Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Will it all come down to Old Trafford?

Read 3524 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Will it all come down to Old Trafford?
      Reply #23: Jan 27, 2009 05:18:54 pm
      If we won at Old Trafford I would be happy to stay in there singing for a good couple of hours after full time!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,524 posts | 2874 
      Reply #24: Jan 27, 2009 07:40:22 pm
      Unless we start winning games fast, Old Trafford won't decide it. And even if we do I don't think it will be decided there, but it will be a hugely crucial game.

I'm only looking at tomorrow night against Wigan. Crucial game.

I'm not even thought about Chelsea a bit yet.
      Mario91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 27, 2009 08:11:03 pm
      It will be a crucial game, but not decisive. I think that if we are close to manc after this game we can win the title.
      Their games in the last month(May) are more difficult than ours. They have to play against Middlesbrough(away) , Manchester City(home), Arsenal(home) and Hull (away). We play in May against Newcastle(home) ,West Ham(away) ,West Bromich(away) and Tottenham(home). May will be decisive and I think if we are close to them (1 or 2 points) or above them we will win the title.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #26: Jan 28, 2009 12:41:58 am
      i don't think it ever really comes down to one game in principle...it is basically "play 38 games and add up the points"...of course, some games seem "crucial" but 4 points lost against Stoke are just as decisive.

what I am getting at is that EVERY game is do-or-die but it seems our players and manager don't always get it...not judging by their sometimes half-hearted efforts anyway. if we win the games we "should" win more often then the Manc game would be relatively meaningless.
      SirAlex
      • You'll always be Mr Ferguson to Rafa.
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | -11 
      • Come in peace, friendly banter please.
      Reply #27: Jan 28, 2009 07:13:13 am
      I'm not worried. Expecting nothing less than 3points . We only dropped 2points all season at home ( the opening game of the season V Newcastle ).

Someone mentioned our injuries - Brown and Rio are aready back, with Evans and Fabio due back ina week, Rooney 2 weeks, Nani and Anderson 3weeks.

dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #28: Jan 28, 2009 07:23:24 am
      ^^^^
      All fringe players any way, apart from Rooney.
      The mancs were back to full strength pretty much last night.
      Saying that I don't think the manc game will decide our season its the Wigans and the Aston Villas and the Spurs that will determine the rest our season the manc game could go either way, could depend on what ol' red nose has to say to the ref at half time.  :-\
      Epicthunder
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 206 posts | -1 
      Reply #29: Jan 28, 2009 08:52:17 am
      If man u beat us they will be 6 points ahead if they win all there games before hand,  We need to win! it's all about our attitude towards the game, i believe we can win.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #30: Jan 28, 2009 09:58:05 am
      Lets just beat Wigan tommorow!

Quick Reply