Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 18th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool FC v Bolton Wanderers (Pre-match Thread)

Read 11565 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool FC v Bolton Wanderers (Pre-match Thread)
      Reply #46: Dec 24, 2008 11:41:06 pm
      Babel usualy does very well aganst Bolton, last season he scored in both the games and caused them a lot of problems. Got man of the match in the 3-1 win and even done a summersault thing on his goal. Cant remember him playing against them this season though :D Blonde moment :D
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #47: Dec 24, 2008 11:53:49 pm
      Even if Torres is only making the bench, i'd imagine that his presence would be a big boost to the team.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #48: Dec 25, 2008 12:10:47 am
      I'd give Fernando a rest and not rush him back. Keane should play and should have a partner, either with El Zhar or Kuyt. Babel hasn't been up to it when given the chance.

KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #49: Dec 25, 2008 12:35:16 am
      I think we should go with the same 11 that played against Arsenal,and i would keep the formation too.
      I would give Nando last 30 min as a Keane replacement,and save Mascerano for St. James Park,we need him more in away matches.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #50: Dec 25, 2008 03:57:22 pm
      Torres doesn't need to be rushed back. That's what happened the last time and he got injured again nearly straightaway.

I don't think it'll be 4 or 5 nil this time. 2 or 3-1 will do me!

Is it on TV btw?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,528 posts | 2874 
      Reply #51: Dec 25, 2008 03:59:15 pm

Nope :(

Guess I'll be using a stream since I can't go.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #52: Dec 25, 2008 04:07:03 pm
      I'd give Fernando a rest and not rush him back. Keane should play and should have a partner, either with El Zhar or Kuyt. Babel hasn't been up to it when given the chance.

Hahaha  :D, sorry when HAS Babel been given a chance?
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #53: Dec 25, 2008 04:18:48 pm
      Five wins out of their past eight in the league, would suggest Bolton are a capable and dangerous side. Having said that they have not beaten or even managed a draw with any top 5 side.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #54: Dec 25, 2008 04:22:59 pm
      someone should open a thread  "has Babel been given enough chances?  "
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #55: Dec 26, 2008 12:36:44 am
      I mean when he starts or come on as a substitute. His performances doesn't show that he'll be given a 90 minute match
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #56: Dec 26, 2008 02:20:13 am
      thinking torres could be injury prone if he comes back early might do long term damage. yes bolton are a tough physical team. they could be much tougher than fulham or tottenham. when is kuyt goingf to score?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,912 posts | 6835 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Dec 26, 2008 02:47:38 am
      A must 3 points here...no draw please...I'm going for 2-0 to us, with Robbie on the verge of a hot streak and Stevie G to flap his arms out like a plane in front of the corner flag after scoring the second goal. Go You lads.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #58: Dec 26, 2008 07:06:48 am
      can see a bolton player getting red carded liverpool are lucky in this respect. if that happens it could bring plenty of goals
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #59: Dec 26, 2008 07:14:07 am
      Sami is a must now. Their only danger are set pieces, Sami is vital in trying to eliminate their threat other than the obvious of not giving away corners or free kicks.

In good spirts but it may just be the Christmas cheer rubbing off on me.
      ArkansasRed
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts |
      Reply #60: Dec 26, 2008 07:49:28 am
      3-1 I say, with our goals from Robbie, Kuyt, and Xabi.

Happy Boxing Day, everyone. One of the best days of the year.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #61: Dec 26, 2008 08:39:34 am
      A win will do nicely the draws at Anfield must be a thing of the passed from here on in and the twelth man must do their bit and make all the noise we can so Redmen inside our home let us here you today.....
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #62: Dec 26, 2008 08:59:17 am
      Would like to see Xabi score :) hands of Arsenal, he's staying here for many years to come.

Need the 3 points nevertheless. Can't afford to drop anymore points.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #63: Dec 26, 2008 10:20:07 am
      Cannot wait for this game to start because i will be there watching it at the mecca of football - Anfield
      frundlemud
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #64: Dec 26, 2008 11:07:39 am
      We ought to  beat a mid table side but nothing is that easy. It would be nice to see a few goals so long as they are ours. Weather looks good, looking forward to a beer and the game.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #65: Dec 26, 2008 11:48:04 am
      XABI: WE CAN'T AFFORD CHRISTMAS HANGOVER

Kristian Walsh 26 December 2008

Xabi Alonso today warned his teammates there can be no Christmas hangover against Bolton - claiming the first goal on Boxing Day could make or break Liverpool's festive campaign. 
      The Spanish midfielder has featured in the last three league matches at Anfield, which have only brought three points after consecutive draws against Fulham, West Ham and Hull.

Alonso believes he and his teammates must trouble the scoreboard earlier today if they are to return to winning ways in front of the Kop.

The 27-year-old told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We will probably have to score first, and we have to control the match a bit better.

"At home, we have conceded a few goals and made a few mistakes that are not very common in the team. If we control that and if we have the accuracy to score an early goal in any game, that will be one of the keys to win games at home."

Liverpool's last home league win was a 3-0 victory over West Brom in early November.

The run of draws which has followed has resulted in a few nerves among the Anfield faithful.

Alonso added: "We know that everyone around the club really wants to be successful in the domestic competitions, and you can feel that.

"The crowd is willing us to be challenging for the title and the players are as well. But we are still at the half-way point of the season and we have to be calm."

Alonso made his debut against Bolton at the Reebok in August 2004, a game he remembers well.

"It was, of course, an exciting day and very important to make my debut," said the midfield maestro.

"But especially playing away to Bolton – I didn't know, but I learnt very quickly, that the Premier League was a very physical competition, and especially playing away in those games, you have to get used to them."

A win for the Reds today would be the perfect festive gift – and would make the gruelling Christmas Day training session worthwhile.

Alonso added: "In Liverpool you get used to, at Christmas time, not having days off and not having time to enjoy the normal Christmas time - but that's part of the job and you accept that."

****************************************************************************************************

I think an early goal is vital to our performance today, and when I say early, I mean that we score before the 75th minute  :o

Seriously, I think we will win about 2-0 today, and I would like to see us score in the first half, I just feel it takes the pressure off so much and we can play our normal game better if we get an early goal.

Don't think it will be an easy day though, Bolton will be keyed up for this one, we just have to make sure we are the better team, and keep that place at the head of the premiership.

Let's Batter Bolton on Boxing Day and send them back to the Reebok with their tails between their legs.

COME ON LIVERPOOL

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1:

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Dec 26, 2008 11:54:39 am
      I think thats a shout out to fans from Xabi. The 'have to be calm' comment must be a call for fans to support and not sit there expecting something to happen or we wont win the title.
      vasssosss
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #67: Dec 26, 2008 12:05:38 pm
      Hello! Writing first time, I have been reading posts at liverpool-fans forums for years. Shy because my english is poor. In our subject: My team selection is:
      Reina (obviously) - Darby (I think Arbeloa is injured and Carragher should be fresh for the tie against Newcastle - ) Hyppia (he must play because is our best defender – offensive player in set-pieces) – Agger (excellent at Emirates) – Insua (the same – he will be β€œflying” with a second straight opportunity – hopefully Aurelio would be fit for the Newcastle tie) – Alonso (the key player for our system, unfortunately indispensable) – Lucas ( Mascherano should be fresh for the Newcastle tie and Lucas is improving and starting to participate in our offensive play) – Gerrard (not in form, but obviously indespensable) – El Zhar (Rafa should try him for 90 minutes) – Riera (he is our most reliable winger) – Keane (I suppose he will be more confident now) – Kuyt (the machine player – I was surprised with many’s opinion about his performance at Emirates – he almost created a goal and almost scored another). 4-4-2.javascript:void(0);
      Hopefully Torres and Skrtel make the bench and come in for 20minutes. Hopefully Babel is out of our squad and be sold in January. Against Arsenal touched the ball 8 times and he gave the ball away the 7 of them.  I think he was playing for Arsenal. I don’t want to see him again in a Liverpool shirt.
      javascript:void(0);
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,528 posts | 2874 
      Reply #68: Dec 26, 2008 12:12:29 pm
      Hello! Writing first time, I have been reading posts at liverpool-fans forums for years. Shy because my english is poor. In our subject: My team selection is:
      Reina (obviously) - Darby (I think Arbeloa is injured and Carragher should be fresh for the tie against Newcastle - ) Hyppia (he must play because is our best defender – offensive player in set-pieces) – Agger (excellent at Emirates) – Insua (the same – he will be β€œflying” with a second straight opportunity – hopefully Aurelio would be fit for the Newcastle tie) – Alonso (the key player for our system, unfortunately indispensable) – Lucas ( Mascherano should be fresh for the Newcastle tie and Lucas is improving and starting to participate in our offensive play) – Gerrard (not in form, but obviously indespensable) – El Zhar (Rafa should try him for 90 minutes) – Riera (he is our most reliable winger) – Keane (I suppose he will be more confident now) – Kuyt (the machine player – I was surprised with many’s opinion about his performance at Emirates – he almost created a goal and almost scored another). 4-4-2.javascript:void(0);
      Hopefully Torres and Skrtel make the bench and come in for 20minutes. Hopefully Babel is out of our squad and be sold in January. Against Arsenal touched the ball 8 times and he gave the ball away the 7 of them.  I think he was playing for Arsenal. I don’t want to see him again in a Liverpool shirt.
      javascript:void(0);

Mate, I think you have 12 players.

Quick Reply