm
      Anyone see bitter give city game and aresnl look poor and Chelsea gone dogs with manger not sure city will drop two home games, we can't afford lose anginst west ham or draw
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1751: Jan 31, 2019 02:18:34 am
      If city beat arsenal h Everton a Chelsea h in the next 3 then they deserve it

Anything else and we manage to beat West Ham and Bournemouth

Then itā€™s ours

What a load of sh*te. They ā€˜deserve itā€™, what kind of thing is that for a Liverpool fan to say? No one ā€˜deservesā€™ the title based on a run of 3 games, itā€™s who is top in May that counts after 38 games. And right now, Iā€™d say we are far more likely than City given our 5 point cushion.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1752: Jan 31, 2019 02:42:52 am
      No Gomez
      No TAA
      No Milner
      Horrible reffing
      Horrible pitch / weather
      The Foxes on their game
      City playing a team in the bottom 5 (and score in the first 30 seconds)

And we still go a point ahead. This is how we have to look at it. They have a real tough stretch of games coming up and we are going to get a bunch of impact players back. If you would have told most LFC fans that if they did something ā€œvery immoralā€ to a homeless person who hadnt bathed in weeks, we would be 5 ahead in this part of the season with them having two more cup competitions to be distracted with, theyā€™d have done it.

Hell, Iā€™d have considered it.

YNWA

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019 04:10:26 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1753: Jan 31, 2019 07:47:11 am
      We're technically in a better position than before as we opened a 5 point gap. No matter how we see it that's still positive.

Expectations will always dictate that we're either greedy and want the 7 point gap or we're worried we'll slip and wanted more margin for error. Or both.

So we missed expectations. But it doesn't mean it's the end of the world.

I don't see how City can celebrate when the gap just opened up by 1 point. That's a pretty sad situation.

Let's not feel sorry for ourselves on the two points dropped. We'll go to West Ham and smash them.

When you are not winning, then it's about who drops the ball first. Meanwhile City's key players are pretty knackered. And there are some tough fixtures ahead for them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1754: Jan 31, 2019 08:24:44 am
      We don't beat west ham next Monday and we us draw today will give city and spurs lift if city beat arsenal and bitters bend over city we be two points behind city

Sensing that you're a glass half empty kind of guy.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1755: Jan 31, 2019 08:27:05 am
      Sensing that you're a glass half empty kind of guy.

Or just too worried that we're not up to it? And will drop the ball...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1756: Jan 31, 2019 08:29:54 am

So you are also a half empty guy  :D
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1757: Jan 31, 2019 09:11:53 am
      So you are also a half empty guy  :D

:lmao: Don't assume. Why can't I explain why some of us are feeling negative?

Anyway I just said we put one more point between us and City. Still positive rather than two points dropped. Don't assume... :lmao:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #1758: Jan 31, 2019 09:44:07 am

Thing is - thatā€™s what drives most of the negativity.

OUR fear of failure because itā€™s been too long.

Itā€™s generally more reflective of our disposition than the teamā€™s capabilities.

The team ARE 5 points better than anyone else after 2/3 of the season.

Weā€™re not perfect. We donā€™t need to be. We need to be better than the rest of the teams.

Thus far, we are......
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1759: Jan 31, 2019 09:56:07 am

Itā€™s generally more reflective of our disposition than the teamā€™s capabilities.

Weā€™re not perfect. We donā€™t need to be. We need to be better than the rest of the teams.

Thus far, we are......

I think I've just opened a can of worms trying to second guess/explain why some of us are so hard on ourselves. Wherever it is let's move on to the next match.

Even then we can't be worse than that bunch who celebrate that they're only one point worse off rather than three.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #1760: Jan 31, 2019 10:02:13 am
      I think I've just opened a can of worms trying to second guess/explain why some of us are so hard on ourselves. Wherever it is let's move on to the next match.

Even then we can't be worse than that bunch who celebrate that they're only one point worse off rather than three.

Not at all - I just find it really interesting how humans react.

I shout sh*t during games - mostly because of how I feel in that minute rather than any rational view.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #1761: Jan 31, 2019 10:12:12 am

Thus far, we are......

You're right, I'm finding it very hard not being negative but it is the fear of failure it's been way too long and it eats me up, sounds ridiculous but I'm not enjoying it, we have to win it this time if nothing else to get the monkey off our backs. It would mean the effing world to me I'd be one chuffed bloke...I'm not on my own either.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1762: Jan 31, 2019 10:15:33 am
      If city beat arsenal h Everton a Chelsea h in the next 3 then they deserve it

Anything else and we manage to beat West Ham and Bournemouth

Then itā€™s ours

It really doesn't matter what City do, all we have to do is win 12 out of 14 remaining games and the title is ours. That's the only thing we should be thinking about. Worrying about what others do or who might deserve it is not the mindset of champions...it's all in our hands and its there for the taking.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1763: Jan 31, 2019 10:20:17 am
      You're right, I'm finding it very hard not being negative but it is the fear of failure it's been way too long and it eats me up, sounds ridiculous but I'm not enjoying it, we have to win it this time if nothing else to get the monkey off our backs. It would mean the effing world to me I'd be one chuffed bloke...I'm not on my own either.

I guess we all want the same outcome. Just that some are more anxious and some of us are more cool. There are those who want it wrapped up yesterday. Points in the bag. While some of us are better at highlighting the positives.

In any case our community doesn't walk alone. And each time we're strengthening each other through the same journey.

It's going to be a ride. So let's do this together. Walk on with hope in our hearts!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1764: Jan 31, 2019 11:01:41 pm
      5 points ahead going into February, would have bitten your left tit off before the start of the season.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1765: Feb 02, 2019 02:45:55 pm
      5 points ahead going into February, would have bitten your left tit off before the start of the season.

It's a great position to be in, even though some of us greedy ones expect us to be much further ahead and in a perfect position.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1766: Feb 02, 2019 02:57:36 pm
      That pt could be what wins the league  :)

Is Right.

Now the Spuds have moved up into 2nd without Alli or Kane.
      More pressure on City.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1767: Feb 02, 2019 03:20:02 pm
      Is Right.

Now the Spuds have moved up into 2nd without Alli or Kane.
      More pressure on City.

I'm still far from impressed with Spurs but they are grinding out the results.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1768: Feb 02, 2019 03:20:34 pm
      I'm still far from impressed with Spurs but they are grinding out the results.

Thatā€™s what I want Liverpool to do from now on - back to being solid at the back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1769: Feb 02, 2019 03:23:55 pm
      Thatā€™s what I want Liverpool to do from now on - back to being solid at the back.

Geting our regular defenders back will be a big help, especially now that the forwards have finally clicked into gear.
      I'm also much happier having Jimmy at FB than Hendo although I can't wait to get Trent back and Joe.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1770: Feb 02, 2019 03:45:23 pm
      Nice to get Jordan back into the middle of the park it was noted on LFC how we missed the tempo he gives the team. I think we have been a bit "passive" of late and maybe with out list of injuries JĆ¼rgen is just keeping a lid on things trying to keep everything for the last 6 or 8 games. Its a big pitch at the London Stadium and that will give us plenty of space for our front three to do their stuff

Quick Reply