Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

5m + Lennon + O'Hara for Keane ?

Read 13003 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Re: 5m + Lennon + O'Hara for Keane ?
      Reply #46: Dec 18, 2008 04:27:43 pm
      Bale is ludicrously overrated. Not worth it.

Yep, has he even been on the winning side yet for Spurs? I heard this ridiculous fact that when Bale has played Spurs haven't won or something on those lines.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Dec 19, 2008 02:19:10 am
      Amazing team? No Xabi, Babel being a second striker and no left back when we have Insua itching to play.

Has Babel been a second striker in his life? Xabi has been in career best form and leading us around the park and Insua is one of the best left backs going around who IMO is a thousand times better than Bale.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Dec 19, 2008 11:22:34 am
      Just because Xabi wasn't in there that doesn't mean it wasn't an amazing team mate. It just proves we have strength in depth. I never said that would be our BEST TEAM did i?
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #49: Dec 19, 2008 12:50:21 pm
      Amazing team? No Xabi, Babel being a second striker and no left back when we have Insua itching to play.

Has Babel been a second striker in his life? Xabi has been in career best form and leading us around the park and Insua is one of the best left backs going around who IMO is a thousand times better than Bale.

What on earth has Insua done to warrant such praise???

If he played for United you wouldn't be saying the same. Rafael has looked good for them and a better prospect than Insua.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #50: Dec 19, 2008 04:45:18 pm
      What on earth has Insua done to warrant such praise???

If he played for United you wouldn't be saying the same. Rafael has looked good for them and a better prospect than Insua.

No offence.... but your an idiot  :f_doh:

Insua has been fantastic in every level of this club, and Dossena cant defend, ironically noone can defend dossenas place in the team either so it must be Insua. As for Rafael, yea he's alrite but he cant defend either, Insua can
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #51: Dec 19, 2008 08:02:14 pm

Well think about it, we can either play like that and try and win more games with a more offensive attitude BTW I think Insua should be playing too, but maybe rafa doesn't think hes ready just yet. If you want Xabi in as he has been arguably our best player this season we would have to accomodate by doing something like:
                       Xabi               Masch
      Gerrard/Babl   Gerrard/ Babel          Riera
                               Torres
      Arguably, Gerrard plays best out on the right, and yes babel has played second striker, he played there sometimes for Ajax. Its basically attacking midfield/second striker depeding on what you want to call it so...

Crouchinho that is the only way I can think that rafa would fit Xabi, Masch, Gerrard, Torres, Babel and riera. But the whole point of this is would we want lennon and Bale for keane and my answer is yes because it would give us another different option, Bale for the weaker teams as he is more offensive so we can exploit them. Lennon with his pace for well... alot of teams, and then we would be able to take some responsibilty off torres and Stevie as we rely on them a hell of a lot for goals, Hull we would of lost if we didn't have gerrard playing, not just cos he scored both goals, but the way he played. Thats one of the reasons we haven't won the league for a long time - too much responsibility being unnessacerily given to players. I'm not saying they can't cope but maybe people like Pennant rely on Gerrard and Torres when he played (notice the word played haha) and didn't put enough effort in.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Reply #52: Dec 19, 2008 09:08:37 pm
      Once he's got going, it's Keane you'd want to have as the second striker. Mark my words bobobobo.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #53: Dec 19, 2008 09:12:40 pm
      No offence.... but your an idiot  :f_doh:

Insua has been fantastic in every level of this club, and Dossena cant defend, ironically noone can defend dossenas place in the team either so it must be Insua. As for Rafael, yea he's alrite but he cant defend either, Insua can

What a stupid thing to say!

If Insua was already this top-class defender that some people here are deluding themselves into thinking, then we wouldn't have needed to spend £8m on a new one in the Summer, would we? We would have just kept Insua as the number one and Aurelio as his backup.

Some people are so biased that anyone can play for the club and they're instantly top notch.

FFS...get real.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #54: Dec 19, 2008 09:13:44 pm
      Once he's got going, it's Keane you'd want to have as the second striker. Mark my words bobobobo.

But Keane can't play the role he wants because Gerrard has that spot sewn up, and rightly so.

Keane should NEVER have been signed.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Reply #55: Dec 19, 2008 09:18:33 pm
      But Keane can't play the role he wants because Gerrard has that spot sewn up, and rightly so.

Keane should NEVER have been signed.

I was talking about bobobobo's team, not in real life, in which case Keane would fill that role.

In real life however, I agree with you 100%.

But the lad's here now and he's a Liverpool player so we have to support him all the way.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #56: Dec 19, 2008 09:21:20 pm
      I was talking about bobobobo's team, not in real life, in which case Keane would fill that role.

In real life however, I agree with you 100%.

But the lad's here now and he's a Liverpool player so we have to support him all the way.

I want Keane to be a success as I don't want to see anyone in the Red shirt fail, no way...also a fellow lifelong supporter.

But my head says that he's just not going to fit in here, so we should cut our losses and get rid.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #57: Dec 19, 2008 09:46:37 pm
      What a stupid thing to say!

If Insua was already this top-class defender that some people here are deluding themselves into thinking, then we wouldn't have needed to spend £8m on a new one in the Summer, would we? We would have just kept Insua as the number one and Aurelio as his backup.

Some people are so biased that anyone can play for the club and they're instantly top notch.

FFS...get real.
      look your obviously not as intellegent as I thought, and those standards were low in the first place. Insua has never put a foot wrong one in his Liverpool career, is that enough reason to say he's a good player.... yes it is. Im not saying he's the best LB ever just that he's very solid, very finnan-esk. As for buying Dossena, Rafa knew Aurelio would get injured so he didnt want to have Insua his only LB for half the season, its common sence, and you give me a neg for not understanding.... that seemed straight foward to me and suprise suprise im right again, and before you reply why dont you read this a few times.... just so you understand.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Reply #58: Dec 19, 2008 09:58:04 pm
      Insua is a good defender. Nice and solid, does his job. He isn't special yet or anything, but the thing is when he is called up to play he does his bloody job for the team. In my view, the same can't be said of Dossena.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #59: Dec 19, 2008 10:01:53 pm
      Insua is a good defender. Nice and solid, does his job. He isn't special yet or anything, but the thing is when he is called up to play he does his bloody job for the team. In my view, the same can't be said of Dossena.
      Careful you may get a neg for praising Insua :-/ as for the deal on Lennon and ohara, it aint happening
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Reply #60: Dec 19, 2008 10:03:44 pm
      Careful you may get a neg for praising Insua

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #61: Dec 19, 2008 10:10:56 pm
      I think Rafa bought Dossena purely for insurance purposes. Aurélio was injured at the time, and Insua wasn't quite ready to break through to the first-team - but he has now shown his worth, and I think Insua will make a brilliant left-back in the near future. That's the end of it in my opinion.

Also:
      A reminder: The rating system is not to be used as to whether or not you agree with with a poster's point of view but to score the quality of their posts. When you are reading through a topic then as you read each post you can click [good] or [bad] or of course don't vote.

... before everybody starts handing out negs like ham sandwiches.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #62: Dec 19, 2008 10:16:13 pm
      .... i wonder who Res is on about
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Reply #63: Dec 19, 2008 10:21:43 pm
      .... I wonder who Res is on about

Deary me. Some people these days.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #64: Dec 19, 2008 10:52:23 pm
      look your obviously not as intellegent as I thought, and those standards were low in the first place. Insua has never put a foot wrong one in his Liverpool career, is that enough reason to say he's a good player.... yes it is. Im not saying he's the best LB ever just that he's very solid, very finnan-esk. As for buying Dossena, Rafa knew Aurelio would get injured so he didnt want to have Insua his only LB for half the season, its common sence, and you give me a neg for not understanding.... that seemed straight foward to me and suprise suprise im right again, and before you reply why dont you read this a few times.... just so you understand.

Bull.

You aren't "right" by any stretch, you're wildly wrong as it goes...but don't let that stop you talking more rubbish  :D

Rafa signed Dossena to be the number one left-back here. Fact.

If Insua were as good as you think, he'd have played more than the handful of games he has in his Anfield career.

He looks a promising kid, but he's not a "great player" like the guy above wildly pronounced. That was just foolish.

He has come in and done a job for the team, but he's not set the world on fire or dazzled anyone...hence Dossena coming straight back in for the Hull game.

Insua is still very much third choice left-back as it stands and needs to be given more time before people start laying so much unfair expectation on his shoulders.

Careful you may get a neg for praising Insua :-/ as for the deal on Lennon and ohara, it aint happening

Go back, compare the balanced view this guy offered and then look at the OTT rubbish you posted and see where you went wrong  ;)
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2008 02:33:09 am by redkenny »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #65: Dec 19, 2008 11:56:56 pm
      Bull.

You aren't "right" by any stretch, you're wildly wrong as it goes...but don't let that stop you talking more rubbish  :D

Rafa signed Dossena to be the number one left-back here. Fact.

If Insua were as good as you think, he'd have played more than the handful of games he has in his Anfield career.

The fact that you feel your football knowledge is better than mine does amuse me, ok you look back at your less than 200 posts, and see the amount of people you have said "your wrong/ your just an idiot" and then look at my 3,000+ posts and count the same thing. The fact that you have more people saying your an idiot should show you something there "mate" And what did i say about reading. Did I once say Insua was 1st choice LB or did i once say that Dossena wasnt signed to be number 1 choise..... no i did not.

And btw, why dont you reply to peoples posts within the one post, instead of lots of little annoying ones, just a friendly peice of advise ;)
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #66: Dec 20, 2008 10:41:04 am
      I want Keane to be a success as I don't want to see anyone in the Red shirt fail, no way...also a fellow lifelong supporter.

But my head says that he's just not going to fit in here, so we should cut our losses and get rid.
      Thats what i was thinking, I think babel is good enough to fit in at liverpool and that was the only way i could fit him, gerrard, masch, lennon and everyone in with that formation which seems to be one we use quite a lot.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Reply #67: Dec 20, 2008 10:42:09 am
      Thats what I was thinking, I think babel is good enough to fit in at liverpool and that was the only way I could fit him, gerrard, masch, lennon and everyone in with that formation which seems to be one we use quite a lot.

We usually play with Masch and Alonso, they weren't both in your team.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #68: Dec 20, 2008 10:44:59 am
      well I have had a change of mind now, I just thought why not:
      Reina GK
      Arbeloa RB
      Carra CB
      Agger CB
      Insua LB
      Lennon RM
      Xabi CM
      Masch CM
      Riera LM
      Gerrard AM
      Torres FC

Bring babel on between 60-70 mins as he is a great impact player.

Quick Reply