Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

** Investment News - finally the LFC TAKEOVER! (Part 1) **

Read 53187 times
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Re: ** LFC Investment News
      Reply #69: Dec 07, 2006 07:11:30 pm
      you keep going tits up !!  whats the matter with you ?  Get a new bra !!   ;D

Oh... im sorry  :action-smiley-027:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #70: Dec 07, 2006 07:39:52 pm

And a clean pair of undies  ;)
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #71: Dec 09, 2006 05:43:02 pm
      All gone quiet on the Investment talk but seeing Dubai International members at the match was pleasing!
      Like they said on Sky Sports News.. "Will Fulham ever beat Liverpool at Anfield"
      crouchendtiger
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #72: Dec 12, 2006 10:14:54 pm
      The Dubai deal sounds like excellent news for our club.  Somewhere between the excess of the Abramovich plaything at Stamford Bridge and the heavy debt at Old Trafford.  However, the deal is still a business deal and the Sheikh is a shrewd investor who needs the investment to make money - he has never been one to throw his money away. 

One major source of revenue would be the new stadium, which they have indicated they want to get built quickly as possible to start generating a better return.  From this it is not a totally ludicrous jump to see a scenario where their business plan requires the stadium to be income-generating more frequently than once a fortnight over the winter months.

What would your thoughts be on the desirability of the investment if it were predicated on the need to share the ground with Everton?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #73: Dec 12, 2006 10:25:29 pm
      I wouldn't want the investment if it meant we had to share a ground with Everton. 

I don't think that is a route Liverpool would want to go down anyway.  Maybe Everton may move even a couple more miles further away - then they could ground share with St Helens RLFC. 

Hopefully the stadium could possibiy be ready for the 2008/09 season.  The Emirates stadium was knocked up relatively quickly. Certainly the contractors will not have massive infra-structure problems as access would be easy.

The club have launched a planning permission directive to knock down the houses behind Anfield Road (ie. development office, LFC website offices) to make way for a temporary car-park....
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2006 10:26:46 pm by JD »
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #74: Dec 13, 2006 01:42:08 pm
      The ground share is a non starter for the reds,its only the toffees that are interested in this and now that Tesco park is on the cards,we can all forget this silly idea,the toffees are not worthy of sharing a ground with the mighty reds.We are the only team in Liverpool,the First,the Last THE ONLY!!!!!!!!
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #75: Dec 15, 2006 12:42:26 am
      your forgetting about liverpool reserves
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #76: Dec 15, 2006 03:44:15 pm
      How silly of me to forget the reserves and the youngsters and of course the lovely ladies!!!
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #77: Dec 17, 2006 09:27:04 pm
      and the under 18's and so on
      AdelaideRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #78: Dec 19, 2006 02:04:37 am
      Hi everyone, i saw the plans/pictures of the proposed new stadium on lfctv.com and was just wondering if that is the final design. It looks a bit generic to me and i know that you cant replace the history of the kop in a new stadium but is it possible to have something similar at one end. I live in australia and watch the reds every chance i get and the Kop in full voice and colour is one of the greatsights in SPORT and it would be sad to see it disappear.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #79: Jan 02, 2007 01:48:52 pm
      I think that Sheikh Mohamed and George Gillett both really want to invest so we will almost definatly get lots money ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #80: Jan 11, 2007 04:30:09 pm
      I think any takeover with massive cash injection is good, where ever it comes from as long as its not loaned. It has to be better than our current situation of 80 million in the red!! Irish, Arabs or Yanks, get your wallets out, lets have an auction.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #81: Jan 12, 2007 01:29:50 pm
      I don't think that is a route Liverpool would want to go down anyway.  Maybe Everton may move even a couple more miles further away - then they could ground share with St Helens RLFC. 

Listen, as a St.Helens red there is no way i'd let that shower of blue sh*te into Saints new stadium......let em rot in Kirkby!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #82: Jan 12, 2007 11:04:08 pm
      Just posted this on Lucas Neil thread as well cos both topics get a mention :

SOURCE - GUARDIAN .CO.UK    About half-way own this appears:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2007 11:06:47 pm by smigger15 »
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #83: Jan 13, 2007 06:43:47 pm
      Just posted this on Lucas Neil thread as well cos both topics get a mention :

SOURCE - GUARDIAN .CO.UK    About half-way own this appears:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill

Well can you blame them?? but cmon this has to be dribble from the horses mouth. Some of the sh*t that has come from the Guardian lately as been total bollox, I always respected them as more academic paper in the sense they did try and provide evidence to ahdere to their stories. But lately I have to admit they are going down the wrong route to try and sell a few more papers or get people interested in what some of their so called jounalistic accompanyments have to say which as of late has been total bullshit.

What makes me laugh about all these so called Football Writers, is the fact 99% of them have never even played the game to any degree, and are fat bastads who eat pies and drink like fish. And yet this makes then experts on the game when they would probably faint when going through the door of the gym. just look at sky news who hire all these football writers to come on and provide reviews on a game they have never played properly or try and provide whitty comment with a wink, to let the viewer or reader know that they have some scoop from a reliable source, when in fact all they have is fu*k all about nothing and just sit on their fat arses somehow justifying to their employers their fee. Sounds a bit like that fat bastad who runs that kopshite website Dunc the fat geordy pie eating Walter Mitty type talks total crap then trys charging people for it.

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2007 06:50:17 pm by pragmatic »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #84: Jan 14, 2007 11:56:46 am
      Liverpool Takeover Imminent (from the BBC)

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry says he expects the club's takeover by Dubai International Capital to be completed "relatively quickly".

"A huge amount of work has been going on, we'll have something to say soon," he told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek.

"Yes, the deal is looking positive and yes, I'm confident it will go through. This will take us to the next level.

"But it's not a quick fix, a rich man's plaything. It's a long-term model for success, based around the new stadium."

DIC, the investment arm of Dubai's government, has been in talks with the Anfield club for the past six weeks about a possible buy-out.

Parry says the time the group has spent at the club has been beneficial to both parties.

"Over the past month or so they have had a team of people here, working around the clock," added Parry.

"They have been on a real learning curve because football is slightly different to the other businesses they might be involved in.

"It helps that most of the key people we've been dealing with are Liverpool supporters so they know what we're all about.

"It's now a case of finalising the due diligence and pulling everything together, which we hope will be completed relatively quickly."

Meanwhile, Parry says Liverpool are in talks about adding to their squad in the January transfer window after two humiliating cup defeats by Arsenal last week.

"You have to have priorities and ours are to invest in the first team, which we have done with substantial sums in the past three years," said Parry.

"We may sign players before the transfer widow shuts.

"We are working hard on a few things at the moment and we will reveal everything once it is all sorted out."

Parry also confirmed that manager Rafael Benitez turned down the chance to join Real Madrid last summer because of his commitment to the Reds.

"In the summer Rafa rejected the chance to move to Real, which was a big, big temptation for him," revealed Parry.

"It was all pretty serious. Real is his club, he was there as a player and as a coach too and it would always be an opportunity he would have to consider.

"But he enjoys being at Liverpool and he believed in the direction we are taking and he is passionate about that too."

homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #85: Jan 15, 2007 01:53:13 am
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #86: Jan 15, 2007 11:09:48 pm
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/01/15/moores-to-pocket-%c2%a375-million-in-lfc-sale/

Moores to pocket £75 million in LFC sale

The Dubai investment bid at Anfield is set to value the club itself at £156 million according to the BBC.

Chairman David Moores, who owns just over 51% of the club’s shares, is expected to pocket £75 million from the deal.

Dubai Investment Capital are at a very advanced stage after assessing the club’s finances in intimate detail in the last month.

DIC has almost completed its due diligence, but Liverpool are keen to get the deal done in time to allow them to bring in some new players before the closure of the transfer window on 31 January.

It is unclear what level of investment in players will be made available to manager Rafael Benitez should the deal go through.

However the total investment package will be nearer 350 million pounds, as around 200 million pound will be needed to help finance the new Anfield stadium development.

Maybe the JCB's might start plundering past Vernon Sangster soon?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #87: Jan 16, 2007 05:39:41 pm
      i read on the teletext that the investment is only £156 million pounds  ??? if so what happened to the £450 million takeover  ??? ???
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #88: Jan 16, 2007 05:42:51 pm
      I read on the teletext that the investment is only £156 million pounds  ??? if so what happened to the £450 million takeover  ??? ???

Thats prob whats left after all the debts have been paid off !   ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #89: Jan 16, 2007 06:59:19 pm
      I read on the teletext that the investment is only £156 million pounds  ??? if so what happened to the £450 million takeover  ??? ???

They value the club at £156m, David Moores to get £75m and £200m put aside for the new ground.
      Doesn't go far £400m+ does it.
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Reply #90: Jan 16, 2007 09:07:15 pm
      This is taking forever................. ....................
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #91: Jan 17, 2007 12:31:23 am

This is taking forever................. ....................

But hopefully its something worth waiting for. We deserve the best, not a rush job. Probably making sure the club going into right hands and have best interests at heart. Nobody wants another Abromovic, he has a play toy and is getting bored of it now

Quick Reply