Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Expectations 2014 and Raising the bar.

Read 5337 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Expectations 2014 and Raising the bar.
      Reply #23: Jan 09, 2014 03:35:51 pm
      Best opportunity to get back into the top four than we have had for a couple of years.
      I grew up with   the Reds in Europe every year and that wasnt any Champions "League".
      It was Champions for the European Cup  and UEFA / InterCities Fairs Cup for the also rans. Cup Winners for the FA Cup.

It was two leg knockout.
      Kill or be killed.

The Mancs have had it easy.

Its time we were back up there. Times may have changed and so has the money in the game but is is our history that determines our quest to go again.

Dont F**k this up saving a couple of quid. Get some proven players in this window to carry us over the line.
      Once there we can stay there.

If we miss the CL then BR has only 12 months left on his contract   .........
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #24: Jan 11, 2014 05:08:54 pm
      I would vaguely understand of we finished behind man u although that's looking unlikely. If we lose out on fourth to spurs or Everton when they're in massive transition that would hurt a lot especially as neither finished twenty odd points ahead of us last year .. Let's start with a convincing victory tomorrow...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #25: Jan 11, 2014 06:17:29 pm
      It all hingest on this comming window. Fail to strengthen and I can honestly see us finishing outside the top four.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Jan 11, 2014 06:23:00 pm
      I'd say it hinges more on our away form, we need to improve that drastically, think we've won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 if my memory serves me correct.

To raise the bar then certainly we need a couple of quality additions or maybe one top quality one like Mata.

But for top 4 expectations maintain our home form and improve our away form and we should make it, starting with Stoke tomorrow as I don't think Spurs are going to be as poor as they were under AVB.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #27: Jan 12, 2014 12:16:15 am
      I'd say it hinges more on our away form, we need to improve that drastically, think we've won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 if my memory serves me correct.

To raise the bar then certainly we need a couple of quality additions or maybe one top quality one like Mata.

But for top 4 expectations maintain our home form and improve our away form and we should make it, starting with Stoke tomorrow as I don't think Spurs are going to be as poor as they were under AVB.

I think the two are inextricably linked. Our hit and miss away form is a result of the lack of quality and depth that we have in the squad.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #28: Jan 12, 2014 02:13:51 pm
      If you look at our next 7 games - there's only the Arse & the Bitters that "should" even consider giving us an argument. Get the working togs on boys and grind through to March, then see where we are.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #29: Jan 12, 2014 08:28:33 pm
      Anyone seen the Gerrard interview with Geoff Shreaves this weekend?

They were talking about qualifying for Europe and that getting 21 wins in a season has guaranteed top 4 every Premier League season except the last one. 

We've got 13 now so where do people reckon the next 8 will come from and will we do it?

Is it possible for us to achieve it without taking a point off the other 3?

Will all previous stats be enough?  ie the one above and the one we've been working on with averaging 2 ppg?

I think it's possible and with every passing fixture it's one less for the others to catch and overtake us  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Jan 12, 2014 08:53:26 pm
      To repeat myself..We might just win it

We have not been brilliant yet, we always have a brilliant spell, every season. Plus we have traditionally been stronger 2nd half of the season. Add in our rivals all have to come here.

We can win it, and if we don't well come close
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #31: Jan 12, 2014 09:31:25 pm
      I agree with what Gerrard said in his SSN interview. We can get 4th, and we could also get higher than 4th.

Come the end of January, I think it will become apparent what our best possible finish will be. We can put a string of wins together now and we could be top again at the end of the transfer window, and we may have added some strength to the squad. On top of that, our rivals could still have champions league footy to play and they have to come to Anfield too.

I think 4th is a good target, and from this position, I'd be sort of pissed off if we lost it to Everton, Spurs or Man U. At the same, time, I think we could surprise a few people and put in a challenge for the title. I'll predict 3rd.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #32: Jan 13, 2014 05:41:10 am
      Our next 8 games in the league

18th Jan : Villa (h)

28th : Everton (h)

02nd : West Brom (a)

06th : Arsenal (h)

12th : Fulham (a)

23rd : Swansea (h)

1st : Southampton (a)

All winnable

If we can take 18 points plus forget top 4 we're in the title shake up with Citeh and Chelski to come at home!

Quick Reply