Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Good luck from us...

Read 1354 times
      Lee DS
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Good luck from us...
      Jan 13, 2009 12:48:15 pm
      Hi I am Leeds fan (I come in peace).

I was going to start a new thread however I could not see the "NEW TOPIC" icon.  (Could a mod/admin move it to a NEW thread for me?)

Being a Leeds fan we generally hate most teams (Manure, Ch£lski, Barcodes) but Liverpool is a club that I have always admired and never hated.

I admired the Liverpool team of the late 70's, my first game was Leeds .v Liverpool   15/10/1977 Liverpool (H) 1 - 2   45,500   and my best Leeds game was 13/04/1991 Liverpool (H) 4 - 5   31,460  Shutt, Chapman, Chapman, Chapman

It was the only time that Leeds have been clapped off the pitch having conceived 5 goals (We were 4 goals down and Pool were superb)

I was going to come on here and generally say to you guys "Good luck for the remainder of the season and I hope you can win the league I am rooting for you".

My 8 y/o son is Leeds mad but loves Mr Torres and as a treat I took him up to see Liverpool play away at the smoggies last year (1-1) with Nando scoring a brilliant equaliser, he was chuffed to bits to see his hero score such a fantastic goal.

It was great to see some great football (Better than some of the tripe we get at Elland Rd).  Gerrard had a great game spraying the ball around majesticly.  That Veronin guy was pants, Torres had a poor game and looked pants then he pops up with what he does best by scoring.

All the best and I hope you can win the league

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2009 09:05:41 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Good luck from us...
      Reply #1: Jan 14, 2009 01:23:09 am
      I really hope you're name is Lee. ;)

Cracking stuff.  You're first game was a week before I was born - cracking stuff.

I'd like to think the vast majority of, what I term, proper football fans in the country would prefer Liverpool to win the league.  Fingers crossed we do just that.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2009 01:48:56 am
      Well I'd give Leeds all my support but it looks odds on that Nigel Pearson's Leicester have League 1 sewn up. No surprise since they've had Liverpool players David Martin and Jack Hobbs on loan.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2009 04:39:26 am
      Leeds United is the club I thump all my friends with in Fifa 09, them being only a three star team is deceiving with their talent in the game. Beckford is my secret weapon  ;D

Thanks for the support, always good to see other fans on the forums, nice to know people are rooting for us even without the red-tinted vision  ;)
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2009 05:22:35 am
      Cheers fella.  Good luck for the rest of the season.

Hopefully your lot can turn around the bad fortune you've since you were 'Ridsdaled'.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2009 09:54:30 am
      Cheers Lee i wish i could wish you luck to but i cant as im from Carlisle,good result at the weekend 2-0 ha ha Bridges scoring to get in.
      Lee DS
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 14, 2009 04:10:08 pm
      Cheers Lee I wish I could wish you luck to but I cant as im from Carlisle,good result at the weekend 2-0 ha ha Bridges scoring to get in.

I am called Lee as it goes.

Carlisle had only three chances and scored 2.

We had about 5 chances and scored 0.

Good luck lads.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #7: Jan 15, 2009 11:59:55 pm
      Well mate, i have always had a soft spot for Leeds. Partly because of their decline and also because of David Healy playing their (legend ;D). However, i also respect their fans. As JD said in a post above, you and the rest of the Leeds fans are true football fans. Use have watched your team through the highs and lows  and continue to get a decent attendance to your home matches. I always look at your results and hope use do well. Good luck for the rest of the season and i hope you get to the Championship with your new man in charge. Cheers for the support
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #8: Jan 16, 2009 12:03:02 am
      Thanks man, Leeds will be my 'non-premiership' team to look out for results.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Jan 16, 2009 12:16:14 am
      I used to enjoy Leeds United back when they were still in the Premier League. Sadly, they don't show other games here but the top flight divisions of football only.

And remember, Leeds United ,too produced good players.
      Hiberpool
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts | -2 
      Reply #10: Jan 17, 2009 01:08:26 pm
      Why are they called Dirty Leeds? :f_whistle:

Quick Reply