Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Flags with players faces

Read 1203 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Flags with players faces
      Jan 24, 2009 07:52:59 pm
      Does anybody know if theres a particular reason why ex players aren't seen on flags in the Kop?

We have loads of Shanks flags Paisley flags Rafa flags and flags of the european cup so I find it strange that the likes of Kenny, Rushie, Emlyn and so on arent seen on flags. I think it would be a great way to shown the likes of those players that what they achieved will live on in our memory forever. I remember we had the odd Fowler flag and theres the odd Torres one now but unless Im wrong none of former players.

Sorry if it appears to be a strange topic to bring up
      ColdEyes
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts |
      Re: Flags with players faces
      Reply #1: Jan 24, 2009 08:26:38 pm
      I totally agree. I see it a lot around here, and I think it's great to show former players how much the supporters are thankful to them, for trophys, or even just a great love to the club.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Jan 24, 2009 08:43:17 pm
      Think the stadium would look class, if the flags were not just in the kop, but round the whole stadium, like the paddock, main stand, an the anie road end. 
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Jan 25, 2009 09:38:15 am
      Think the stadium would look class, if the flags were not just in the kop, but round the whole stadium, like the paddock, main stand, an the anie road end. 

I'd like to see some atmosphere spread to those stands first! :D

Would be a good idea though. May help the cause and display a bit of visible support all around the stadium. Might inspire some of our quieter regulars....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Jan 25, 2009 03:07:44 pm
      There's a Fernando 'El Nino' one thats always about but would love to see a Sami one soon.

Quick Reply