Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Jakub Błaszczykowski (Dortmund)

Read 14816 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Jakub Błaszczykowski (Dortmund)
      Reply #69: Dec 28, 2008 11:00:28 am
      Hahaha! Somehow don't think so
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #70: Dec 28, 2008 11:08:18 am
      It could always be something like

Kuba, he plays the tuba
      Plays footy on the right
      Plays the tuba all night

Or

Kuba Trooper lights are gonna find you
      Lighting up the wing
      Banging the crosses in
      Playing in a team that wins

In case you hadn't guessed it, I'm sh*t at writing songs.   :P
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #71: Dec 28, 2008 11:50:27 am
      With a name like that he must be a communist (kuba ::))
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #72: Dec 28, 2008 09:34:25 pm
      I don't think we need this lad.
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #73: Dec 31, 2008 04:32:06 am
      if we can't get Lennon, then Kuba is needed in liverpool
      scary pace
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #74: Dec 31, 2008 07:48:48 am
      He seems quicker than Lennon.

Imagine his pace down the right, with Glen Johnson. There's a good right flank.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #75: Dec 31, 2008 11:06:33 am
      He seems quicker than Lennon.

Imagine his pace down the right, with Glen Johnson. There's a good right flank.

Hows about Arbeloa and Kuyt? Two of our best players who have at times been faultless and generally play a significant role in a victory.

We dont need Johnson, we dont need the cough bloke because our right and now our left are very good. If anything, we need a back up right winger which i think this guy wont want to be.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #76: Dec 31, 2008 05:10:25 pm
      Hows about Arbeloa and Kuyt? Two of our best players who have at times been faultless and generally play a significant role in a victory.

We dont need Johnson, we dont need the cough bloke because our right and now our left are very good. If anything, we need a back up right winger which I think this guy wont want to be.

Arbeloa and Kuyt have done a good job recently, I agree. But against teams that park the bus, we need someone more creative than Kuyt on the wing. He's been adept this season, but an out and out winger is naturally more accustomed to playing out on the wing. Kuyt was a striker.

It's like telling a window cleaner to clean cars, he can probably do a fairly good job, but he'd rather be cleaning windows.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #77: Dec 31, 2008 05:50:10 pm
      Jakub Blastoffyoursocksski.

Lovely balanced footwork and skill. Love to see him at Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #78: Jan 01, 2009 02:51:06 am
      Arbeloa and Kuyt have done a good job recently, I agree. But against teams that park the bus, we need someone more creative than Kuyt on the wing. He's been adept this season, but an out and out winger is naturally more accustomed to playing out on the wing. Kuyt was a striker.

It's like telling a window cleaner to clean cars, he can probably do a fairly good job, but he'd rather be cleaning windows.

Actually its our more creative players that struggle i find. Players like Torres, Keane, Gerrard and Alonso all have no space to do what they do but the likes of Kuyt, Masch and Arbeloa usually have their better games because they work hard and grind it out. Arbeloa is abit of a darkhorse in attack, he creeps up his right wing and is very effective as is Kuyt.

Sure, maybe more creativity will attract some of that attention towards the new players but i guess its Rafa's call.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #79: Jan 01, 2009 02:55:18 am
      Only 22, hot prospect, tons of potential to be fulfilled if he really does join us..
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #80: Jan 01, 2009 04:32:29 am
      agree. arbeloa n kuyt works hard in every game, but lack of creativity, kuyt scored some important goals too.
      but having kuba will give something different to our attacking options.
      will be good to have johnson n kuba on the right. against bigger oppositions we need these players.
      Kuba has the potential to beat the likes of clichy, cole & evra.
      and if rafa really want to bring heskey to the club, then both kuba n johnson can provide very dangerous cross from the right.
      same goes with insua & riera
      im lovin thisssssssss... ;D
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #81: Jan 01, 2009 09:28:29 am
      It would add something different. Like some people want Heskey, it would add more to our attack.
      Him and Kuyt would be rotated every few games, I reckon.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #82: Jan 01, 2009 04:10:52 pm
      Arbeloa is the most underrated guy in our squad. He has creativity, not in the form of step overs etc. but he bombs up his wing and makes passes and crosses that cause alot of danger. The beauty of his play though is that he isnt seen as a threat and usually is. He works very hard and usually thats just as effective.

If Kuba is prepared to be 2nd choice then ok, get him but i doubt it. I think having Benayoun is just as good because he is technical, he can dribble, can pass, is creative and can cross plus he knows his position in this side.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #83: Jan 03, 2009 04:14:12 am
      well imho he's almost to different to kuyt to compare them. he looks a lot more comfortable close to the line and searching to get behind the defenders. he looks very confident of his skills and that sometimes makes the difference when you have to dribble the last man, which is something kuyt, who has been playing very well btw, is not always capable of. so i'd like to see him at liverpool, he'd be really good, mark my words
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #84: Jan 05, 2009 04:32:50 pm
      please no we should sign quality proven players and this guy is not if we have 8 million spend it on someone proven
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #85: Jan 12, 2009 05:11:27 am
      after the stoke game...i think it's clear that we need this player..i think this one can break defence up...unlike kuyt...i know kuyt can run for 94 mins..but no point running around in circle... :'(
      piggy96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts | -12 
      Reply #86: Jan 12, 2009 10:23:31 am
      who is blazychowski
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #87: Jan 12, 2009 10:27:45 am
      please no we should sign quality proven players and this guy is not if we have 8 million spend it on someone proven

What, like Agger? Skrtel? Hyypia? Insua?

And proven at what level? Riera wasn't proven in England, but has been excellent value; Keane was proven, and has yet to shine.

If Rafa and his scouts rate a player, they should sign him. You can't just go for "proven" players, whatever that means. If they rate him, great. If they aren't interested or it's bullshit, move along folks.
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #88: Jan 12, 2009 12:48:49 pm

What, like Agger? Skrtel? Hyypia? Insua?

And proven at what level? Riera wasn't proven in England, but has been excellent value; Keane was proven, and has yet to shine.

If Rafa and his scouts rate a player, they should sign him. You can't just go for "proven" players, whatever that means. If they rate him, great. If they aren't interested or it's bullshit, move along folks.

spot on mate
      kuba has the pace...good cross on him...if he's not going to cross then he can just beat defenders get the ball into the box by himself, then maybe can pass to nando or stevie for the end product.
      i'm really hoping for this transfer.cannot rely on dirkie to be play on the right..need more creative player.

Quick Reply