Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

We are top of the league!

Read 441212 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3450: Jan 09, 2020 03:56:11 pm
      League record for most wins in a season is 32 (City, twice). I would love to break that one. If we do, will everyone still say we've been lucky?

I honestly believe Klopp will have us go unbeaten in the league this season...just can’t see this extraordinary set of players letting up.. relentless.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3451: Jan 09, 2020 04:20:30 pm
      I honestly believe Klopp will have us go unbeaten in the league this season...just can’t see this extraordinary set of players letting up.. relentless.

The only match which will be tough to avoid a defeat in will be Citeh away because they will be so pumped for that match, all other matches are winnable but sooner or later we'll have a crap performance which we can't squeak out of or get out of jail.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #3452: Jan 09, 2020 04:26:51 pm

Hahaha that would be mental! 30 years of hurt, several heart-breaking bridesmaid nearly years and then when we finally do it its an unbeaten record breaking points total to win the League!

I don't personally think we'll go unbeaten. I just wanna win the bloody thing! I definitely think it's in this team to go on and break City's record points total and I think I would take that over an unbeaten season. However, the pessimist in me is still waiting for it all to blow up in our face so i'll continue to nervously watch our games until we're virtually mathematically clear!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3453: Jan 09, 2020 04:35:13 pm
      League record for most wins in a season is 32 (City, twice). I would love to break that one. If we do, will everyone still say we've been lucky?

Would love to break that too. As for everyone else, who cares what they think? We'll be champions of England, Europe (until the end of the season at least) and the world! ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #3454: Jan 09, 2020 04:35:39 pm
      there is no doubt in my mind this is the best team the club has produced. Will it be the most successful  only time will tell but just enjoy them while we have them these lads span the generations so if your like Billy a more senior red or a young red who have never seen us win the league just enjoy this because it is special
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3455: Jan 09, 2020 05:45:00 pm
      there is no doubt in my mind this is the best team the club has produced. Will it be the most successful  only time will tell but just enjoy them while we have them these lads span the generations so if your like Billy a more senior red or a young red who have never seen us win the league just enjoy this because it is special

Best team since Kennys awesome 87/88/89 teams with barnes, beardo, aldo & rushie.

Could go on to win loads over the next few years.

Good times my friend.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #3456: Jan 09, 2020 06:11:39 pm
      Best 20 mins ever

https://youtu.be/fEJDP7sJuQY

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3457: Jan 09, 2020 07:26:28 pm

Have no idea how they did not include Divok's header against the toffee's
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #3458: Jan 09, 2020 08:33:20 pm
      Simply keep winning and our points tally will keep piling up.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #3459: Jan 10, 2020 12:44:20 am
      We will finish the whole season undefeated, set a new points total, win the league, the FA Cup, and repeat in the CL.  This side will go down as the best team of any single season. 
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3460: Jan 10, 2020 10:25:40 am
      We will finish the whole season undefeated, set a new points total, win the league, the FA Cup, and repeat in the CL.  This side will go down as the best team of any single season.
      We won't win the FA cup!
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #3461: Jan 10, 2020 12:44:47 pm

Why the F**k not?!  This is our year mate!!! 

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3462: Jan 10, 2020 12:52:02 pm

Why do you say that? There is no reason why the best team in the world can't win the FA Cup. If we get past Bristol or Shrewsbury then we are in the last 16, at that point you start putting up half decent sides and perhaps we'll have some good fortune with the draw as well.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3463: Jan 10, 2020 01:46:12 pm
      Why do you say that? There is no reason why the best team in the world can't win the FA Cup. If we get past Bristol or Shrewsbury then we are in the last 16, at that point you start putting up half decent sides and perhaps we'll have some good fortune with the draw as well.
      Because we will play 2nd string sides whilst we still need points to win the league and are still in the CL. 

Eventually we'll come up against a prem side that doesn't fold like Everton.

It's not a priority these days, we focus on the Prem & the CL.

We won't win it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #3464: Jan 10, 2020 02:11:09 pm
      Because we will play 2nd string sides whilst we still need points to win the league and are still in the CL. 

We won't win it.

Say that in our league matches JĂźrgen goes for a first-choice selection of Alisson, TAA, Gomez, Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Gini, Ox, Mo, Bobby and Sadio.

Then with that "2nd string side," on the 26th, JĂźrgen could field
      Adrian, Neco, Matip, Lovren, Larouci, Fabinho, Lallana, Minamino, Shaqiri, Origi and Curtis Jones.

Since you are so certain we will not win the competition, please tell me which Premier League side do you feel that group could not beat?
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3465: Jan 10, 2020 02:57:40 pm
      Say that in our league matches JĂźrgen goes for a first-choice selection of Alisson, TAA, Gomez, Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Gini, Ox, Mo, Bobby and Sadio.

Then with that "2nd string side," on the 26th, JĂźrgen could field
      Adrian, Neco, Matip, Lovren, Larouci, Fabinho, Lallana, Minamino, Shaqiri, Origi and Curtis Jones.

Since you are so certain we will not win the competition, please tell me which Premier League side do you feel that group could not beat?
      Away to any of the "big" clubs & Leicester, we'd be strong 2nd favourites with that line-up.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3466: Jan 10, 2020 03:31:48 pm
      Away to any of the "big" clubs & Leicester, we'd be strong 2nd favourites with that line-up.

I disagree, but if we get drawn against one of those top sides then what makes you think they will field their first XI if we don't or that we wouldn't throw in a couple of our first XI players?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #3467: Jan 10, 2020 03:59:02 pm

But we could win, correct?

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3468: Jan 10, 2020 04:41:17 pm
      Of course we could, however, I stand by my assertion that we won't win the FA cup.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3469: Jan 10, 2020 04:42:46 pm
      I disagree, but if we get drawn against one of those top sides then what makes you think they will field their first XI if we don't or that we wouldn't throw in a couple of our first XI players?
      I said "with that line-up", I didn't say whether we would throw in a couple of our first XI players.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #3470: Jan 10, 2020 05:07:54 pm

We won't win it.

Excellent point. This is how poor you believe Everton is. Complete crumbling in our kids hands who would eventually crumble to some stronger side.

So pressing onto players who just received the ball and preventing them from controlling and executing their next move is so effective that even our kids could tame seasoned pros. If they keep doing what they’re doing, which I saw that they already know what’s required of them, we have every chance.

Apart from seeing Everton as being downright sh*te, we should also give credit to our kids and have some faith in them.

I can imagine this is our team talk “guys you won it because Everton were sh*te, you scored a lucky cross, we won’t win it. Today’s your last match. You will lose at some point today. And good luck”.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3471: Jan 10, 2020 06:37:23 pm

We won't win it.

Think your being dismissive mate and may I say disrespectful to those players who gave their all to beat a well established full premier league side with seasoned professionals,

Who's to say those young lads can't do it again irrespective of who the opposition are,
      Those lads deserve another crack at a side several levels ahead of  them,

Whilst I agree that the worth F**k All cup is probably the least of our  priorities , we are still in it so therefore should try and win it.

It is after all Silverware of which this Football club has and will always strive for.

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #3472: Jan 10, 2020 06:58:12 pm
      Of course we could, however, I stand by my assertion that we won't win the FA cup.

OK. Just pointing out that it's not a lost cause or whatever. Our backups are far better than the average club's backups. Great squad chemistry and they believe in the system. Players are good too.

And of course if we continue to stretch our league lead, you might even see full(er) strength teams selected for later rounds.

Quick Reply