Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

We are top of the league!

Read 126429 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,447 posts | 3023 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2125: Mar 03, 2019 12:04:05 am
      It's in our Hands. I don't want that situation to change!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,530 posts | 1824 
      Reply #2126: Mar 03, 2019 12:15:34 am
      They won’t drop another point if every team they play are as gutless as a Bournemouth, we just need to make sure we win our remaining games.

I know, not a single shot at goal is an Absolute disgrace at home.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,054 posts | 1750 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2127: Mar 03, 2019 12:27:25 am
      I've suddenly got an horrible thought that we could lose tomorrow then City play Watford before we play again, 5 pts behind possible, no!

Hope you're wrong mate
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,518 posts | 796 
      Reply #2128: Mar 03, 2019 01:04:09 am
      Wish people would calm the F.C. down
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 856 posts | 12 
      Reply #2129: Mar 03, 2019 01:06:23 am
      We just have to win every game... every game... every game... starting tonight (today). Oh the fcuking dread. But it can be done, and now is the time to do it!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,750 posts | 2677 
      Reply #2130: Mar 03, 2019 01:25:20 am
      We won’t yield, not a chance, last years CL defeat has given us the hunger to win ..
      Billo

• 7,109 posts | 328 
      Reply #2131: Mar 03, 2019 08:01:52 am
      I'm gonna be honest and say I'm worried. I didn't want to watch the shitty game, but I still kept checking the score every 5 mins.
      really disappointed with Bournemouth.

Anyway I like seeing positive posts around here, make me stress less seeing other fellow fans have more confidence. Nomatter what happens, I'm honestly very proud of the team and the boss.
      Challenging the money machine for the title is not a easy thing to do and yet here we are. We have spent money but only what we have earned and gotten from selling players.
      No money doping going here unlike shitty.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,267 posts | 1895 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #2132: Mar 03, 2019 09:45:15 am
      My fellow Red Brethren,
      There is far too much negativity flowing thru these boards, i can understand the apprehension, the tension and the nerve's its all part of the fun, but we've all been here before, some of us many many times,
      Our history is full of ups and downs season upon season,  this one is no different,  its Football it is what it is.

We are on the brink of winning the title, it was never going to be easy, there was always going to be bumps in the road, from day one to the last , City are  deserving Champions and will not give up their title by just laying back and giving it up, we have to snatch it from them,

We are as every bit as good as they are, some would argue even better, league position says so, so why can't we go on and win it ?
      Some say they have just a bit more and will probably win but i don't see it like that, i actually favour us and not because of red tinted specs, i truly fancy us because when we're on it no one can touch us, not even City, its close of course but for tempo, fluidity, balance paired with our defence, our attack and the right midfield  trio of choice we come out on top,
      The Watford mauling for example, play like that then its a no brainer,  fast tempo, a high line, intricate passing and a devastating delivery from both flanks , thats your heavy metal sh*t right there,
      Who can handle that in the remaining games?

So onto BLUESHITE today,  as usual it will be all blood & thunder first 15, once the Neanderthals of woodison vent some of their pent up hatred it will settle down and we will start to show our domination,

I think we'll win this in relative comfort,  blueshite are exactly that ,and shouldn't worry us too much......

...                      Allison
                Trent Matip VvD Robbo
                              Fabinho
                      Gini               Keita
                    Salah Firmino Mane

Heart says-- 0-5
      Brain says --0-3

YNWA

LMW
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 354 posts | 111 
      Reply #2133: Mar 03, 2019 09:58:52 am
      Bit of a side note but does anyone else feel like the Merseyside derby has lost a bit of its passion and soul? I feel like to the players it has became ‘just another game’ but obviously us fans still have those derby nerves and it feels just that much more sweeter getting a win against Everton than Watford for example.

Is it because of the lack of local lads in both sets of teams these days? I don’t know.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 467 
      Reply #2134: Mar 03, 2019 10:30:21 am
      Bit of a side note but does anyone else feel like the Merseyside derby has lost a bit of its passion and soul? I feel like to the players it has became ‘just another game’ but obviously us fans still have those derby nerves and it feels just that much more sweeter getting a win against Everton than Watford for example.

Is it because of the lack of local lads in both sets of teams these days? I don’t know.
      Bit of both I’d say,the only  scouser in the starting 11 being Trent
      But that can only help really as the reds can maybe treat it as just another match without the added pressure of the local lads getting wound up by the sh*te.
      Today is not just any old derby as there is  more than bragging rights up for grabs today & our players will know this.
      I’ll be more than happy for the blueshite & there shithouse fans to lose there sh*t as long as we keep ours together,our football will do the talking today and not snide tackles & below the belt antics ,fully confident of a win today against a tin pot outfit at a two Bob ground 1-3,to the reds.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,465 posts | 3527 
      Reply #2135: Mar 03, 2019 10:36:27 am
      Everyone saying we are under pressure what a load of bollox. I saw Pep after there 1-0 win over mighty Bournemouth telling everyone what a great performance it was how proud he was bla bla bla they are terrified of us
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,750 posts | 2677 
      Reply #2136: Mar 03, 2019 11:53:13 am
      Everyone saying we are under pressure what a load of bollox. I saw Pep after there 1-0 win over mighty Bournemouth telling everyone what a great performance it was how proud he was bla bla bla they are terrified of us

Pep has aged this season..wonder why 😎

They are terrified as they know we ain’t relenting & Pep knows his team has a couple of bad results in them..
      RedWilly

• 7,685 posts | 972 
      Reply #2137: Mar 03, 2019 12:29:42 pm

Don’t think it’s just the derby. It’s football generally for me, it’s movef to a hyper professional game, where surprises are becoming fewer and fewer, not just in England but across Europe. All just seems a bit robotic to me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,267 posts | 1895 
      Reply #2138: Mar 03, 2019 12:43:42 pm
      Pep has aged this season..wonder why 😎

They are terrified as they know we ain’t relenting & Pep knows his team has a couple of bad results in them..

Agree,  plus you can add their attack on three fronts will inevitably take its toll, yes they have a squad to deal with it but they still lose quality, Ferdandinho being a case in point, he's out for a while, they missed Silva & KdB earlier this season and KdB could be out again, Aguero's legs fade in the latter stages and of course the mentality and pressure of HAVING to win wears you down eventually, i think they will drop points in the run in, a draw here or there would seriously damage their confidence, after we hammer BLUESHITE today we only have Spuds at home that could trip us up, anyone else we should be getting max points from.

YNWA
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,530 posts | 1824 
      Reply #2139: Mar 03, 2019 01:00:32 pm

Agree,  plus you can add their attack on three fronts will inevitably take its toll, yes they have a squad to deal with it but they still lose quality, Ferdandinho being a case in point, he's out for a while, they missed Silva & KdB earlier this season and KdB could be out again, Aguero's legs fade in the latter stages and of course the mentality and pressure of HAVING to win wears you down eventually, i think they will drop points in the run in, a draw here or there would seriously damage their confidence, after we hammer BLUESHITE today we only have Spuds at home that could trip us up, anyone else we should be getting max points from.

YNWA

I really sense Citeh starting to run out of steam, I've been saying that for weeks now. 2 1-0 wins against mid table opposition is far from impressive, yes I know we drew to one of them, West Ham,  but that was away from home and a game where they played very well and we were extremely average.
      I sense us building up a head of steam but we must win today and I fancy us to win quite comfortably, quite simply if we play the same as we did against Watford then we win.
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2019 02:23:54 pm by heimdall »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,267 posts | 1895 
      Reply #2140: Mar 03, 2019 01:39:39 pm
      I really sense Citeh starting to run out of steam, I've been saying that for weeks now. 2 1-0 wins against mid table opposition is far from impressive, yes I know we lost to one of them, West Ham,  but that was away from home and a game where they played very well and we were extremely average.
      I sense us building up a head of steam but we must win today and I fancy us to win quite comfortably, quite simply if we play the same as we did against Watford then we win.

Yep, signs are there, City starting to look tired, a few weeks back they were putting 3 or 4 past the likes of B'mouth,  i think its all about timing and pacing yourself thru 9 months, we were at our best up to and thru Xmas, then had our lean spell/blip, and now seem to be picking up where we left off b4 Crimbo, City have been ever constant for the most part but now for me at least look jaded, the next few weeks will be telling, they are picking up injuries to key players just when you need them most, whereas we are getting back on song with key players returning from long term injury, just in time for the pivotal run in !

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,428 posts | 2272 
      Reply #2141: Mar 03, 2019 01:45:03 pm

Yep, signs are there, City starting to look tired, a few weeks back they were putting 3 or 4 past the likes of B'mouth,  i think its all about timing and pacing yourself thru 9 months, we were at our best up to and thru Xmas, then had our lean spell/blip, and now seem to be picking up where we left off b4 Crimbo, City have been ever constant for the most part but now for me at least look jaded, the next few weeks will be telling, they are picking up injuries to key players just when you need them most, whereas we are getting back on song with key players returning from long term injury, just in time for the pivotal run in !

YNWA

De Bruyne and Fernandinho both injured now.
      2 key players out.
      No matter how big their squad is, those 2 will be missed.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,926 posts | 814 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2142: Mar 03, 2019 02:16:29 pm
      We're better than Everton.
      Just need to go there and be professional and put them in their box.
      Great performance last week, that'll have given confidence.
      Sadio to continue his hot streak :)
      Wanna be top again come tea time.
      F**k you Citeh, bastads..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,551 posts | 4110 
      Reply #2143: Mar 17, 2019 04:10:11 pm
      Topic unlocked.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 74 
      Reply #2144: Mar 17, 2019 04:11:34 pm
      Would be a long two weeks if didn't win. Get the f**k in!!!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 400 
      Reply #2145: Mar 17, 2019 04:13:03 pm

JD, why was this locked? Is it because we weren't top?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 400 
      Reply #2146: Mar 17, 2019 04:17:39 pm
      Would be a long two weeks if didn't win. Get the f**k in!!!

Top of the league for the next two weeks!
      The amount of luck we had this season... maybe it's ours.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,595 posts | 447 
      Reply #2147: Mar 17, 2019 04:23:27 pm
      Yes we are! Over to you Citeh.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,413 posts | 1183 
      Reply #2148: Mar 17, 2019 04:49:22 pm
      Nice to be back on top.

Let's see who has more bottle now.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,768 posts | 1925 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2149: Mar 17, 2019 07:50:40 pm
      Back to where we belong. Fulham please make us a favour now!

Quick Reply