Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Liverpool vs Chelsea - Pre-match Thread.

Read 17673 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Liverpool vs Chelsea - Pre-match Thread.
      Reply #92: Feb 01, 2009 01:23:38 pm
      For this game id like to see 4 4 2. Id also like to see Stevie on the right and Kuyt up alongside Torres

Reina

Arbe Carra Skrtel Agger (never happen)

Stevie Masch Xabi  Riera

Kuyt Nando

I like that team, apart from put Aurelio in at left back.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #93: Feb 01, 2009 01:35:22 pm
      just cannot afford any slips today,so come on reds lets start this game with a bang and keep the pressure on the chavs all the way through,no pissing about on the half way line.come on you red men.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #94: Feb 01, 2009 01:36:23 pm
      I love looking at all the posts and seeing all the various team selections. All make very interesting reading and goes to show what great football knowledge and appreciation scousers have along with a great understanding of the game. The main problem we have is that Rafa doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as most of us. Don't be surprised to see lucas an c/mid, to reguvernate his confidence after giving away the pen against wigan. I am convinced 100 % that we will beat the chavs today with our STRONGEST 11 starting.  I'm not sure that is what will start though, so no predictions from me until I hear the team news. I hope we start with.....Riena, Arbeloa, Carra, Aurelio,Kuytt, Xabi, Masch, Riera, Stevie G and Nando. Once again, a must win game but the chavs are really going tohave a go today, a draw is no good to them either. Come on you Red Men !

Oh no Lucas starting today (I think not )Today is deffo not a time to be trying to get someones confidence up!! Especilly Lucas who for me at present is only good enough to be in our Ressies.

:f_wah:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #95: Feb 01, 2009 02:19:53 pm
      A reminder that people should be putting their stream links in the correct thread:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=1288.0

Which is where I moved yours, Onegerrard. ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #96: Feb 01, 2009 02:22:42 pm

Oh no Lucas starting today (I think not )Today is deffo not a time to be trying to get someones confidence up!! Especilly Lucas who for me at present is only good enough to be in our Ressies.

:f_wah:

I look forward to rubbing that in your face ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #97: Feb 01, 2009 02:29:21 pm
      He hasnt kicked a ball and already he is copping it. How some people work.

I wouldnt start him but if the scenario is right then he has his part to play. After watching the Oz Open epic i'm expecting this to round off a perfect night.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #98: Feb 01, 2009 02:35:19 pm
      Anybody from the forum going the game?
      infrablue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #99: Feb 01, 2009 02:35:59 pm
      no really, I hope Rafa will start today without Lucas and Yossi! Whenever one of them or both play we either get a draw or we loose!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #100: Feb 01, 2009 02:37:42 pm
      no really, I hope Rafa will start today without Lucas and Yossi! Whenever one of them or both play we either get a draw or we loose!

Like them or not, that's your opinion, but that's not an actual fact now, is it?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #101: Feb 01, 2009 02:39:39 pm
      Infrablue is a name an Evertonian would be more likely to use. And its Yossi not Jossi
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #102: Feb 01, 2009 02:40:46 pm

You'll notice I changed it when I quoted him in my post!  8)
      infrablue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #103: Feb 01, 2009 02:42:21 pm

yes, that's why forums are for, giving your opinion !

And for infrablue, never thought of that.....hahahah...looks funny...............that's a name I have used in many forums so I did that here also!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #104: Feb 01, 2009 02:43:52 pm
      yes, that's why forums are for, giving your opinion !

Well spotted, though my post was, in fact, highlighting your misconception that whenever Lucas or Yossi play we draw or lose.

Which is wrong.
      infrablue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #105: Feb 01, 2009 02:48:47 pm
      Well spotted, though my post was, in fact, highlighting your misconception that whenever Lucas or Yossi play we draw or lose.

Which is wrong.
      yes of course that's not a fact, because we won so many times with both of them in formation, but to me it looks like they are a bad luck, and I cannot see them as a KOP players.... I don't know why but simply Rafa have better players to choose from the KOP!   
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #106: Feb 01, 2009 02:50:55 pm
      yes of course that's not a fact, because we won so many times with both of them in formation, but to me it looks like they are a bad luck, and I cannot see them as a KOP players.... I don't know why but simply Rafa have better players to choose from the KOP!  

Is it me or did you just say that they are bad luck but we win so many times with them? Also, we are Liverpool not KOP.
      infrablue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #107: Feb 01, 2009 02:55:43 pm
      Is it me or did you just say that they are bad luck but we win so many times with them? Also, we are Liverpool not KOP.
      OK, I am new here, I don't know why you should be so rude with me....I thought when I came that  I will find some friends here but I don not see that here, sorry guys but if you will go like this, not letting people giving their opinion you will have many fans leaving the forum.... I in January you and me a any Liverpool fan saw that, in Everton game, we draw because of Yossi late free kick, than in the last game we draw because of Lucas, and do you think Lucas is better than Alonso and Yossi better than Kuyt or Babel or Riera?????? and in the end if you love them just say so and do not behave like than with me..........

P.S
      I forgot to ask you.....Who is the KOP than?
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #108: Feb 01, 2009 03:00:45 pm
      I don't want lucas to play today because I know he'll mess up as for yossi he can have good and bad games depends what mood he's in
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #109: Feb 01, 2009 03:01:41 pm
      OK, I am new here, I don't know why you should be so rude with me....I thought when I came that  I will find some friends here but I don not see that here, sorry guys but if you will go like this, not letting people giving their opinion you will have many fans leaving the forum.... I in January you and me a any Liverpool fan saw that, in Everton game, we draw because of Yossi late free kick, than in the last game we draw because of Lucas, and do you think Lucas is better than Alonso and Yossi better than Kuyt or Babel or Riera?????? and in the end if you love them just say so and do not behave like than with me..........

P.S

We tell it like it is. Hence people saying your wrong.... it's not our fault that we disagree with you.
      infrablue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #110: Feb 01, 2009 03:04:07 pm
      We tell it like it is. Hence people saying your wrong.... it's not our fault that we disagree with you.
      well you were asking for facts and you are giving none.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #111: Feb 01, 2009 03:05:39 pm

P.S

Touchy arent you? Just because your new it doesnt mean i should say hello, give you a hug and show you the ropes. If you say something i dont agree with i will tell you.

The KOP, or Kop, is a stand in our home ground, Anfield. We are called Liverpool, not KOP.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #112: Feb 01, 2009 03:06:29 pm
      well you were asking for facts and you are giving none.

I didn't ask for facts once......
      infrablue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #113: Feb 01, 2009 03:07:40 pm
      Touchy arent you? Just because your new it doesnt mean I should say hello, give you a hug and show you the ropes. If you say something I dont agree with I will tell you.

The KOP, or Kop, is a stand in our home ground, Anfield. We are called Liverpool, not KOP.
      So if we call Gerrard a Kopeen it means he is a fan not a palyer?

and

no no, I would never hug you!!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #114: Feb 01, 2009 03:08:13 pm
      So if we call Gerrard a Kopeen it means he is a fan not a palyer?

It's Kopite for a start. ;)

Quick Reply