Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Sky "Broadband" ???

Read 2826 times
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Sky "Broadband" ???
      Jun 22, 2012 11:58:53 pm
      After being with Virgin just for phone and the interweb we were offered a deal by sky to get movies and broadband half price for 12months, so we agreed, it was installed on friday, and I personaly think they have a damn cheek to call it Broadband, my youngest son loves goin on youtube to watch videos of superhero toys, lego vids ect, he was left for at least 10mins for a 2min video to load.
      Me thinking it "had to warm up" or somthing, though nothing of it. But after today, no xbox for me or kids, no sky player, which made me laugh it told me "theres a problem with your connection" all i thought was yes, its YOUR connection! no youtube vids again, and it took an age just to get on here, now I was'nt expecting the same as virgins "super-mega-lightspeed" or fibre optic as its known, but somthing alittle slower, not this. :mad:
      It's horribly slow, but lucky enough, and sneaky ;) I didnt cancel virgin, which Iam glad of because thats what I've plugged back in, now Iam thinking do you still get the 7 or 14 day canceling period?
      because I really cant use the sky one, and I wouldnt even mind if i didnt get the money back that Ive paid already, I just want to know can I cancel tommorow without any bulls*it?

Sorry if theres a thread on this, its my first,dont really know how to start a thread, iam just very anoyed with there "Broadband" :mad: :mad:
      LFCexiled
      Re: Sky "Broadband" ???
      Reply #1: Jun 23, 2012 12:23:43 am
      You do have a cooling off period but I'm not sure if it's from the fitting date or day you signed up, time to read your contract mate. It could also be an issue with your router. I had a problem with my sky router were everything slowed right down, if they connected at all, I changed my security from wep/psk to wap and everything cleared up.

I average about 13 meg with sky and have done since after the first week or so, for some reason it takes sky a week or so to work out what speed to give you, I think it may be to ration out the speeds across all your local exchange users. If it does settle down at 13 meg then it's ample because it'll stay that way 24 hours a day, sky don't throttle their speed like vermin do so unless you've got serious gamers all trying to connect it should be fine.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #2: Jun 23, 2012 12:31:30 am
      I believe the cooling off period for Sky Talk and Broadband is 8 days from activation day.

You installed Friday of last week? When did they activate it mate?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,616 posts | 1513 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Jun 23, 2012 07:25:33 am
      I have both Sky and Virgin broadband, the Sky one is absolute trash. Simple websites can take minutes to load.. Luckily we got it free with our Tv and phone package. Luckily, having a couple of gamers in the house we got Virgin 100mb also (need them good pings ;D) so we just use that.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #4: Jun 23, 2012 10:26:50 am
      I believe the cooling off period for Sky Talk and Broadband is 8 days from activation day.

You installed Friday of last week? When did they activate it mate?
      I have both Sky and Virgin broadband, the Sky one is absolute trash. Simple websites can take minutes to load.. Luckily we got it free with our Tv and phone package. Luckily, having a couple of gamers in the house we got Virgin 100mb also (need them good pings ;D) so we just use that.

I'm guessing his lack of activity is his Internet's broke. ;D
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 23, 2012 06:29:35 pm
      I believe the cooling off period for Sky Talk and Broadband is 8 days from activation day. You installed Friday of last week? When did they activate it mate?

friday gone, and that was the activation date also.
      I'd love to give it a week or so, but I dont want to give it that week, and have them say "its too late" or somthing along those lines. But it might be worth a try.

I wouldnt say there are any serious gamers here, but my youngest loves his youtube and that was slow far too slow, then I like a game when I can on the xbox,and my eldest loves zombies on cod but as long as it connects and is half decent I wouldnt mind and I doubt he would, as it is it wont even fully connect to xbox live,so a game is out the question. I'll re-connect it and give it a week, but I might give sky a call on monday to vent my displeasure and let them know if it doesnt pick up, Ill be going back to virgin.
      Thanks for all the help and advice guys :D
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #6: Jun 24, 2012 01:19:05 am
      Just give them a phone call mate, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Just do it sooner rather than later.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 750 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 26, 2012 03:12:13 pm
      Cancelled,
      Had it "going" through the weekend, and gave it till today, still not good enough phoned them on sunday about problems, speed ect, they said try this that ect, nothing worked, so Just this min cancelled it, they were quite understanding and gave me half price movies and sports for 6 months, which was nice.
      Happy to say running Virgin and its good.....well I got in here in under 10mins so it cant be bad eh ;)

Thanks again for the help and advice :)
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 27, 2012 03:58:15 pm
      Was only on 10 now virgin upped it to 30 mb its great nice new fast for internet and best it was free
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #9: Jun 27, 2012 07:40:48 pm
      I'm with Sky and although the speed isn't that great, that's more down to the lines in my street as nobody can offer anything quicker. It's relatively stable but we have to reset the router from time to time and it can play up during heavy periods (bank holiday evenings, for example). Irritatingly, there IS cable in our street but it stops 5 doors before my house.
      I was reading broadband reviews and ended up on the BT site. I filled in my info and it appears we're getting cable by Sept 30th this year  :)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,616 posts | 1513 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #10: Jun 27, 2012 09:39:20 pm
      Was only on 10 now virgin upped it to 30 mb its great nice new fast for internet and best it was free
      Awesome isnt it? xD

They doubled my 50Mb to 100Mb, ridiculous how fast I can download a full movie/game now  :o
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 28, 2012 02:23:09 am
      Yes it's great, good for streaming footie

Quick Reply