Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

The Boring Rumours

Read 1698 times
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 409 posts |
      The Boring Rumours
      Oct 29, 2006 11:25:54 am
      First it was rafas job that was under scrutiny then stevie and his missus are havin problems (not sayin there not true everyone has troubles at home) now in morning reports its a rift between rafa andhis captain.

For a long time now the tabloids have always tried to stir up trouble at our club it was the media who pushing for stevie to go to chelsea and they are starting again.

Rafa has had to come out this morning and laugh off all the talk i have taken this from the clubs website.

Rafael Benitez has laughed off the latest bout of speculation regarding Steven Gerrard's future at the club and insisted once again: "I'm not prepared to sell my captain."  
      Responding to more tiresome rumours in a national Sunday newspaper that the Liverpool skipper could be on his way out of Anfield when the transfer window reopens in January, the Reds boss smiled, shrugged his shoulders and described them as pure fabrication.

"It's not a surprise to read stories like this," he said. "The newspapers never rest; they are always trying to find something to write about. Obviously they had nothing to write this week so they make up more rumours.

"We are experienced in these matters now and all we can do is remain focussed on the playing matches. Anyone who thinks Stevie is not committed to this club only has to look at his performance yesterday. It was clear to see he was really happy, before, during and after the game."

Benitez also vehemently denied there was any rift between the pair, adding: "We are constantly talking. He is the captain and so we always have a lot of conversations. These rumours are crazy. I'm not prepared to sell my captain."
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      The Boring Rumours
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2006 02:27:58 pm
      They just need something to write about.Next week it will be someone else's turn.

Let's just keep the faith and Rafa will lead us to glory yet again ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      The Boring Rumours
      Reply #2: Oct 29, 2006 03:32:51 pm
      I'm not taking any notice to the sh*t the press write, week in week out, they will be on someone elses case next week,  Chill out fellow reds, Stevies not going anywhere.   :D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      The Boring Rumours
      Reply #3: Oct 29, 2006 05:55:12 pm
      Every f***in season, another 'Gerrard & Benitez' story.
      Quite frankly I'm right pissed off by it.
      Last time round Chelsea were nocking on our door for Gerrard, now Madrid are suposidley coming calling.
      Back to the Gerrard and Benitez story. This is definatly not the first time we have heard this. But seriously, who seen Gerrard's performance yesterday against Villa? He looked really sharp and focused.
      But at the moment, not saying it's true because I've only heard it from one person.

<snipped>

But, lets hope this aint true.
      Only what I've heard, and I'll say it again.
      I've heard it once...
      Could of come from anywhere.
      Gerrard wont leave, he has his whole career with Liverpool ahead of him. He one day wants to be the Liverpool manager after he retires from his playing days.
      He's not going to throw all that away for one stupid thing that the press and newspapers have cooked up.
      I'm sorry but I'm sick of being exposed to this bullshit all the time.
      The newspapers must be as much obssesed about us like Mourinho is.
      Anyways, lets hope everything turns out ok.
      YNWA.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 409 posts |
      The Boring Rumours
      Reply #4: Oct 29, 2006 07:21:45 pm
      <snipped>

As it says in the start of my thread boring rumours and that is all it is no hard evidence of anything just people having a pop probably started by

1. The London based media

2. Bluenoses

3. Chavs.

4. Mancs

remember the robbie fowler rumours it is all the time just as well us supporters arent as childish to try and upset other clubs in this way
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      The Boring Rumours
      Reply #5: Oct 29, 2006 08:54:36 pm
      Okay

Let's not fuel anymore of this Everton/manc/media bollocks on the forum
      http://www.lfcreds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10455#10455

There's about a million stories doing the rounds now - each getting more fanciful by the day.  What comes of living in rumour city.

And it certainly doesn't belong in the LFC section of the forum.

Quick Reply