Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rafa Benitez bans 'Title Talk' - Good Move!

Read 2019 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Rafa Benitez bans 'Title Talk' - Good Move!
      Jan 01, 2009 01:07:05 pm
      http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/2/1/Prem-Benitez-on-title/gnid

Rafa Benitez has told his squad they have achieved nothing yet and insists no one at Liverpool will talk about winning the title until it is a reality.

Liverpool go into the new year at the top of the league, but Benitez knows there is plenty more work to do.

And, while he says they can be justifiably confident about the second half of the season, he will not accept any complacency from his side.

“It's great for the confidence of the players and for the supporters to see us at the top, but we know there is still a long way to go and that is why you won't hear anybody at Liverpool talking about winning the title,” he told the club’s official website.

“We have had a good first half to the season, but that's all it is.

“If we can do the same over the rest of the campaign then we will have a chance, but there are still lots of games to play and lots of points up for grabs before we can start talking about what the end of the season may bring.

“We have had a few disappointing setbacks this season, particularly at Anfield, but we have also shown we can compete with and beat the best in the country, so there's every reason to be confident as we look forward to 2009.

“The quality in our squad is better than it was 12 months ago, the new players who have arrived have all made a contribution, and that is why I am confident we are continuing to make progress and are moving in the right direction as a club.”
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____________

Talk about a manager that is so grounded. No 'Heads-in-the-Cloud' nonsense; just pure facts.

I think this will keep the team focussed on improving on their stats and games. The title push is still a long way off.

IRWT
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Re: Rafa Benitez bans 'Title Talk' - Good Move!
      Reply #1: Jan 01, 2009 07:10:47 pm
      Well good move from rafa that means Liverpool players won't get too far ahead of themselves it's only january there's still a long way to go so the best thing to do is keep focus and keep doing what we are doing
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #2: Jan 02, 2009 03:39:18 am
      Still along way to go and we mustn't get ahead of ourselves. Much work still to be done, but so far so good.
      Well done Rafa.
      westerlies
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -1 
      Reply #3: Jan 02, 2009 04:21:10 am
      It is important that we don't get carried away. We only 3 point above so there's still long way ahead.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Jan 02, 2009 04:29:08 am
      Like they said. Take it game by game.
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #5: Jan 02, 2009 07:06:48 am
      Look like Mr Rafa had been talking like that with all the players, Gerrard and Mascherano often remind It in thier interview, specially Mascherano, i remember when he told with the press about the match with Chelsea, he said that even if we can win It, It's just one game and It say nothing! Gerrard reminded It too, after the match with Chelsea and the first time in the season we're at top, he said that being at top is a pressure, to keep It is way harder than to achieve It. Well, I always think that since they're all insiders, they never talk much about something that they're not sure, but for us, the fans, we don't play, we don't coach, ... when we're high-spirited, we can talk about the futur as we please, like It's very certain. I admire them the way they treasure and respect all of thier paroles, they say everything carefully. They made all the fans know where're we standing in reality.

Quick Reply