Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Two draws, it's not all that bad

Read 857 times
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Two draws, it's not all that bad
      Jan 20, 2009 11:35:24 pm
      After draws away at Stoke and home to Everton,where does that leave our title challenge?

Obviously we have lost four points to the mancs and I'm as dissapointed and frustrated as the next LFC fan.However I feel we could use this to our advantage,everyone has already written us off.We are now off the top of the table and don't have people saying " can they stay there? ",so we can get on with the job as underdogs,the position we like being in.

Plus it's still in our hands cause if we win at old trafford,we're right back top of the league.

Thoughts ?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,034 posts | 3352 
      Re: Two draws, it's not all that bad
      Reply #1: Jan 20, 2009 11:47:20 pm
      Two draws doesn't sound bad, eight sounds rather disappointing. Five 0-0 draws is just a joke for a club like Liverpool.

Our title challenge is nowhere near over because of these results. In my opinion though mate, we haven't lost four points to United but we have lost four possible points. Well sixteen points taking into account all the draws but during 2009 it's four points dropped at the moment. It's not great but it doesn't rule us out of the title challenge. It's still a very healthy looking table for Liverpool despite eight draws.

Plus it's still in our hands cause if we win at old trafford,we're right back top of the league.

Depending we're still in a position to go top mate.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: Two draws, it's not all that bad
      Reply #2: Jan 20, 2009 11:50:40 pm
      We're still handily placed and can still win the title.

I'd love if they write us off. Then we can prove all the doubters wrong.

Even though I desperately wanted 6 points out of the last 2 games, it didn't happen and we can't change that.
      We must now knuckle down and get on a formidable run to get back on top.

I know all is not perfect and I'm not kidding myself, but it's not all doom and gloom. We can do it.

Nothing is won in January so come on all you Reds supporters, we must believe.

Quick Reply