Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Michael Turner (Hull City)

Read 13290 times
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Re: Michael Turner (Hull City)
      Reply #23: Jul 30, 2009 08:09:19 pm
      sign him as backup to me and im a left winger ;D
      Terry Macs Perm
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 97 posts |
      • 1977 - what a goal!
      Reply #24: Jul 30, 2009 08:35:21 pm
      I agree the quality might not be there but rumours like these may be being generated because Rafa has half an eye on the new UEFA rules and so needs to stock up on English players. Just a thought...
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #25: Jul 30, 2009 08:52:08 pm
      Turner focused on Tigers

Hull City defender Michael Turner is refusing to let his head be turned by reported interest from rival Premier League clubs.

Following a fine debut campaign in England's top flight last term, the 25-year-old central defender has reportedly caught the eye of both Liverpool and Tottenham.

Although Harry Redknapp has since denied any interest in the player, speculation linking Turner with the KC Stadium exit door continues to linger.

But the former Charlton trainee is refusing to get drawn into the speculation and is instead focused solely on working on his fitness to ensure he is ready for the start of the season.

"I am just concentrating on my training at the moment as I want to get fit for the first game of the season," Turner said.

"I have heard about one or two things that have been in the paper but I am not really thinking about it to be honest. I am just concentrating on getting fit."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5462468,00.html
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #26: Jul 30, 2009 11:48:22 pm
      Turner focused on Tigers

Hull City defender Michael Turner is refusing to let his head be turned by reported interest from rival Premier League clubs.

Following a fine debut campaign in England's top flight last term, the 25-year-old central defender has reportedly caught the eye of both Liverpool and Tottenham.

Although Harry Redknapp has since denied any interest in the player, speculation linking Turner with the KC Stadium exit door continues to linger.

But the former Charlton trainee is refusing to get drawn into the speculation and is instead focused solely on working on his fitness to ensure he is ready for the start of the season.

"I am just concentrating on my training at the moment as I want to get fit for the first game of the season," Turner said.

"I have heard about one or two things that have been in the paper but I am not really thinking about it to be honest. I am just concentrating on getting fit."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5462468,00.html
      That only means no actual bid was made.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #27: Jul 31, 2009 03:29:07 am
      I agree the quality might not be there but rumours like these may be being generated because Rafa has half an eye on the new UEFA rules and so needs to stock up on English players. Just a thought...

You could save 5m quid if you just use someone like Kelly as part of the squad (especially where Kelly is a Liverpool product, not a English product in which Turner would be classed under) as the 4th choice CB.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #28: Jul 31, 2009 11:50:03 am
      Tamyka don't post from such sources at all ....you are allowed to read the sun but don't post it in this forum !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #29: Jul 31, 2009 12:07:07 pm
      Tamyka don't post from such sources at all ....you are allowed to read the sun but don't post it in this forum !

To be honest as a Liverpool fan, I suggest you don't read the sun.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #30: Jul 31, 2009 12:27:47 pm
      I don't read the the sun but she does so that's why she's posting it up here
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #31: Aug 07, 2009 10:37:02 pm
      Liverpool bid for Turner rejected: Hull defend £12m for defender
      Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has seen a bid to land defender Michael Turner on the cheap fail after Hull demanded £12million.

Benitez saw a verbal enquiry amounting to £6m for the highly rated centre half rejected out of hand.

Hull manager Phil Brown rates his prize asset at double that price and intends to hold out for a bigger fee.

He said: 'We've had a verbal offer from a club in the Premier League but there's been no firm offer through communications at boardroom level. That was nowhere near our expectations.

'I'm still adamant that it would take a big offer to prise Michael away, no matter who that club is.

'We've got a prized asset there and I will guarantee that no player will leave the club on the cheap.'

Benitez has some money to spend after selling Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid for £30m and is eager to land a defender. He has been monitoring Turner, 25, for the past year.

Meanwhile, Hull have had a £3m bid for Cardiff's Ross McCormack rejected.

Brown is unwilling to match Cardiff's £4m price tag for the 22-year-old Scotland striker, who the Welsh side snapped up for £100,000 last year from Motherwell.

Click here for Mail online Article

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #32: Aug 08, 2009 12:19:18 am
      The lad is 25 years old - good age for a defender. £12m is high though.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #33: Aug 08, 2009 12:19:23 am
      Liverpool bid for Turner rejected: Hull defend £12m for defender
      Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has seen a bid to land defender Michael Turner on the cheap fail after Hull demanded £12million.

Benitez saw a verbal enquiry amounting to £6m for the highly rated centre half rejected out of hand.

Hull manager Phil Brown rates his prize asset at double that price and intends to hold out for a bigger fee.

He said: 'We've had a verbal offer from a club in the Premier League but there's been no firm offer through communications at boardroom level. That was nowhere near our expectations.

'I'm still adamant that it would take a big offer to prise Michael away, no matter who that club is.

'We've got a prized asset there and I will guarantee that no player will leave the club on the cheap.'

Benitez has some money to spend after selling Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid for £30m and is eager to land a defender. He has been monitoring Turner, 25, for the past year.

Meanwhile, Hull have had a £3m bid for Cardiff's Ross McCormack rejected.

Brown is unwilling to match Cardiff's £4m price tag for the 22-year-old Scotland striker, who the Welsh side snapped up for £100,000 last year from Motherwell.

Click here for Mail online Article
      He's staying put then?

£12m? :o We could have had Kolo Toure for £Arbeloa extra. ::)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #34: Aug 08, 2009 12:20:39 am
      But if his price tag is 12m and Rafas offering half that is a bit insulting of how much he wants him i would of offered 8.5m see where we could go from there.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #35: Aug 08, 2009 12:23:28 am
      But if his price tag is 12m and Rafas offering half that is a bit insulting of how much he wants him I would of offered 8.5m see where we could go from there.

I think we offered £6m then Hull decided to double it, due to Rafa's bulging wallet after Alonso leaving. ;) It's the done thing this summer.

I'd much rather see Kelly given time in the squad.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #36: Aug 08, 2009 12:26:58 am
      I wouldnt mind to be honest as long as they are English as i am scared that rule 6+5 or something will come into place and we will be screwed.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #37: Aug 08, 2009 01:07:34 am
      :lmao:

No thanks! Push Martin Kelly through!
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #38: Aug 08, 2009 03:13:17 am

I'm with you mate, its a while since Ive been so impressed with a youth product although i do like Insua,Pacheco,Derby,Spearing... got a a good feeling about Kelly! the money could be spent elsewhere.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #39: Aug 08, 2009 06:50:01 am
      If Rafa was ready to splash out 6 mn on him,I don't think he is targetting another major signing becasue 6 mn is a decent sum of money taken out from his transfer budget.maybe we'll just see a back-up CB and striker added to the squad before the kick-off.
      JayP
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • It's Rush!
      Reply #40: Aug 08, 2009 07:25:22 am
      How about a high-price loan deal, say 500k, till Christmas maybe?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Aug 08, 2009 08:21:24 am
      Liverpool bid for Turner rejected: Hull demand £12m for defender

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205136/Liverpool-bid-Turner-rejected-Hull-demand-12m-defender.html#ixzz0NZdJCbZ7

Benitez has some money to spend after selling Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid for £30m and is eager to land a defender. He has been monitoring Turner, 25, for the past year

redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #42: Aug 08, 2009 08:27:16 am
      Why is this in 'The Kop'?

He isn't close to being a Liverpool player yet.. or is it just my computer?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #43: Aug 08, 2009 08:33:58 am
      Why is this in 'The Kop'?

He isn't close to being a Liverpool player yet.. or is it just my computer?

All fixed now.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #44: Aug 08, 2009 09:26:06 am
      Is Rafa thinking of the 6+5 again,not saying Turner is a bad player far from it but surely he would be a back up for Agger and Skrtel.If this offer is true that is!
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 08, 2009 09:28:36 am

I would be annoyed if we spent 6 M on a centre half when the money is needed elsewhere. Kelly can step up

Quick Reply