Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Golden Ball (Ballon d'Or) Results

Read 3948 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Golden Ball (Ballon d'Or) Results
      Oct 19, 2008 06:40:42 pm
      Full list of nominees:

Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal), Togo
      Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Argentina
      Andrei Arshavin (Zenit St Petersburg), Russia
      Michael Ballack (Chelsea), Germany
      Karim Benzema (Lyon), France
      Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Italy
      Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Spain
      Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Portugal
      Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Ivory Coast
      Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona), Cameroon
      Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Spain
      Fernando Torres (Liverpool), Spain
      Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), England
      Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan), Sweden
      Kaka (Milan AC), Brazil
      Frank Lampard (Chelsea), England
      Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Argentina
      Pepe (Real Madrid), Portugal
      Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), France
      Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), England
      Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Spain
      Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Spain
      Luca Toni (Bayern Munich), Italy
      Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Netherlands
      Rafael van der Vaart (Real Madrid), Netherland
      Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid), Netherlands
      Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United), Serbia
      David Villa (Valence CF), Spain
      Xavi (FC Barcelone), Spain
      Youri Zhirkov (CSKA Moscow), Russia

I would prefer ANYONE but Crynaldo to win this.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2008 07:13:44 pm by Reslivo »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Golden Ball (Ballon D'or) Nominee Shortlist
      Reply #1: Oct 19, 2008 09:29:33 pm
      Ronaldo will win it.....end of :(
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Oct 19, 2008 10:13:30 pm
      Why the hell is Reina and Masch not on this list!

it's obvious Ronaldo will win it but if justice comes through then it will be going home with El Nino.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #3: Oct 20, 2008 01:34:49 am
      Where's Jerzy?

Rigged it is - I tell ya!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Oct 20, 2008 02:42:02 am
      Diver will win it for sure but i'd like to see Fernando win it :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Oct 24, 2008 04:18:16 pm
      Now why is Van Der Sar on there? So, so glad to see you don't actually have to perform to be on the list.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Oct 25, 2008 05:27:25 pm
      Now why is Van Der Sar on there? So, so glad to see you don't actually have to perform to be on the list.

Exactly what i said and lets be honest Van der Vaart who didnt do all that well in the german league gets in on a few good games in Euro 2008, Wesley Snijder played well all season (when he was fit) and even better in the Euros! shows that the people who draw up this list are clearly idiots. Clubs should nominate 3 players each to go for the award then managers vote for 5 players who are not their own to go into the main draw. Then when it goes to the top 10, let the other players vote because at the end of the day who knows more about how good someone is that the person they faced
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Golden Ball (Ballon d'Or) Results
      Reply #7: Dec 02, 2008 07:12:01 pm
      Dickhead won it.

He shouldn't have - Torres done far more than him in the season, let me show you how:

• Torres arrived from Spain, and scored 33 goals in his FIRST SEASON in England, and broke the record set by van Nistelrooy of 23 League goals in a season.
      • NONE of Torres' goals came from FK's or Penalties; 15 or so of Ronaldo's did.
      • Torres was a breath of fresh-air in the Premiership, Ronaldo was the same old diving monkey he always was.
      • Torres scored the winning goal in EURO 2008 for his country. Ronaldo cried for his country whilst there and carried on courting Real Madrid.

IMO Ronaldo shouldn't be allowed to play the game. Everybody is biased towards him, he cries like a kid in the rare event that something doesn't go his way, he dives, he cheats, he's full of himself, he's a pr**k.

I hope somebody starts a petition to ban him from football, I really, really do.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Ā© Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #8: Dec 02, 2008 07:21:33 pm
      He's a c**t.

Had a small part in a film prior to joining Man Utd - in fact, probably sucked off Platini to get the Ballon d'Or judging by his part in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU6xUyLKn7U
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #9: Dec 02, 2008 07:55:47 pm
      I'm not being biased but i truly believe Fernando Torres should have won, instead of sh*t face!! He had a lot more things to be proud of like Reslivo pointed out in his post!

Such a disgrace!!  >:(

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #10: Dec 03, 2008 08:11:00 am
      The 2008 European Player of the Year Results

Points
      1. Cristiano Ronaldo ( Manchester United and Portugal)                    446
      2. Lionel Messi ( Barcelona and Argentina )                                     281
      3. Fernando Torres ( Liverpool and Spain )                                179
      4. Iker Casillas ( Real Madrid and Spain )                                         133
      5. Xavi Hernandez ( Barcelona and Spain )                                      97
      6. Andrei Arshavin ( Zenit St Petersburg and Russia)                        64
      7. David Villa ( Valencia and Spain )                                               55
      8. Kaka ( AC Milan and Brazil )                                                       31
      9. Zlatan Ibrahimovic ( Inter Milan and Sweden )                             30
      10. Steven Gerrard ( Liverpool and England )                            28
      11. Marcos Senna ( Villareal and Spain)                                          16
      12. Emmanuel Adebayor ( Arsenal and Togo)                                 12
      13. Wayne Rooney ( Manchester United and England )                    11
      14. Sergio Aguero ( Atletico Madrid and Argentina )                        10
      15. Frank Lampard ( Chelsea and England)                                      8
      16. Franck Ribery ( Bayern Munich and France)                                7
      17. Samuel Eto'o ( Barcelona and Cameroon )                                 6
      18. Gianluigi Buffon ( Juventus and Italy)                                        5
      19. Michael Ballack ( Chelsea and Germany)                                   
            Cesc Fabregas ( Arsenal and Spain )                                         4
      21. Didier Drogba ( Chelsea and Ivory Coast )                                 
           Sergios Ramos ( Real Madrid and Spain )                           
           Nemanja Vidic ( Manchester United and Serbia )                        3
      24. Edwin van der Sar ( Manchester United and Netherlands )         
           Ruud Van Nistelrooy ( Real Madrid and Netherlands )                  2

A Liverpool player in top 3 :) and Stevie G is the highest ranked English player. I am surprised Pepe Reina isn't in there and also Wesley Sneijder.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Dec 03, 2008 09:03:39 am
      Iā€™m sorry but I have to agree that Christiano ā€œits an Adams apple honestā€ Ronaldo is a worthy winner of the Balloon Door (or whatever its called) the prize isnā€™t a personality contest its based purely on football achievements and scoring 40 odd goals whether they are free kicks or pens Whilst also helping your team to a league and Euro (Thanks JT!) double does unfortunately class as ā€˜quite a good seasonā€™.

Look Iā€™m with the majority when it comes to him as a person, he is arrogant beyond belief, whines constantly, spends more time in the air than the Red Arrows and worryingly constantly reminds me of a Brazilian pre-op transsexual :-\ (err I havenā€™t met one honest) but if you remember we where a fraction away from signing him first and for a much smaller fee than Slur Alex actually paid, and could anyone honestly hand on heart not admit he could have done a job for us? Granted he would be hard pushed to edge Benayoun or Pennant from the squad!! But a few games in our reserves and I am sure he would have come good in the end, Also I believe he wouldnā€™t have had half the arrogance or whiny nature he has if heā€™d joined us as lets face it if you want to develop those particularly nasty traits joining the Mancs is probably your ideal move.

No we should concentrate on what we have, a fantastic young man who is humble and even shy but stick him on the pitch and heā€™s deadly! His goal tally last year was amazing and the way he adapted to English football was second to none, his strength is also scary as when Chelsea came to town and JT tried to kick him in the air Nando was having none of it and faced him up straight away, meanwhile Ronaldo receives the same treatment does a triple pike with 6 degrees of difficulty and lands on Fergies lap in the dug out!

Ronaldo will be gone within a year or two whilst Nando gives the impression already he is here for life, one plays the game as it should be the other incorporates pantomime into his game (ā€œI heard I beep I did!ā€) but it will be a sad day for me when Ronaldo leaves these shores as frankly heā€™s worth keeping for the comedy factor alone, from his rolling up and down the pitch to his little girl sobs when things donā€™t go right for him he is a riot and for me should get the award for this alone. ;D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Dec 03, 2008 09:27:04 am
      What the F**k has Lionel Messi done for club and F***ing country?

Torres scores 33 goals for club, scores the winning goal for Spain in the European Championships and ends up behind Messi?!  What-the-F**k.

F**k off FIFA, or whoever casts these decisions.  Probably Septic Bladder and that French tw*t Michael Platini!

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #13: Dec 03, 2008 12:21:57 pm
      Yeah but I'd say I have no problem with Messi getting 2nd. He constantly banters his opponents whenever he plays.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #14: Dec 03, 2008 03:24:37 pm
      I can't believe this hand-balling cheating get won to be honest.

Especially after his cynical cheating in the Liverpool West Ham game.

paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #15: Dec 03, 2008 04:04:58 pm
      I can't believe this hand-balling cheating get won to be honest.

Especially after his cynical cheating in the Liverpool West Ham game.

:lmao: :lmao:

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #16: Dec 03, 2008 04:59:22 pm
      Messi has done nothing, correct.

Glenbuck I understand that Ronaldo scored 42 legit goals and "helped" ManUre to the title(s) (:-\), but the fact is that the European Championship is, arguably, greater than the EPL and the UCL put together. Torres scored the winning goal there, securing his country a first international title since 1964(?). Plus, if Torres had scored 42 goals, 15 of which were from dead-ball situations you can bet your life that he wouldn't have won that Ballon d'Or. All this proves is that the world loves Man United, and it's just simple United bias. That's all it ever will be my friend.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Dec 03, 2008 07:39:37 pm
      All this proves is that the world loves Man United, and it's just simple United bias. That's all it ever will be my friend.

No not this time mate, if they are always biased to Manc players how come its took forty years for one of them to win it again? Law 1964, Charlton 1966 and Best in 1968 are their winners and whilst I dislike their club as much as any other Red I dont have a blind bigotry to a players footballing ability (not that you do of course ::)), dont you think you just hate this decision because frankly putting football aside he is a Manc Tit? (a good enough reason in my opinion ;D)

I think he won the award because the panel is made up from foreign journalists who only mainly see players on Champions league nights and so that would have helped swing it for him if you also add it together with his league goal tally, but if I'm honest I couldn't care if Dean Windass had won it as for me its the footballing equivalent of a Blue Peter Badge, its nice at the time to get one but in the end is it something people are going to remember?..... I wonder what Mr Owen at Newcastle thinks.

Also when Nando is holding the Euro Cup or league or both at the end of the season Ladyboy will have to make do with his Balloon ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: Dec 04, 2008 12:11:01 pm

Quick Reply