Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Andrea Dossena (AC Milan)

Read 7562 times
      TommyLoft
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Re: Andrea Dossena (AC Milan)
      Reply #23: Jan 02, 2009 03:58:40 pm
      Sooner he pisses off the better.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #24: Jan 02, 2009 04:03:52 pm
      I think he deserves at least a full-season. It would be more beneficial to send him out on loan in the Championship for the remainder. He has talent, he just has not adjusted to life in England or the pace and physicality of the game. We all expected Torres to have a limp first season while he adjusted, he didn't but if he had, would you have been saying at Christmas to ship him out for whatever we can get for him? Of course not. Dossena has only ever played in Italy which is a very different style from British football. It's slower and more tactically centred. I think he's worth nurturing a little longer.

The only reason I guess Rafa would think about selling him so soon is that no matter how on form he gets, he'll always be too slow for a full-back in this country.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #25: Jan 02, 2009 04:21:08 pm
       I would not sell him now . If he is good to have a call for Italy ,I think he is not that bad,maybe he needs more time or have
       not got used to the PL enough.personally I would loan him even to AC Milan  ,,I am sure he will be worth more than 4million cause he will upt his prece  if he playes in italy again and get his Udinese standards back
       On the other hand if RAFA feels its time for him(Dossena_) to go ,to accumulate cash for other signngs .well and good
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #26: Jan 02, 2009 05:08:38 pm
      I don't think Andrea is suited to the prem. He has been called up by Italy in the recent past I believe, so it would make sense to admit he's not LFC quality, let him out on loan to a Serie A side, who see him as international potential, then sell him after a few good performances in Italy, gets his price up. Gets him off the wage bill in the short term as well. It's a measure of our standards, that if you don't make it at Anfield, doesn't mean you're a total tosser, unless your names Pennant.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Jan 03, 2009 01:47:47 pm
      I'd sell him, the way he plays it seems we have to teach him every single thing about defending. His movements, positioning, marking are all wrong.

Usually i say keep them but after his last 2/3 performances (most of the season he has shown it but more visible in these games) it clearly shows he just doesnt know how to play here.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #28: Jan 03, 2009 10:39:46 pm
      Whatever happened to people preaching about giving foreign players time to adjust?

Instead everyone wants to sell him for less than we bought him for, a couple months later. That is just bad business imo.

I think a little fitness will go a long way with Dossena. He's not out of the side because Rafa is trying to move him elsewhere, or because we've given up on him. I bet he's working hard to get into shape so he can handle the physicality of the premier league.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #29: Jan 03, 2009 10:41:52 pm
      I'd sell him, the way he plays it seems we have to teach him every single thing about defending. His movements, positioning, marking are all wrong.

Usually I say keep them but after his last 2/3 performances (most of the season he has shown it but more visible in these games) it clearly shows he just doesnt know how to play here.

Strange you'd think a supposed football genius like Rafa would notice something like that before he spent a boatload of cash on him.

Dossena is not half as bad as he's made out to be in this thread...
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 04, 2009 01:40:15 am

Less than half of "Bloodly F***ing Awful" is still "Awful" and, no matter which way you cut it, that isn't good enough for this football club.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Jan 04, 2009 05:56:49 pm
      Strange you'd think a supposed football genius like Rafa would notice something like that before he spent a boatload of cash on him.

You must be kidding, surely? He cant defend, period. Whoever reccomended him should have their contract torn up and spat at them.

I ask though, how much do you rate him and what evidence do you have to show he is better than what we say?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #32: Jan 05, 2009 03:14:19 pm
      Instead everyone wants to sell him for less than we bought him for, a couple months later. That is just bad business imo.

No.

Bad business is carrying on paying him £50k (or whatever he is on) a week when he is useless.

Although with Insua going off the U20 tournament, the chance of him going in the January window is extremely slim now.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #33: Jan 05, 2009 08:41:25 pm
      sell him right now... insua isn't here for a month but we have aurelio and arbeloa can play there or agger too.
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 06, 2009 02:54:05 am
      give till end of the season i reckon, it must be hard to adjust to the speed of the game here espically as a LB. also he doesnt speak the language im guessin, n we aint got any other italeins in the squad. or any one (in the squad) that speaks italien i odnt think, has ne one played in italy? (of the squad obv. not you yourself) :)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #35: Jan 06, 2009 07:51:47 am
      AKA...Julian Dicks
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 06, 2009 01:58:30 pm
      Rafa wont sell Dosenna

The Italian, who was a £7 million summer signing from Udinese, has struggled to make an impact at Anfield this season and is behind Fabio Aurelio in the pecking order for the left back slot in the Reds’ defence.

Speculation had linked him with a return to Serie A but Benitez has moved to dispel these rumours.

With Liverpool top of the Premier League as 2009 starts, the Liverpool boss is keen on keeping his squad intact as they look to clinch their first title since 1990.

"I am not considering selling Dossena," Benitez said in the Daily Star.

"I think it is important to keep the squad together    :f_wah: we should sell him and bring in someone !!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #37: Jan 06, 2009 02:07:34 pm
      :( damn, why does Insua have to report for national duty! ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #38: Jan 06, 2009 06:41:29 pm
      Fair is fair, everyone got their chance. But still, i'd have sold him.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39: Jan 06, 2009 06:43:04 pm
      Fair is fair, everyone got their chance. But still, I'd have sold him.

All Rafa has to do is click on his profile and click "offer to clubs" then Man City will offer 40mill.... simple egh :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Jan 06, 2009 06:50:08 pm
      All Rafa has to do is click on his profile and click "offer to clubs" then Man City will offer 40mill.... simple egh :P

Oi! I'm not that stupid! :f_tongueincheek:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #41: Jan 06, 2009 07:00:55 pm

:P wonder if mark hughes is
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #42: Jan 06, 2009 07:23:32 pm
      Sell him

Shevchenko was a great player in the serie a and then he came to the PL and was absolute s**t. I know thats just one player and I know shevchenkos not italian but you can't just wait forever for a player to come good some just never do.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #43: Jan 06, 2009 07:27:06 pm
      Come on Rafa, being stuborn is one thing, but to do it AND look foolish at the same time.  Cutting your nose off to spite your face springs to mind.
      Insua is a far better LB, and I think Stephen Darby is too.  Even if we go for Glen Johnson (who's a RB) he'd be better as well.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,457 posts | 2851 
      Reply #44: Jan 06, 2009 07:28:12 pm
      sell him right now... insua isn't here for a month but we have aurelio and arbeloa can play there or agger too.

Agger at left back?

You can't put him there at such a crucial stage of the season when he's never played there.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #45: Jan 06, 2009 07:38:31 pm
      Oooooops, I forgot about Fabio!

Quick Reply