Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

5m + Lennon + O'Hara for Keane ?

Read 13094 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      5m + Lennon + O'Hara for Keane ?
      Dec 08, 2008 09:46:03 am
      Tottenham will offer £5m plus midfielders Aaron Lennon and Jamie O'Hara - valued at £10m and £5m respectively - to tempt Liverpool into selling former Spurs striker Robbie Keane. (Daily Mirror)

I'm sure many people would have read this. I'm in two minds about this one because although i'm happy giving Keane time, he just isn't scoring when he should be and i believe it would be a good deal for our club. Get Babel playing just behind Torres upfront, Lennon on the right.
      « Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008 10:03:41 am by JD »
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: £5m + Lennon + O'Hara for Keane ?
      Reply #1: Dec 08, 2008 09:57:40 am
      Tell them to ****off and go fish in another pond.
      The lads only just arrived patiance is virtue he will come good.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: 5m + Lennon + O'Hara for Keane ?
      Reply #2: Dec 08, 2008 10:06:01 am
      Tell them to ****off and go fish in another pond.
      The lads only just arrived patiance is virtue he will come good.

I'm not buying any of this 'give the lad time' stuff, sorry. 

He's a £20 million striker, how old is he? 27, 28? He's played in the Premiership for years.

There's no way in the world he should have taken this much time at all. 

Great players at that age don't need time. 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: Dec 08, 2008 10:07:33 am
      :D

I'm all for giving him time but he shouldn't need til new year to settle in. He has never taken this long before. He can't cope with the hype that was given about his signing and he clearly can't cope with the pressure of Liverpool paying so much for his services.

Don't you think this would be a good deal though? Finally the fast tricky winger we've always needed and wanted.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Dec 08, 2008 10:16:56 am
      I don't know how the value of that deal stacks up, but I would take Lennon.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Dec 08, 2008 10:19:51 am
      What you mean mate?

You think we are getting ripped off or we're getting the better deal?
      deny_me
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 08, 2008 10:34:45 am
      Honestly I tink this is a good bargain.

We get a good young winger and babel can move to a central forward role, plus we get another mid feild player and abit of cash to fill in the gaps
      *cough* wing back *cough*. Either way i see it's a win-win situation for us. :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Dec 08, 2008 10:38:58 am
      F**k off thankyou. O'Hara? What would we do with him? Lennon plus 10 million and i'll consider it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Dec 08, 2008 11:06:31 am
      O'Hara? What would we do with him? Lennon plus 10 million and I'll consider it.

You beat me to it ;D.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Dec 08, 2008 11:09:12 am
      Lennon...

I would take him.  But at the cost of Robbie Keane?!  I agree with what JD said that we shouldn't be waiting for him to hit top form, but I'm willing to give a chance for when Torres gets back.

Torres has been on and off the injury table and we haven't seen them upfront much, (when they were starting to show some real creativity together) after all, Rafa did say he is the perfect partner for Fernando Torres, that's what he was brought here for, to assist Torres.

But his shots to goal ratio is shocking for a player of his real calibre.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Dec 08, 2008 11:19:19 am
      Lennon...

I would take him.  But at the cost of Robbie Keane?!  I agree with what JD said that we shouldn't be waiting for him to hit top form, but I'm willing to give a chance for when Torres gets back.

Torres has been on and off the injury table and we haven't seen them upfront much, (when they were starting to show some real creativity together) after all, Rafa did say he is the perfect partner for Fernando Torres, that's what he was brought here for, to assist Torres.

But his shots to goal ratio is shocking for a player of his real calibre.

Why not at the cost of Keane? Top form; he hasn't had any consistantly good form what so ever? £20m for somebody to just assisst his strike partner, why bother if that's the reason why we bought him. I say do £8-10m + Lennon and get the deal done. If he isn't playing well come the end of January.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,265 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #11: Dec 08, 2008 11:20:31 am
      We're dealing with Rednapp here! Alarm bells!! Lennon has probally a terminal illness.

The lads only just arrived Patience is virtue he will come good.

Torres, did not need time, Crouch was scoring by now!

I'm not buying any of this 'give the lad time' stuff, sorry. 

He's a £20 million striker, how old is he? 27, 28? He's played in the Premiership for years.

There's no way in the world he should have taken this much time at all. 

Great players at that age don't need time. 

Agree, Sorry Robbie, Your in the Numbers now, your not supernumerary.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Dec 08, 2008 11:22:31 am
      We're dealing with Rednapp here! Alarm bells!! Lennon has probally a terminal illness.

Torres, did not need time, Crouch was scoring by now!

Agree, Sorry Robbie, Your in the Numbers now, your not supernumerary.

An unhealthy Lennon looks better than a healthy Keane on the pitch if that's the case ;D.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Dec 08, 2008 12:46:44 pm
      Hmmm, maybe 10mill and Lennon, O'Hara im not to sure on
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #14: Dec 08, 2008 01:43:03 pm
      Robbie's not been here a season yet and people are looking to get rid?? I was patient with Crouchie and I'll be patient with Keane..
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #15: Dec 08, 2008 02:07:18 pm
      Robbie's not been here a season yet and people are looking to get rid?? I was patient with Crouchie and I'll be patient with Keane..

You'll also be wrong, he ain't got it and there is a line between patience, loyalty and plain stubborness
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #16: Dec 08, 2008 02:48:28 pm
      I would make this deal and would be happy with it to sell a NOTHING PLAYER and get Lennon and O Hara in it plus 5 mil.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #17: Dec 08, 2008 04:48:51 pm
      Keane will get a season, Rafa can be ruthless but he does give most players a fair crack at the whip and a season is pretty much right. Who knows he might go on a tear the second half of the season :D

As far as their players are concern O'Hara I wouldn't touch because we already have a good young left sided player in Insua but Lennon would be a good player to take a chance on, he has good pace but maybe he could develop a end product.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #18: Dec 08, 2008 05:09:32 pm
      Why would we need O'Hara? He'd never play here, he's not good enough. I'd take Lennon, though.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #19: Dec 08, 2008 05:22:31 pm
      I do want to see Keane given more time, and I think he will be too. But really speaking he shouldn't be this poor. He should have contributed a little more. Mad thing is, I can see him coming good and hopefully we'll all laugh that this was even considered.

I'd consider it at the end of the season if the scenario hadn't changed, certainly regarding Lennon plus money.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #20: Dec 08, 2008 07:17:42 pm
      You'll also be wrong, he ain't got it and there is a line between patience, loyalty and plain stubborness

At least explain why you think I'm wrong..

He hasn't been here a full season.. err.. Am I wrong?
      Crouchie took a while to get going err.. Am I incorrect?..

He's a quality player who is under performing for whatever reason, therefore he has "got it" but he's not currently using it.. I agree that at some point with a player who's not coming up with the goods you eventually have to draw the line but i think a few months is way too soon..

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #21: Dec 08, 2008 07:21:06 pm
      At least explain why you think I'm wrong..

He hasn't been here a full season.. err.. Am I wrong?
      Crouchie took a while to get going err.. Am I incorrect?..

He's a quality player who is under performing for whatever reason, therefore he has "got it" but he's not currently using it.. I agree that at some point with a player who's not coming up with the goods you eventually have to draw the line but I think a few months is way too soon..

Yea because Crouchie did great when Nando was here..... so i dont see that as a valid reason to play Keane. However, i can understand you thinking its too soon, fair enough its most likly because you never had a real opinion of Keane up untill he was linked with us, me being from Ireland i had one, and it was of him being over rated, thats why im fed up already becuase i never liked him in the 1st place
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #22: Dec 10, 2008 10:32:55 am
      I don't know. I just don't know. I'd like Lennon, a fast tricky winger, what we've lacked.Don't know about O'Hara.
      I'd still persist with Keane though, he's been poor so far but is just as likely to score loads after New Year, i just think if we get behind him he will come good. I think he is a player who relies alot on the fans. If they're behind him he will fly, if they're not he will feel un-confident and perform poorly.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #23: Dec 10, 2008 01:56:07 pm
      This should be locked... its never gonna happen! and to debate getting rid of Keane after hardly any games is harsh... also i seem to remember Peter Crouch taking a while to start finding the net!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Dec 10, 2008 05:30:40 pm
      If this is going to be blocked mate then might aswell block most of the other topics if not all. That is a rash comment.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #25: Dec 10, 2008 06:13:15 pm
      This should be locked... its never gonna happen! and to debate getting rid of Keane after hardly any games is harsh... also I seem to remember Peter Crouch taking a while to start finding the net!

I also remember him leaving the club because we realised that 4-2-3-1 is the way foward.....
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #26: Dec 10, 2008 08:33:09 pm
      its never in a million years gonna happen quote me on this.... and yeah some of the other stupid rumours should be locked too! i thought crouch left because Rafa didn't rate him high enough... a rash comment is to debate getting rid of Keane already.. its December he has the same amount of goals as berbatov, probably more assists! give the guy a break.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2008 04:17:04 am
      its never in a million years gonna happen quote me on this.... and yeah some of the other stupid rumours should be locked too! I thought crouch left because Rafa didn't rate him high enough... a rash comment is to debate getting rid of Keane already.. its December he has the same amount of goals as berbatov, probably more assists! give the guy a break.

Actually a good point that last little bit. I'm sure most forgot about that because Scum never get that attention towards their players.

I do say give Robbie time, not a fan of his, but all players deserve it and even Mark Gonzalez, Nunez and co. got their opportunity so i doubt Keane will be sent packing already for such a big loss.

This is discussion on rumours though and thats what a forum is for.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2008 10:18:59 am
      This is discussion on rumours though and thats what a forum is for.

What's the life of football without a few rumours and debates like these :D ;) ::)...
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2008 05:22:52 pm
      I know, i cant resist a good debate... this transfer board is gonna go silly soon, I'll be staying well away!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2008 05:34:09 pm
      Berbatov isn't doing any better. At least Keane doesn't disappear all the time
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #31: Dec 13, 2008 08:55:08 am
      Good point there about Berbatov, but I never rated him anyway. When I heard that he was signed for 30million or whatever I pissed myself laughing. Keane will come good, I'd rather try signing Lennon for 8-10mil with no Robbie Keane inmvolved in the deal
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: Dec 13, 2008 02:05:04 pm
      I know, I cant resist a good debate... this transfer board is gonna go silly soon, I'll be staying well away!

Please explain why it is going to go silly soon mate? Whenever there is a rumour that we could debate about, i don't see why we shouldn't. Makes it worth while :D
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #33: Dec 16, 2008 03:09:20 pm
      Because once January kicks in there will be twice as many made up rumours...  i dont like debating things that really aren't gonna happen... we ain't getting Bale/Adriano/Ireland etc its just a waste of time pretending we might.. if its a credible source then yeah lets debate.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #34: Dec 16, 2008 06:26:14 pm
      All's not well at Anfield for Ireland's most expensive footballer. After losing his place in the side, now Keane's captain has disclosed that he may be set for a January move...

Robbie Keane's Liverpool career may be nearing an end just six months after it began, with Steven Gerrard hinting that the Republic of Ireland captain could be on the way out of Anfield in January.

Former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson spoke yesterday on 'The Last Word' radio show on Today FM in Ireland, and revealed that he had been speaking to the Reds' captain in the wake of the side's 2-2 draw with Hull City on Saturday, in which Gerrard netted a brace.

According to Lawrenson, Gerrard hinted that Keane may be set for a premature departure from the club he supported as a boy after an underwhelming start to life on Merseyside.

The Irishman and Gerrard share an agent, and Lawrenson disclosed that the England midfielder was fearful about Keane's immediate future.

The 28-year-old has not been selected in the starting line-up for either of Liverpool's last two Premier League games, and was left on the bench as Nabil El Zhar, Ryan Babel and Lucas Leiva were sprung from reserve for Saturday's fixture.

According to reports, the Reds have only paid around a quarter of the £20.3 million due to Tottenham Hotspur for the player's signature to date, which means Harry Redknapp could take the former Internazionale frontman back to White Hart Lane for a cut-price deal.

I really don't like this ,,(if it is true ) its not Liverpool style to give up easily on a player who have not had  enough time on the pitch  to shine
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #35: Dec 16, 2008 08:34:52 pm
      Cheers Xabi, I was looking around to see if anyone had posted this, cos I saw it on another forum.

Not really shocked at this to be honest, typical of Lawro to come out with some sh*te regarding a struggling player, the thing that I find really annoying is the fact that Lawrenson actually named Gerrard. He is spouting basic gossip by now third-party and could have easily said from someone within the club, rather than actually naming our captain.

I don't know what's going through Gerrard's head, if true, he'll of been made to look a bit stupid, especially if he didn't know Lawro was then going to spout it all over the airwaves.

I just wish sometimes players would keep schtum of things like this, whether they're true, or complete tosh, it just gives those in the media who wish to stab us even further in the back.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #36: Dec 17, 2008 08:29:44 am
      Bullshit.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #37: Dec 17, 2008 06:39:38 pm
      And I found this on another forum .don't know if it is true ,But i believe it is :: so  sure No Spurs for Keane

The speculation ends here; Robbie Keane will not be leaving Liverpool for Spurs in January. Why?........Because it's against the rules...

Speculation linking Robbie Keane to a return to Tottenham Hotspur is ultimately pointless, with a Premier League stipulation ending the possibility of Keane making the trip back to his old stomping ground.

Rule L19 states, in no uncertain terms, that a Premier League outfit may not re-sign a player with whom they have cancelled terms, within 12 months of his original transfer away from the club.

It goes thus; Premier League’s Rules of The Association and Laws of the Game Season 2008–2009, Rule L19: "A Club which transfers or cancels the registration of a Player may not apply to register that Player within a year except with the prior written consent of the Board."

The clause exists to prevent clubs from manipulating the strict loan system; were it not in place, clubs would be free to 'sell' players to other clubs before 'buying' them back at the end of a specified period, within a year.

There still exists however, a misconception about Keane's eligibility to sign for Spurs in January, which is more-or-less an impossibility. Appeals can take place, but it is a rare occurence that the governing body would see groun*s to ratify a transfer.

Dispensation has been granted in the past for the rule to be circumvented with Chris Powell moving back to Charlton from West Ham in 2005. The former England international was permitted to do so only because he was at the time a free-agent, having being released from his contract at Upton Park.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Dec 18, 2008 11:47:11 am
      And I found this on another forum .don't know if it is true ,But I believe it is :: so  sure No Spurs for Keane

The speculation ends here; Robbie Keane will not be leaving Liverpool for Spurs in January. Why?........Because it's against the rules...

Speculation linking Robbie Keane to a return to Tottenham Hotspur is ultimately pointless, with a Premier League stipulation ending the possibility of Keane making the trip back to his old stomping ground.

Rule L19 states, in no uncertain terms, that a Premier League outfit may not re-sign a player with whom they have cancelled terms, within 12 months of his original transfer away from the club.

It goes thus; Premier League’s Rules of The Association and Laws of the Game Season 2008–2009, Rule L19: "A Club which transfers or cancels the registration of a Player may not apply to register that Player within a year except with the prior written consent of the Board."

The clause exists to prevent clubs from manipulating the strict loan system; were it not in place, clubs would be free to 'sell' players to other clubs before 'buying' them back at the end of a specified period, within a year.

There still exists however, a misconception about Keane's eligibility to sign for Spurs in January, which is more-or-less an impossibility. Appeals can take place, but it is a rare occurence that the governing body would see groun*s to ratify a transfer.

Dispensation has been granted in the past for the rule to be circumvented with Chris Powell moving back to Charlton from West Ham in 2005. The former England international was permitted to do so only because he was at the time a free-agent, having being released from his contract at Upton Park.

May i just say, i never state when this would happen and to be honest i never said it would.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #39: Dec 18, 2008 12:45:44 pm
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #40: Dec 18, 2008 01:16:55 pm
      If we can get this deal, I would certainly take lennon then play:
      Reina GK
      Arbeloa RB
      Carra CB
      Agger CB
      **new lb**
      Lennon RM
      Gerrard CM
      Masch CM
      Riera LM
      Babel SS (Second striker, just behind el nino)
      Torres FC

But as far as O'Hara is concerned, he can play at left back (or has done for spurs), left wing or centre mid, for me he aint good enuff for left back, or left wing, and in the centre he has to push out either Masch, Gerrard, Xabi, Lucas and maybe even plessis,  now I thought of a great swap deal which may be possible depending on totthenams valuation of the player. If we ask for no money, just Lennon and Bale, maybe even pay spurs £1million if they want then that would solve our probs me thinks :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #41: Dec 18, 2008 01:36:43 pm
      If we can get this deal, I would certainly take lennon then play:
      Reina GK
      Arbeloa RB
      Carra CB
      Agger CB
      **new lb**
      Lennon RM
      Gerrard CM
      Masch CM
      Riera LM
      Babel SS (Second striker, just behind el nino)
      Torres FC

But as far as O'Hara is concerned, he can play at left back (or has done for spurs), left wing or centre mid, for me he aint good enuff for left back, or left wing, and in the centre he has to push out either Masch, Gerrard, Xabi, Lucas and maybe even plessis,  now I thought of a great swap deal which may be possible depending on totthenams valuation of the player. If we ask for no money, just Lennon and Bale, maybe even pay spurs £1million if they want then that would solve our probs me thinks :D

That would be an amazing team. Maybe the new left back being Bale,Clichy or somebody like Bridge.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #42: Dec 18, 2008 02:02:43 pm
      wouldn't get clichy arsenal wouldn't sell for the price we would pay, bale hasn't reached his full potential yet but he is a great player already so think of how good he'll be ifn a few years hey? Bridge for me is too injury prone. Bale all the way :D

BTW thanks for the "amazing team" comments.
      I think we realistically have a chance of acheiving that team.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: Dec 18, 2008 03:15:22 pm
      True there about Clichy mate i didn't think of that. I agree that Bale will be a cracking player in a few years. We should look at signing him. No problem about that "amazing team" comment ;) ;D. Give it till summer and we will have that team :P
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #44: Dec 18, 2008 03:58:17 pm
      In the meantime, the wheeling and dealing for the next window is already starting with Robbie Keane sipposedly out of Anfield at the first opportunity. For me it's just another example of where Benitez fails as a manager - £20m for a bloke who doesn't fit the team and would rather be playing in Gerrard's place, when he's half the player.

Rafa just hasn't cut it in the transfer market, Torres aside, particularly in the wide areas. There's even a chance Keane'll be flogged back to Spurs for a quarter of the price (with a few instalments wiped out maybe, if THFC are feeling generous). This could represent the dopiest single bit of transfer business in the last five years, couldn't it?

I can't think of owt worse offhand, although I'm sure you'll correct me. Levy'll be hoping Benitez is in the market for a few more Spurs cast-offs in January... at this rate they'll be competing with Chelsea and Man City for the big names come 2010.

Not that Keane should stay with the Reds given his current form. The lad who comes off the bench from time to time seems a much better bet, and might soon lead to questions about how you're going to Stop Ngog.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/robborobson/2008/12/mickey_mouse_in_japan.html
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #45: Dec 18, 2008 03:59:12 pm
      True there about Clichy mate I didn't think of that. I agree that Bale will be a cracking player in a few years. We should look at signing him. No problem about that "amazing team" comment ;) ;D. Give it till summer and we will have that team :P

Bale is ludicrously overrated. Not worth it.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #46: Dec 18, 2008 04:27:43 pm
      Bale is ludicrously overrated. Not worth it.

Yep, has he even been on the winning side yet for Spurs? I heard this ridiculous fact that when Bale has played Spurs haven't won or something on those lines.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #47: Dec 19, 2008 02:19:10 am
      Amazing team? No Xabi, Babel being a second striker and no left back when we have Insua itching to play.

Has Babel been a second striker in his life? Xabi has been in career best form and leading us around the park and Insua is one of the best left backs going around who IMO is a thousand times better than Bale.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Dec 19, 2008 11:22:34 am
      Just because Xabi wasn't in there that doesn't mean it wasn't an amazing team mate. It just proves we have strength in depth. I never said that would be our BEST TEAM did i?
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #49: Dec 19, 2008 12:50:21 pm
      Amazing team? No Xabi, Babel being a second striker and no left back when we have Insua itching to play.

Has Babel been a second striker in his life? Xabi has been in career best form and leading us around the park and Insua is one of the best left backs going around who IMO is a thousand times better than Bale.

What on earth has Insua done to warrant such praise???

If he played for United you wouldn't be saying the same. Rafael has looked good for them and a better prospect than Insua.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #50: Dec 19, 2008 04:45:18 pm
      What on earth has Insua done to warrant such praise???

If he played for United you wouldn't be saying the same. Rafael has looked good for them and a better prospect than Insua.

No offence.... but your an idiot  :f_doh:

Insua has been fantastic in every level of this club, and Dossena cant defend, ironically noone can defend dossenas place in the team either so it must be Insua. As for Rafael, yea he's alrite but he cant defend either, Insua can
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #51: Dec 19, 2008 08:02:14 pm

Well think about it, we can either play like that and try and win more games with a more offensive attitude BTW I think Insua should be playing too, but maybe rafa doesn't think hes ready just yet. If you want Xabi in as he has been arguably our best player this season we would have to accomodate by doing something like:
                       Xabi               Masch
      Gerrard/Babl   Gerrard/ Babel          Riera
                               Torres
      Arguably, Gerrard plays best out on the right, and yes babel has played second striker, he played there sometimes for Ajax. Its basically attacking midfield/second striker depeding on what you want to call it so...

Crouchinho that is the only way I can think that rafa would fit Xabi, Masch, Gerrard, Torres, Babel and riera. But the whole point of this is would we want lennon and Bale for keane and my answer is yes because it would give us another different option, Bale for the weaker teams as he is more offensive so we can exploit them. Lennon with his pace for well... alot of teams, and then we would be able to take some responsibilty off torres and Stevie as we rely on them a hell of a lot for goals, Hull we would of lost if we didn't have gerrard playing, not just cos he scored both goals, but the way he played. Thats one of the reasons we haven't won the league for a long time - too much responsibility being unnessacerily given to players. I'm not saying they can't cope but maybe people like Pennant rely on Gerrard and Torres when he played (notice the word played haha) and didn't put enough effort in.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #52: Dec 19, 2008 09:08:37 pm
      Once he's got going, it's Keane you'd want to have as the second striker. Mark my words bobobobo.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #53: Dec 19, 2008 09:12:40 pm
      No offence.... but your an idiot  :f_doh:

Insua has been fantastic in every level of this club, and Dossena cant defend, ironically noone can defend dossenas place in the team either so it must be Insua. As for Rafael, yea he's alrite but he cant defend either, Insua can

What a stupid thing to say!

If Insua was already this top-class defender that some people here are deluding themselves into thinking, then we wouldn't have needed to spend £8m on a new one in the Summer, would we? We would have just kept Insua as the number one and Aurelio as his backup.

Some people are so biased that anyone can play for the club and they're instantly top notch.

FFS...get real.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #54: Dec 19, 2008 09:13:44 pm
      Once he's got going, it's Keane you'd want to have as the second striker. Mark my words bobobobo.

But Keane can't play the role he wants because Gerrard has that spot sewn up, and rightly so.

Keane should NEVER have been signed.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #55: Dec 19, 2008 09:18:33 pm
      But Keane can't play the role he wants because Gerrard has that spot sewn up, and rightly so.

Keane should NEVER have been signed.

I was talking about bobobobo's team, not in real life, in which case Keane would fill that role.

In real life however, I agree with you 100%.

But the lad's here now and he's a Liverpool player so we have to support him all the way.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #56: Dec 19, 2008 09:21:20 pm
      I was talking about bobobobo's team, not in real life, in which case Keane would fill that role.

In real life however, I agree with you 100%.

But the lad's here now and he's a Liverpool player so we have to support him all the way.

I want Keane to be a success as I don't want to see anyone in the Red shirt fail, no way...also a fellow lifelong supporter.

But my head says that he's just not going to fit in here, so we should cut our losses and get rid.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #57: Dec 19, 2008 09:46:37 pm
      What a stupid thing to say!

If Insua was already this top-class defender that some people here are deluding themselves into thinking, then we wouldn't have needed to spend £8m on a new one in the Summer, would we? We would have just kept Insua as the number one and Aurelio as his backup.

Some people are so biased that anyone can play for the club and they're instantly top notch.

FFS...get real.
      look your obviously not as intellegent as I thought, and those standards were low in the first place. Insua has never put a foot wrong one in his Liverpool career, is that enough reason to say he's a good player.... yes it is. Im not saying he's the best LB ever just that he's very solid, very finnan-esk. As for buying Dossena, Rafa knew Aurelio would get injured so he didnt want to have Insua his only LB for half the season, its common sence, and you give me a neg for not understanding.... that seemed straight foward to me and suprise suprise im right again, and before you reply why dont you read this a few times.... just so you understand.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #58: Dec 19, 2008 09:58:04 pm
      Insua is a good defender. Nice and solid, does his job. He isn't special yet or anything, but the thing is when he is called up to play he does his bloody job for the team. In my view, the same can't be said of Dossena.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #59: Dec 19, 2008 10:01:53 pm
      Insua is a good defender. Nice and solid, does his job. He isn't special yet or anything, but the thing is when he is called up to play he does his bloody job for the team. In my view, the same can't be said of Dossena.
      Careful you may get a neg for praising Insua :-/ as for the deal on Lennon and ohara, it aint happening
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #60: Dec 19, 2008 10:03:44 pm
      Careful you may get a neg for praising Insua

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #61: Dec 19, 2008 10:10:56 pm
      I think Rafa bought Dossena purely for insurance purposes. Aurélio was injured at the time, and Insua wasn't quite ready to break through to the first-team - but he has now shown his worth, and I think Insua will make a brilliant left-back in the near future. That's the end of it in my opinion.

Also:
      A reminder: The rating system is not to be used as to whether or not you agree with with a poster's point of view but to score the quality of their posts. When you are reading through a topic then as you read each post you can click [good] or [bad] or of course don't vote.

... before everybody starts handing out negs like ham sandwiches.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #62: Dec 19, 2008 10:16:13 pm
      .... i wonder who Res is on about
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #63: Dec 19, 2008 10:21:43 pm
      .... I wonder who Res is on about

Deary me. Some people these days.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #64: Dec 19, 2008 10:52:23 pm
      look your obviously not as intellegent as I thought, and those standards were low in the first place. Insua has never put a foot wrong one in his Liverpool career, is that enough reason to say he's a good player.... yes it is. Im not saying he's the best LB ever just that he's very solid, very finnan-esk. As for buying Dossena, Rafa knew Aurelio would get injured so he didnt want to have Insua his only LB for half the season, its common sence, and you give me a neg for not understanding.... that seemed straight foward to me and suprise suprise im right again, and before you reply why dont you read this a few times.... just so you understand.

Bull.

You aren't "right" by any stretch, you're wildly wrong as it goes...but don't let that stop you talking more rubbish  :D

Rafa signed Dossena to be the number one left-back here. Fact.

If Insua were as good as you think, he'd have played more than the handful of games he has in his Anfield career.

He looks a promising kid, but he's not a "great player" like the guy above wildly pronounced. That was just foolish.

He has come in and done a job for the team, but he's not set the world on fire or dazzled anyone...hence Dossena coming straight back in for the Hull game.

Insua is still very much third choice left-back as it stands and needs to be given more time before people start laying so much unfair expectation on his shoulders.

Careful you may get a neg for praising Insua :-/ as for the deal on Lennon and ohara, it aint happening

Go back, compare the balanced view this guy offered and then look at the OTT rubbish you posted and see where you went wrong  ;)
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2008 02:33:09 am by redkenny »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #65: Dec 19, 2008 11:56:56 pm
      Bull.

You aren't "right" by any stretch, you're wildly wrong as it goes...but don't let that stop you talking more rubbish  :D

Rafa signed Dossena to be the number one left-back here. Fact.

If Insua were as good as you think, he'd have played more than the handful of games he has in his Anfield career.

The fact that you feel your football knowledge is better than mine does amuse me, ok you look back at your less than 200 posts, and see the amount of people you have said "your wrong/ your just an idiot" and then look at my 3,000+ posts and count the same thing. The fact that you have more people saying your an idiot should show you something there "mate" And what did i say about reading. Did I once say Insua was 1st choice LB or did i once say that Dossena wasnt signed to be number 1 choise..... no i did not.

And btw, why dont you reply to peoples posts within the one post, instead of lots of little annoying ones, just a friendly peice of advise ;)
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #66: Dec 20, 2008 10:41:04 am
      I want Keane to be a success as I don't want to see anyone in the Red shirt fail, no way...also a fellow lifelong supporter.

But my head says that he's just not going to fit in here, so we should cut our losses and get rid.
      Thats what i was thinking, I think babel is good enough to fit in at liverpool and that was the only way i could fit him, gerrard, masch, lennon and everyone in with that formation which seems to be one we use quite a lot.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #67: Dec 20, 2008 10:42:09 am
      Thats what I was thinking, I think babel is good enough to fit in at liverpool and that was the only way I could fit him, gerrard, masch, lennon and everyone in with that formation which seems to be one we use quite a lot.

We usually play with Masch and Alonso, they weren't both in your team.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #68: Dec 20, 2008 10:44:59 am
      well I have had a change of mind now, I just thought why not:
      Reina GK
      Arbeloa RB
      Carra CB
      Agger CB
      Insua LB
      Lennon RM
      Xabi CM
      Masch CM
      Riera LM
      Gerrard AM
      Torres FC

Bring babel on between 60-70 mins as he is a great impact player.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #69: Dec 20, 2008 07:32:52 pm
      well I have had a change of mind now, I just thought why not:
      Reina GK
      Arbeloa RB
      Carra CB
      Agger CB
      Insua LB
      Lennon RM
      Xabi CM
      Masch CM
      Riera LM
      Gerrard AM
      Torres FC

Bring babel on between 60-70 mins as he is a great impact player.

Now that's what I call a team.   ;D
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #70: Dec 20, 2008 08:14:21 pm
      Trust in rafa he knows damn well whats he's doing ,success dnt come over night .keep your eyes on the game on sunday  . then you will know why we are called the mighty reds . trust me guys we have and got what it takes to win the league . you cannot change players every season its an individual effort and it takes heart and soul to get there . Our players are just discovering that now come sunday and we are going to witness just that . i think rafas doing a fantastic job mites , when  we played manure and beat them like we did also chelsea we dont need new players just yet . our players are building and finding on that belief, trust me we are going to win the league come may its all about belief and staying positive .1 game at a time .....come on u mighty red men lets live up to our name   
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #71: Dec 21, 2008 02:25:34 am
      I'm definately with you Mag. Vedder, have you even seen Insua play, by the sounds of it, its a no. He has never been made to look out of his depth by anyone. Look at when he played against City, some very pacey players and he handled himself very, very well.

The only reason why he isnt in the first team now is that he is very young (19) for someone to just walk into a top defensive line like ours. I will say this though, in one/two seasons he will be number 1 choice and make his mark as one of the best LB's this club will see.

You may say that Rafael for Scum is very young and has come into the first team but they have Gary Neville as their only RB right now. Because he is sh*t, Rafael has been given the shot.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #72: Dec 22, 2008 01:56:36 am
      I'm definately with you Mag. Vedder, have you even seen Insua play, by the sounds of it, its a no. He has never been made to look out of his depth by anyone. Look at when he played against City, some very pacey players and he handled himself very, very well.

The only reason why he isnt in the first team now is that he is very young (19) for someone to just walk into a top defensive line like ours. I will say this though, in one/two seasons he will be number 1 choice and make his mark as one of the best LB's this club will see.

You may say that Rafael for Scum is very young and has come into the first team but they have Gary Neville as their only RB right now. Because he is sh*t, Rafael has been given the shot.

:action-smiley-055: How do like those apples "genius" guess thats one more person thinks your wrong

::) couldn't resist
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #73: Dec 22, 2008 04:19:49 am
      Ahem, must admit, Vedder was right. Insua isn't up to standard from what i saw ::)

He IS a great player and dont tell me otherwise. He dazzled one of the best teams in England, meaning one of the best teams in the world. His delivery and running was top notch but for once, a left back who was defensively aware, made crucial interceptions and got stuck in.

3rd choice? Your having a laugh mate.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #74: Dec 22, 2008 01:41:56 pm
      Insua MUST play more games, be 1st choice after yesterday. Also I am prepared to give keane till end of season but would like lennon if we could. Keane was Brilliant against the arses yesterday, don't think rafa/sammy lee are convinced tho as he still got taken off. This will either start keane on a scoring run or do what he did after his brace against west brom, not score for ages. Hopefully scoring run, I know this goes against what I've said in the past, I think if Keane plays like that every week he will be worth the £20million we payed rather than a 20th of a pound.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #75: Dec 23, 2008 10:02:25 am
      Insua is still very much third choice left-back as it stands

He's defensively aware of had to do, didn't once look over his head against one of the best teams in the country and then in the second half, he kept Samir Nasri quiet.
      None of the goals we've conceded when he has played have been his fault, which is more than I can say about Dossena. I didn't see him mis-place a pass or give away the ball cheaply once.

He knows his job, he knows when to go forward, he can make decisions and he IS a great player!

If that makes him third choice over Dangerous Dossena and injury-prone Aurelio then  :mad: .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #76: Dec 23, 2008 03:53:27 pm

I Like that, made me laugh!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #77: Jan 05, 2009 11:38:03 am
      About the Insua starting regularly at left back issue, i would love for him to play more games for us but he isn't experienced enough but soon should be if he carries on the way he currently is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #78: Jan 05, 2009 01:07:36 pm
      About the Insua starting regularly at left back issue, I would love for him to play more games for us but he isn't experienced enough but soon should be if he carries on the way he currently is.

Stuff experience, he's good enough. He handled Arsenal, blitzed Newcastle, he is clearly good enough and miles better than the others.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #79: Jan 05, 2009 01:10:46 pm
      Insua doesn't make many or in fact any costly mistakes for a 19 year old lad. I like him alot
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #80: Jan 05, 2009 04:01:58 pm
      Insua doesn't make many or in fact any costly mistakes for a 19 year old lad. I like him alot
      i agree with you there mate insua is our best left back i no thats not sayin much but he is still only 19

Quick Reply