Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafael Benitez

Read 7911 times
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Re: Rafael Benitez
      Reply #23: Nov 13, 2006 07:56:52 pm
      lets not start making decisions yet lets wait until january or at least Christmas
      i have to say i dont like a couple of things he has done EG not buying Daniel Alves and ALL of the rotation but..
      LFC ):
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 13, 2006 08:01:25 pm
      I think the lack of wins against da big guns somes it up! In my opinion he rins out of ideas dats why changes da team cous he gt nout else to do but, we shall see ur right well ave a look at christmas at da earlyist
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #25: Nov 13, 2006 08:11:21 pm
      Here is what the yanks are saying about Liverpools form as of write now,
      hope this works for you
      http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6165528

giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Reply #26: Nov 14, 2006 09:17:23 am
      I admit I look at the line up changes Rafa makes and wonder what the hell is going on in his mind but he's the coach, and he knows what he's doing - at least I hope he does.  ;) Whatever he does he's won us 4 trophy's in his time at th club and I trust that it's just a matter of time before our away form picks up. I don't want Rafa sacked, that would just disrupt the team more... and we want results, not upset.
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 14, 2006 02:13:11 pm
      i dont care wot u all think but this is LFC FOOTBALL CLUB!!

Time to call for Rafa's head NOW before its too late!

who cares about we had our hardest away games...

We should at least beat Arsenal & Man Utd away if we are gonna challenge for 1st, Everton & Bolton should be a no question win for Liverpool & not even getting a draw against 10 men Chelsea for 45 minutes shows our manager is not using the players to their prefared style!!!

Oh yeah and Sheff United.... well we should be beating them with our eyez closed!

Sorry to say it but Rafa is not good enough
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #28: Nov 14, 2006 06:50:25 pm
      I admit I look at the line up changes Rafa makes and wonder what the hell is going on in his mind but he's the coach, and he knows what he's doing - at least I hope he does.  ;) Whatever he does he's won us 4 trophy's in his time at th club and I trust that it's just a matter of time before our away form picks up. I don't want Rafa sacked, that would just disrupt the team more... and we want results, not upset.

Hi Gids, nice to see you back posting, have to agree with you there, i still think Rafa's the one to get this sorted out, i just wish he wasnt so stubborn sometimes.  The obvious place to play Stevie is centre mid but he just keeps on putting him on the right grrrrrr  >:(......at least give it a go Rafa while Momo's out !
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Reply #29: Nov 14, 2006 07:39:32 pm
      Hi Gids, nice to see you back posting, have to agree with you there, i still think Rafa's the one to get this sorted out, i just wish he wasnt so stubborn sometimes.  The obvious place to play Stevie is centre mid but he just keeps on putting him on the right grrrrrr  >:(......at least give it a go Rafa while Momo's out !

Great to be back Smig.

Oh yeah, Stevie defo should be center while Momo's missing... he plays better there than on the right.
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #30: Nov 14, 2006 08:43:42 pm
      get rid of rafa?

hell no, he is the right man to get liverpool back to winning ways, ok he rotates the team to much i admit but if u remeber he has one us cups while doing that, and yes i do think gerrard sud play in the middle while sissoko is out, but he is bak we sud play 3-5-1-1 the only way to chelsea
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Reply #31: Nov 14, 2006 10:29:20 pm
      get rid of rafa?

hell no, he is the right man to get liverpool back to winning ways, ok he rotates the team to much i admit but if u remeber he has one us cups while doing that, and yes i do think gerrard sud play in the middle while sissoko is out, but he is bak we sud play 3-5-1-1 the only way to chelsea

well we should be at winning ways from day 1 not half way thru the season thats why we dont and will never win the premiership under Parry, Moores & Rafa

Time for Bill Gates & O'Neil to come!!!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 14, 2006 10:32:10 pm

well we should be at winning ways from day 1 not half way thru the season thats why we dont and will never win the premiership under Parry, Moores & Rafa

Time for Bill Gates & O'Neil to come!!!

??? We're not half way through the season.  It still finishes in May the last time I checked.  And how many European Cups has Martin O'Neill won in his career?
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Reply #33: Nov 14, 2006 10:53:24 pm
      I have great respect for O'neil... look how good Celtic were under him!!!
      Now look what he is doing to an average or not even that team in a top flight league!!!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 14, 2006 10:54:42 pm
      I have great respect for O'neil... look how good Celtic were under him!!!
      Now look what he is doing to an average or not even that team in a top flight league!!!

Celtic - come on ... standard of opposition - the fact they were already the top side..

He has done well at Villa so far.  But hey, hang on, didn't Rafa's Liverpool beat O'Neill's Villa a couple of weeks ago?
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Reply #35: Nov 14, 2006 10:56:54 pm
      There is a difference in quality at anfield for Liverpool.. thats how they should play away so i dont blame villa for gettin banged up by "Anfield Liverpool"
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #36: Nov 15, 2006 03:30:38 pm
      rember dat celtic are in a easy league
      j.leslie8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #37: Nov 15, 2006 04:26:34 pm
      In Rafa we Trust
      We have to back our manager no matter what, espeically if he proved himself many times and has made liverpool into a respected club again.  I mean this year we were considered challengers by the media, the same media who said we were out of the race eight games into the premiership.  I believe that we were too overhyped in the begining i mean man utd didnt buy anyone and when they did buy evra and vidic they were considered good enough but now there called quality players.  We need to gel and that takes time.  So if we dont support Rafa, who will? United, Arsenal, Chelsea...haha your having a laugh.  Lets get behind the brilliant man and show him that we trully do believe that he is still meant for liverpool.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #38: Nov 15, 2006 04:31:28 pm
      Look what happened at utd when ferguson took over he didnt win the league for a couple of seasons and the fans were on his back but the board stood by him and look what he has done for them, give rafa time and he WILL win the league and many other trophies.
      23jeffries23
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #39: Nov 15, 2006 08:45:52 pm
      RAFA is the best manager in the world forget jose moanriniho he is only good cause he got money benitez dont need that cause he got the tactics he just needs to get it right one thing is to start playin gerrard where he wants to play which is centre mid, we have got a world class team just got to get them to work as a team like they did in champions league!!! maybe next season will be the time and benitez will show moanriniho how to manage a team without millions and millions of a russian beggers money!!!!!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #40: Nov 15, 2006 10:50:24 pm
      OhNo - I officially accuse you of being a non Liverpool fan.
      I think you are... FamousLiverbird.
      luis_sangria_5
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #41: Nov 15, 2006 10:55:25 pm
      VIVA LA RAFALUTION!!!

IN RAFA WE TRUST
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #42: Nov 16, 2006 04:14:43 am
      The uncanny resemblance of OhNo and FamousLiverbird is just so blaring!

I think we've debated before about drastically changing our team just because it isn't performing with FamousLiverbird and I'm frustrated that this particular individual doesn't get it.

Changing managers, buying star players does not necessarily make the team better. O'Neill of course did wonders in Celtic but hey, that's the Scottish Premier League I would like to remind. Which is miles less competitive than the Premiership. If you put Rafa in O'Neill's place when he was in Celtic I bet they would already have gone furthur. And O'Neill's Villa was soundly beaten by Liverpool the other day, the very same Liverpool team that isn't performing under Rafa. How's that for comparison? How certain are you that O'Neill can make wonders if he were to come to Liverpool? And what much can he do? Re-introduce Milan Baros? Pahh, you can get any "great" manager in the world and replace Rafa right now, I don't think they can do much to drastically change the club's fortune.

What the club needs is a little bit more time to settle. We just got plenty of new faces. There's a lot more options, and to optimize the squad to its full potential, Rafa has to continue tinkering, sorting it out until it gets right. And surely soon we will find our footing and be back hungrier than ever.

We don't need an Abramovich or Bill Gates (ugh!) to change our fortunes, that's just plain cowardice and cheating like lil kids playing 1 star on Pro Evo.

I am just so baffled at OhNo's lack of faith, which is just so Un-Liverpool Fan-ish. To quote Darth Vader in A New Hope; "Your lack of faith is disturbing".

Come on fellow Kopites, get behind our heroes!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #43: Dec 10, 2006 11:36:05 pm
      Bump.   ;)

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #44: Dec 11, 2006 11:15:54 am
      I know this may sound blonde (no offence to anyone at is a blonde)
      but what in God's name does Bump mean?!?!?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #45: Dec 11, 2006 11:59:08 am
      I know this may sound blonde (no offence to anyone at is a blonde)
      but what in God's name does Bump mean?!?!?

Im glad you asked that, i've been awake all night trying to work it out!! Come on JD help us out here!

Quick Reply