Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Bordeaux away - Post Match Discussion thread

Read 2740 times
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 239 posts | -1 
      Oct 18, 2006 09:47:28 pm
      I thought we played alright and we look in good shape goin into sundays game against man u
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #1: Oct 18, 2006 10:00:54 pm
      Wouldn't go as far as saying we played well...

But, an important three points.  Should help us qualify from the group - 7 points from 3 games, two of which were away.

Compare that with 11 points from 8 league games!

Good to see Kuyt and Momo get some first team action under their belts prior to Sunday and Gonzalez got a run out.

Zenden should have made it 2-0, and Crouch and Bellamy don't look like they are going to set the world on fire.

In Kuyt we trust!
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #2: Oct 18, 2006 10:28:08 pm
      ok so we got the 3 points but i thought that was 1 of our worst away performances in the champs league yet against extremely poor opposition bordeux were there for the taking.

Zenden is crap to be frank i know we didnt have that many options in the middle but if sissoko was fit enough to come on he should of started we just didnt have anybody there to take the game by the scruff of he neck and control matters.

We cant really take any positives from the performance but we can from the fact we got an away win which was needed although we did make it hard for ourselves at times and as ray wilkins said at half time the liverpool team at anfield will give bordeux a pasting.

We cant go into the game against man ure with the same attitude or we is on a hiding to nothing although that will be a totally different game.

But as i said we got the win which is the most important thing and we sit pretty at the top of the group with 2 home games on the bounce to come which should see us safely through to the next round fingers x
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 18, 2006 10:39:06 pm
      thought zenden was garbage gave ball away to easily and no drive from centre of midfield.hope speedy gets a run in the team think he will do well if rafa shows some confidence in him.poor peformance good result.bring the dirty mancs on.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #4: Oct 19, 2006 12:29:04 am
      wots the news on steve g? is he goin to be fit for sundays game? if not i say we will win 1- nill, if he is fit 2-nill to us.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 19, 2006 10:10:10 am
      Thought is was a poor performance against a very poor team.  

Zenden and Alonso were not getting any of the second balls.  We only looked good when sissoko came on.  Alonso would not get in my first 11 with his latest perfomances.

Did anyone else think the Crouch was playing far too deep?  When Bellamy did get the ball he only had gonzalez or Garcia for comapny.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #6: Oct 19, 2006 02:36:07 pm
      It wasn't pretty but it was job done, a great goal the big fella wasn't playing games there! The result was the important thing, it should give us confidence for Sunday now bring on those horrible yankee lovin' Inbreads!  ;)
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #7: Oct 19, 2006 07:08:52 pm
      Quote from: "Boot"
      Thought is was a poor performance against a very poor team.  

Zenden and Alonso were not getting any of the second balls.  We only looked good when sissoko came on.  Alonso would not get in my first 11 with his latest perfomances.

Did anyone else think the Crouch was playing far too deep?  When Bellamy did get the ball he only had gonzalez or Garcia for comapny.

Excellent - well put.  My thoughts exactly.  

I don't think either Alonso OR Gerrard are playing well.  What is up with Alonso, and Reina.  Some sort of Spanish disease?? Maybe it's the pissy weather finally getting to them.  They're probably missing going down the beach in their speedo's and helping get all the sunbeds out...maybe.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2006 07:32:57 pm
      We were poor.
      Nothing more to say about the match than that.
      We need to be quicker with passing, looking for space. Attacking and putting pressure on the defenders.
      If we play like that against United the scoreline wont be too pretty to be honest.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Oct 19, 2006 10:30:57 pm
      And on to the positives, Sami was looking like his old self, glad he made the effort !!  I think he'll be playing Sunday, Stevie G is deffo playing on Sunday- according to Sky Sports- so lets hope he rallies the troops like he should be doing.  

I think he's been having problems off the pitch, he definitely hasn't been himself lately. Lets hope whatever it is thats troubling him has pissed off by Sunday.. :D

2-1 The Reds   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Quick Reply