Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rooney turning his back on Liverpool

Read 2472 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Rooney turning his back on Liverpool
      Jan 08, 2009 07:06:25 pm
      An argument I hold with my mate every now and again and thought I'd bring it onto here because I'm definately not the only person who has considered this.

I personally think that Rooney is a disgrace for turning his back on his childhood club and Liverpool as a city by moving to Manchester United, after most likely being brought up to despise the club. We have all even witnessed him patting the Manchester United badge in matches against his former club in an attempt to wind up the fans, and I've wondered to myself how he could possibly do this.

My mate, a Manchester United fan, says in his defence that this doesn't matter, and he made the right decision as he will be earning more money and more importantly will win more trophies/achieve more success. Playing for Manchester United will also mean that he will prosper into a better player and is more likely to achieve more success at international level too.

I just think it's almost unacceptable though, for example, Gerrard or Carragher would never even consider moving to Manchester United. It's almost like an unwritten rule.

What's your take on this?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Rooney turning his back on Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2009 07:59:19 pm
      2 ways of looking at it

1) young lad playing at a club where hell win nothing gets the chance to play at an equally horrible club but might win something. He wouldnt see that as turning his back just trying to improve his chance of success

2) Claims to be once a blue always a blue but f**ks off first chance he gets and to make it worse to a club who do nothing but sing anti Liverpool (the city and club) songs. Shows the ignorance of the c**t. To tog out for a club whos fans despise your town. Money talks but I couldnt play for people who hate everything about me
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2009 08:30:03 pm
      Well he moved for success, what he done for kissing the badge is turning your back, leaving the club especially when he was never going to win anything, thats not
      dannywes
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2009 09:10:58 pm
      Didnt he do an exclusive interview for the sun aswell??
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2009 09:15:20 pm
      the bitters simply dont hate the mancs as much as us
      once a blue always a judas

cant blame him for earning though, would we in our shoes..... if he was a red and playing for LFC he would never have done it

kissing that badge though.....cant think of anything worse...maybe eating sh*t
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5: Jan 08, 2009 09:43:47 pm
      the bitters simply dont hate the mancs as much as us
      once a blue always a judas

cant blame him for earning though, would we in our shoes..... if he was a red and playing for LFC he would never have done it

kissing that badge though.....cant think of anything worse...maybe eating sh*t

would sooner EAT sh*t than kiss THAT badge !  ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #6: Jan 08, 2009 09:46:16 pm
      Its called respect and he hasn't got an ounce of it.
      Tajurkanyi
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 09, 2009 03:46:28 am
      Rooney.... Who wants Rooney? Clowns...
      Dangerous Dave
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2009 04:10:08 am
      I'm just happy that he isnt an aussie. HK is bad enough but even he isnt a patch on Shrek.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2009 12:03:02 pm
      I'm just happy that he isnt an aussie. HK is bad enough but even he isnt a patch on Shrek.

I doubt that, check out his little dig at us in the Kop.

I fiercly object to ever playing for a club you grew up to despise, period. He was an up and coming talent, someone else would have come in for him, its not like that was his last chance at stardom.

I would rather work at the local market than ever play for that sh*t club no matter what the money or circumstances. I F***ing hate them and for him to kiss their badge is the ultimate sign of disrespect.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2009 12:09:52 pm
      Well, it's not often you can a person like Stevie and Carra around. And I'm glad they play for Liverpool.

Kissing the badge of your current club in front the fans of the team you used to play for = unacceptable.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #11: Jan 09, 2009 12:12:40 pm
      Agree with Brian78's points entirely.

Personally, I couldn't play for a club who not only openly sing about their hatred for scousers and their murderers chants and Hillsborough chants etc about people where you're from.

It's one thing selling out your supposed boyhood club - after all he was never going to win anything with the blues and at the age he moved - 17 or whatever - then you can hardly claim to be the world's biggest supporter of anyone at that age IMO.

However it's a completely different thing selling out your heritage and your own identity. 

I have no respect for the little fat sh*t.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #12: Jan 10, 2009 01:24:32 pm
      I have no respect for the little fat sh*t.
      ;D Same here
      He is disgraceful. Once a blue always a blue eh?
      I wish one pundit or interviewer would have the balls to show rooney the video where he has that written on his t shirt and ask him what it actually meant.
      I think he's overrated anyway. Every time he gets the ball the commentator goes crazy...
      Here's Tevez, to Carrick to Scholes ... to ROOOOOOOOOONEYYYYYY ... to vidic. It's ridiculous ???
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #13: Jan 10, 2009 09:34:52 pm

Here's Tevez, to Carrick to Scholes ... to ROOOOOOOOOONEYYYYYY ... to vidic.

:lmao:

Noone likes a sell out. And as you guys say, its one thing leaving for money, leaving for Man Utd from Liverpool City with a big grin is something else.

Do they like him there at all??
      If the Torres story were a different one, if he only came to us cause we offered more money than Chelsea, but that Liverpool or Chelsea didnt really matter, two big clubs, whats the difference... would we still love him as we do? I know for myself he had to do more than score lots of goals or kiss the Liverbird to win me over. I'm even a bit skeptic when players come and say they chose LFC cause they want to win trophies. I want players who wants to play for Liverpool, cause theres nowhere else they would rather be!
      Well, how silly is that ::)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #14: Jan 13, 2009 12:48:35 am
      ^^^^ Not silly at all, i know alot of people who think like that and i do too to a certain degree. The good thing is, most (not all) players usually end up not wanting to leave because of the affection they have developed towards the club and its fans.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Jan 13, 2009 01:11:12 am
      True :)
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Jan 17, 2009 07:19:42 pm
      The bitters made him what he is. To kiss the badge of a club that you've moved to just to wind up the people that made you is moronic.
      His parents undoubtedly, are blue. I wonder what they think? They must feel like they've had a heart attack.

He's scum. Scum of 2 sorts.

Quick Reply