Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Liverpool v Everton (Premier League) - Match Thread

Read 34786 times
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Re: Liverpool v Everton (Premier League) - Match Thread
      Reply #437: Jan 20, 2009 02:23:44 pm
      but thats just it . . . . . . . . . Mascherano was fit and on the bench, it's whether Benitez sends him on or not !

Somebody worked the extra time with a sundial,there was no way it was only 2 mins. having said that though we should have well wrapped the game up earlier we had the chances but its not all doom and gloom as Rafa said after the game we've got players coming back - Agger and Mascherano would have made all the difference last night.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #438: Jan 20, 2009 02:28:41 pm
      no i don't agree but I do hope. But I dont think we can last the pace. . . . . . .we'll see.

I'm not taking any positives form the draws at all, I'm as pissed off with the draws as is everybody else, I'm taking the positives form the wins against  the Scum, Chavs , Man city, wigan, we were losing against the top teams last season, this year it's different, we've beaten them once ! w can do it again as badly as we've been playing and dropping points right left and centre, there is after all only one team above us !
      were joint top on the results of our passed games and performances, things can only get better as the song goes ! if we lose the title (which we won't) by 1 pt would it make a bad season ?
      I've not been this excited by a league season for god knows how long !
      I'm not going to sit here reading this sh*te about how our season is finished, there's over a third of the season still to go F.F.S !
      I agree with you we have to stop drawing games, but your reference to a team not winning the league with as many draws as we have in the last 10 yrs only goes to show how long it's been since WE won it ! records are there to be beaten we've done it in the past we can do it again, do you not agree ?

lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #439: Jan 20, 2009 03:39:52 pm
      Think why people think are season is over is becaue the form of man u and the amount of draws we are having, becuase we all know man u always grind out reasults against lesser teams who sit back, and we seem to struggle and it is a little concern.

But if you look at are fixtures apart from man u, with got chelsea, man city, sunderland, villa, blackburn, arsenal, newcastle and spurs at home all at home, and this season we seemed to beat the better teams at home, but beat the lesser teams away, which is a good omen for are remaning fixtures.

And the people who say were out of the title are you mad were joint top not 10 points behind, just give a bit of belief and hope. and when or if we are too many points behind the top then start thinking about are chances of winning the title, just not why were joint top.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #440: Jan 20, 2009 06:50:03 pm
      Now do people understand why Keane doesn't play very often?
      He was useless again.

4-2-3-1 is the best formation for us.
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #441: Jan 20, 2009 06:55:31 pm
      Feeling disappointed because we dropped two points, but it ain't over yet. Still plenty of games for us to catch up and get top spot back.

Bring them on again Sunday, fully confident of a win.
      Yes that was yesterday and we cannot change the results but we can definately improve so lets be positive
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #442: Jan 20, 2009 07:05:44 pm
      You are either a lfc supporter or a scum supporter and if you are a lfc supporter given all the past seasons short commings and have'nt won the premier league since 1990 and being in the position we are now in , you should be brimming with confidence and optimism with all your support for the players and manager . unless you wanna join the yanks and become a w**ker .
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #443: Jan 20, 2009 07:49:04 pm
      I would be brimming with confidence if -
      1) we hadn't dropped 21 points in 9 games with 5 of those coming against also rans
      2) Rafa could decide who our best 11 was
      3) we Capitalised on Utd and Chelsea's poor results
      4) Villa were not breathing down our necks
      5) we  provided better service to our strikers
      6) Utd hadn't leaped frog us
      7) we weren't so predictable
      8) we could kill a game off
      9) we didn't struggle to beat the likes of Wigan and Man City
      10) .......and if Utd, Chelsea and Villa weren't playing better than us

You are either a lfc supporter or a scum supporter and if you are a lfc supporter given all the past seasons short commings and have'nt won the premier league since 1990 and being in the position we are now in , you should be brimming with confidence and optimism with all your support for the players and manager . unless you wanna join the yanks and become a w**ker .
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #444: Jan 20, 2009 07:53:12 pm
      I went home from the game last night a bit disapointed.  Listened to the Bitters on Radio City banging on about how great they are.  They got a point against us.  WOW.
      Woke up this morning and it hurt.  Why?  Its not as if we lost. I can't explain it.  If anybody knows please let me know.

Oh and had to put up with all the sh*te from all the ManUre fans AGAIN.  It's got to the stage now where I've run out of arguments and points.  They have just thrown the last 10 years in my face over and over.  Its starting to get to me (as a fan) because I am having doubts about how this season will pan out.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #445: Jan 20, 2009 08:02:41 pm
      Where was Agger???????
       rafa is a manager that i hate this type of.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #446: Jan 20, 2009 08:04:48 pm
      To not win a game to go top is one thing, but not to win against Everton to go top over Utd is a niggle !

I went home from the game last night a bit disapointed.  Listened to the Bitters on Radio City banging on about how great they are.  They got a point against us.  WOW.
      Woke up this morning and it hurt.  Why?  Its not as if we lost. I can't explain it.  If anybody knows please let me know.

Oh and had to put up with all the sh*te from all the ManUre fans AGAIN.  It's got to the stage now where I've run out of arguments and points.  They have just thrown the last 10 years in my face over and over.  Its starting to get to me (as a fan) because I am having doubts about how this season will pan out.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #447: Jan 20, 2009 08:06:58 pm
      Where was Agger???????
       rafa is a manager that i hate this type of.

Is Agger not out injured?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #448: Jan 20, 2009 08:21:46 pm
      The Rafa critics all got their team last night. 4-4-2 with Gerrard in the middle, Keane and Torres upfront. He picked that team to please the crowd. It back fired. We're a far better outfit with Gerrard in behind Torres. The players need to take a lot of the blame for last night as well. No fight or desire in them. It was pathetic really. Some of them need to stand up and be counted and get out of their shells. Keane was an absolute joke last night. We might as well have played with ten men. The ground was bouncing before kick off and was crying out for a European style 'get into them' approach from the very first minute. It just never happened. We could all see that we sat back after we scored and the equaliser was coming. We never really got into a rhythm last night and paid the price.

alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #449: Jan 20, 2009 08:28:40 pm
      The Rafa critics all got their team last night. 4-4-2 with Gerrard in the middle, Keane and Torres upfront. He picked that team to please the crowd. It back fired. We're a far better outfit with Gerrard in behind Torres. The players need to take a lot of the blame for last night as well. No fight or desire in them. It was pathetic really. Some of them need to stand up and be counted and get out of their shells. Keane was an absolute joke last night. We might as well have played with ten men. The ground was bouncing before kick off and was crying out for a European style 'get into them' approach from the very first minute. It just never happened. We could all see that we sat back after we scored and the equaliser was coming. We never really got into a rhythm last night and paid the price.

I actually thought that the team did on the whole put in a good effort, and really got stuck in, something that had looked a bit suspect in previous games.

But there was a problem with width, Kuyt kept coming inside and made us too narrow. 

There too many long balls too, you can't just play that way with Keane.

And Keane, well, every time he made a run, he seemed to follow Torres.

Finally, Lucas Leiva.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #450: Jan 20, 2009 08:29:32 pm
      To not win a game to go top is one thing, but not to win against Everton to go top over Utd is a niggle !

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #451: Jan 20, 2009 08:50:21 pm

Come on now. He played five minutes.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #452: Jan 20, 2009 08:54:32 pm

Slagging Lucas off? What could he have possibly have done last night to change that game?

Not a single Liverpool player did themselves justice last night. Some were out of position, some were below par and others were stopped from producing their best by an Everton side which was hell bent on ensuring they did not lose a fourth consecutive derby.

But for some reason, Lucas - who was on the pitch for no more than nine minutes including stoppage time - has borne the brunt of the criticism that is flying round - just smacks of looking for a scapegoat and being blamed for everything that goes wrong at Anfield whether it's his fault or not.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #453: Jan 20, 2009 11:26:00 pm
      Stayed up till the early hours last night reading all the posts!!I think having read tonights that a lot was said under stress.due to the sheer intensity leading up to the game.as this was without doubt THE most important Derby in my living memory.It was a dissapointing result for us, but we ARE LFC supporters and we WILL get behind Rafa & the players won't we?

To finish off....(From Glenbucks Post page 260)Re the so called fans that left before the final whistle.YOU'RE A DISGRACE.  :smack:
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #454: Jan 20, 2009 11:27:04 pm
      Sorry thats page 26
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #455: Jan 21, 2009 12:27:48 am
      I reckon we blame the snow for last night. The one F***ing time it snows in Liverpool and we let the bitters score.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #456: Jan 21, 2009 12:32:29 am
      I thought the starting 11 was a decent enough side but Rafas Subs Bemused me and as for Robbie Keane was he even on the pitch? i barely noticed him,should never have sold Crouch.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #457: Jan 21, 2009 12:55:49 am
      I agree about Crouch.
      He was almost always a threat and worried defences constantly.

Was so disappointed that we sold him.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #458: Jan 21, 2009 02:30:19 am
      Can anyone tell me who was responsible for Tim Cahill on that free kick that he headed in for the Everton goal?   

I watched it on tv, and saw him all alone wander in to the six yard box, it was obvious by his position that the Arteta free kick was going to be aimed at goal, with Cahill running in a direct line across the goal in an attempt to divert the shot in. Why were we not awake to it?

In the history of the premier league which player has scored the most goals in the last 5 minutes of matches from set pieces?  I would be surprised if it isn't Tim Cahill

Sometimes you have to win matches an ugly 1-0, and to be honest Everton defended extremely well, giving only the one real chance to Torres, which unfortunately he missed.
      With all the analyzing in the world about the formation, the lack of effectiveness from Kuyt, Keane, Gerrard playing in the deeper role, should Babel be playing etc etc,  at the end of the day what cost Liverpool these 3 points was the total lack of awareness to what the most dangerous Everton player was up to on that set piece. 

I am sure many of you were screaming from wherever you were watching, put 2 on him, put 2 on him.  With the history of this player on set pieces leaving him unmarked is suicidal.
      Defend that situation properly and this thread would look completely different, walking away with an ugly 1-0 is something we must learn to do if we want to win this title.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #459: Jan 22, 2009 07:48:36 pm
      Slagging Lucas off? What could he have possibly have done last night to change that game?

Not a single Liverpool player did themselves justice last night. Some were out of position, some were below par and others were stopped from producing their best by an Everton side which was hell bent on ensuring they did not lose a fourth consecutive derby.

But for some reason, Lucas - who was on the pitch for no more than nine minutes including stoppage time - has borne the brunt of the criticism that is flying round - just smacks of looking for a scapegoat and being blamed for everything that goes wrong at Anfield whether it's his fault or not.

I am not making Lucas Leiva a scape goat.  The decision to bring him on instead of Mascha was criminal, and all Lucas seemed to do was run round like a headless chicken and foul everybody.
      But that was not the reason we didn't win.  It was a lot of other factors already written about earlier by other people.

Quick Reply