Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Blackburn: Post match thread, comments, discussion

Read 3011 times
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 239 posts | -1 
      Oct 14, 2006 05:15:54 pm
      Another 3 points down the f**king drain !!!!!!!

(Surely drawing would mean 2 points down the drain? - Ed)
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Reply #1: Oct 14, 2006 05:24:35 pm
      we hav been the worst f*****g team in the league this year ffs cliftonville r better.
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #2: Oct 14, 2006 06:13:39 pm
      Ok we played below par agaiin but personaly ithink the

internationals being played during the season have a lot to do

with this preparations  have been kept to a minimum

injuries to key players have taken  their toll

why not go back to the old format and play them at seasons end

COME ON THE REDS
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 14, 2006 06:35:20 pm
      the 1st half let us down badly we just werent at the races the 2nd half we took more control of the game and started to pin them back a bit but again the final ball or shot was letting us down.

With bordeux away next then an away game to castle greyskull we really need to start putting the ball in the back of the net we really cant drop that many more points
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Oct 14, 2006 07:08:37 pm
      Just back from the game.

First half was dismal.  We had two great chances in the first 10 minutes - Crouch should have done better then we fell asleep and Blackburn scored with their first chance.

Liverpool looked a different side in the second half.

So much for all the pundits saying Gerrard has to play in centre midfield.

We were garbage in the middle today.  No player should expect to start every game, that includes Gerrard.  He hasn't done anything this season.  If I had to decide between him and Momo for the middle, I think I would have to go Momo at the minute.  At no point did he (yet again!) fulfil his captaincy duties and urge the other players on when we underperforming and 1-0 down.

And I hate to say but Bellamy didn't deserve his goal.  Considering he was bought primarily for his pace, he couldn't outrun the Blackburn wing-backs.

We should have beaten Blackburn today. Two points thrown away.

Rafa needs to stop choosing sides based on the 'next' game because we aren't winning the 'current' games with this approach.

My verdict (from a surprisingly rubbish spec today at the front of the Anny Road)

Reina - lacking in confidence.  A decent scramble to prevent Blackburn going 2-0 up otherwise not much to do.

Aurelio - not settled yet.  Some good free kicks, some poor crosses.

Hyypia - lost his pace.  We missed Agger today.

Carragher - obviously been listening to Steve McLaren talking sh*te for a week - an off day.

Finnan - pick of the defenders.  I often used to think of him as one of our weaker players, but he is very efficient.

Riise - anonymous.

Gerrard - brief flashes of brilliance. Lack of captaincy worrying.

Pennant - skinned a few players BUT tries to take too many people on and crossing was shockingly bad.

Alonso - nowhere near his old form but improving with each game.

Bellamy - got his first goal and equaliser but overall he was poor.  THought he would have been up for this one but he was the one player who did look tired after Internationals.

Crouch - missed a couple of sitters.  Difted out wide too much trying to play the ball with his feet, not available for crosses.

Garcia (sub) - impressive when he replaced Pennant.  Definitely should play more regulary in the home matches.  Makes opposing defence uneasy.

---

Atmosphere: Rubbish.  The Blackburn fans were just as poor.  I continue to find it extremely annoying that with tons of Liverpool fans unable to get tickets that the ones who are there do not add to the atmosphere.  Why go to a football match.  Why not just watch it on the TV or the internet?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Oct 14, 2006 07:44:29 pm
      In other words - we were sh*t  :oops:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6: Oct 14, 2006 08:52:41 pm
      We weren't sh*t. In fact we haven't really played sh*t all season.

Second half we were half decent BUT we are just not finishing off chances or we are doing the old Houllier pass it to death routine.

Going back to Jabba's post a few weeks ago - just simple goals will do - they don't have to be spectacular.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #7: Oct 14, 2006 09:06:37 pm
      with this kind of form, i think we're going to win the champions league again.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Oct 14, 2006 10:17:38 pm
      For fucks sake, what happened?
      Why can't we score more than once?
      And by going what Benitez said that we were unlucky not to win... Why can't we put the ball in the net more often?
      And maybe, just maybe. We can WIN a game!
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Reply #9: Oct 15, 2006 08:57:24 am
      reina- lacking confidence
      hyypia-defo losing pace
      carra- not bad
      finnan- attacked well.sme nice through balls to pennant
      riise- not bad, he is consisitent,. made a few aggressive runs but nothing really came out of them
      aurelio- takes too many free kicks
      gerrard- many stray passes
      xabi- nice passes. played well
      pennant- maybe trying to hard? i dont think his crosss were of good quality at all. he was running at defenders on occasions when instead he culs have made a better pass
      bellamy-plse can you control the ball!
      crouch- did ok

overall we should have won on 2d haif performance but im really worried. it looks like we may be fighting for 4th spot again. what a let down august-oct has been for us.i really believed thsi was our yr. man sh*te, arsenal can usually roll teams over with our performance in 2nd half. i cant unerstand why we struggle every year.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10: Oct 15, 2006 01:47:21 pm
      pissed off...we whould be belting teams like Blackburn especially at home. Once again we have all the play especially after they scored(they go down there once and score)    :cry:

We dominated them in the 2nd half.....

why cant we do what Man Scum did to Wigan and stick 3 past them in thes econd half...

why do Chelski get a friggin fluky own goal?

Whats the matter with us? now we have to go to Bordeaux and Man Scum within a week....we need a change of luck...hopefully we can get back Kuyt and Sissoko and Rafa give Paletta a chance...I just wanna see him knock the crap out of Ronaldo when he tries to go on one of those fancy runs he does.....

I'll be honest and say that I looked up to the heavens last night at half-time and said I'll take a draw against Blackburn as long as we beat those pricks at Trafford next Sunday!!!!

Another 6 point game for us and for once I'd just like to beat one of the supposed big 3 especially away at there place in front of their scum supporters...
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #11: Oct 15, 2006 07:44:20 pm
      Quote from: "JD"
      Just back from the game.

First half was dismal.  We had two great chances in the first 10 minutes - Crouch should have done better then we fell asleep and Blackburn scored with their first chance.

We were garbage in the middle today.  No player should expect to start every game, that includes Gerrard.  He hasn't done anything this season.  If I had to decide between him and Momo for the middle, I think I would have to go Momo at the minute.  At no point did he (yet again!) fulfil his captaincy duties and urge the other players on when we underperforming and 1-0 down.

And I hate to say but Bellamy didn't deserve his goal.  Considering he was bought primarily for his pace, he couldn't outrun the Blackburn wing-backs.

Rafa needs to stop choosing sides based on the 'next' game because we aren't winning the 'current' games with this approach.

My verdict (from a surprisingly rubbish spec today at the front of the Anny Road)

Reina - lacking in confidence.  A decent scramble to prevent Blackburn going 2-0 up otherwise not much to do.

Carragher - obviously been listening to Steve McLaren talking sh*te for a week - an off day.

Finnan - pick of the defenders.  I often used to think of him as one of our weaker players, but he is very efficient.

Riise - anonymous.

Pennant - skinned a few players BUT tries to take too many people on and crossing was shockingly bad.

Bellamy - got his first goal and equaliser but overall he was poor.  THought he would have been up for this one but he was the one player who did look tired after Internationals.

Crouch - missed a couple of sitters.  Difted out wide too much trying to play the ball with his feet, not available for crosses.

Garcia (sub) - impressive when he replaced Pennant.  Definitely should play more regulary in the home matches.  Makes opposing defence uneasy.

---

Atmosphere: Rubbish.  The Blackburn fans were just as poor.  I continue to find it extremely annoying that with tons of Liverpool fans unable to get tickets that the ones who are there do not add to the atmosphere.  Why go to a football match.  Why not just watch it on the TV or the internet?

Totally correct in all you say here, I would just like to add with regards to your statement about the atmosphere, I agree to a certain extent about what you are saying but with wankers being so negative all around there is bound not to be any atmosphere.

A fat 4 eyed w**ker behind me was actually calling Pennant a lazy c**t and F***ing useless, and everything anyone was doing was sh*te and they were all wankers and cu*ts, this fat bastads profanties even made me blush, and to boot he has his wife and daughter with him.

Negative wasters like that are not really needed at a  Liverpool football match, and he was not the only one doing this to our team on Saturday. This negative attitude by some only makes things worse, and I swear if I ever have to sit in front of that spitting dick head again he is gonna get a smack in the mouth. Disgraceful behavior from someone local who is no supporter in my opion and a complete disgrace, this is why all the atmosphere has disappeard. I just hope things are gonna get better for when i come up for the Aston Villa game on the 28th. And that bastad better hope im not sat anywhere near him.
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 16, 2006 08:18:57 am
      100 percent agree with you what are we breeding?

bunch of  whingers and moaners?

ok  as  supporters we have a right to  be critical

but  the main aim is to get behind our team

if these  so called supporters cant get behind the team

they should  give up their tickets to the real fans

LIVERPOOL  TIL  I  DIE 8)
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #13: Oct 16, 2006 04:22:01 pm
      Quote from: pragmatic
      Quote from: JD
      Just back from the game.

Riise - anonymous.

---

Totally correct in all you say here, I would just like to add with regards to your statement about the atmosphere, I agree to a certain extent about what you are saying but with wankers being so negative all around there is bound not to be any atmosphere.

A fat 4 eyed w**ker behind me was actually calling Pennant a lazy c**t and f***ing useless, and everything anyone was doing was sh*te and they were all wankers and c**ts, this fat bastads profanties even made me blush, and to boot he has his wife and daughter with him.

Negative wasters like that are not really needed at a  Liverpool football match, and he was not the only one doing this to our team on Saturday. This negative attitude by some only makes things worse, and I swear if I ever have to sit in front of that spitting dick head again he is gonna get a smack in the mouth. Disgraceful behavior from someone local who is no supporter in my opion and a complete disgrace, this is why all the atmosphere has disappeard. I just hope things are gonna get better for when i come up for the Aston Villa game on the 28th. And that bastad better hope im not sat anywhere near him.

You know what I think you just met FamousLiverbird himself!
      samsagaz23
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #14: Oct 16, 2006 04:35:25 pm
      The problem is that we're not create enough chances to score. We need some creative player like Cesc Fabregas that in last moment give a good pass. This player maybe could be S. Gerrard but he plays in wherever place but where he must play.

We pass from defence to attack without center field. Sometimes Alonso and S. Gerrard give a good long distance pass but this doesn't work too much, logically.

Momo is good for defence, for pressure but he's not the man i´m talking about.

We need a player that plays ahead of Momo and Alonso, next to S. Gerrard. A creative man.

YNWA.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #15: Oct 16, 2006 05:25:32 pm
      Droping 2 points at home to Blackburn is disapionting, But we aren't the worse team in the league as some one said! I do think we need to be patient and allow the lads to gell together in to a team, there was a lot of changes in the Summer. Loosing Momo and Kuyt is a big blow for our team. Kuyt is our no.1 striker, Momo does a great job for us. With them two out we wont look as good as we can.

The worrying thing for me is that we never seem to play for 90mins, we have good periods, we have good halves but we dont seem to come out and have a good 90 mins. We can play, We were better than Chelsea at the bridge, even before Bollock got sent off. We need that level performance all the time and I do think that we will get there.  ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #16: Oct 16, 2006 11:56:05 pm
      JD,
      you really seem to know your stuff.
      You got a season ticket for anny road then?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #17: Oct 17, 2006 09:15:19 pm
      No my season ticket's in the Kop, but had friends up and they fancied going in the Kop.

So I sat in the library end for the last 'un.

Both goals down the other end.

Typical.

Quick Reply