Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

RTK - Reclaim the Kop

Read 26044 times
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Re: RTK - Reclaim the Kop
      Reply #115: May 26, 2009 08:11:25 pm
      Sorry Huyton Red wasn't referring to you. ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #116: May 26, 2009 09:03:47 pm
      Sorry Huyton Red wasn't referring to you. ;)

Fair enough mate, sorry way I read it with the quote. Strange thing was I was agreeing with everything else.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #117: May 26, 2009 09:51:18 pm
      Exaclty and do you actually go.As someone who has stood in the Kop in the 60,s I can confirm that bluedufflecoat is talking bollocks. Do you not know how we were famed for our last minute winners in front of the Kop  do you think that the crowd just sat idly bye. Its as much up to the team as the crowd to create atmosphere when they both get it right then it is a wonderful partnership.When I go and it isnt as much as I like I come away with a headache and a sore throat whats the point of going if you are not going to get involved.Start by banning Camera phones and boiled sweets.
      Well in mate, I too was there in the mid 60's, and on the kop you had no option but to get involved.The crowd never "sat idly bye" we swayed all over the f*cking show, but that didn't stop us singing til hoarse. My son has the season ticket now as I am one of those who find it too expensive on a regular basis, but rest assured he is one who keeps up the tradition of loud vocal support and does not have any boiled sweets or use his camera phone.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #118: May 26, 2009 10:34:20 pm
      I was in the Kop for the Arsenal game and my ears were ringing after the game.  the atmosphere was unbelievable! :laugh:
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #119: May 26, 2009 10:48:26 pm
      Reclaim the Kop indeed.

Some people just turn up now, expecting to soak up an atmosphere.  Anybody who goes to the Kop - YOU are responsible for being part of the atmosphere.

If you don't want to sing then don't get a ticket for the Kop - in fact don't even get a ticket for the game.  Watch it on the tele.

When you go to a game you are shoulder to shoulder with all the other reds, and get behind our team and scare the sh*t out of the opposition. 

This isn't a scouse - out of town thing - this is about sorting out the real fans who want to make Anfield great, and those who expect to go to Anfield to take nice video's with their mobiles while not participating.  We want more of the former, less of the latter.

Ole!!  Sign me up.

ands its not just the kop that should be generating atmosphere, there are 4! yes 4! stands that seat supporters, who should all be singing and chanting, shouting encouragement and motivating the team, thats the tradition of not only our club, but going to any football ground in the whole f'n world!!

i'm not even gonnna start with a roy keane esq rant bout the game being a working class lease of life being invaded by the prawn sandwich/corporate suit wearing/ day tripping/ santa hat wearing/ match of the day seeking tossers.

I kindly asked the old fella next me in the kop on sunday (i sat where there are only 3 seats next to the stairs to block 305)  and the 3 behind and the 3 in front if they where on a silent protest, when they asked what do i mean, i told them "its only me singing and shouting encouragement, including the gratuity chants towards sami and demands to rafa to get them on, in this section, only others singing are on the other side of the stairs and the standing up fellas behind me 7 rows back!"

they all quietly said along the lines of "who are you? and i paid for my seat, i can do whatever i want, if you wanna be the only singing, then go ahead, but if you stand up, i'll inform the steward"

the worst was the fella sat next to me, he had to be in his 70's, couldnt be botherd to hold up his piece of sami's mosaic, so i did it for him, his mate next to him sang for fields of anfield road only, must be only song/ chant he knows!

to be honest now, only place worth sitting if your a true fan, and want to support the team without being asked to stop being a persistant nuisance with your singing and shouting is row 55 onwards.

an utter disgrace now with the crap our church is filled with!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #120: May 27, 2009 10:50:02 am
      Its a sad truth that since the Kop became seated and ticketed people who would never have dreamed of going in there before suddenly changed their season tickets to go in there and sit in silence.I also believe sadly that it wont change as the young fans of tomorrow will not be able to get a ticket to go in the Kop. European nights are different because a lot of season ticket holders dont go so the atmosphere is better but I think we are living in different times and unless we could persuade the club to Vet Kop applicants then nothing will change. It is a place of great History sadly the club only see it as a place to create revenue.(dont get me started on accounts ruining the world).
      Kopite 92
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #121: Jun 11, 2009 08:39:17 pm
      When the new stadium (depressing at the moment i know) comes i think the atmosphere will improve greatly, I think about 2000 tickets in block 305 was singled out for RTK to exchange with supporters who has a season ticket sat elsewhere in the ground and obviously wanted to sing and 'reclaim the kop' and with that optimism i hope the club will have some sort of policy to organising the kop with the propper fans who are up for it every week... I myself sit in the main stand around the half way line and about 20 rows from the back by the way.

I've just sat here and thought of what will encourage people to sing and get the atmosphere back up to the levels we are famous for, here are a few ideas which hopefully somebody involved in RTK might want to take note of if you hadn't thought of otherwise:

- Hand out leaflets on the stairways upto the seats, make it a short read highlighting the aims and finish with the quote about the kop being a society made by bill shankly

- Get a chant going at the start of the match, a simple RECLAIM THE KOP! ...RECLAIM THE KOP! ...RECLAIM THE KOP!

- I think somebody mentioned previously that they questioned a group of people for not singing by asking them if they were on a silent protest or something, aint having a go at you btw... I see the top third of the kop as being the best vocally, if any of you can spot somebody not singing during the first half just take a walk down or over to them say hi and the like and give them some information on RTK and ask them to get involved nice and politely then shake their hand and get back up.

Get reclaiming that kop boys  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply