Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Stop criticising Dirk

Read 8691 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Stop criticising Dirk
      Jan 25, 2009 08:38:19 pm
      I'm fed up now of people who call themselves Liverpool fans having a go at Kuyt at every opportunity they get.
      At the match today there were 2 fellas sitting in the row next to me and they said nothing all game, never sang , never applauded any players for good work but as soon as Kuyt took a heavy touch or was beaten in the air they stood up and shouted their heads off at him. Seriously do these people just go the match to criticise players who they don't like? He gives 110% every game and i hear people saying, " I don't care he just doesn't have the technical ability" whatever that means.
      He's a Liverpool player who gives his all week in week out, gets us very important goals and how many times do i have to say, IS NOT A STRIKER  :f_steam:
      Rafa has found his position now, its on the right and i can't see anyone else to challenge that position. We have Torres and Keane and Gerrard  (I'm sure he'll come good) to get our goals, so why does Dirk get the blame if we don't score?
      It annoys me more than anything when i go the game to see people getting angry at our own players and making the atmosphere a negative one. You people are ruining the home atmosphere, and guess what? It's free to sit at home on the couch and shout at the TV and it frees up a seat in the stadium for a proper fan to get behind the team whatever the scoreline. You can't criticise individuals unless they don't look like they're trying to help Liverpool win the game
      I think most people have the same opinion here?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Stop criticising Dirk
      Reply #1: Jan 25, 2009 08:43:13 pm
      Agree

Not Dirks biggest fan by any means but its bad when you see your own players getting hammered by "fans"

I want Babel to go, cant stand him, but i wont have a go at everything he does like some people today.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Jan 25, 2009 08:45:37 pm
      Most of it is knee-jerk, and everybody is guilty of that.

Everybody here knows that we should be supporting anybody who plays in our shirt 100%.
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #3: Jan 25, 2009 08:46:13 pm
      Maybe kuyt needs a rest a long one im sure benayoun can fill his absence while kuyt takes a breather
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #4: Jan 25, 2009 08:53:53 pm
      Maybe kuyt needs a rest a long one im sure benayoun can fill his absence while kuyt takes a breather
      I haven't seen a sensible post anywhere from you yet mate
      Are you being serious
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #5: Jan 25, 2009 08:59:02 pm
      and guess what? It's free to sit at home on the couch and shout at the TV and it frees up a seat in the stadium for a proper fan to get behind the team whatever the scoreline.
      So why doesnt kuyt sit at home and watch the matches there and give someone better a chance to play (yossi) Yes right side is his new position but surely he has to come up with more goals and assits.

To his credit he does give 100% every game but thats his work rate. he does more tracking back than making an impact attacking wise.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Jan 25, 2009 09:03:12 pm
      I love kuyt 'cos he is proud to wear the lfc badge on his heart. The passion he has for us is like being a local player is unbelievable.
      He isn't the best player in lfc team but he is a important part of our winning team. He loves to score important goals.
      I don't know why these kind of fans go to the match? Every player that wears our shirt from dossena till Gerrard must be supported in the stadium from us 'Real fans'.
      Well done Ally, Its a good topic.
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #7: Jan 25, 2009 09:07:00 pm
      You can give an 150% performance but its no use if you cannot put the ball in the back of the net when you had the clear chance to do so , eg; gerrards pass to kuyt in todays game . i like the guys work rate but we need to win the game not add on more games , hope he improves ,
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #8: Jan 25, 2009 09:46:52 pm
      All what he doesn't have is Creativity...
      redsamba82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | -4 
      Reply #9: Jan 25, 2009 10:16:47 pm
      i will give dirk credit hes got a great engine and doesnt stop running for the team,but we bought him to score goals,hes not the fastest,his touch is not the greatest,most of the time his shooting is piss poor,even if you did put him upfront he wouldnt be a prolific goal scorer,dirk kuyt has been here for a few years now and has never gone on a good goal scoreing streak,hes just not good enough,him and beniyoun,arbeloa,lucas,dossana,deggam,arulio,are simply not good enough for liverpool !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jan 25, 2009 10:20:03 pm
      I'm fed up now of people who call themselves Liverpool fans having a go at Kuyt at every opportunity they get.
      At the match today there were 2 fellas sitting in the row next to me and they said nothing all game, never sang , never applauded any players for good work but as soon as Kuyt took a heavy touch or was beaten in the air they stood up and shouted their heads off at him. Seriously do these people just go the match to criticise players who they don't like? He gives 110% every game and i hear people saying, " I don't care he just doesn't have the technical ability" whatever that means.
      He's a Liverpool player who gives his all week in week out, gets us very important goals and how many times do i have to say, IS NOT A STRIKER  :f_steam:
      Rafa has found his position now, its on the right and i can't see anyone else to challenge that position. We have Torres and Keane and Gerrard  (I'm sure he'll come good) to get our goals, so why does Dirk get the blame if we don't score?
      It annoys me more than anything when i go the game to see people getting angry at our own players and making the atmosphere a negative one. You people are ruining the home atmosphere, and guess what? It's free to sit at home on the couch and shout at the TV and it frees up a seat in the stadium for a proper fan to get behind the team whatever the scoreline. You can't criticise individuals unless they don't look like they're trying to help Liverpool win the game
      I think most people have the same opinion here?

Agree and don't agree.

Agree about at the match. It's one thing being frustrated and having a moan, but it's totally another thing when 'fans' are hurling abuse at our players and there's not a peep out of them when the players do something good.

But a lot of peoples opinions will be divided about Kuyt - or any other players for that matter. And this is why we debate things.

If someone is to just say 'Kuyt is sh*t, get rid'. Then I wont take a blind bit of notice to them whether I agree or not. But if they give an adult explanation for their reasoning of this statement, then I'm happy to take note.

Players are viewed upon by their performances. And it's a good thing to debate them. Today, I didn't think Kuyt was up to much and he really should have scored in the 80th minute. He done the grafting bit alright, but for an attacking player, he should have really imposed himself on the game more. He passed the ball backwards too many times for my liking and didn't anticipate the ball going forward as much as he should have done.

So I think I'm well within my rights to criticise him. People might not agree with me, but there's always difference of opinion.

People shouldn't be uncomfortable with criticising any players on here, as long as there's reasons to back it up. Sometimes (or in some cases, most of the time) it's deserved.
      kieronhlfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts | -1 
      Reply #11: Jan 25, 2009 10:23:36 pm
      Dirk Kuyt is a good player - I stress the word good - not brilliant, amazing or world class for that matter. He is always willing to work hard for the team which is good to see compared to some of the Drogba's and Ronaldo's of today who seem to thing they're bigger than their club. He is often criticized for his lack of technical ability which i believe is often undeserved - he is one of the few Liverpool players that are willing to receive the ball under pressure with his back to goal. This is often going to result in miss controlling the ball, but perhaps a result of his lack of pace - this is the more beneficial option in terms of keeping possession. However playing everyone of his games this season on the right side of midfield, I am sure you will he agree he is a large piece of our first 11 providing a quantity of goals second only to Gerrard this season. Yes, I am 100% sure if Torres had been fit for an equal amount of games his record would have been a much more clinical one, but that's what you expect from a £25 million striker, right? So yes, I believe he is a decent consistent player who provides stability to our midfield and often does the simple thing. However it  really does beg the question, is he the type of player to contribute to a league winning side? and would he truly get into the Man United, Chelsea or even Arsenal sides of today?   
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #12: Jan 25, 2009 10:26:37 pm
      players have to take the rough with the smooth, it's a price they pay for being professional footballers.

i dont think dirk gets half as much criticism as other players, such as lucas, keane, babel to name but a few.

another point is that his work rate is beyond question, it is just that there are supporters who feel that the team would do better in certain games with a bit more pace and creativity on the right.  in my opinion that is fair comment.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Jan 25, 2009 10:27:14 pm
      Dirk is a trier and thats great. But we arent Newcastle or Hull we need players who create things and take chances that come there way. His attitude is superb but attitude needs to be backed up with performance and results.   
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #14: Jan 25, 2009 10:34:37 pm
      You have to admire and respect the effort and commitment Dirk shows every time he is on the pitch and some players can learn from him in this respect, however he can frustrate with his lack of composure on the ball and in front of goal.

I don't think he is confident in front of goal and the chance today was typical of what he does when he has a bit of time to pick his spot. He seems to take the chances when he has less time to think about it. He also turns back too many times when receiving a pass instead of looking forward.

What I do like, apart from his work rate, is that he does know when to get into the box when the ball is on the far side of the pitch and has scored some vital goals from this area. He also tries to hold his position out wide most of the time which does give us an option.

I don't feel Yossi or El Zhar are a better option than Dirk at the minute and unless someone else is brought in he is the best player for the right in my opinion.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #15: Jan 25, 2009 10:52:40 pm
      Dirk Kuyt is a good player - I stress the word good - not brilliant, amazing or world class for that matter. He is always willing to work hard for the team which is good to see compared to some of the Drogba's and Ronaldo's of today who seem to thing they're bigger than their club. He is often criticized for his lack of technical ability which I believe is often undeserved - he is one of the few Liverpool players that are willing to receive the ball under pressure with his back to goal. This is often going to result in miss controlling the ball, but perhaps a result of his lack of pace - this is the more beneficial option in terms of keeping possession. However playing everyone of his games this season on the right side of midfield, I am sure you will he agree he is a large piece of our first 11 providing a quantity of goals second only to Gerrard this season. Yes, I am 100% sure if Torres had been fit for an equal amount of games his record would have been a much more clinical one, but that's what you expect from a £25 million striker, right? So yes, I believe he is a decent consistent player who provides stability to our midfield and often does the simple thing. However it  really does beg the question, is he the type of player to contribute to a league winning side? and would he truly get into the Man United, Chelsea or even Arsenal sides of today?   
      I do appreciate you standing in Dirks corner ,BUT how can you say that a player who in YOUR words" miss controlls the ball " which in my opinion he should not be doing on a regular basis.(which as we all know he does )playing at this level. Lets get real he's a grafter alright but so is Robbie Savage (oh God did I say that ).But if Rafa sold him for a big profit would you give up your season ticket? I don't think so.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2009 11:58:09 pm by Venison 86 »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #16: Jan 25, 2009 11:43:54 pm
      i will give dirk credit hes got a great engine and doesnt stop running for the team,but we bought him to score goals,hes not the fastest,his touch is not the greatest,most of the time his shooting is piss poor,even if you did put him upfront he wouldnt be a prolific goal scorer,dirk kuyt has been here for a few years now and has never gone on a good goal scoreing streak,hes just not good enough,him and beniyoun,arbeloa,lucas,dossana,deggam,arulio,are simply not good enough for liverpool !
      How do you expect to have your opinion taken seriously if you don't pay attention to how our players name's are spelt? If you're so ignorant to that, I'm not even going to listen to any of your other points
      Come on.
      It's Benayoun, Dossena, Degan, and Aurelio.
      And how can you criticise Arbeloa? He does his job brilliantly.
      The only reason he's lost his place recently is because of Skrtels return to fitness, so Rafa has been trying some new formations at the back, some excluding Arbeloa.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #17: Jan 25, 2009 11:52:08 pm
      Most of it is knee-jerk, and everybody is guilty of that.

Everybody here knows that we should be supporting anybody who plays in our shirt 100%.
      I understand what you mean but I'm having a go at the people who only knee jerk.
      These people who call themselves fans but don't sing for whatever reason and don't applaud the players.
      It's not knee jerking when its all you intend to do.
      These people should be ashamed of themselves

So why doesnt kuyt sit at home and watch the matches there and give someone better a chance to play (Yossi)
      I understand if you would rather have Benayoun on the pitch if you have an argument to back that up, but if you saw a player deciding not to play because he himself didn't think he was good enough, what would be your response.
      "Sorry Rafa I'm having the weekend off I don't feel like I'm good enough for Liverpool. I'd rather put someone else on the pitch than try and improve my game or try harder to be honest gaffer." Sure that's what i would say ::)

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #18: Jan 26, 2009 12:01:50 am
      It's Benayoun, Dossena, Degan, and Aurelio.

It's actually Degen. But I'm through nitpicking.

I haven't fully looked through the match threads as of yet, so I really can't recall anyone coming on here solely to knee-jerk apart from Richobaz, and even he is very rarely on.

redsamba82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | -4 
      Reply #19: Jan 26, 2009 12:11:49 am
      ally-lfc an who the f**k are you,you f**king blert you a f**king an english teacher ? its only a forum I couldnt giv 2 fucks if I spelt a sh*t players name rong,I f**king hate online geeks who go on about spelling,at the end of the day dirk kuyt is sh*te,if I dont like a certain liverpool player I dont f**king like him you chump,ally you deffo a f**king snob lad going on about spelling you f**king pleb !
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2009 12:25:23 am by redsamba82 »
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #20: Jan 26, 2009 12:19:00 am
      Edit message visble etc? Don't understand. could you explain please.!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #21: Jan 26, 2009 12:32:08 am
      ally-lfc an who the f**k are you,you f**king blert a f**king an english teacher ? its only a forum I couldnt giv 2 fucks if I spelt a sh*t players name rong,I f**king hate online geeks who go on about spelling,at the end of the day dirk kuyt is sh*te,if I dont like a certain liverpool player I dont f**king like him you chump,ally you deffo a f**king snob lad going on about spelling you f**king pleb !
      Dyer know this is a great forum,but does it really matter if our spelling is'nt up to Oxbridge standards?When i joined I read the rules which did not say one coul'nt join if one could'nt spell properly.!! Good on yer Redsamba. :gt-happyup:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Jan 26, 2009 12:51:14 am
      Dyer know this is a great forum,but does it really matter if our spelling is'nt up to Oxbridge standards?When i joined I read the rules which did not say one coul'nt join if one could'nt spell properly.!! Good on yer Redsamba. :gt-happyup:

Yes it does matter. There's no excuse for text language or consistant poor spelling (especially when LFC players names are concerned) when there's a spell check available. It's all in the not too demanding rules. If people don't like the way things work on here, then they can go elsewhere.

Back on topic.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #23: Jan 26, 2009 12:55:01 am
      People criticising Liverpool players at Anfield is unacceptable. These people need to be weeded out of the club.

Pass-and-move
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -7 
      Reply #24: Jan 26, 2009 02:10:10 am
      Blaming Kuyt or having a go at the lad at Anfield is pointless. He is playing, with all his infinite limitations, because the manager picks him to play. What is he meant to do, refuse to play because he accepts he's not up to the job?

It was the same when Benitez or Houllier picked Djimi Traore. People savaged poor Traore for his performances. But the lad should never have been out on a pitch for Liverpool, he wasn't good enough for that level. Neither IMO is Kuyt or Lucas or Dossena or Keane. But it comes down to whoever is in charge picking these clearly limited players.  Kuyt wouldn't hold down a 1st team spot in any championship winning team. He is far too limited in what he offers. But as long as he plays and tries his best he should not be booed because he has no option but to play if he's picked.
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 26, 2009 02:38:39 am
      Kuyt wouldn't hold down a 1st team spot in any championship winning team. He is far too limited in what he offers. But as long as he plays and tries his best he should not be booed because he has no option but to play if he's picked.

Exactly, you can't yell at the lad because he's trying his ass off.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #26: Jan 26, 2009 07:41:48 am
      Kuyt has got to be the most frustrating Liverpool player to watch, last season watching him made me want to smash the TV his touch is piss poor he couldn't score he was all round sh*te. This year we playing him as a winger and he has frustrated me even more he still has no ball control or skill and cant score, I really do not see why he plays every game and every minute of it, Kuyt has been given ample time and I don't think he can offer us anything, his work rate is great, so what? Lets get a Kenyan long distance runner in to run around for 90 mins it would be the same thing
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #27: Jan 26, 2009 07:54:26 am
      I agree with some of this, but not all.

For those who say we shouldn't be booing our lads at Anfield when they make a mistake, that's spot on! I always thought supporting a team meant just that: cheering them on, urging them forward, boosting their confidence. Yelling at a player when he's made an error won't change what went wrong, and it will probably knock his confidence, which will increase the chances he makes another mistake!

However, when a game is over, I don't see what's wrong with constructively criticising the team as a whole, our tactics (good or bad), and individual performances. I stress: constructive. I've had a go in the past at people slagging off Kuyt, saying "he's sh*t" or "he's useless" - worthless comments. If we say he has a poor first touch, or that he often isolates himself or passes backward too often, I don't see the harm.

I love Kuyt's attitude, determination, will to win, he is an example to the team in those areas! But with the good comes the bad, and if people want to question what he brings to the club that's their right. For me, I'm a fan of the club, first and foremost, and blindly stating a player is good enough just because he plays for us isn't a valid argument.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #28: Jan 26, 2009 09:50:13 am
      I understand if you would rather have Benayoun on the pitch if you have an argument to back that up, but if you saw a player deciding not to play because he himself didn't think he was good enough, what would be your response.
      "Sorry Rafa I'm having the weekend off I don't feel like I'm good enough for Liverpool. I'd rather put someone else on the pitch than try and improve my game or try harder to be honest gaffer." Sure that's what I would say ::)

Point taken mate. I was just fuming over yet another home draw. Just to clear it up i have never shouted abuse at one of our players and never will. ;)

But i still stand by what i said about Dirk.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 26, 2009 09:58:07 am
      Average player.  Runs a lot and works hard but never going to set the world a light.  But lets not forget that he is not really a wide midfielder or at least he wasn't.

I don't think the game was big enough for him.  He only scores in the vital games!!

I am thinking about joining the dutch league so I can get 30 goals a season.
      kieronhlfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts | -1 
      Reply #30: Jan 26, 2009 10:08:26 am
      I do appreciate you standing in Dirks corner ,BUT how can you say that a player who in YOUR words" miss controlls the ball " which in my opinion he should not be doing on a regular basis.(which as we all know he does )playing at this level. Lets get real he's a grafter alright but so is Robbie Savage (oh God did I say that ).But if Rafa sold him for a big profit would you give up your season ticket? I don't think so.

Yes i agree - i wouldn't be particulary gutted to see the back of him if that came with a say £25 million total. But at the moment we have no better right midfielder at the club (apart from Gerrard who I'd much rather see in the centre or behind torres) and untill we find a more profitable alternitive we're going to have to get behind him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #31: Jan 26, 2009 10:11:18 am

Spot on mate, you've got to give Kuyt credit for effort but if he carries on with the negative passing, dodgy first touch and questionable position play he will end up warming the bench as should the other waste of space Babel.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2009 11:46:05 am by JD, Reason: Quote fixed. »
      piggy96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts | -12 
      Reply #32: Jan 26, 2009 10:11:48 am
      how can we not moan at him? hes been f***in sh*t. my nans a better winger. he aint got the pace to be a winger. get a pacy geezer or some 1 whos skillfull. fockin ell id rather have emile heskey and hes awful.
      we shud give nemeth a chance he looks
      off kuyt. sell him.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2009 12:57:49 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Racist language »
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #33: Jan 26, 2009 10:13:03 am
      Every team needs a Dirk Kuyt, one who does the chasing, the closing down, he also does it in the final third of the field and Dirk has a knack of winning balls he hasn't a right to, the players around benefit and understand Dirks worth. On Dirks downside is his shooting where he gets himself in a good position only to take the wrong option and now and then he miscontrols the ball but he more than makes up for that with his work rate. Dirk Kuyt is a diamond who loves this club and one day the doubters will understand his worth to us......
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #34: Jan 26, 2009 10:15:35 am
      how can we not moan at him? hes been f***in sh*t. my nans a better winger. he aint got the pace to be a winger. get a pacy geezer or some 1 whos skillfull. fockin ell id rather have emile heskey and hes awful.
      we shud give nemeth a chance he looks
      off kuyt. sell him.
      I can smell a ban here
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2009 12:58:15 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Edited out the racist bit he put »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #35: Jan 26, 2009 02:04:11 pm
      Hard work is all good and well providing it gets you somewhere. Kuyt's ability with the ball is not of a good enough standard in my opinion. I appriciate the shift he does and it stops others having to do all the running he does, but there has to be more than what he does.

Started this season like an absoloute house on fire, scoring, assisting, even his ball skills were sound. Since about November he's been back to the Kuyt of last year. I think there's better right wingers out there who can offer us more of a threat going forward.

But while you need your flair players, your stand out superstar players, you also need those who'll put in some graft and that's what we have in Kuyt. Sammy Lee was never the greatest footballer but knew how to work for the team and was very much a cult hero for Liverpool fans, now Kuyt is very much in the same mould as Lee but doesn't quite have the same feelings off the fans. Whether it's because Lee was Scouse and didn't cost 10 million quid I don't know.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #36: Jan 26, 2009 02:47:12 pm
      ally-lfc an who the f**k are you,you f**king blert you a f**king an english teacher ? its only a forum I couldnt giv 2 fucks if I spelt a sh*t players name rong,I f**king hate online geeks who go on about spelling,at the end of the day dirk kuyt is sh*te,if I dont like a certain liverpool player I dont f**king like him you chump,ally you deffo a f**king snob lad going on about spelling you f**king pleb !

It's up to you whether you spell words right or wrong, but I don't see how you can come onto a forum and criticise players without giving a reason.
      Kuyt = sh*te
      Lucas =  sh*te
      Dossena = sh*te
      Arbeloa = sh*te

You can't just say that without saying why.
      The only reason you said was, " if i don't like a certain liverpool player, i don't F***ing like him you chump"
      How old are you mate, cos you're acting like you're about 8
      I just can't take you seriously any more chump

Yes it does matter. There's no excuse for text language or consistant poor spelling (especially when LFC players names are concerned) when there's a spell check available. It's all in the not too demanding rules. If people don't like the way things work on here, then they can go elsewhere.

Back on topic.
      Well said Kenny
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #37: Jan 26, 2009 02:47:41 pm
      But while you need your flair players, your stand out superstar players, you also need those who'll put in some graft and that's what we have in Kuyt. Sammy Lee was never the greatest footballer but knew how to work for the team and was very much a cult hero for Liverpool fans, now Kuyt is very much in the same mould as Lee but doesn't quite have the same feelings off the fans. Whether it's because Lee was Scouse and didn't cost 10 million quid I don't know.

If Kuyt sharpened up and made more of the opportunities he gets no one would give a sh*t where he was from,how much he cost or make comparisons .Like Mr. Babel his inconsistency is costing the team.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2009 03:48:07 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Made the quote work correctly. ;) »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #38: Jan 26, 2009 02:51:36 pm
      I agree with some of this, but not all.

For those who say we shouldn't be booing our lads at Anfield when they make a mistake, that's spot on! I always thought supporting a team meant just that: cheering them on, urging them forward, boosting their confidence. Yelling at a player when he's made an error won't change what went wrong, and it will probably knock his confidence, which will increase the chances he makes another mistake!

However, when a game is over, I don't see what's wrong with constructively criticising the team as a whole, our tactics (good or bad), and individual performances. I stress: constructive. I've had a go in the past at people slagging off Kuyt, saying "he's sh*t" or "he's useless" - worthless comments. If we say he has a poor first touch, or that he often isolates himself or passes backward too often, I don't see the harm.

I love Kuyt's attitude, determination, will to win, he is an example to the team in those areas! But with the good comes the bad, and if people want to question what he brings to the club that's their right. For me, I'm a fan of the club, first and foremost, and blindly stating a player is good enough just because he plays for us isn't a valid argument.
      Well said
      How can you take someone seriously if all they say is, " He's sh*t" or " I F***ing hate him he can't kick a ball"
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #39: Jan 26, 2009 08:25:33 pm
      Everyone who comes on here has a right to an opinion ,whether or not we agree or not is not the issue ,its not to much to ask to pay youre fellow posters a bit of respect even if you dont think they are right ,as for Dirk as a grafter and a runner he,s top notch, as a top footballer playing for us i dont think so ,his shooting and finishing are at best average and i think i am being kind there ,and as for the notion of every team needs that kind of player i dont go for it ,if we were not giving the ball away so easily at the moment we wouldnt need to work so hard getting it back ,i thought thats what our defensive midfielders were for, or have i got that bit wrong,what we need is creativity and guile and sadly on those counts Kuyt is lacking.
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #40: Jan 27, 2009 11:44:59 am
      Dirk kuyt is a great player his work rate is unbeliveable I'm sure in time he'll find his scoring touch hopefully against chelsea or united
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #41: Jan 27, 2009 12:11:46 pm
      Head down - Donkey!

Can run all day - but so can Paula Radcliffe !  And she can p*ss more accurately than Kuyt can shoot !

Sell him please....
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #42: Jan 27, 2009 12:54:15 pm
      Head down - Donkey!

Can run all day - but so can Paula Radcliffe !  And she can p*ss more accurately than Kuyt can shoot !

Sell him please....

It's funny - I disagree with 99% of your posts. This one is no exception.

We need Dirk, he has amazing stamina which means he can harrass teams all through the game. I've seen him popping up everywhere; left-back, left-wing, in the box.

He reads the game well but just doesn't have the pace (or crosses) to become a decent right-winger.

I still wouldn't sell him though, no chance.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #43: Jan 27, 2009 12:58:19 pm

We need Dirk, he has amazing stamina which means he can harrass teams all through the game. I've seen him popping up everywhere; left-back, left-wing, in the box.

He reads the game well but just doesn't have the pace (or crosses) to become a decent right-winger.

Agreed, we would have dropped points without dirk, Wigan and Man City anyone?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #44: Jan 27, 2009 01:45:14 pm

I agree he can hassle teams throughout the whole match, I've more than once hailed his fantastic, selfless team spirit. But there is a flip side to this coin: do we need our right winger to be popping up at left-back or over on the left wing?

If he's back defending on the opposite corner of the pitch to where he is positioned, then it means that when we get the ball back there's one less attacking player to play it forward to, which is a big handicap to our counter attacking! We should be able to rely on our defence to remain solid without relying on the attacking players so much, and as for harassing players, I thought that was Mascherano's job?

Should make myself clear here: I appreciate the effort he puts in, and all our attacking players should be hustling for the ball once we've lost it, but to the extent he does it can have a counter effect, unstabling our formation.

Agreed! :D He has a tremendous value, but were we to sign a right winger in the Riera mould I wouldn't be unhappy either. Kuyt can be extremely effective against certain teams but leave us lacking a certain inspiration or pace against others.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #45: Jan 27, 2009 02:14:25 pm

dude somethings wrong with you. if you're mad at life dont bring all you sh** to the forum, some people here is actually trying to be constructive and friendly. you might have different opinions, and still not need to talk like a f**king gangster o whatever you think you sound like. plus, you're as 'geek' as the guy who tried to help you understand how names are written in this century, you know, one of those angry agressive geeks who think they are bad guys while they eat pizza 24/7. so please take your pills.

btw i think dirk is doing his best effort but imo he's not a natural winger, so no one should really be asking more of him playing in that position. and btw, he has scored mora goals than riera, idk about assists, but i just think people should not be that harsh with him. rafa is using the lads in a kind of wieird way, and as i said that is not dirks position in the first place so personally i won't complain a thing bout him.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #46: Jan 27, 2009 02:20:46 pm
      Kuyt can not perform as a striker either which is supposed to be his position and Rafa has played him in that position plenty of times and he has been abysmal there too. All round I don't think Kuyt has anything to offer Liverpool he has no skill no touch and isn't any good as a striker or a winger
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #47: Jan 27, 2009 03:57:12 pm

Very Funny post mate - read your own words:

He doesn't have the pace (or crosses) to become a decent Right-Winger...WHERE DO WE PLAY HIM ?

Case closed mate!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #48: Jan 27, 2009 03:58:14 pm
      Head down - Donkey!

Sell him please....

:lmao: :lmao:

How would you know how accurate Paula Radcliffe can piss?  ;)
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #49: Jan 27, 2009 04:02:31 pm
      :lmao: :lmao:

How would you know how accurate Paula Radcliffe can piss?  ;)

Did you not see her at the side of the road - skill or what?  SKILL something Dirk lacks by the way...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #50: Jan 27, 2009 04:02:36 pm
      Very Funny post mate - read your own words:

He doesn't have the pace (or crosses) to become a decent Right-Winger...WHERE DO WE PLAY HIM ?

Case closed mate!

More imortantly who would you have playing right-wing instead of Dirk? Ryan Babel who's looked even less arsed, Benayoun? we all saw how well he did when he replaced Dirk last Monday or possibly El Zhar, while having necessary pace does he have the right mentality for the BIG games.

Plus it's not like we can buy anyone at the moment, so my question is again who would you have replace Dirk on the right?
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #51: Jan 27, 2009 04:07:56 pm
      More imortantly who would you have playing right-wing instead of Dirk? Ryan Babel who's looked even less arsed, Benayoun? we all saw how well he did when he replaced Dirk last Monday or possibly El Zhar, while having necessary pace does he have the right mentality for the BIG games.

Plus it's not like we can buy anyone at the moment, so my question is again who would you have replace Dirk on the right?

I'm all for confidence.  How can Babel, Yossi and Pennant - have any confidence - in the way they keep being in one week and then out the next...then in one week then out for the next few matches?  It's just not on.

I like Babel and I like Yossi.  Babel has a few tricks - and I believe if he had a run in the side, he could establish himself.  Yossi - the same...very intelligent - but again no consistency in playing week in week out.

Only my opinion - I cannot stand Dirk in the side.  Commitment 100% no question - genuine talent...come on!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #52: Jan 27, 2009 05:09:36 pm
      Piss at the side of the road ? I thought she dropped a little brownie didn't she ? Any way back to dirk, Yeah, works like a horse, never gives up, always pressuring the defenders, great engine and all that, BUT........ sometimes his control is worse than my 10 year old lad, (although I have to say he is pretty good, even at 10).
      and the oportunity is lost as he fights to get possesion back.  Does my head in.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Jan 27, 2009 07:05:47 pm
      we bought dirk kuyt as a ten million pound striker feel sorry for him at times he has never got to play regularly in his main position, i actually think him and torres could be an okay partnership, he looks lost at times when he is playing right midfield, he runs all day but to be honest you need more from your wide man
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #54: Jan 27, 2009 08:05:44 pm
      Dirk is a genuine person and a trier,he runs all day long but it is not enough to be a Liverpool player of the highest quality.His first touch is awful esp for a Dutchman and it shows the standard of the Dutch leauge he scored a lot there but has failed to do so here.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #55: Jan 27, 2009 08:06:34 pm
      dude somethings wrong with you. if you're mad at life dont bring all you sh** to the forum, some people here is actually trying to be constructive and friendly. you might have different opinions, and still not need to talk like a f**king gangster o whatever you think you sound like. plus, you're as 'geek' as the guy who tried to help you understand how names are written in this century, you know, one of those angry agressive geeks who think they are bad guys while they eat pizza 24/7. so please take your pills.

btw i think dirk is doing his best effort but imo he's not a natural winger, so no one should really be asking more of him playing in that position. and btw, he has scored mora goals than riera, idk about assists, but i just think people should not be that harsh with him. rafa is using the lads in a kind of wieird way, and as i said that is not dirks position in the first place so personally i won't complain a thing bout him.
      :lmao:   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Very true
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #56: Jan 27, 2009 08:07:16 pm
      Dirk is a genuine person and a trier,he runs all day long but it is not enough to be a Liverpool player of the highest quality.His first touch is awful esp for a Dutchman and it shows the standard of the Dutch leauge he scored a lot there but has failed to do so here.

I don't understand what you mean by "especially for a dutchman"

mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #57: Jan 27, 2009 08:09:34 pm
      I don't understand what you mean by "especially for a dutchman"

What i meant was Dutch players are usually technically gifted Kuyt is not.
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #58: Jan 27, 2009 10:39:02 pm
      I think it's about time we recognize the fact that we bought Kuyt as a striker and we should use him as such. Rafa employing him on the right is making us deficient in a lot of ways. In short Kuyt should be put in his right place and a skillful right winger should be sought. We need skillful players on the wing not runners and hard workers. Even Yossi is more of an attacking midfielder than a winger. I wonder if Rafa's use of players out of position is also a cause of their slump in form.
      yowg8ynwa
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #59: Jan 27, 2009 10:42:44 pm
      i can appreciate dirk's endless running and sweat he gives for the club but he just isn't a good enough winger.  But then again, we don't really have anyone else we can put into the right wing, i don't know who would replace dirk but again, i can appreciate his effort.  we do need a specialist winger though, or someone who can come up from the academy ranks
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #60: Jan 28, 2009 12:20:43 am
      I will give dirk credit hes got a great engine and doesnt stop running for the team,but we bought him to score goals,hes not the fastest,his touch is not the greatest,most of the time his shooting is piss poor,even if you did put him upfront he wouldnt be a prolific goal scorer,dirk kuyt has been here for a few years now and has never gone on a good goal scoreing streak,hes just not good enough,him and beniyoun,arbeloa,lucas,dossana,deggam,arulio,are simply not good enough for liverpool !

i almost agree with you but...and i've said this in reference to other players...how often has Rafa actually played Dirk as an out and out striker and/or set the team up to feed the ball to him on the floor in advanced areas? in my recollection, not very often. how is a striker supposed to score when he is deployed 30 or 40 yards from goal all the time? initially I thought Dirk was at fault and not following Rafa's instructions by coming too deep all the time but after Rafa had "allowed" him to do this in about 50 games I decided Dirk must be doing EXACTLY what Rafa wants...

so, blame Rafa not Kuyt!

OK...OK....sure...Dirk may never be a 25 goal man but how can he establish confidence as a goal scorer when he only gets one or two chances per game, if even that, and has to run his legs off all the time. on many occasions it seems to me his legs are "gone" and he barely has the strength to shoot never mind bury it....

and yet...STILL...he comes up with big goals in big games....so he is a WINNER unlike some of the other babies we are carrying week in week out...

so...in summary...Kuyt is a pretty damn good asset for LFC and, until we have a genuinely excellent wide right replacement, I suggest we lay off the criticism and thank him for his efforts...

oh, yes, I am aware that he hasn't played particularly well these last few games but then that could be said of most of the squad, no?
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #61: Jan 28, 2009 07:15:32 am
      The reason Kuyt does so much running and putting the defense under pressure is because he gives the ball away so easy he makes his own life on the football pitch harder. He is constantly chasing defenders down cos they take the ball off him or his touch lets him down and then he has to chase after the ball.

I remember Kuyt playing quite a few games as a striker last year I also remember a lot of draws where he did score any thing, I really don't see the point of having him in the team.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #62: Jan 28, 2009 08:48:33 am
      Arrigo Sacchi anyone?
      Epicthunder
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 206 posts | -1 
      Reply #63: Jan 28, 2009 08:55:38 am
      All players go through this and lose their touch for a while,  His touch will come back.!
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #64: Jan 28, 2009 08:58:59 am
      Think i might get shot down but i think Stevie on the right for remainder of the season i know how good he is in the center just behind Torres but we need him to take one for the team(again) and Keane or Yossi  behind fernando.No one can question Kuyt's commitment or work rate but we need more while going forward if we're serious about the title also i'd like to see more risks taking with young reserve players throw them in at the deep end and see if they can swim .
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #65: Jan 28, 2009 05:21:51 pm
      No one should be criticising kuyt, they should be applauding him, he is a centre forward playing right wing, with no pace or skill, but still gets goals and assists, am sure he wants to play up front, but he is just doing as he is told.

To be honest I think kuyt and torres would play well up front together while keane is playing poorly, but who do you play right wing, el zhar, who has no really experince especially since were pushing for the title, or benayoun who am not a fans of, who comes in side to much and leaves us open to be attack.

Rafa has no option to play kuyt there an think thats why kuyt doesnt get dropped, Kuyt works hard, gets back and defends and gets foward and does a IMO a great job for a player out of position, if he was a natual winger I would understand he isnt setting the world a light on the right wing, but he is a centre foward in the wrong postion.

Quick Reply